Message not getting to domains

I have several domains that mail will not accept properly.  Is there a record
type that I can input into the DNS server to allow a "known recipient?"

Example - @notgettingmail.com - message comes back as not deliverable or
delayed.  Surely there is a record or pointer that will allow this.  The
dilema stems from a bad internal (routable) nat addressing scheme.  Whoever
setup the network here, setup a 128.2. internal...YIKES - HELP

--
William Burn
Director of IT

What is the error # in the NDR?

Tom
----------
"William Burn" <WilliamBurn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have several domains that mail will not accept properly.  Is there a
record
> type that I can input into the DNS server to allow a "known recipient?"
>
> Example - @notgettingmail.com - message comes back as not deliverable or
> delayed.  Surely there is a record or pointer that will allow this.  The
> dilema stems from a bad internal (routable) nat addressing scheme.
Whoever
> setup the network here, setup a 128.2. internal...YIKES - HELP
>

> --
> William Burn
> Director of IT

0
nospam183 (19)
11/19/2004 5:49:02 PM
Delivery to the following recipients has been delayed.
 (BUT the message never gets there)

also

            Could not deliver the message in the time limit specified.
Please retry or contact your administrator.
            <exchange_2000.TANDF.LOCAL #4.4.7>

"Tom Edwards" wrote:

> What is the error # in the NDR?
>
> Tom
> ----------
> "William Burn" <WilliamBurn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I have several domains that mail will not accept properly.  Is there a
> record
> > type that I can input into the DNS server to allow a "known recipient?"
> >
> > Example - @notgettingmail.com - message comes back as not deliverable or
> > delayed.  Surely there is a record or pointer that will allow this.  The
> > dilema stems from a bad internal (routable) nat addressing scheme.
> Whoever
> > setup the network here, setup a 128.2. internal...YIKES - HELP
> >

> > --
> > William Burn
> > Director of IT

looks like possibly the server at rcagroup.com is having a problem...this
notification is typically sent to the originator of the message when the
recipient's server cannot be contacted, after a certain amount of time.  If
the message eventually fails (typically a 3-day period), you will get an
NDR...

> Delivery to the following recipients has been delayed.
>  (BUT the message never gets there)
>
> also

0
susan7353 (1225)
11/19/2004 6:32:58 PM
or, as you mentioned, it could be that rcagroup.com is on the IP range that
you are using internally and thus making them impossible to contact. If that
is the case (using a non-private IP subnet that you aren't the owner and
then NAT-ing it), your only solution will be to change your internal subnet
to, preferrably, a private subnet. If not, then you should see if you can
telnet on port 25 to rcagroup.com's mail server at all. If not they may be
having the problems as Susan mentioned.
As far as the DNS entry for "known recipient", all you can do on you end is
make sure your mail server has a reverse DNS entry plus if you want to be
thorough, you can add an SPF record (see www.pobox.com) although I would be
surprised if anyone is ignoring mail servers because of this. Other than
that, you could check to see if you have been blacklisted (go to
senderbase.org and put the IP of your mail server in and see what turns up).

"Susan" <susan@nospam.com> wrote in message
> looks like possibly the server at rcagroup.com is having a problem...this
> notification is typically sent to the originator of the message when the
> recipient's server cannot be contacted, after a certain amount of time.
If
> the message eventually fails (typically a 3-day period), you will get an
> NDR...
>
> "William Burn" <WilliamBurn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Delivery to the following recipients has been delayed.
> >  (BUT the message never gets there)
> >
> > also
> >
> > Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

0
scarr (41)
11/19/2004 7:05:46 PM
SO nothing in the DNS to add a trusted site?  I have their ip for the mail
server, something like port forward or ...  I am not an exchange guru, and I
also appreciate your timely responses.

