Message not getting to domains

I have several domains that mail will not accept properly.  Is there a record
type that I can input into the DNS server to allow a "known recipient?"

Example - @notgettingmail.com - message comes back as not deliverable or
delayed.  Surely there is a record or pointer that will allow this.  The
dilema stems from a bad internal (routable) nat addressing scheme.  Whoever
setup the network here, setup a 128.2. internal...YIKES - HELP

--
William Burn
Director of IT

What is the error # in the NDR?

Tom
----------
"William Burn" <WilliamBurn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have several domains that mail will not accept properly.  Is there a
record
> type that I can input into the DNS server to allow a "known recipient?"
>
> Example - @notgettingmail.com - message comes back as not deliverable or
> delayed.  Surely there is a record or pointer that will allow this.  The
> dilema stems from a bad internal (routable) nat addressing scheme.
Whoever
> setup the network here, setup a 128.2. internal...YIKES - HELP
>

> --
> William Burn
> Director of IT

0
nospam183 (19)
11/19/2004 5:49:02 PM
Delivery to the following recipients has been delayed.
 (BUT the message never gets there)

also

            Could not deliver the message in the time limit specified.
Please retry or contact your administrator.
            <exchange_2000.TANDF.LOCAL #4.4.7>

"Tom Edwards" wrote:

> What is the error # in the NDR?
>
> Tom
> ----------
> "William Burn" <WilliamBurn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I have several domains that mail will not accept properly.  Is there a
> record
> > type that I can input into the DNS server to allow a "known recipient?"
> >
> > Example - @notgettingmail.com - message comes back as not deliverable or
> > delayed.  Surely there is a record or pointer that will allow this.  The
> > dilema stems from a bad internal (routable) nat addressing scheme.
> Whoever
> > setup the network here, setup a 128.2. internal...YIKES - HELP
> >

> > --
> > William Burn
> > Director of IT

looks like possibly the server at rcagroup.com is having a problem...this
notification is typically sent to the originator of the message when the
recipient's server cannot be contacted, after a certain amount of time.  If
the message eventually fails (typically a 3-day period), you will get an
NDR...

> Delivery to the following recipients has been delayed.
>  (BUT the message never gets there)
>
> also

0
susan7353 (1225)
11/19/2004 6:32:58 PM
or, as you mentioned, it could be that rcagroup.com is on the IP range that
you are using internally and thus making them impossible to contact. If that
is the case (using a non-private IP subnet that you aren't the owner and
then NAT-ing it), your only solution will be to change your internal subnet
to, preferrably, a private subnet. If not, then you should see if you can
telnet on port 25 to rcagroup.com's mail server at all. If not they may be
having the problems as Susan mentioned.
As far as the DNS entry for "known recipient", all you can do on you end is
make sure your mail server has a reverse DNS entry plus if you want to be
thorough, you can add an SPF record (see www.pobox.com) although I would be
surprised if anyone is ignoring mail servers because of this. Other than
that, you could check to see if you have been blacklisted (go to
senderbase.org and put the IP of your mail server in and see what turns up).

"Susan" <susan@nospam.com> wrote in message
> looks like possibly the server at rcagroup.com is having a problem...this
> notification is typically sent to the originator of the message when the
> recipient's server cannot be contacted, after a certain amount of time.
If
> the message eventually fails (typically a 3-day period), you will get an
> NDR...
>
> "William Burn" <WilliamBurn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Delivery to the following recipients has been delayed.
> >  (BUT the message never gets there)
> >
> > also
> >
> > Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

0
scarr (41)
11/19/2004 7:05:46 PM
SO nothing in the DNS to add a trusted site?  I have their ip for the mail
server, something like port forward or ...  I am not an exchange guru, and I
also appreciate your timely responses.

