message date/time altered when copying from public folder

I have noticed that if we copy mail messages from public folders to users
own mailboxes, the time is off by a few minutes to a few hours. If a message
arrives late at night, the copied mail may even have the next day's date.

We have mail-enabled public folders, and users copy mail to their inboxes
from there, but this date/time change is bothering. Do the headers contain
different time stamps, and does Outlook read them differently to the Public
folders?

Any ideas?

Jo

0
gsc (33)

On Sun, 1 Oct 2006 15:31:18 +0900, "Jo" <gsc@gol.com> wrote:

>I have noticed that if we copy mail messages from public folders to users
>own mailboxes, the time is off by a few minutes to a few hours. If a message
>arrives late at night, the copied mail may even have the next day's date.
>
>We have mail-enabled public folders, and users copy mail to their inboxes
>from there, but this date/time change is bothering. Do the headers contain
>different time stamps, and does Outlook read them differently to the Public
>folders?
>
>Any ideas?
>
>Jo

It's doing exactly what it should. The Posting to PF date is the key.
You might have received it way back when but the PF didn't get its
hands on it until you sent it there.

What about mail enabling the items and getting the items sent their
direct? Or do you need to process them in the inbox first?
0
mark7219 (5666)
10/1/2006 8:29:39 AM
Actually what happens is that incoming mail goes to the users inbox, and a
copy is forwarded automatically by Exchange to a mail enabled Public Folder
(so that even if that person is away or whatever, someone will check that
folder everyday and maybe reply to the sender).

In the particular case I am trying, the user deleted some very old mails
from his own inbox, and to me a quick recovery would be just to copy mail
from the Public Folder.....but the time is slightly off when I copy. Even if
the mail is a few years old, it is only off by a few hours when copied. It
does not mean it takes on the time when the mail was moved, otherwise all
the copied mails would have the same time, and that is no good.

So mail in the Public Folder may have a date/time like:
12/14/2004 10:05am
, but when copied to the users inbox everything is OK, but the same mail
might show:

12/14/2004 10:57am

Jo

> On Sun, 1 Oct 2006 15:31:18 +0900, "Jo" <gsc@gol.com> wrote:
>
> >I have noticed that if we copy mail messages from public folders to users
> >own mailboxes, the time is off by a few minutes to a few hours. If a
message
> >arrives late at night, the copied mail may even have the next day's date.
> >
> >We have mail-enabled public folders, and users copy mail to their inboxes
> >from there, but this date/time change is bothering. Do the headers
contain
> >different time stamps, and does Outlook read them differently to the
Public
> >folders?
> >
> >Any ideas?
> >
> >Jo
> >
> It's doing exactly what it should. The Posting to PF date is the key.
> You might have received it way back when but the PF didn't get its
> hands on it until you sent it there.
>
> What about mail enabling the items and getting the items sent their
> direct? Or do you need to process them in the inbox first?

0
gsc (33)
10/1/2006 2:35:56 PM
In that case I shall shrug my shoulders at the time being only
slightly out after a rapid move.
Odd
0
mark7219 (5666)

e-mail messages, from outlook, to cd, how to
hello there, i have a few thousant e-mail messages in outlook maps. i want to save them, i would like to burn them on a cd. i would like to move them just by one klik of my mouse i can rename them one by one, and then put them in a new map on C disk, an than burn them on a cd, but i want to do them all by just one mouse klick. please can you help me. What are Outlook Maps?? All of your mail is contained in a file with a .pst extension. You can export your folders that you want saved to a .pst file and then burn that to CD (you will need to copy it back to your hard drive and remove the r...

Is there a way to delete multiple lines at the same time beside u.
Please let me know if there is other ways to delete multiple lines at the same time without using the Ctl key. Thank you. Hi Cherry are the lines adjacent to one another? if so just drag down the row numbers and then right mouse click & choose delete .. .if they're not adjacent and you don't want to use the Ctrl key to select them, how are you going to identify which rows you want to delete? -- Cheers JulieD check out www.hcts.net.au/tipsandtricks.htm ....well i'm working on it anyway "cherry" <cherry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4BD...

How do you make Inbox messages stay bold until opened?
While in the Inbox, new messages are bold. Just by "passing" by them, the bolding is removed and it appears the messages have been read. How do you make the message remain bold until the message is actually opened? Tools, options, other, Reading pane button - uncheck Mark as read when selection changes. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlo...

How do I obtain number of days in the month of a given date
-- Robert =EOMONTH(A1,0)-EOMONTH(A1,-1) where the date is entered in cell A -- Alex Delamai ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Alex Delamain's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1127 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26913 On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 00:17:02 -0700, Robert <bobbell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: With the given date in A1: If you have the analysis tool pak installed, you can use: =DAY(EOMONTH(A1,0)) If you do NOT have the ATP installed, then you can use: ...

copying CMapStringToString
Hello, Can you please advice how to make a copy of a CMapStringToString? a quick test CMapStringToString test_1; CMapStringToString test_2; test_1 = test_2; gives error C2582: 'CMapStringToString' : 'operator =' function is unavailable Thanks Vaclav Vaclav wrote: > Hello, > > Can you please advice how to make a copy of a CMapStringToString? > > a quick test > > CMapStringToString test_1; > CMapStringToString test_2; > test_1 = test_2; > > gives > error C2582: 'CMapStringToString' : 'operator =' functi...