BB

"Steve Carr" wrote:

> or, as you mentioned, it could be that rcagroup.com is on the IP range that
> you are using internally and thus making them impossible to contact. If that
> is the case (using a non-private IP subnet that you aren't the owner and
> then NAT-ing it), your only solution will be to change your internal subnet
> to, preferrably, a private subnet. If not, then you should see if you can
> telnet on port 25 to rcagroup.com's mail server at all. If not they may be
> having the problems as Susan mentioned.
> As far as the DNS entry for "known recipient", all you can do on you end is
> make sure your mail server has a reverse DNS entry plus if you want to be
> thorough, you can add an SPF record (see www.pobox.com) although I would be
> surprised if anyone is ignoring mail servers because of this. Other than
> that, you could check to see if you have been blacklisted (go to
> senderbase.org and put the IP of your mail server in and see what turns up).
>
> "Susan" <susan@nospam.com> wrote in message
> > looks like possibly the server at rcagroup.com is having a problem...this
> > notification is typically sent to the originator of the message when the
> > recipient's server cannot be contacted, after a certain amount of time.
> If
> > the message eventually fails (typically a 3-day period), you will get an
> > NDR...
> >
> > "William Burn" <WilliamBurn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Delivery to the following recipients has been delayed.
> > >  (BUT the message never gets there)
> > >
> > > also
> > >
> > > Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

nope, any "trusting" they do or your domain has to be done by them not you.
So, if you have set up everything correctly, your best bet might be to try
to contact one of the domains to see if they know why things are failing.
BTW, did you try telnetting to their mailserver on port 25 to see if you got
a response (this would at least prove connectivity). Finally, there is a
nice site for checking your DNS entries for your domain and for your mail at
www.dnsstuff.com. You can run an email test from there plus if you click on
the dnsreport.com link at top left, you can have it verify your domain and
mail settings. Check it out

> SO nothing in the DNS to add a trusted site?  I have their ip for the mail
> server, something like port forward or ...  I am not an exchange guru, and
> also appreciate your timely responses.
>
> BB
>
> "Steve Carr" wrote:
>
> > or, as you mentioned, it could be that rcagroup.com is on the IP range
that
> > you are using internally and thus making them impossible to contact. If
that
> > is the case (using a non-private IP subnet that you aren't the owner and
> > then NAT-ing it), your only solution will be to change your internal
subnet
> > to, preferrably, a private subnet. If not, then you should see if you
can
> > telnet on port 25 to rcagroup.com's mail server at all. If not they may
be
> > having the problems as Susan mentioned.
> > As far as the DNS entry for "known recipient", all you can do on you end
is
> > make sure your mail server has a reverse DNS entry plus if you want to
be
> > thorough, you can add an SPF record (see www.pobox.com) although I would
be
> > surprised if anyone is ignoring mail servers because of this. Other than
> > that, you could check to see if you have been blacklisted (go to
> > senderbase.org and put the IP of your mail server in and see what turns
up).

> > "Susan" <susan@nospam.com> wrote in message
> > > looks like possibly the server at rcagroup.com is having a
problem...this
> > > notification is typically sent to the originator of the message when
the
> > > recipient's server cannot be contacted, after a certain amount of
time.
> > If
> > > the message eventually fails (typically a 3-day period), you will get
an
> > > NDR...
> > >
> > > "William Burn" <WilliamBurn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message

0
scarr (41)
11/19/2004 7:34:42 PM
I have also seen problems like this on DSL around here because the ISP uses
a weird MTU setting that you must do a registry hack to make mail servers
work properly, might be worth checking out.

"William Burn" <WilliamBurn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> SO nothing in the DNS to add a trusted site?  I have their ip for the mail
> server, something like port forward or ...  I am not an exchange guru, and
> also appreciate your timely responses.
>
> BB
>
> "Steve Carr" wrote:
>
>> or, as you mentioned, it could be that rcagroup.com is on the IP range
>> that
>> you are using internally and thus making them impossible to contact. If
>> that
>> is the case (using a non-private IP subnet that you aren't the owner and
>> then NAT-ing it), your only solution will be to change your internal
>> subnet
>> to, preferrably, a private subnet. If not, then you should see if you can
>> telnet on port 25 to rcagroup.com's mail server at all. If not they may
>> be
>> having the problems as Susan mentioned.
>> As far as the DNS entry for "known recipient", all you can do on you end
>> is
>> make sure your mail server has a reverse DNS entry plus if you want to be
>> thorough, you can add an SPF record (see www.pobox.com) although I would
>> be
>> surprised if anyone is ignoring mail servers because of this. Other than
>> that, you could check to see if you have been blacklisted (go to
>> senderbase.org and put the IP of your mail server in and see what turns
>> up).
>>
>> "Susan" <susan@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> > looks like possibly the server at rcagroup.com is having a
>> > problem...this
>> > notification is typically sent to the originator of the message when
>> > the
>> > recipient's server cannot be contacted, after a certain amount of time.
>> If
>> > the message eventually fails (typically a 3-day period), you will get
>> > an
>> > NDR...
>> >
>> > "William Burn" <WilliamBurn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
me9310 (4)

