Message Archiving Software Needed

Hi all -

I am looking for a recommendation on Exchange 2000/2003 message archiving
software.  I would like it to archive the email as well as to have a
searchable database with reporting features.

Any suggestions?

Hi,

I use Enterprise Vault (symantec, veritas) and it is ok... Supports
journalling and archiving of mailboxes. not much reporting capabilities but
has an altavista search engine to access old emails.

I have only used this product but would rate it 7/10... Heaps of room for
improvement and now symantec has it hopefully future versions will be better.

Mathew

"Donnie" wrote:

> Hi all -
>
> I am looking for a recommendation on Exchange 2000/2003 message archiving
> software.  I would like it to archive the email as well as to have a
> searchable database with reporting features.
>
> Any suggestions?

You could try Archive One www.archiveone.com
good feature set, seemed to be customer installable
Robert

"Donnie" <Donnie4212@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi all -
>
> I am looking for a recommendation on Exchange 2000/2003 message archiving
> software.  I would like it to archive the email as well as to have a
> searchable database with reporting features.
>
> Any suggestions?

0
robertd1 (16)
8/3/2005 7:35:18 AM
Take a look at GFI Mail Archiver.
WOrks well if you have a good SQL server to archive to.
www.gfi.com

"Donnie" wrote:

> Hi all -
>
> I am looking for a recommendation on Exchange 2000/2003 message archiving
> software.  I would like it to archive the email as well as to have a
> searchable database with reporting features.
>
> Any suggestions?

0
Rob3660 (422)
8/3/2005 12:07:02 PM
Have you used it personally?  I am looking into GFI but want to know if it
will scale with the company.  Say 500+ users...

--
-Gregor

"Rob" wrote:

> Take a look at GFI Mail Archiver.
> WOrks well if you have a good SQL server to archive to.
> www.gfi.com
>
> "Donnie" wrote:
>
> > Hi all -
> >
> > I am looking for a recommendation on Exchange 2000/2003 message archiving
> > software.  I would like it to archive the email as well as to have a
> > searchable database with reporting features.
> >
> > Any suggestions?

0
Gregor (48)
8/4/2005 12:39:18 AM
Donnie,

I work for a company called zantaz, based out of Pleasanton, California. We
are a Microsoft Certified Gold Partner, and our core business is email
archiving. We lead the market in this space. We have a comprehensive solution
set that includes indexing the email and attachments so they are entirely
searchable. You can check us out at www.zantaz.com

Hope this helps,

-Ken

"Donnie" wrote:

> Hi all -
>
> I am looking for a recommendation on Exchange 2000/2003 message archiving
> software.  I would like it to archive the email as well as to have a
> searchable database with reporting features.
>
> Any suggestions?

0
KenDue (1)
9/16/2005 6:32:03 PM
Define "lead the market".  I would have thought the market leader would be
Veritas Enterprise Vault.
http://www.veritas.com/kvs/
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

"Ken Due" <KenDue@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Donnie,
>
> I work for a company called zantaz, based out of Pleasanton, California.
> We
> are a Microsoft Certified Gold Partner, and our core business is email
> archiving. We lead the market in this space. We have a comprehensive
> solution
> set that includes indexing the email and attachments so they are entirely
> searchable. You can check us out at www.zantaz.com
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> -Ken
>
> "Donnie" wrote:
>
>> Hi all -
>>
>> I am looking for a recommendation on Exchange 2000/2003 message archiving
>> software.  I would like it to archive the email as well as to have a
>> searchable database with reporting features.
>>
>> Any suggestions?

0
curspice6401 (3487)
9/16/2005 7:44:53 PM
Correction:  Symantec Enterprise Vault.
http://www.veritas.com/Products/www?refId=322&c=product
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

"Ken Due" <KenDue@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Donnie,
>
> I work for a company called zantaz, based out of Pleasanton, California.
> We
> are a Microsoft Certified Gold Partner, and our core business is email
> archiving. We lead the market in this space. We have a comprehensive
> solution
> set that includes indexing the email and attachments so they are entirely
> searchable. You can check us out at www.zantaz.com
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> -Ken
>
> "Donnie" wrote:
>
>> Hi all -
>>
>> I am looking for a recommendation on Exchange 2000/2003 message archiving
>> software.  I would like it to archive the email as well as to have a
>> searchable database with reporting features.
>>
>> Any suggestions?

0
curspice6401 (3487)

e-mail messages, from outlook, to cd, how to
hello there, i have a few thousant e-mail messages in outlook maps. i want to save them, i would like to burn them on a cd. i would like to move them just by one klik of my mouse i can rename them one by one, and then put them in a new map on C disk, an than burn them on a cd, but i want to do them all by just one mouse klick. please can you help me. What are Outlook Maps?? All of your mail is contained in a file with a .pst extension. You can export your folders that you want saved to a .pst file and then burn that to CD (you will need to copy it back to your hard drive and remove the r...

