Memory not enough while using RPC over HTTP

dear all:

When I using RPC over HTTP, my Outlook will pop a window message:
"Memory not enough... Please close one or more application to release
memory..."

How should I solve this problem??

0
come21 (3)

What operating system is Outlook running on? The machine
may need more ram or memory residient program disabled.

0
exchange.mvp (559)
1/15/2004 5:09:57 AM
My operation is WinXP (with Q331320) with Outlook 2003.

After I setup my Outlook profile and run it, then will pop an authentication
window. I type the correct username and password, however, its pop an error
message:

"The operation could not be completed due to insufficient memory. Close one
or more applications to make more memory available."

Then I close the window, and it pop another message:

"System resources are critically low. Close some windows."

But my memory is 256M, and available memory is 95M. I got same error message
on other computer, too.
However, I can ron RPC oer HTTP on my server's outlook.

How should I solve it?
Many thanks for your reply!!

"Andrew Sword [MVP]" <exchange.mvp@nos.optushome.com.au> �b�l��
news:05f901c3db25$d18fa1f0$a601280a@phx.gbl �����g...
> What operating system is Outlook running on? The machine
> may need more ram or memory residient program disabled.

0
come21 (3)
1/15/2004 5:23:22 AM
Looks like bug
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;820870

David wrote:

> My operation is WinXP (with Q331320) with Outlook 2003.
>
> After I setup my Outlook profile and run it, then will pop an authentication
> window. I type the correct username and password, however, its pop an error
> message:
>
> "The operation could not be completed due to insufficient memory. Close one
> or more applications to make more memory available."
>
> Then I close the window, and it pop another message:
>
> "System resources are critically low. Close some windows."
>
> But my memory is 256M, and available memory is 95M. I got same error message
> on other computer, too.
> However, I can ron RPC oer HTTP on my server's outlook.
>
> How should I solve it?
> Many thanks for your reply!!
>
> "Andrew Sword [MVP]" <exchange.mvp@nos.optushome.com.au> �b�l��
> news:05f901c3db25$d18fa1f0$a601280a@phx.gbl �����g...
> > What operating system is Outlook running on? The machine
> > may need more ram or memory residient program disabled.

0
kpalagin1 (1216)
1/15/2004 8:50:50 AM
Paging file is setup?

"However, I can ron RPC oer HTTP on my server's outlook."

When you look at Connection Status does it actually show HTTPS?

--
Hope that helps,
Dan Townsend

"David" <come2@ms1.pchome.com.tw> wrote in message
> My operation is WinXP (with Q331320) with Outlook 2003.
>
> After I setup my Outlook profile and run it, then will pop an
authentication
> window. I type the correct username and password, however, its pop an
error
> message:
>
> "The operation could not be completed due to insufficient memory. Close
one
> or more applications to make more memory available."
>
> Then I close the window, and it pop another message:
>
> "System resources are critically low. Close some windows."
>
> But my memory is 256M, and available memory is 95M. I got same error
message
> on other computer, too.
> However, I can ron RPC oer HTTP on my server's outlook.
>
> How should I solve it?
> Many thanks for your reply!!
>

> "Andrew Sword [MVP]" <exchange.mvp@nos.optushome.com.au> �b�l��
> news:05f901c3db25$d18fa1f0$a601280a@phx.gbl �����g...
> > What operating system is Outlook running on? The machine
> > may need more ram or memory residient program disabled.

0
dtown (976)
1/15/2004 9:05:22 PM
Yes I can see the HTTS in Connection Status. It works on my local Outlook.

What is Paging file? Where can I setup it?

Thank you for your reply!

"Dan Townsend [MSFT]" <dtown@online.microsoft.com> �b�l��
news:eFzS8s62DHA.3256@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl �����g...
> Paging file is setup?
>
> "However, I can ron RPC oer HTTP on my server's outlook."
>
> When you look at Connection Status does it actually show HTTPS?
>
> --
> Hope that helps,
> Dan Townsend

rights.
> Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup.