Getting Line/Col from CRichEditCtrl
I am displaying the Line and Column of the caret in a CRichEditCtrl and have a problem with Tab chars since 1 tab represents some number of spaces. Before I go off and write my own code to determine the correct column, is there any features of the CRichEditCtrl that will do this for me? Is there some way to make the ctrl use spaces instead of tab characters? thanks Here is the code in case I am doing something incorrectly. OnUpdateLine( CCmdUI * pCmdUI ) { CString str; long lStart, lEnd; long lLine, lIndex; m_Edit.GetSel( lStart, lEnd ); lLine = m_Edit.LineFromChar( lStart ); lInd...

Copy a Price Level in 9.0
Isn't there a way to quickly & easily clone an entire price schedule? ( on v 9.0). For custom pricing for a new customer, I first creates a new price schedule, then add each inventory item to the new schedule one at a time and configure the price levels for each item manually. I would like to have a "Master" price schedule say... "Distributor List" that contains "standard" prices. Can I clone the Master Distributor List by copying it (all the items & prices it contains) to a NEW price schedule "Distrbutor - 01, then edit the Di...

red flagged messages vibrating
Does anyone know about this strange behaviour? I passed on a laptop to another family member. MS office 2003 is installed on it. He rang me asking if I'd had a problem with the behaviour described. I searched the internet for this behaviour and looked hard at my own outlook settings but no luck. Emails flagged in red flags jump up and down. If it was still my pc, I'd be concerned as well. Joy what happens if he uses another color? does it always happen or only after another app ran or when the computer hasn't been rebooted? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Te...

How do I get source data to show on a chart only if greater than z
I am creating a chart that depicts fleet expenses. I want the chart to draw from the selected source data only if the value is greater than zero. I am knew to Excel and this has stumped me. I have 22 various entries for expenses (oil change, etc.). I want the chart to check the table and if there is an entry - chart it. Is this possible? In place of zero (or empty cell) use =NA(). This displays as #N/A and is ignored by chart Alternatively, activate the chart; use Tools | Options and open the Chart option tab. There you can specify how empty cells are to be treated best wishes -- ...

multiple downloads of same email message
I'm baffled. Since I upgraded to Outlook 2003, I am getting multiple downloads of many of my email messages. I delete them and they pop up again the next time I access my ISP. This never happened before. My husband and I both have computers and both use the same ISP and same email addresses. We leave the messages on the server for 30 days. My husband is using an earlier version of Outlook and he never gets duplicate messages, so the problem is within Outlook 2003. How do I solve the problem? ...

Message box with multiple buttons
Im trying to create a message box that has the message "Do you want t print?" with buttons "Yes" and "No". When yes is selected the prin macro is activated. When no is selceted the macro stops and goes bac to the work sheet. Can anyone help me? Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Code ------------------- If MsgBox("DO YOU WANT TO PRINT?", vbYesNo, "PRINT") = vbYes Then 'Your code for print macro Else End End If ------------------- Rolli -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForu...

track messages
Can you track and group messages sent to more than one recipient as you can in lotus notes? As in request read receipts? Outlook doesn't have the same tracking capability - you need to request receipts if you want tracking and the recipient can avoid sending the tracking info. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-R...

Error message when starting Outlook 2003
New office, new desk, newer computer that is supposed to be better... but every time I start Outlook I get the following error message: The add-in "C:\WINDOWS\System32\PWEXCHEXT32.dll" could not be installed or loaded. This problem may be resolved by using Detect and Repair on the Help menu. Detect and repair doesn't resolve the problem. Really. We tried twice. There's no information that I can find on this in the MS Knowledge Base. Our "Nick Burns Your Company's Computer Guy's" solution for the problem is to ignore it. But the problem is jus...