How do you make Inbox messages stay bold until opened?
While in the Inbox, new messages are bold. Just by "passing" by them, the bolding is removed and it appears the messages have been read. How do you make the message remain bold until the message is actually opened? Tools, options, other, Reading pane button - uncheck Mark as read when selection changes. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlo...

Web Outlook & Exchange Setup need ideas #2
I currently have Server: Windows 2000 Server, Exchange 5. Clients: Windows 2000 Pro, Outlook 200 I am planning to install Outlook Web Access. I want to upgrade Exchange Server 5.5 to 2003. People say Ex 2003 does has installation probles with Win 2000 Server. Is this true Does Outlook Web Access have to be installed on the same box that is running the Exchange Server? If it has to be, will it work if I install Exchange Server on a different box and have its information store point to the information store of my original Exchange Server. And then install Outlook Web Access on the new box I a...

Need an advice
Suppose I have a Comment class having properties and their methods like public Comment GetComment(Guid id) And public static List<Comment> GetComments() public static List<Comment> GetCommentsByAuthor(Author id) Now, What I usually do is write the database logic for each of the above methods . That said, Now I am seeing BlogEngine.NET code and He wrote in this way; He wrote the Database logic for GetComments() method and extracted from it for all remaining methods, even for GetComment(Guid id) by using something like FindAll(delegate(Comment comment) { return comm...

No message rules?
I just switched from Outlook express (which I really like) to Windows live mail. It did a very good job of finding my old contacts and messages, but I don't see my rules. I used to route incoming messages to specific folders based on sender or message title. I can't find the corresponding feature in Windows live mail. Am I just not looking in the right places or does Live mail just not offer the equivalent feature?? ED On the Menu Bar: Tools | Message Rules. Don't see the Menu Bar? The Alt button will temporally enable the Menu Bar, or click on the Menus ...

Reject messages with custom message?
A policy has dictated an account of a former employee respond to all incoming email messages with a custom note and not allow the messages to accumulate in the mailbox. In fact, for admin purposes it would be great if there was no longer a AD account and mailbox. Thank you, -Bob I suggest that you request a few thousand dollars to hire a programmer to write you a custom event sink so that you can comply with the policy. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "just bob" <kilbyfan-aol@net.com> wrote in message news:%23...

block messages
Hi all, can I block on Exch5.5 some inbound messages coming through X400 Connector. I have created Contact with internet email address (non AD user) I have tried Delivery restriction Tab to reject messages from specific mailbox (that Contact) in the internet, but it doesn't work. Is any solution, how to filter abc@abc.com on exch5.5 sp3 Thanks Marek On Wed, 22 Mar 2006 11:34:08 +0100, "Marek" <neco@necoteckaenco.com> wrote: >Hi all, >can I block on Exch5.5 some inbound messages coming through X400 Connector. >I have created Contact with internet email addr...

OL2000 Auto Archiving Problem
WinXP SP1 OL2000 installed as part of MS Office 2000 Professional, IMO settings I am having a problem with auto archiving that I hope someone here can hep with. I have auto archive configured to run once per day and as of a couple of days ago it ran flawlessly. A couple of days ago I configured a new partition on my hard drive for data only and moved the archive.pst file from its original location to its new location. Now when either I force an archive session (FILE:ARCHIVE:Archive All Folders According To Their AutoArchive Settings) or when auto archive starts automatically, I receive a...

Outlook message rules for sent message from me.
Greetings, There has always been a message rule I wanted, and never asked about. So now I will. I default a copy of all my send messages to the sent folder. They are marked at read... which is good, because if I send the message, I obviously read it. <grin> At times, I wish I could send the message to other folders. Example. I have a folder called "family". If I send a message to "family", I'd like to be able to put a copy in the "family" folder. I know you could do this, but the message is not marked as read. Thus, the folder is bolded/...

Exchange 2003, lost messages and tracking
AD 2000 domain, single forest, single domain, single exchange site Exchange 2003 Windows 2003 Ent I have a strange problem going on here. I’ve been receiving complaints periodically about users not receiving message with xls attachments. I sent the user and myself 3 messages from a test yahoo account with sequential subjects (1,2,3…) and a .xls attachment. I received all 3 messages and attachments to my account. The user in question only received the 2nd and 3rd message with attachments. The message tracking center shows all 3 messages being delivered with the final entry being “S...

Outlook 2003 Error Message #8
When sending messages to my internal MS Exchange recipients I get this error message. "You do not have permission to send to this recipient." Any help or work around for this. I searched the MS Knowledge Base and could get this exact error to come up. Thanks. ...

Message removal
I'm attempting to remove 3 messages that keep appearing in my Sync Issues / Server Failures folder. I delete them, and the next day they are back again. I've tried extracting them with the ExMerge utility, run in Archive mode to delete them from the store. It fails, and in the ExMerge.log file it says: [11:54:12] Error copying messages from folder '\Sync Issues\Server Failures' (MAPI_W_PARTIAL_COMPLETION) Any ideas how I can extract these messages? I would try disabling any AV on the machine you are running Exmerge on and see if that works. On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 09:42:...

number of messages in inbox
how to find the number of messages currently in my inbox? If you have the status bar enabled from the View menu and then highlight the folder the number of items is displayed in the status bar <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08ad01c3d513$e0e22dc0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > how to find the number of messages currently in my inbox? ...

