Message queuing between Exchange 2003 servers

Hi,

Migrating an Exchange 5.5 environment to an Exchange 2003, there are 7
Exchange 5.5 and 5 Exchange 2003 on the same site/admin group...

Email is queuing between Exchange 2003 servers, there seem to be allot of
emails for Server-IS@domain.com....

Tried a lot of different things ( Turn on diaglog on Transport, no errors,
stopped SMTP VS and service and even MTA and Routing... and only a reboot of
servers seem to empty out the queues...) The problem seems to come back
several hours after the reboot...

Wondering if anyone can help !!!

Thanks !!!

thinkpad21 (78)

e-mail messages, from outlook, to cd, how to
hello there, i have a few thousant e-mail messages in outlook maps. i want to save them, i would like to burn them on a cd. i would like to move them just by one klik of my mouse i can rename them one by one, and then put them in a new map on C disk, an than burn them on a cd, but i want to do them all by just one mouse klick. please can you help me. What are Outlook Maps?? All of your mail is contained in a file with a .pst extension. You can export your folders that you want saved to a .pst file and then burn that to CD (you will need to copy it back to your hard drive and remove the r...

Manually Removing Exchange Attributes
All, Anyone know of a way to remove Exchange attributes from a user when the message store they were originally set to is gone? I was hoping there was a way to do this without actually having to delete the user and re-create them. Thanks, Pair if you right-click the user, and select Exchange tasks, does "remove Exchange attributes" not work? you might try using adsiedit... "TwistedPair" <twistedpair@mail.com> wrote in message news:OAvKnx71EHA.2644@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > All, > Anyone know of a way to remove Exchange attributes from a user when the ...

How do you make Inbox messages stay bold until opened?
While in the Inbox, new messages are bold. Just by "passing" by them, the bolding is removed and it appears the messages have been read. How do you make the message remain bold until the message is actually opened? Tools, options, other, Reading pane button - uncheck Mark as read when selection changes. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlo...

No message rules?
I just switched from Outlook express (which I really like) to Windows live mail. It did a very good job of finding my old contacts and messages, but I don't see my rules. I used to route incoming messages to specific folders based on sender or message title. I can't find the corresponding feature in Windows live mail. Am I just not looking in the right places or does Live mail just not offer the equivalent feature?? ED On the Menu Bar: Tools | Message Rules. Don't see the Menu Bar? The Alt button will temporally enable the Menu Bar, or click on the Menus ...

Web Outlook & Exchange Setup need ideas #2
I currently have Server: Windows 2000 Server, Exchange 5. Clients: Windows 2000 Pro, Outlook 200 I am planning to install Outlook Web Access. I want to upgrade Exchange Server 5.5 to 2003. People say Ex 2003 does has installation probles with Win 2000 Server. Is this true Does Outlook Web Access have to be installed on the same box that is running the Exchange Server? If it has to be, will it work if I install Exchange Server on a different box and have its information store point to the information store of my original Exchange Server. And then install Outlook Web Access on the new box I a...

SFO Installation Error
It appears as if other people have experienced the "Can't Find CRM Server" installation error before; however, I don't see any posts on how to fix it. Please help! I've been using the CRM Server for some time now with no problems. Every time I try to install SFO, I get the following error: Setup was unable to find an instance of the CRM components. Thanks for your help. Please make sure that the user you use to login on your pc is also known in crm with the same user name and password. this is required! Ronald Lemmen Avanade Netherlands "Troy" wrot...

ESEUTIL defrag and Disk space
Is it relatively safe to run ESEUTIL to defrag a priv database on its drive that may not have more than 51% free ? Current Priv file takes about 51% of the space on the drive. We have done our analysis to show that after the defrag, the new priv file should only be about 30% of size of the total drive space. So, do I NEED more drive space to run the ESEUTIL....even though it should have enough space while its building its new priv file at a much smaller size? Thanks SRP you want to have 110% of what the new size will be available...are you basing your calculations on event 1221 t...