BB

"Steve Carr" wrote:

> or, as you mentioned, it could be that rcagroup.com is on the IP range that
> you are using internally and thus making them impossible to contact. If that
> is the case (using a non-private IP subnet that you aren't the owner and
> then NAT-ing it), your only solution will be to change your internal subnet
> to, preferrably, a private subnet. If not, then you should see if you can
> telnet on port 25 to rcagroup.com's mail server at all. If not they may be
> having the problems as Susan mentioned.
> As far as the DNS entry for "known recipient", all you can do on you end is
> make sure your mail server has a reverse DNS entry plus if you want to be
> thorough, you can add an SPF record (see www.pobox.com) although I would be
> surprised if anyone is ignoring mail servers because of this. Other than
> that, you could check to see if you have been blacklisted (go to
> senderbase.org and put the IP of your mail server in and see what turns up).
>
> "Susan" <susan@nospam.com> wrote in message
> > looks like possibly the server at rcagroup.com is having a problem...this
> > notification is typically sent to the originator of the message when the
> > recipient's server cannot be contacted, after a certain amount of time.
> If
> > the message eventually fails (typically a 3-day period), you will get an
> > NDR...
> >
> > "William Burn" <WilliamBurn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Delivery to the following recipients has been delayed.
> > >  (BUT the message never gets there)
> > >
> > > also
> > >
> > > Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

nope, any "trusting" they do or your domain has to be done by them not you.
So, if you have set up everything correctly, your best bet might be to try
to contact one of the domains to see if they know why things are failing.
BTW, did you try telnetting to their mailserver on port 25 to see if you got
a response (this would at least prove connectivity). Finally, there is a
nice site for checking your DNS entries for your domain and for your mail at
www.dnsstuff.com. You can run an email test from there plus if you click on
the dnsreport.com link at top left, you can have it verify your domain and
mail settings. Check it out

> SO nothing in the DNS to add a trusted site?  I have their ip for the mail
> server, something like port forward or ...  I am not an exchange guru, and
> also appreciate your timely responses.
>
> BB
>
> "Steve Carr" wrote:
>
> > or, as you mentioned, it could be that rcagroup.com is on the IP range
that
> > you are using internally and thus making them impossible to contact. If
that
> > is the case (using a non-private IP subnet that you aren't the owner and
> > then NAT-ing it), your only solution will be to change your internal
subnet
> > to, preferrably, a private subnet. If not, then you should see if you
can
> > telnet on port 25 to rcagroup.com's mail server at all. If not they may
be
> > having the problems as Susan mentioned.
> > As far as the DNS entry for "known recipient", all you can do on you end
is
> > make sure your mail server has a reverse DNS entry plus if you want to
be
> > thorough, you can add an SPF record (see www.pobox.com) although I would
be
> > surprised if anyone is ignoring mail servers because of this. Other than
> > that, you could check to see if you have been blacklisted (go to
> > senderbase.org and put the IP of your mail server in and see what turns
up).

> > "Susan" <susan@nospam.com> wrote in message
> > > looks like possibly the server at rcagroup.com is having a
problem...this
> > > notification is typically sent to the originator of the message when
the
> > > recipient's server cannot be contacted, after a certain amount of
time.
> > If
> > > the message eventually fails (typically a 3-day period), you will get
an
> > > NDR...
> > >
> > > "William Burn" <WilliamBurn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message

0
scarr (41)
11/19/2004 7:34:42 PM
I have also seen problems like this on DSL around here because the ISP uses
a weird MTU setting that you must do a registry hack to make mail servers
work properly, might be worth checking out.