No message rules?
I just switched from Outlook express (which I really like) to Windows live mail. It did a very good job of finding my old contacts and messages, but I don't see my rules. I used to route incoming messages to specific folders based on sender or message title. I can't find the corresponding feature in Windows live mail. Am I just not looking in the right places or does Live mail just not offer the equivalent feature?? ED On the Menu Bar: Tools | Message Rules. Don't see the Menu Bar? The Alt button will temporally enable the Menu Bar, or click on the Menus ...

Reject messages with custom message?
A policy has dictated an account of a former employee respond to all incoming email messages with a custom note and not allow the messages to accumulate in the mailbox. In fact, for admin purposes it would be great if there was no longer a AD account and mailbox. Thank you, -Bob I suggest that you request a few thousand dollars to hire a programmer to write you a custom event sink so that you can comply with the policy. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "just bob" <kilbyfan-aol@net.com> wrote in message news:%23...

month-date #2
Hi all, I have '23-Dec' format in a coloumn. How can I sort Month first and then first date first? Thanking you in advance. Regards, Kirandeep Surely the sort will get it in m onth order anyway? -- HTH ------- Bob Phillips "Kirandeep Singh" <kiran_excel@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:e$zFD6NdEHA.3616@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi all, > > I have '23-Dec' format in a coloumn. How can I sort Month first and then > first date first? > > Thanking you in advance. > > Regards, > > Kirandeep > > Hi are these...

block messages
Hi all, can I block on Exch5.5 some inbound messages coming through X400 Connector. I have created Contact with internet email address (non AD user) I have tried Delivery restriction Tab to reject messages from specific mailbox (that Contact) in the internet, but it doesn't work. Is any solution, how to filter abc@abc.com on exch5.5 sp3 Thanks Marek On Wed, 22 Mar 2006 11:34:08 +0100, "Marek" <neco@necoteckaenco.com> wrote: >Hi all, >can I block on Exch5.5 some inbound messages coming through X400 Connector. >I have created Contact with internet email addr...

Outlook message rules for sent message from me.
Greetings, There has always been a message rule I wanted, and never asked about. So now I will. I default a copy of all my send messages to the sent folder. They are marked at read... which is good, because if I send the message, I obviously read it. <grin> At times, I wish I could send the message to other folders. Example. I have a folder called "family". If I send a message to "family", I'd like to be able to put a copy in the "family" folder. I know you could do this, but the message is not marked as read. Thus, the folder is bolded/...

Exchange 2003, lost messages and tracking
AD 2000 domain, single forest, single domain, single exchange site Exchange 2003 Windows 2003 Ent I have a strange problem going on here. I’ve been receiving complaints periodically about users not receiving message with xls attachments. I sent the user and myself 3 messages from a test yahoo account with sequential subjects (1,2,3…) and a .xls attachment. I received all 3 messages and attachments to my account. The user in question only received the 2nd and 3rd message with attachments. The message tracking center shows all 3 messages being delivered with the final entry being “S...

Run-time error '429' ActiveX component can't create object
Tried running the Payroll Update Engine and I am getting this error message. I have tried reinstalling it and still no luck. I have been able to run this update in the past, but not sure what has changed to cause this. Any ideas? ------=_NextPart_0001_5DCA272E Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit A 'new' PUE.exe file was temporarily posted on the tax update web site, but it was found to cause these Active X errors. About 10 days ago, the former (original) version of the PUE.exe was put back out on the web site. If you install the PUE.exe from the tax u...

Copy sheet & page settings
Is it possible to copy a sheets data and the page settings in one step? Hi why not copy the complete sheet (right-click on the sheet name and choose 'move/copy') >-----Original Message----- >Is it possible to copy a sheets data and the page >settings in one step? >. > ...

Outlook 2003 Error Message #8
When sending messages to my internal MS Exchange recipients I get this error message. "You do not have permission to send to this recipient." Any help or work around for this. I searched the MS Knowledge Base and could get this exact error to come up. Thanks. ...

Message removal
I'm attempting to remove 3 messages that keep appearing in my Sync Issues / Server Failures folder. I delete them, and the next day they are back again. I've tried extracting them with the ExMerge utility, run in Archive mode to delete them from the store. It fails, and in the ExMerge.log file it says: [11:54:12] Error copying messages from folder '\Sync Issues\Server Failures' (MAPI_W_PARTIAL_COMPLETION) Any ideas how I can extract these messages? I would try disabling any AV on the machine you are running Exmerge on and see if that works. On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 09:42:...

number of messages in inbox
how to find the number of messages currently in my inbox? If you have the status bar enabled from the View menu and then highlight the folder the number of items is displayed in the status bar <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08ad01c3d513$e0e22dc0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > how to find the number of messages currently in my inbox? ...