OLE Server Error Message
Access 2002. I am running a database compiled with Access 2003 on a system that is using Access XP (2002). When I exit the database I get an "information" dialog that says: A problem occurred while Microsoft Access was communicating with the OLE server. Try one or more of the following: *Make sure you're connected to the network server where the OLE server application is located. *Close the OLE server and restart it outside of Microsoft Access. Then try the original operation again from within Microsoft Access. *Reinstall the OLE server to ensure that it's register...

NDR Message 5.7.1
I have a problem with message beging recieved through our exchange server. This recently started. One of our other admins did some tweaking before he went out of town and we are having a hard time finding out what was done and yes we have tried to contact him. Mail sent from exchange users come in fine but when sent from external addresses (the ones we have tested) do not come in and get a ndr message. I don't know how long this has been happening exactly but it has been a week since the other admin left. Used both DNSreports / DNSstuff and oddly both have the MX and DNS succes...

need a function or property to extract the hyperlink from a cell
I copy a list of hyperlinks with friendly names into a spreadsheet. However, I want to extract the underlying hyperlinks into their own cells. Is there a function or a property I can use in a macro to address the hyperlink behind the friendly name? Thx, J Nevermind, found a way. Thx "J" <jayerk@gmail.com> wrote in message news:94BA463B-BAF0-425C-A6A0-ADA55A1F1984@microsoft.com... > I copy a list of hyperlinks with friendly names into a spreadsheet. > However, I want to extract the underlying hyperlinks into their own cells. > Is there a function or a prope...

Message Tracking with Message ID
I work on the Defense Message System. We get error reports for messages with a message ID on them. The problem is how does one find the message that goes with the ID in a "FIND" of the Sent Items on the senders computer? I have not found a way that is user friendly to do this search on the users computer. Very Respectfully, ET3 Hettinger USN ...

Error message Importing INV File
I am using Money 2005 Samll Business and when I try to import a custom invoice I receive the following error message. Money cannot import an INV file that was created before July, 2002. Please try importing a more recent version of the file. I just created my file tonight and the properties say it was created 11/19/04 so there should be no problem with the date. I am set up for US regional settings. Has anyone ran into this and figured a way around it? Thanks, ...

Copy Local Message Rule
I've created a complicated message rule for filtering that I would like to put on other client machines. Can I copy it? Is this possible? WIn2k server/ Exchange 2k w/all current SPs. STEVE ...

Suddenly no pictures in HTML messages
Running XP pro SP3, Outlook 2002. About Wed. or Thurs, any html messages received do not include pictures. Did Microsoft send out an update that might have interfered? Or did I do something I'm not aware of? Thank you, Roberta Roberta, you wrote on Sat, 4 Apr 2009 06:52:06 -0700: > About Wed. or Thurs, any html messages received do not include > pictures. Did Microsoft send out an update that might have > interfered? Or did I do something I'm not aware of? There is no such an update. Verify if the Internet Explorer is in offline mode (go to the file menu in IE)...

cannot move messages
Sometimes when I attempt to move a message from the inbox to a storage folder I receive the following error message - "An unknown error has occured. The selected message(s) could not be moved." Why am I receiving this message and how can this problem be corrected? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks What kind of mail account is it? POP3, IMAP or HTTP? Both IMAP and HTTP accounts synchronize with the mail server, so moving a message from the mail account to the storage folder requires that WLM tell the mail server to delete the message from the server ma...

Microsoft Excel has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

emailing as message
Using Publisher 2003. Whenever I send a newsletter as m essage., The document comes out a little smaller to the person that is ecieving the message. However, whenever i save the document as aa jpeg file and hen send is a opicture it comes the exact size which is 8.5 * 11. What can I do to make it not whrink i want to send as a message and not as a JPEG If the recipient doesn't have Publisher, then you could try sending it as a ..pdf attachment. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "Carl Thame" &...

Need help with ripping!
I'm using windows media player 11. I'm trying to rip a burned cd my friend made for me into my library. I can play the cd, but it doesn't seem like its reading it to rip it. The rip page is just blank, and it won't let me pull up the cd. I've also tried to download the cd straight to my MP3 player, and it just says error when I do that. Does anyone know what is going on and what I can do? its probably a protected disc "Daisy_Lorae" <Daisy_Lorae@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A6A7D8BD-08DE-4D54-81E1-603DFC8C767E@microsoft....

Number of users per message store.
Does anyone know an easy way to calculate the number of ussers per message store, other tan counting them seperatly. Thanks, Mark in the ESM, you should be able to drill down to "Mailboxes", select them all, and get a count down in the "status" bar... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Mark A. Dudley" <mark@nospamcjmnetworking.com> wrote in message news:447495a7.179533468@msnews.microsoft.com... > Does anyone know an easy way to calculate the number of ussers per > message store, other tan counting them seperatly. > > Thanks, > Mark On Wed, 24 Ma...