> "David" <come2@ms1.pchome.com.tw> wrote in message
> > My operation is WinXP (with Q331320) with Outlook 2003.
> >
> > After I setup my Outlook profile and run it, then will pop an
> authentication
> > window. I type the correct username and password, however, its pop an
> error
> > message:
> >
> > "The operation could not be completed due to insufficient memory. Close
> one
> > or more applications to make more memory available."
> >
> > Then I close the window, and it pop another message:
> >
> > "System resources are critically low. Close some windows."
> >
> > But my memory is 256M, and available memory is 95M. I got same error
> message
> > on other computer, too.
> > However, I can ron RPC oer HTTP on my server's outlook.
> >
> > How should I solve it?
> > Many thanks for your reply!!
> >

> > "Andrew Sword [MVP]" <exchange.mvp@nos.optushome.com.au> �b�l��
> > news:05f901c3db25$d18fa1f0$a601280a@phx.gbl �����g...
> > > What operating system is Outlook running on? The machine
> > > may need more ram or memory residient program disabled.

0
come21 (3)
1/16/2004 12:30:45 AM
You set it in Control Panels\Sysyem\Advanced\Performance.

David wrote:

> Yes I can see the HTTS in Connection Status. It works on my local Outlook.
>
> What is Paging file? Where can I setup it?
>
> Thank you for your reply!
>
> "Dan Townsend [MSFT]" <dtown@online.microsoft.com> �b�l��
> news:eFzS8s62DHA.3256@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl �����g...
> > Paging file is setup?
> >
> > "However, I can ron RPC oer HTTP on my server's outlook."
> >
> > When you look at Connection Status does it actually show HTTPS?
> >
> > --
> > Hope that helps,
> > Dan Townsend

> rights.
> > Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup.
> >
> > Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at
> > http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm
> >
> > "David" <come2@ms1.pchome.com.tw> wrote in message
> > > My operation is WinXP (with Q331320) with Outlook 2003.
> > >
> > > After I setup my Outlook profile and run it, then will pop an
> > authentication
> > > window. I type the correct username and password, however, its pop an
> > error
> > > message:
> > >
> > > "The operation could not be completed due to insufficient memory. Close
> > one
> > > or more applications to make more memory available."
> > >
> > > Then I close the window, and it pop another message:
> > >
> > > "System resources are critically low. Close some windows."
> > >
> > > But my memory is 256M, and available memory is 95M. I got same error
> > message
> > > on other computer, too.
> > > However, I can ron RPC oer HTTP on my server's outlook.
> > >
> > > How should I solve it?
> > > Many thanks for your reply!!
> > >

> > > "Andrew Sword [MVP]" <exchange.mvp@nos.optushome.com.au> �b�l��
> > > news:05f901c3db25$d18fa1f0$a601280a@phx.gbl �����g...

0
kpalagin1 (1216)
1/16/2004 9:35:44 AM
when the auth box comes up, enter the username in the format of "DOMAIN\username" instead of "username@domain.local"
0
anonymous (74722)

finding macros/formulas used in a spreadsheet
I was sent a spreadsheet and it has various columns whose rows calculate based on certain criteria. How can I find the formulas or macros that control these columns. Is there a basic way to do this so I can learn how they are crafted? jc Excel 2002 Windows 2000 To find formulas hit CTRL + `(backquote above Tab key) to toggle "show formulas". If you do have Macros they are probably event code behind the worksheet(s). Right-click on a sheet tab and "View Code". Anything there? Alt + q to return to Excel. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 1...