"William Burn" <WilliamBurn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> SO nothing in the DNS to add a trusted site?  I have their ip for the mail
> server, something like port forward or ...  I am not an exchange guru, and
> also appreciate your timely responses.
>
> BB
>
> "Steve Carr" wrote:
>
>> or, as you mentioned, it could be that rcagroup.com is on the IP range
>> that
>> you are using internally and thus making them impossible to contact. If
>> that
>> is the case (using a non-private IP subnet that you aren't the owner and
>> then NAT-ing it), your only solution will be to change your internal
>> subnet
>> to, preferrably, a private subnet. If not, then you should see if you can
>> telnet on port 25 to rcagroup.com's mail server at all. If not they may
>> be
>> having the problems as Susan mentioned.
>> As far as the DNS entry for "known recipient", all you can do on you end
>> is
>> make sure your mail server has a reverse DNS entry plus if you want to be
>> thorough, you can add an SPF record (see www.pobox.com) although I would
>> be
>> surprised if anyone is ignoring mail servers because of this. Other than
>> that, you could check to see if you have been blacklisted (go to
>> senderbase.org and put the IP of your mail server in and see what turns
>> up).
>>
>> "Susan" <susan@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> > looks like possibly the server at rcagroup.com is having a
>> > problem...this
>> > notification is typically sent to the originator of the message when
>> > the
>> > recipient's server cannot be contacted, after a certain amount of time.
>> If
>> > the message eventually fails (typically a 3-day period), you will get
>> > an
>> > NDR...
>> >
>> > "William Burn" <WilliamBurn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
me9310 (4)

e-mail messages, from outlook, to cd, how to
hello there, i have a few thousant e-mail messages in outlook maps. i want to save them, i would like to burn them on a cd. i would like to move them just by one klik of my mouse i can rename them one by one, and then put them in a new map on C disk, an than burn them on a cd, but i want to do them all by just one mouse klick. please can you help me. What are Outlook Maps?? All of your mail is contained in a file with a .pst extension. You can export your folders that you want saved to a .pst file and then burn that to CD (you will need to copy it back to your hard drive and remove the r...

How do you make Inbox messages stay bold until opened?
While in the Inbox, new messages are bold. Just by "passing" by them, the bolding is removed and it appears the messages have been read. How do you make the message remain bold until the message is actually opened? Tools, options, other, Reading pane button - uncheck Mark as read when selection changes. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlo...

Getting a Runtime error
When importing a csv file into in Inventory wizard 140 Change Item Ordering Info. I am getting Run-time Error"-2147217900(80040e14)': Incrrect syntax near 'WHE" When I click on OK it closes the Store Operations Manager Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this hi sherie, tell me the format of your file , what fields you are using. "Sherie" wrote: > When importing a csv file into in Inventory wizard 140 Change Item Ordering > Info. I am getting Run-time Error"-2147217900(80040e14)': Incrrect syntax > near 'WHE" > When I...

No message rules?
I just switched from Outlook express (which I really like) to Windows live mail. It did a very good job of finding my old contacts and messages, but I don't see my rules. I used to route incoming messages to specific folders based on sender or message title. I can't find the corresponding feature in Windows live mail. Am I just not looking in the right places or does Live mail just not offer the equivalent feature?? ED On the Menu Bar: Tools | Message Rules. Don't see the Menu Bar? The Alt button will temporally enable the Menu Bar, or click on the Menus ...

Reject messages with custom message?
A policy has dictated an account of a former employee respond to all incoming email messages with a custom note and not allow the messages to accumulate in the mailbox. In fact, for admin purposes it would be great if there was no longer a AD account and mailbox. Thank you, -Bob I suggest that you request a few thousand dollars to hire a programmer to write you a custom event sink so that you can comply with the policy. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "just bob" <kilbyfan-aol@net.com> wrote in message news:%23...

Outlook can't get mail
I have Outlook 2000 and XP Home Edition. I can open Outlook and it will stay open -- until it tries to receive email. Then I get an error message that says it has encountered an problem and must close down, we're sorry for the inconvenience. I can reopen it and no problem -- until the email starts to come in again and then it closes with the same error message. My ISP is Charter and the email is a POP3 server. Any suggestions? Run scanpst.exe against your pst-file and try again. If this fails to solve the issue locale outcmd.dat and rename if to .old -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outl...

block messages
Hi all, can I block on Exch5.5 some inbound messages coming through X400 Connector. I have created Contact with internet email address (non AD user) I have tried Delivery restriction Tab to reject messages from specific mailbox (that Contact) in the internet, but it doesn't work. Is any solution, how to filter abc@abc.com on exch5.5 sp3 Thanks Marek On Wed, 22 Mar 2006 11:34:08 +0100, "Marek" <neco@necoteckaenco.com> wrote: >Hi all, >can I block on Exch5.5 some inbound messages coming through X400 Connector. >I have created Contact with internet email addr...