Reject messages with custom message?
A policy has dictated an account of a former employee respond to all incoming email messages with a custom note and not allow the messages to accumulate in the mailbox. In fact, for admin purposes it would be great if there was no longer a AD account and mailbox. Thank you, -Bob I suggest that you request a few thousand dollars to hire a programmer to write you a custom event sink so that you can comply with the policy. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "just bob" <kilbyfan-aol@net.com> wrote in message news:%23...

Microsoft Office Conversion filter 2003
Does anyone know how to download the technology onto your computer? ...

block messages
Hi all, can I block on Exch5.5 some inbound messages coming through X400 Connector. I have created Contact with internet email address (non AD user) I have tried Delivery restriction Tab to reject messages from specific mailbox (that Contact) in the internet, but it doesn't work. Is any solution, how to filter abc@abc.com on exch5.5 sp3 Thanks Marek On Wed, 22 Mar 2006 11:34:08 +0100, "Marek" <neco@necoteckaenco.com> wrote: >Hi all, >can I block on Exch5.5 some inbound messages coming through X400 Connector. >I have created Contact with internet email addr...

Outlook message rules for sent message from me.
Greetings, There has always been a message rule I wanted, and never asked about. So now I will. I default a copy of all my send messages to the sent folder. They are marked at read... which is good, because if I send the message, I obviously read it. <grin> At times, I wish I could send the message to other folders. Example. I have a folder called "family". If I send a message to "family", I'd like to be able to put a copy in the "family" folder. I know you could do this, but the message is not marked as read. Thus, the folder is bolded/...

Office 2003 and 2007 Word ignores certain spelling errors
I checked both versions (2003 and 2007) of Office Word to see if they recognized specific spelling errors. Spell checker seems to ignore any word that has certain characters embedded, like any number (0-9), asterisk, parenthesis, right brace, backslash, or left-arrow (shift apostrophe). When I'm banging along and I unintentionally hit a numeric key within a word, spell checker doesn't recognize the error. Why? Is there a fix for this? There's an option (in Word 2003, Tools > Options > Spelling & Grammar; in Word 2007, Office button > Word Options >...

Excel 2003 get text after wraptext problem
Hi all I have a problem that is, to get the texts row by row and count the text line in one cell that wrapped in Excel 2003. After google search, in the previous excel, I can find and count "char(10)" to determine the line break in text string, but in Excel 2003, no any char(10) exists, even char(13) after wrapped (unless I type ALT-ENTER manually). Can anyone tell me how to do it? Thanks for help I don't know of any good way to count lines in a cell if the text wraps because of columnwidth. But you could use something like this to count the number of alt...

Problems opening Outlook 2003
YHi all, I have very recently upgraded office from 2000 to 2003, student and teacher edition. All but Outlook 2003 is working fine, when I open Outlook it says "Your Microsoft Exchange Server is unavailable" - Retry, Work offline or Cancel. I have tried choosing work offline but it then comes up with "Unable to open your default e-mail folders. Your profile is not configured." It then closes :-( Any help much appreciated. Thanks Alex Do you connect to an Exchange Server or are you connecting to an ISP POP3 mail server? "AlexG" <AlexG@discussions.micros...

Exchange 2003, lost messages and tracking
AD 2000 domain, single forest, single domain, single exchange site Exchange 2003 Windows 2003 Ent I have a strange problem going on here. I’ve been receiving complaints periodically about users not receiving message with xls attachments. I sent the user and myself 3 messages from a test yahoo account with sequential subjects (1,2,3…) and a .xls attachment. I received all 3 messages and attachments to my account. The user in question only received the 2nd and 3rd message with attachments. The message tracking center shows all 3 messages being delivered with the final entry being “S...

adding my school MS exchange account to Outlook 2010
Okay, my school has set up a Student email account for me. According to the info page to access it I am supposed to access it thru MS Exchange Lab. Is there a way to add that account to Outlook 2010 or must I access it only via online. It's only a pain because I already have a regular windows live login so I'm always having to log out of one to log into the other. It would be nice if there was a way I could access, download and keep my school account/folders/emails seperate from my regular account, using Outlook. Thanks in advance for any help in this JLMJR JLMJR wr...