Memory usage in XP (memory leak detection)
Hi How can I found out the memory usage on XP ? My XP box uses over a week all memory and then has no resources available. It has 4GB memory (3.5 GB free) I used typeperf with the following: \Memory\Available Bytes \Memory\Committed Bytes \Memory\Pool Paged Bytes \Memory\Pool Nonpaged Bytes \Memory\Cache Bytes \Memory\Cache Bytes Peak \Process(_total)\Virtual Bytes Peak \Process(_total)\Virtual Bytes \Process(_total)\Working Set Peak \Process(_total)\Working Set \Process(_total)\Page File Bytes Peak \Process(_total)\Page File Bytes \Process(_total)\Private Bytes \Proc...

Starting Outlook Using a different Identity
My wife and I both use Outlook to access our emails. We each have a separate account with our ISP. When Outlook is started up it defaults to the last user. Often times I am the last user and when my wife opens it opens with my identity. The problem with this is that I look at my emails from my ISP when I am in my office if my wife opens Outlook and I was last user then Outlook automatically downloads the emails and then I can't see them through the internet. SO! Is is possible to determine which identity is to be opened when starting up Outlook Adam I am unsure if this is w...

not enough memory on excel 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel <i>run excel 2008 on mac snow leopard 2 g memory i upgrade to 3 g and same</i>&#32; message not enough memory can some one help me only word working Run Remove Office then re-install Office On 30/03/10 7:08 AM, in article 59bb629f.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "Snow_leopard@officeformac.com" <Snow_leopard@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel > run excel 2008 on mac snow leopard 2 g memory i upgrade t...

using a popup to make percenatges on selected cells
Hi I'm hoping someone can help with some code. I'm selecting a group of cells containing numbers. I want via a popup to change the selected numbers to the percentage entered in the popup. For example - I select my cells and run the macro. The popup asks for a number and I enter '50'. All the selected numbers then change to 50 percent of their previous value. It would apply equally to a selected whole column of numbers. Grateful for any help. Best Wishes hi Sub changenumber() Dim n As Double n = InputBox("enter a number") n = n / 100 ...

CRM 3.0 Error "HTTP 403 (forbidden)" to open Report
Hi, please help me!!! i am a system administrator but i've this problem: if i open some crm's report (for exemple Account Distribution) i'll have this error page: You are not authorized to view this page You might not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials you supplied. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- If you believe you should be able to view this directory or page, please try to contact the Web site by using any e-mail address or phone number that may be listed on the www.crmcg.it home p...

Send email using redemption
Hi I am using redemption to forward emails. When I do not display the item, it will send without the body(message). But if I display the item first, then close it and send, everything is sent including the message. Is there a way around this. It would be nice if there were no window opening and closing when the code is running. Many thanks in advance Richard Try: http://www.emailredemption.com/Support.htm "Richard" <richardbee@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eD12W$YTGHA.5108@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi > > I am using redemption to forward emails. > > ...

Words disappearing using word as editor
This happened when using Office 2000, and now in Office 2003. When using Word as my email editor I can type a paragraph, minimize it to check something else, and when I maximize the message again most of the words are gone leaving a blank but selectable space. They're still there, but invisible. Stange, but I'm not sure if this is a diaplay problem or what. Using the default Outlook editor cures the problem but I lose the tools in Word. Does anyone have any bug spray for this one? My system : PIII 800 Windows 2K Pro Nvidia TNT2 Riva 64 1 GB Ram always on DSL TIA ...

Is it a memory leak
AoA I have used standard template library in one of my applications. I belive that memory leaks are due to stl components, mainly string. i wrote a sample program in VC 6.0 that clearly shows memory leaks in stl wstring str = L""; for( int a = 0 ; a < 100000 ; a++ ) { str += L"int"; } str.str.erase( str.begin() , str.end() ); str = L"int"; i wrote this code against a button in dialog based application. Before clicking the button, the memory usage is 3MB and after this code it is 17MB although i believe it should have been bac...

move to cell by using TAB
Hi guys, Is it possbible to add a order on cells for using the tab button. I've made a form in Excel, and want then to be able to use the ta button to automaticaly go to the next input cell.. Thank -- Ctec ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Ctech's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2774 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=52813 See http://xldynamic.com/source/xld.xlFAQ0008.html -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove nothere from email address if mailing direct) "Ctech&q...