Outlook message rules for sent message from me.
Greetings, There has always been a message rule I wanted, and never asked about. So now I will. I default a copy of all my send messages to the sent folder. They are marked at read... which is good, because if I send the message, I obviously read it. <grin> At times, I wish I could send the message to other folders. Example. I have a folder called "family". If I send a message to "family", I'd like to be able to put a copy in the "family" folder. I know you could do this, but the message is not marked as read. Thus, the folder is bolded/...

Outlook 2003 Error Message #8
When sending messages to my internal MS Exchange recipients I get this error message. "You do not have permission to send to this recipient." Any help or work around for this. I searched the MS Knowledge Base and could get this exact error to come up. Thanks. ...

Message removal
I'm attempting to remove 3 messages that keep appearing in my Sync Issues / Server Failures folder. I delete them, and the next day they are back again. I've tried extracting them with the ExMerge utility, run in Archive mode to delete them from the store. It fails, and in the ExMerge.log file it says: [11:54:12] Error copying messages from folder '\Sync Issues\Server Failures' (MAPI_W_PARTIAL_COMPLETION) Any ideas how I can extract these messages? I would try disabling any AV on the machine you are running Exmerge on and see if that works. On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 09:42:...

How to get the ID of a dialog?
Hello all: I create a single document and insert resouce,and then select Dialog,I find this dialog's resource ID is IDD_DIALOG1,I want to know how to get this dialog's ID?thanks. CWnd::GetDlgCtrlID() ----- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com Lee Tow wrote: > Hello all: > I create a single document and insert resouce,and then select > Dialog,I find this dialog's resource ID is IDD_DIALOG1,I want > to know how to get this dialog's ID?thanks. > > GetWindowLong(hwnd, GWL_ID); -- Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP] > I create a single document and i...

Excel 2003 get text after wraptext problem
Hi all I have a problem that is, to get the texts row by row and count the text line in one cell that wrapped in Excel 2003. After google search, in the previous excel, I can find and count "char(10)" to determine the line break in text string, but in Excel 2003, no any char(10) exists, even char(13) after wrapped (unless I type ALT-ENTER manually). Can anyone tell me how to do it? Thanks for help I don't know of any good way to count lines in a cell if the text wraps because of columnwidth. But you could use something like this to count the number of alt...

Exchange 2003, lost messages and tracking
AD 2000 domain, single forest, single domain, single exchange site Exchange 2003 Windows 2003 Ent I have a strange problem going on here. I’ve been receiving complaints periodically about users not receiving message with xls attachments. I sent the user and myself 3 messages from a test yahoo account with sequential subjects (1,2,3…) and a .xls attachment. I received all 3 messages and attachments to my account. The user in question only received the 2nd and 3rd message with attachments. The message tracking center shows all 3 messages being delivered with the final entry being “S...

number of messages in inbox
how to find the number of messages currently in my inbox? If you have the status bar enabled from the View menu and then highlight the folder the number of items is displayed in the status bar <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08ad01c3d513$e0e22dc0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > how to find the number of messages currently in my inbox? ...

OLE Server Error Message
Access 2002. I am running a database compiled with Access 2003 on a system that is using Access XP (2002). When I exit the database I get an "information" dialog that says: A problem occurred while Microsoft Access was communicating with the OLE server. Try one or more of the following: *Make sure you're connected to the network server where the OLE server application is located. *Close the OLE server and restart it outside of Microsoft Access. Then try the original operation again from within Microsoft Access. *Reinstall the OLE server to ensure that it's register...

NDR Message 5.7.1
I have a problem with message beging recieved through our exchange server. This recently started. One of our other admins did some tweaking before he went out of town and we are having a hard time finding out what was done and yes we have tried to contact him. Mail sent from exchange users come in fine but when sent from external addresses (the ones we have tested) do not come in and get a ndr message. I don't know how long this has been happening exactly but it has been a week since the other admin left. Used both DNSreports / DNSstuff and oddly both have the MX and DNS succes...

