Merging two domains

I have the following situation:

Domain A was purchased by Domain B.

If the CEO from Domain A wants to be able to send emails from both domains
(while only using outlook) before we can migrate domains into one.  What
would be the best solution?

Create a user account for the CEO on domain B and have him use POP3 in
outlook?

As far as I know outlook only allows you to have 1 exchange server account
setup, right?

Any other ideas?
0
AJ (77)

"AJ" <AJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have the following situation:
>
> Domain A was purchased by Domain B.
>
> If the CEO from Domain A wants to be able to send emails from both domains
> (while only using outlook) before we can migrate domains into one.  What
> would be the best solution?
>
> Create a user account for the CEO on domain B and have him use POP3 in
> outlook?
>
> As far as I know outlook only allows you to have 1 exchange server account
> setup, right?
>
> Any other ideas?

See whether ChooseFrom at www.ivasoft.biz looks useful.

0
lanwench (7567)

two lists
I have two lists in separate worksheets. The data is almost identical. There is a column for ID and a column for a post code. I need to be able to put all the data into one sheet with three columns. One will list the the IDs and the others will put the two postcodes next to each other. Unfortunately, some IDs only appear in one sheet, some in the other and some are in both. So I will have some records complete and some partial complete. I have tried to use a look-up but I have confused myself. help! bazblazer, I'm not sure I've actually heard a question. I've made an example. ...

How to get two different grouped pivot tables from the same data table?
Hi, I have one data sheet that looks like this: Date Value (=80) 2008-02-01 450 .. .. .. 2009-06-03 From the data sheet (Data) I have created a pivot table grouped by months and years (Pivot 1) with the sum of value. That is no problem. But later when I create one more sheet where I want the data to be grouped by weeks (Pivot 2) the grouping changes in Pivot 1 to weeks too. Does anyone know how to get around this? How can you get for example get one pivot graph showing the sum per week and one per month in the same Excel file using grouping on...

Exchange 2007 in child domain.
Hi I have a Win2k3 domain with a couple of child domains. The two Exchange2k3 servers are in two separate Organizations(due to a 5.5 migration) and located in the root domain. The new child domain trusts the root domain, but not vice versa. Exchange2k7 asks for access to the FSMO DC in the root domain, which it can ping but apparently not access. Furthermore i get a preinstall error that says the Exchange2k7 must be in the same site/domain as the FSMO server. I suspect that exchange needs to make some schema changes before it can be installed, but are these one time changes or pr server. Co...

merging
Is it possible to create a document in publisher (mine is a certificate) and then merge the desired information from a select querry in access? Hi Tina (sttpreston@clyde.k12.oh.us), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || Is it possible to create a document in publisher (mine is || a certificate) and then merge the desired information from || a select querry in access? Yes, you can. Which version of Publisher and Windows are you using? -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Office Publisher MVP Official Publisher MVP Site: http://www.kvalheim.org This posting is provided "AS IS" wit...

Access to MSCRM outside domain
When I am on the domain, my laptop can access CRM web client. However, from any other source (my home office, client site, Starbucks!) I get a site not found error. I and others can get the web client with any other computer with no problem. I've checked my IE settings against others and do not know why I can't get connectivity. This has not always been an issue, but we have not done anything with or to the CRM server to cause my laptop to look connectivity. Are there any ideas as to why my laptop will no longer resolve to the CRM server? I have not figured this out. -- C...

Merge same transaction
I've had transactions that I've placed in my register with detailed info in the memo area only to have the same exact transaction download with no info and unrecognized as the same transaction. Traditionally I've copied and pasted the info into the downloaded transaction and then deleted my transaction. This is a real PAIN... Is there a way to tell Money that these two separate transactions are the SAME transaction and then have it merge them? It works exactly as intended when Money recognizes the transaction that's already in the register and then merges them beautiful...

Word mail merge

How can I run two powerpoint sessions?
I want to compare two power point presentations on a system with two monitors. Each monitor would have a powerpoint session running so that I could see them side by side. I do not want to run both power point presentation in one session as this, even when maximised only fills one monitor and there is no enough screen space to see the two presentatiosn side by side. This is easily done in both Word and Excell simply by starting a new sessin when the firts one ins minimused. But I cant seem toget Power point to follow suite. With the first presentation minimized, Hold down the ...