Calculatimg Time
I have a cell that has calculated the number of hour from setting off to arrival ie 3hrs. What I want is to have a column that says if the travel time is more than 3hrs I want the letter "Y" to appear. Any ideas how I can do that? =IF(HOUR(B2-A2)>3,"Y","N") Where A2 holds the start time and B2 the end time -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please, for everyone's benefit keep the discussion in the newsgroup/forum) "ezeetyger" <wilson_ja2000@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:2f78e306.0408050933.26857da9@posting.google.com....

Time Display in a Stop Watch fromat
Is there a way to format a cell's time in a "stop watch" format, without the date prefix or the AM/PM. Currently (1/1/1900 12:00:00 AM) Suggested (0:00). Any help is greatly appriciated. Thanks. Use a custom format of: hh:mm:ss -- Regards, Dave "Gabe" wrote: > Is there a way to format a cell's time in a "stop watch" format, without the > date prefix or the AM/PM. Currently (1/1/1900 12:00:00 AM) Suggested (0:00). > Any help is greatly appriciated. Thanks. > I am looking to have the formula bar read 0:00 as well. So when I click ...

Windows Mail Personal Folders
Can Personal folders be added in Windows Mail? If so, can you please explain to me how to do it. Thanks, -- Deb Click on Local Folders. Then: File | New | Folder. Name it. Clock on Local Folders if you want it out in the open. Click on any folder if you want it as a subfolder of that folder. OK. Done. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Deb" <Deb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A1E0E969-C4AA-46A7-965D-37B33ADB6366@microsoft.com... > Can Personal folders be added in Windows Mail? If so, can you p...

OLE Server Error Message
Access 2002. I am running a database compiled with Access 2003 on a system that is using Access XP (2002). When I exit the database I get an "information" dialog that says: A problem occurred while Microsoft Access was communicating with the OLE server. Try one or more of the following: *Make sure you're connected to the network server where the OLE server application is located. *Close the OLE server and restart it outside of Microsoft Access. Then try the original operation again from within Microsoft Access. *Reinstall the OLE server to ensure that it's register...

copy meeting invites
Hello... I am trying to figure out how to copy a meeting and not move it. It is not recurring with any consistency due to availability. I invite a distribution list and agenda/open items created for 1PM on Monday. How do I create a followup meeting on Wednesday at 11AM without moving the Monday meeting or starting from scratch.? outlook 07... "jmac60" <jmac60@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:31A710E6-43B3-4BBC-A9F1-9F5B0D6CACDB@microsoft.com... > I am trying to figure out how to copy a meeting and not move it. It is not > recurring wi...

Copy Import/Export Specifications
Is it possible to Copy Import/Export Specifications from one table to another? -- Joseph Meehan Dia 's Muire duit In the File/Get External Data/ Import dialog, choose the database, then in the next dialog, check the options button and select the import/export specifications checkbox. "Joseph Meehan" <sligoNoSPAMjoe@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:46b22cce$0$3131$4c368faf@roadrunner.com... > Is it possible to Copy Import/Export Specifications from one table to > another? > > -- > Joseph Meehan > > Dia 's Muire duit > P...

NDR Message 5.7.1
I have a problem with message beging recieved through our exchange server. This recently started. One of our other admins did some tweaking before he went out of town and we are having a hard time finding out what was done and yes we have tried to contact him. Mail sent from exchange users come in fine but when sent from external addresses (the ones we have tested) do not come in and get a ndr message. I don't know how long this has been happening exactly but it has been a week since the other admin left. Used both DNSreports / DNSstuff and oddly both have the MX and DNS succes...

help with calculating overtime in a time sheet
Hi Guys, I'm sure the question has been asked from time to time, but this on has got me a bit stumped, and looking at other peoples questions, jus confuses me even more! so basically I just wanna be able to enter times say from 0600 am till 1953 with a .5 lunch break Basically what I want from this, is a cell for normal hours up to 10, cell for overtime hours after 10 and a total. i've managed to get a total, and overtime hours, but not normal hours! Then for the totals I want a cell that works out normal hours (which should always be 7 anyway) another cell that works out time an...

Some users can't email mail-enabled public folder
I've had a problem that recently started somehow. Environment is clustered Exchange 2003 SP2 running on Windows 2003 Enterprise SP1. Outlook 2003 SP2 clients. I have a mail enabled public folder. Internal and external users were at one point able to email the folders. Recently, some internal (including myself, enterprise admin) and external users have been unable to email just these specific folders. The users in question can still email all other public folders. Also, other users can email the public folders that are having trouble. It appears that only specific users are having t...