Message Tracking with Message ID
I work on the Defense Message System. We get error reports for messages with a message ID on them. The problem is how does one find the message that goes with the ID in a "FIND" of the Sent Items on the senders computer? I have not found a way that is user friendly to do this search on the users computer. Very Respectfully, ET3 Hettinger USN ...

Divert all email from/to a given domain?
Is here a way with exchange 2003 to divert all messages sent and received from a certain domain (anybody@competitor.com) to a given internal mailbox? Such as boss@ourcompany.com Thanks Carl A -- Stack manipulation: The use of inflatable falsies. -Datamazing, 4/1/78 In news:45ABB475.8050002@nowhere.com, Ciaraga <Cia@nowhere.com> typed: > Is here a way with exchange 2003 to divert all messages sent and > received from a certain domain (anybody@competitor.com) to a given > internal mailbox? Such as boss@ourcompany.com > > Thanks > > Carl A The only thing b...

Error message Importing INV File
I am using Money 2005 Samll Business and when I try to import a custom invoice I receive the following error message. Money cannot import an INV file that was created before July, 2002. Please try importing a more recent version of the file. I just created my file tonight and the properties say it was created 11/19/04 so there should be no problem with the date. I am set up for US regional settings. Has anyone ran into this and figured a way around it? Thanks, ...

Windows cannot obtain the domain controller name for your computer network. (The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted. ). Group Policy processing aborted.
Hi This problem has been driving me nuts for two days now. I'm receiving the following error in the event log when a user tried to login. Event Type: Error Event Source: Userenv Event Category: None Event ID: 1054 Date: 10/01/2010 Time: 18:37:28 User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: PC6 Description: Windows cannot obtain the domain controller name for your computer network. (The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted. ). Group Policy processing aborted. For more information, see Help and Suppor...

How do Datasets manage to get deserialized as DataSets instead of a wsdl.exe-created proxy class?
Hi! I have developed both a Web Service and a client application, and they work fine. All classes used in the Web Service interface are declared in an assembly named Entities, that is referenced both in the Web Service and the client application. The problem is that the automatically-generated Web Service proxy class creates new classes instead of referencing the original classes. This way, if I add a method to any of the classes in the Entities assembly, that functionality isn't available in the client application, because the proxy-generated classes are static snapshots of the server...

Copy Local Message Rule
I've created a complicated message rule for filtering that I would like to put on other client machines. Can I copy it? Is this possible? WIn2k server/ Exchange 2k w/all current SPs. STEVE ...

Suddenly no pictures in HTML messages
Running XP pro SP3, Outlook 2002. About Wed. or Thurs, any html messages received do not include pictures. Did Microsoft send out an update that might have interfered? Or did I do something I'm not aware of? Thank you, Roberta Roberta, you wrote on Sat, 4 Apr 2009 06:52:06 -0700: > About Wed. or Thurs, any html messages received do not include > pictures. Did Microsoft send out an update that might have > interfered? Or did I do something I'm not aware of? There is no such an update. Verify if the Internet Explorer is in offline mode (go to the file menu in IE)...

cannot move messages
Sometimes when I attempt to move a message from the inbox to a storage folder I receive the following error message - "An unknown error has occured. The selected message(s) could not be moved." Why am I receiving this message and how can this problem be corrected? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks What kind of mail account is it? POP3, IMAP or HTTP? Both IMAP and HTTP accounts synchronize with the mail server, so moving a message from the mail account to the storage folder requires that WLM tell the mail server to delete the message from the server ma...

How to get to last column in a worksheet in XP
I just want to jump to the last occupied column in a row in a worksheet. It used to be that you hit "end-enter" to go to the last column, but that doesn't seem to work anymore. You can hit "home" and go to the FIRST column in the row, but how the heck do you get to the LAST column in a row? I tried to set up a "Go To" kind of bookmark but that didn't work well. Is the only way to get to the last column to tab-tab-tab-tab-tab over? It didn't used to be that way! You must remember incorrectly, ctrl + end and ctrl + home, if that doesn't ...