Accessing two tables from a single mfc application
Hi, I need to know how to access two tables using a single mfc(vc++) application. I also need to know how to extract data from a table using an mfc application using a primary key in a table.It is very important that I get answers for these two questions as this is part of my final year college project and I have very little time to complete this. Please Help! Thanks, Satish. "Satish Chandrasekar" <yourdisplayname@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A0D7EC0A-18C3-4375-B5A5-AFDB1AB2F577@microsoft.com... > Hi, > I need to know how to access two tab...

Merging 2 Companies into 1
Are there any guidelines or outline for what tables you need to look at to gather the various information you need in order to merge 2 companies together as well as issues to consider when undertaking such a project? It is a project and a half. I got approval from a major client yesterday to proceed with just this project. You literally need to look at all of them! I understand that MS Professional Services will do this project for you. In my case the client cannot be down and has too many 3rd party products for us to pass it off. When does your project need to be completed? -- Ri...

mail merge/merging 2 address lists...
Is there a way to merge two of your address lists in Publisher 2002? I have two address lists in my data base folder and would like all the addresses merged into one as there are some addresses different in each and some the same. Thank you. Robin Hi Robin (vicary@kconline.com.NOSPAM), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || Is there a way to merge two of your address lists in Publisher 2002? || I have two address lists in my data base folder and would like all || the addresses merged into one as there are some addresses different || in each and some the same. No, you cannot. You nee...

Split "Firstname Lastname" text box into two columns, Multiple Aut
Hello, I've got a bibliography data base I'm trying to set up and would like to enter a name, "John Smith" into my form and have it add an entry into my Authors table as Column 1 - John, Column 2, Smith. Also, there are sometimes mulitple authors on any given paper. How can I enter mulitple authors for the same paper? Below is the VBA, SQL code I've been trying to work from. I get an error, "Number of query values and destination fields are not the same" when I try to run it. But it still would 't solve the mulitple author problem even if it wo...

problem of receive email from one domain, but others are fine
Hi, I meet some problem of exchange server, seems i could receive emails from all domains, except one. here is the SMTP log: 210.3.34.131, hk2k02.tommy.local, 2006-4-29, 0:52:04, SMTPSVC1, MAIL, 210.22.128.196, 0, 23, 307, 250, 0, EHLO, -, +hk2k02.tommy.local, 210.3.34.131, hk2k02.tommy.local, 2006-4-29, 0:52:04, SMTPSVC1, MAIL, 210.22.128.196, 0, 23, 307, 250, 0, EHLO, -, +hk2k02.tommy.local, 210.3.34.131, hk2k02.tommy.local, 2006-4-29, 0:52:04, SMTPSVC1, MAIL, 210.22.128.196, 0, 51, 53, 250, 0, MAIL, -, +FROM:<SRAGHAV@tommyhilfiger.com.hk>, 210.3.34.131, hk2k02.tommy.local, 2006...

Why I get always two shortcuts for one "Create Shortcut" request?
I only request one desktop shortcut of a web page I like, yet I end up with two though only one of them works. The other one has only a General tab, without the Web Document tab and URL. I only noticed this recently. ...

merge and compare
We have two versions of the same work sheet from differnt dates. Some of the cells have been changed in the latest version and we need to compare which cells have had changes and selectively merge the two. Is there any hope??? jimired wrote: > We have two versions of the same work sheet from differnt dates. > > Some of the cells have been changed in the latest version and we need > to compare which cells have had changes and selectively merge the two. > > Is there any hope??? Hi have a look at http://www.cpearson.com/Zips/Compare.ZIP An add-in which compares two worksh...

Can I overlap only two of four data series in Excel Column Chart?
I'm trying to show a range on two of the four data series. Currently if I selected data series and overlap then it will overlap all four data series. Perhaps you want a stacked column chart. The bottom value in the stack would be the minimum value of the range, and the top would be the max minus the min. Format the bottom element to hide it (no border, no area fill), and the remaining stacked item floats from the bottom to the top of the range. Check the link below for more information. Floating column charts: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/FloatingColumns.html - Jon ----...

How can I get bar codes w/ Excel & mail merge?
I want to send out a bulk mailing with large postcards. I want the addresses printed on the postcards via mail merge. I am using Excel, but don't see where or how to add the bar code to the address, which would save me a lot of money. Can you help? >-----Original Message----- >I want to send out a bulk mailing with large postcards. I want the addresses >printed on the postcards via mail merge. I am using Excel, but don't see >where or how to add the bar code to the address, which would save me a lot of >money. Can you help? >. > hi, I not entirely...