Using API to copy files
I wrote a file syncronization program to compare and copy multiple projects between my PC and the server (some 24 projects with almost 1000 files today, but the number grows every day). It works great, and as far as I'm concerned, the speed is fine, but I was told by a co- worker that using API can copy files faster than the FileCopy function in VBA. Is this true? How much faster can it work? Does anyone have sample code to do this? And while I'm here, is there and API routine that works faster than the Kill function? My knowledge of API can fit on the head of a pin, so ...

Exchange memory utilization
Is there any documentation detailing the exchange 2003 memory utilization , especially in coordination with the max store size. thanks CR What do you want to know? Exchange will use all the memory it can in the box, up to 4GB, for caching, and this isn't a function of store size. It will release memory so that other processes can get what they need. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "MSNews" <Craig@nowhere.org> wrote in message news:etwPVF%23RHHA.4832@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Is there any documentati...

archive function using owa
Hello, Is it possible to have an archive function in OWA ? Thanks Francesco Hi .. No, there's no such possibility by default. Regards, KFL "Francesco" <Francesco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:87434A4B-FE30-419D-8402-DC51FF7769B8@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > Is it possible to have an archive function in OWA ? > > Thanks > > Francesco thanks, a customer asked me to have this function, do you have any suggestion on how to implement it or if some microsoft partner provide it Regards Francesco "Karel Florian [MS]"...

Calculating time using minutes.
I have created an invoice to record the minutes I work on a job but can not figure out how to sum the total time I want the minutes in the format hours and half hours, ie 1.5 hours. Can some one tell me how to do this. Thank you. How are the times being entered into the invoice? In what format? As ordinary text? Into FormFields? -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "computerkiller" <computerkiller@di...

Exchange 2003 Users recieve HTTP error 403
Dear All, I would like to try and find some help on the issue we are having. When users connect to our OWA site, which is published through ISA sucessfully and we are using a Front-End - Back-End server setup they get a HTTP error 403 - Fobidden Access is diend. Once the user refreshes the page they log into OWA without any issues, this affects different users at different times, we have the IISADMPWD configured as well and i am not sure if this is effecting it. I have looked around at other posts put most of them are looking at SBS 2003, we are only using Exchnage 2003 SP2, on windows 2003...

Would like to use scanner for physical inventory
So far we have managed to do our physical inventory manually, which is rather cumbersome. I would like to use a scanner to scan in the items, enter the quantity counts, then total all quantities per item and import into RMS SO (using V2, SP2). I am looking for some suggestions for a good scanner and some instructructions for the RMS update. Thanks in advance. Gerd Gerd, Are you looking for a wireless, Batch, or wired scanner? Daniel techs1@nurol.com Tech Support NuRol Point of Sale www.nurol.com 404-352-3587 "Gerd" wrote: > So far we have managed to do our physical i...

Use ofname in a Carts
I like tu give a range a name and the use it as source data fore a Charts. That way i can control de data that is shown in the cart EX. I mak a car from the data in area A1:E20. Then I name the area 'DATA'. Insted of using the Area A1:E20 I use 'Data'. Then if the area change to A1:E20 I just change the name 'Data' from A1:D20 to A1:d22 In step 2 of the chart wizard, or using Source Data from the Chart menu for an existing chart, click on the series tab. For the Values, X Values, and Name, you can enter a defined range name instead of an address. You must ins...

Out of Memory
I am using Excel 2000. Operating system is MS 2000. Ram = 512. I am running a large Excel file 65,536 rows by 24 columns. The columns may expand somewhat; say 5 extra rows as the Macro runs. The Excel file links to another Excel file to do some vlookups. Some formatting is going on as well as Paste Special Value. I get an out of error message and Excel stops. If I only have 50,000 rows it works fine. I have increased the virtual memory to the maximum, same thing. Any suggestions???? Hi, There are only 65536 rows in a worksheet. You cannot use all the rows. Split your sheet into sevra...