The form required to view this message cannot be displayed.
A user received the following message when trying to accept an Outlook CRM appointment: "The form required to view this message cannot be displayed. Contact your administrator" The user has a large forms cache and tried clearing the cache, but the problem remains. Does anyone have any suggestions? ------=_NextPart_0001_B5D9A892 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello, Have you tried to increase the Forms Cache on the machine? To increase the size of the Forms Cache, follow these steps: 1. In Outlook, point to Tools and then click Options. 2. Under t...

Axis Title Gets Cropped
In Excel 2003 when I add an axis title to the Y-Axis the last letter gets cropped. It doesn't matter how long the title is it just cuts off the last character. So then I have to use a text box instead. Is there any known fix to this? It seems to be a common bug. One suggestion is to add a few spaces then a period to the title. In this way the result is acceptable when the file is opened on a PC that does not have the problem. Can you email me (private message not to newsgroup) the offending file. I have never had the problem so I would like to experiment. Best wishes Bernard "...

WLM doesn't remove headers or message bodies for newsgroups
I have a newsgroup that loaded up about 150,000 messages. I would like to delete these. So I select newsgroup properties, Local file. Press Delete button. It runs and runs and runs. When it finally finishes, all of the messages are still there. So I select Remove Messages (what is the difference between removing, and deleting messages bodies??), it runs and runs and runs, and when it finishes all of the messages are still there. If I select all of the individual messages (Ctrl-A) and delete, it runs and runs and then crashes every time. I can delete small groups of messages, but with...

Copy and paste recipients list into To field of new email message displays as ;
Hi all, I have the following network system. Outlook 2003 clients running over Citrix connecting to a GroupWise email server back end. If a user receives an internal email, opens it, and then tries to copy and paste the recipients list of that email shown in the To field into a new email message To field, the only thing that displays in the To field of the new message is ; ; ; ; The semi colons appear to represent the number of recipients that have been pasted in. Any ideas as to why this happens anyone ??? Ta Paul ...

double message receipt in Outlook
I get two copies of every message anyone sends; how do I stop that? ...

Message 0x800cc0F
Every time I check my email,after it gets through receiving,I get this message.Does anyone know what this problem means and how to fix it?Any help will be appreciated. According to this http://www.modemhelp.net/oeerrors/oe_error_0x800ccc0f.shtml, it means the connection was dropped. So the big question is, are you using Outlook Express or Microsoft Outlook? If Microsoft Outlook, we are seeing lots of reports of dropped connections for Microsoft Outlook that have broadband connections. Couple of questions... 1) Are you running Windows XP SP2? 2) Do you have any type of internet sec...

Error Message #21
Moneyplus 2007 Windows XP IE 7 This is the error message I get when I open money. "Money has detected that you did not close the file 'MSMONEY' before exiting." "Money now needs to verify the information in the file." It then asks me if I want to do this now, I click yes. The next message shows "The email address or password is incorrect please try again." This is a windows live ID that works on MSN. It seems my file is locked. I tried opening on a different computer, the same messages. I tried my back-up files, the same messages. I used the file Dec...

Error Message in Outlook #8
Hi I have a user that is experiencing issues with his outlook. on opening his outlook he gets: 'The data file Personal Folders' was not closed properly' the file is being checked for problems' It takes approx 10- 15 mins to do the check every day He does check that outlook has closed down properly every evening (task manager) and it does he is using Windows 2000 SP4 With Office XP Small Business any idea's ? thanks Ria What anti-virus software are you using? What version of Outlook are you using? Does he have any add-ins installed in Outlook? -- -Ben- Ben M. S...

Proper Message Delivery config for Sender ID
The docs for this are less than clear, so I wanted to ask here: What really needs to be in the new Perimeter IP List and Internal IP Range Configuration for Sender ID to work? I have a very simple configuration: One ISA 2004 Server on the outside with the basic SMTP Filter configured. It points to the internal IP of the exchange server. One Exchange 2003 SP2 Server that handles everything An external backup mail queue with two MX addresses in lower priority to the exchange host. After adding the IP addresses for the three MX records (the external IP of the exchange server on the ISA se...