Merging worksheet into MS Word mail merge
I am merging a letter and an Excel worksheet. When I merge an Excel field that contains $ and commas separating the hundreds and thousands, the $ and the , do not show up in the merged letter. Any suggestions on how to solve this problem? -- Briggs Hi Instead of just referring to the cell e.g. A1 use =TEXT(A1,"[$$-409]#,##0.00") -- Regards Roger Govier "Briggs" <Briggs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2F326201-A50F-45E5-9767-4C189ACA5529@microsoft.com... > I am merging a letter and an Excel worksheet. When I merge an Exc...

formula for adding / subtracting two columns .
Can't find formula to add or subtract two or three entire columns in a spread sheet Thank you Let's say we have numbers in two columns, column A and column B from rows 1 thru 100. In C1, enter: =A1+B1 and copy down thru C100 Column C will be the sum of columns A & B. To get the grand sum of columns A & B in a single cell, enter in an un-used cell: =SUM(A1:B100) -- Gary''s Student "jm" wrote: > Can't find formula to add or subtract two or three entire columns in a spread > sheet > Thank you Hi Try something like: =SUM(A:A)-SUM(B:B)-S...

select case two conditions
access 2003 Getting type mismatch on a select case - Case "ST" And Nz([ckGEN] = -1) doesn't like Nz([ckGEN] = -1) which is a check box on form Select Case txtUnitType.Value Case "CT" Me.f018ContrPerfEmissGuaDetails.Form.optHPorIPorLP.Visible = False Me.f018ContrPerfEmissGuaDetails.Form.FrameElem_Label.Visible = False Case "ST" And Nz([ckGEN] = -1) Me.f018ContrPerfEmissGuaDetails.Form.optHPorIPorLP.Visible = False Me.f018ContrPerfEmissGuaDetails.Form.optHPorIPorLP.Value = Null end select -- de...

Error in Mail Merge when selecting Edit Individual Labels
We are noticing an interesting error when trying to perform a mail merge within CRM and Microsoft Word. We have created a view in contacts and we perform all the typical mail merge functionality using the Labels option. At the end, instead of printing the labels without any edits, we click on “Edit Individual labels” and we get the following error… C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\OUTLOOK.EXE has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. We are on CRM v4 Update Rollup 8 using Outlook 2007 and the CRM Outlook (Online only) client. Has an...

Two weird events..........thoughts?
ONE: One of my LAN user sent out an email today with 1 person on the TO and two people on the CC list. One of the recipients is also on the LAN running Win9x and the second recipient is also on the LAN running Win2000. The 9x user only got one email (like a normal email delivery). However the win2000 user got THREE of the same email messages. Both LAN users use Outlook 2000. I am not certain how the email showed upon the three recipient's email client program. Why and how might this of happend. I have a FreeBSD box for my mailserver running Sendmail/Qpopper. TWO: When...

Why does picking an cell highlight two cells?
In an Excel 2007 worksheet, some cells when picked with the mouse highlight the adjacent cell. The cells are not merged and data is only entered into the cell that was picked. Hi, 2 possibilities. 1. Tap F8. Did that cure it? 2. If it didn't take the zoom level up and down. There are reports of a bug in Excel 2007 that causes this and reportedly changing the zoom level clears the problem -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. "...

Pasting into merged cells #3
I want to copy information from an area that doesn't have merged cells to an area that has merged cells. When I do this I either get an error message or when I use the Paste values and number formats it only pastes every other entry. Is there another way to paste that I don't know of that will paste into the merged cells? -- Thanks, Nikki Hi best would be to get rid of merged cells. You could of course paste cell by cell "Nikki" wrote: > I want to copy information from an area that doesn't have merged cells to an > area that has merged cells. When I do ...

Autofit Row & Merged Cells
Is this just me or is it a common problem: I have some text in a cell. The cell is merged along a row with the adjacent cells, I have put word wrap on. Now Autofit Row doesn't work and only shows the first line of text. Is there anything I can do, apart for manually adjust the row height? Regards Take a look at this macro by Jim Rech: http://google.com/groups?threadm=e1%241uzL1BHA.1784%40tkmsftngp05 If you need help getting started with macros, look at David McRitchie's Getting Started with Macros page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm In article...