Using spreadsheet to fill in forms
We need to create a form of an invoice in a very specific format (determined by an international shipping company). We will have several items which will need to be filled in on every invoice. We would like to be able to fill in all the pertinent invoice information on a spreadsheet and have each line populate the form/invoice to save & print. I have used forms in the past in which we just tab from text entry to text entry but we're hoping to make this easier on the user by using a spreadsheet or some other form instead of bouncing all over a form. Is there a way to d...

memory growing spreadsheet
Hi Again I have another query- For some reason when working on a spreadsheet it can start with say, 925kb in size,I do a couple of changes, then "Wolla" 10+mb It only happens every now and again, but I have tried copy then paste special, taken all macro's out, save as a different name,copy sheet into different book, but still can't bring it back down in size, "Hu" I even took my changes back out What is going on? John .. Hi John, What are you doing? Whatever it is, I think I'd want to do something else. But I haven't any hint what to avoid doing &...

Actual 'used' width of a form
Does anyone have a code resource for determining the actual used width of a form? I would like to know the minimum width that a form can have without hiding any of it's controls/subforms. You could loop thru all the controls on the form and add the control's left and width properties, which will give you the right most number of the control (in twips). You could store results in an array and find the largest number, which would be the fartherest right point of a control. I am winging it here, don't have any code other than a Debug.Print Me![somecontrol].Left + Me![somecont...

drop database [using parameters]
Hi guys can someone tell me what is wrong with this procedure. =============== set ANSI_NULLS ON set QUOTED_IDENTIFIER ON go ALTER PROCEDURE [dbo].[createdatabase] -- Add the parameters for the stored procedure here @dbname varchar(15) AS -- SET NOCOUNT ON added to prevent extra result sets from -- interfering with SELECT statements. SET NOCOUNT ON; -- Drop the database if it already exists IF EXISTS ( SELECT name FROM sys.databases WHERE name = @dbname ) DROP DATABASE @dbname CREATE DATABASE @dbname ================== Server 2005 keeps gi...

Using access in a multi-user environment
I am trying to find a way to let five people use an Access database at the same time. There seems to be several different options, but I am not sure what the best way is. If anyone has some good advice/pointers on this topic I'd sure appreciate it. Thanks, -- Don On Thu, 28 Feb 2008 06:00:00 -0800, Don <Don@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: No, there is only one option: split the application, and give each user his own copy of the front-end. -Tom. >I am trying to find a way to let five people use an Access database at the >same time. There seems to be several diff...

Does any one ever use function capFileSaveDIB?
I use VS .NET 2003. I had connected to a USB camera. I tried to capture the image. The function capFileSaveDIB is used. MSDN said this function would return true if successful. I call the function like this: int cameraCapture(HWND hWndofCap, CString pathCStr) { char* pathStr = ""; strcpy(pathStr, pathCStr.GetBuffer()); pathCStr.ReleaseBuffer(); if (capFileSaveDIB(hWndofCap, pathStr)) return 1; else return 0; } I get the return value: 1. However, I don't get the picture where pathCStr pointed. I don't understand. Have you met this problem? I can't find out wh...

Using functions in macros
Can I use the IsNumber fuction in my macro's >-----Original Message----- >Can I use the IsNumber fuction in my macro's >. >Yes, try something like this For each c in Selection Yes use something like this For Each c in selection If isnumeric(c) then c.value= C*2 Elseif Not isnumeric(c) then c.value= c & c end if Nect c See also IsArray, IsText, IsEmpty Peter >-----Original Message----- >Can I use the IsNumber fuction in my macro's >. > This will select all cells on the worksheet with a number. Sub isitanumber() With ActiveSheet.Use...