Getting tons of topology discovery errors.
This server is a new one with mailboxes migrated from exchange 5.5 -- it runs fine but encounters errors (somehow loses contact with the PDC) "Process IISIPMED1BBF5E-ED6A-4E8B-89F2-14AE04CFD1CC - AP ""EXCHANGEAPPLICATIONPOOL (PID=1968). Topology Discovery failed, error 0xffffffff. Windows cannot determine the user or computer name. (The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted. ). Group Policy processing aborted. "Process MAD.EXE (PID=272). All Domain Controller Servers in use are not responding: PDC.xxx.com.sg bdc.xxx.com.sg "Pr...

message not appearing
I don't know where to post this so I thought I'd start here. I posted 2 messaged in the microsoft.public.sqlserver.integrationsvcs newsgroup last Monday - neither have appeared. I reposted today and it still hasn't shown up. The last message in that newsgroup is from 3/10/2010 - 5 days ago. This doesn't seem possible. Can one of you MVP's please have someone investigate? Thanks, Andre I posted a test to microsoft.public.sqlserver.integrationsvcs and it shows up just fine. Somehow, you're getting blocked by the spam, offensive language filter....

Frozen Message
We have a mesage that is frozen in our outbox and clogging our outlook. When we try to delete it we get an error message that the file cant be opened because it is already MAPI spooled. What do we do? If on a LAN line, configure Outlook to a manual connection, disconnect the network cable, restart the computer. Open Outlook, delete the message, reconfigure Outlook to LAN connection, exit Outlook, plug the network cable back in and restart the computer. If on a dial-up configure Outlook to a manual connection, close and reopen Outlook, delete the message, reconfigure Outlook back to send/...

The Command Is Not Available Error Message When You Try to Start the Out of Of
We're experiencing when a client comes back from leave and wants to turn off the Out of Office message from Outlook 2003 with Windows XP or 2000, it actually does not prompt them the "Out of office" message box. This is the error message displayed: "The Command Is Not Available Error Message When You Try to Start the Out of Office Assistant" I've already tried going into the registry and fixed it once before, but with Windows XP it is not a solution. Has anyone come across this. Thanks. ...

Brightmail message, but I don't have Brightmail or Symantec's AntiVirus
Hi Everybody, I have a problem with Brightmail message, One of the user in our network using Office Outlook 2003 to send E-Mail, sometimes when he include files (Mostly PowerPoint document) his sent E-mail body has a message of Brightmail, like: This message has been processed by Brightmail(r) Anti-Virus using Symantec's AntiVirus Technology. PowerPoint Document was ..... ...............................................(A few more line) I checked his computer I can not find Symantec AntiVirus or Brightmail or something close .... I just want to find it to change it's configuration...

Message vocal dans Excel (dans un bouton de commande) ne s'ouvrant pas chez un correspondant
Bonjour, J'ai essay� sans succ�s d'envoyer un message vocal (apr�s avoir coch� dans Outils/R�f�rences de VBA Microsoft Speech ..., et �crit les donn�es ad�quates dans un bouton VBA sur une feuille Excel). Le message vocal, envoy� en fichier-joint Excel, fonctionne bien sur mon ordinateur, mais pas sur celui de mon correspondant. Que dois-je faire ou que doit-il faire ? D'avance merci, Jean-michel ...

Outlook 2003 on Tablet outside the domain
Good morning, All! I have a simple question. Here are the domain environment details: Windows 2000 Server SP4 on which Exchange Server 2003 SP2 is installed (I inherited this environment!). Windows 2000 Pro SP4/Windows XP Pro SP2 on which Outlook 2003 SP2 is installed. User in question has a Tablet PC running Windows XP Pro SP2 that he will take quite often outside the network. This environment has a third party company hosting their e-mail (yes, I know....why do they have both this and Exchange?) as well as their internal Exchange Server (the company that we bought set this up in j...

Post data to a web page and get results
Hi, I'm trying to create an Excel spreadsheet. This should have a button and when this button is clicked, it should take the data in some of the cells and post them to a web page (using the HTTP POST method rather than GET). This web page does some processing on the server and returns some HTML. I'd like to get this and put it into a string, so I can parse this and update other cells in my worksheet. Is this possible in Excel 2002? Thanks, Richard ...