Outlook 2003 Error Message #8
When sending messages to my internal MS Exchange recipients I get this error message. "You do not have permission to send to this recipient." Any help or work around for this. I searched the MS Knowledge Base and could get this exact error to come up. Thanks. ...

Message removal
I'm attempting to remove 3 messages that keep appearing in my Sync Issues / Server Failures folder. I delete them, and the next day they are back again. I've tried extracting them with the ExMerge utility, run in Archive mode to delete them from the store. It fails, and in the ExMerge.log file it says: [11:54:12] Error copying messages from folder '\Sync Issues\Server Failures' (MAPI_W_PARTIAL_COMPLETION) Any ideas how I can extract these messages? I would try disabling any AV on the machine you are running Exmerge on and see if that works. On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 09:42:...

number of messages in inbox
how to find the number of messages currently in my inbox? If you have the status bar enabled from the View menu and then highlight the folder the number of items is displayed in the status bar <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08ad01c3d513$e0e22dc0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > how to find the number of messages currently in my inbox? ...

Message Tracking with Message ID
I work on the Defense Message System. We get error reports for messages with a message ID on them. The problem is how does one find the message that goes with the ID in a "FIND" of the Sent Items on the senders computer? I have not found a way that is user friendly to do this search on the users computer. Very Respectfully, ET3 Hettinger USN ...

Exchange DR, what to do
Hello been asked to develop DR (DR as in an entire site being wiped out) plans for our organisations Exchange environment. We have two-node exchange clusters at siteA and at siteB. We have a separate DR site with a newly installed DC, and a standby Exchange Server. I originally had the idea of the following 1. in the event of a disaster, on the DR DC, seize all the FSMO roles 2. setup blank databases on the DR exchange server, use some script to set the homemdb, homemta, msexchhomeserver attributes to point at the DR server 3. users then (after rejigging their outlook profile) then open outl...

OLE Server Error Message
Access 2002. I am running a database compiled with Access 2003 on a system that is using Access XP (2002). When I exit the database I get an "information" dialog that says: A problem occurred while Microsoft Access was communicating with the OLE server. Try one or more of the following: *Make sure you're connected to the network server where the OLE server application is located. *Close the OLE server and restart it outside of Microsoft Access. Then try the original operation again from within Microsoft Access. *Reinstall the OLE server to ensure that it's register...

NDR Message 5.7.1
I have a problem with message beging recieved through our exchange server. This recently started. One of our other admins did some tweaking before he went out of town and we are having a hard time finding out what was done and yes we have tried to contact him. Mail sent from exchange users come in fine but when sent from external addresses (the ones we have tested) do not come in and get a ndr message. I don't know how long this has been happening exactly but it has been a week since the other admin left. Used both DNSreports / DNSstuff and oddly both have the MX and DNS succes...

IMF in Exchange 2007
Hi, How do you enable/administer IMF under exchange 2007. Thanks It's called Content Filter Agent and it can be enabled using the Console - by default on Edge Transport servers. If you're not using an Edge server, you'll need to install antispam agents on Hub Transport server that receives inbound internet mail: http://www.exchangepedia.com/blog/2006/09/how-to-install-anti-spam-agents-on-hub.html Once you have these installed or have an Edge Transport server - in the Console - Org Configuration | Hub Transport | Anti-Spam tab | Content Filtering Properties. Action tab - se...

Suddenly no pictures in HTML messages
Running XP pro SP3, Outlook 2002. About Wed. or Thurs, any html messages received do not include pictures. Did Microsoft send out an update that might have interfered? Or did I do something I'm not aware of? Thank you, Roberta Roberta, you wrote on Sat, 4 Apr 2009 06:52:06 -0700: > About Wed. or Thurs, any html messages received do not include > pictures. Did Microsoft send out an update that might have > interfered? Or did I do something I'm not aware of? There is no such an update. Verify if the Internet Explorer is in offline mode (go to the file menu in IE)...