meeting/appointment appearing in OWA but not in Outlook client

we have a user who's meeting that was scheduled was viewable in the
OWA/webmail calendar but not in the regular Outlook client.  it seems to have
disappeared in the Calendar view of the Outlook client.  Has anyone
experienced this or know of any resolutions?

0
YZT (7)

is the delivery point in the Outlook client the mailbox, or a personal
folder?

"YZT" <YZT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> we have a user who's meeting that was scheduled was viewable in the
> OWA/webmail calendar but not in the regular Outlook client.  it seems to
have
> disappeared in the Calendar view of the Outlook client.  Has anyone
> experienced this or know of any resolutions?

0
susan7353 (1225)
1/11/2005 9:32:27 PM
delivery is to the mailbox.  we are using outlook 2000 with exchange 2003.
thanks for any insight.

"Susan" wrote:

> is the delivery point in the Outlook client the mailbox, or a personal
> folder?
>
> "YZT" <YZT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > we have a user who's meeting that was scheduled was viewable in the
> > OWA/webmail calendar but not in the regular Outlook client.  it seems to
> have
> > disappeared in the Calendar view of the Outlook client.  Has anyone
> > experienced this or know of any resolutions?

0
YZT (7)
1/12/2005 2:51:04 PM
look at the possibility of a corrupt ost file...
> delivery is to the mailbox.  we are using outlook 2000 with exchange 2003.
> thanks for any insight.
>
> "Susan" wrote:
>
> > is the delivery point in the Outlook client the mailbox, or a personal
> > folder?
> >
> > "YZT" <YZT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > we have a user who's meeting that was scheduled was viewable in the
> > > OWA/webmail calendar but not in the regular Outlook client.  it seems
> > have
> > > disappeared in the Calendar view of the Outlook client.  Has anyone
> > > experienced this or know of any resolutions?

0
susan7353 (1225)

Meeting
We have IS status meeting every week and it is scheduled in Outlook. It is only two of us and I was invited and accepted the meeting. There is a Word document that I prepare and print 2 copies for each of us. The idea is to keep the word document attached to every meeting with corresponding content. We also keep the hard copy. I don't want to change the document on my computer and then attach it to the meeting. I would like to attach it to the first meeting and then keep adding things to it on every future meeting. I have tested it, but once you change it is is the same for future and past...

Anniversary/Event vs. Appointment
I don't see how to create anniversaries and holidays and such, as opposed to, appointments and making them last all day. Doing the latter displays as a two day appointment on some calendars. ...

Outlook 07 Address book problem with Windows 7
I have a new laptop with Windows 7, and MS Outlook 2007. My contacts came in fine, but my address book is blank, and will not let me add contacts from the contacts folders (Greyed out). I've tried everything with Outlook, and suspect it is a Windows 7 problem because I created a new user in Windows, and it let me use the address book function. Previous versions of Windows allowed you to go into your User accounts, and cahnge the e-mail account settings, but I cannot find this in Windows 7. Does anyone know how to change these settings in Windows 7? Email setting? - th...

Excel Bar that looks like an Outlook Bar
I have an employee who has what looks like an Outlook BAR on the left side of his Excel worksheet. He inherited the computer and files and does not know how to get rid of it. I have never seen anything like this. Anyone know? Maybe there's an outline on the sheet. Choose Data> Group and Outline > Clear Outline to remove it. Cal Miyatake wrote: > I have an employee who has what looks like an Outlook BAR > on the left side of his Excel worksheet. He inherited the > computer and files and does not know how to get rid of > it. I have never seen anything like this...

Outlook Meeting
I have created a Meeting and sent the invitations. I have received the reponses (some accepted, some declined, and some tentative), but they don't all update on the Meeting notice (that is the response of about 95% show "None" even though I have the responses in the Inbox). Any ideas as to why they don't ALL update automatically? Have you opened all the messages? You do need to do this ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

HELP: Outlook Connector Problem
[Note, if there is another newsgroup for Outlook Connecter issues, please let me know. I couldn't find one in the list.] I have asked about this before, but not received any replies. I don't know if others are experiencing this, but for me it is 100% reproducible. It's a serious problem that has effectively rendered the entire Outlook alarm and notification system worthless, because I now have a hundred alarms that just keep popping up, drowning out any legitimate reminders. The Problem: For messages on an MS Live account, accessed via Outlook 2007 (12.0.6514.5...

Outlook Express Attachments #19
Normally I use Eudora for getting my mail and the attachments go in to a designated folder of my choosing ...I decided today to try Outlook Express for a while but I cant see anyway of directing attachments to the same folder ..I looked at the Message Rules and it asks you to specify a folder but only the mail folders not ones outwith OE,as far as I can see ...Can anyone help here please ?? Stuart ks -- "YESTERDAY is history,TOMORROW is a mystery,TODAY is a gift That is why it is called the present " As far as I know, there is no way to have OE detach and save attachments to ...

OWA asks for login repeatedly
We're running Exchange 2003 with a Frontend server and 4 Backend servers. Sometimes when you login to OWA you get prompted for password each time you click anything, like opening a mail, clicking a folder or creating a new mail. This only happens sometimes and I can't see any pattern as to when it does and doesn't. Both Frontend and Backend is running with only Basic Authentication on the virtual directory I use. Have anyone had similar problems? And better yet, have anyone found a solution? Nikolaj Pedersen Systems Manager Faculty of Health Science Aarhus University I'...

Outlook 2003 and Images
One fine day, Outlook stopped showing images in my mails. Only 'X' symbols. I tried this --- Under Tools --> Options --> Security --> Download Pictures both "Don't download pictures...." and "Warn me before downloading...." are TURNED OFF (boxes not checked). No matter how many times I check those options on and off, it does not resolve the issue. HELP NEEDED!! Regards ...

Invitations to a meeting can not be responded to
Hi. The Outlook invitations I get from my colleagues appear blank, and I can not respond to nor can I accept them. Very frustrating. Can anyone help? ...

Outlook 2k3 w/SFO
Hey guys I'm running Sales for Outlook 2003 with MSCRM 1.2 on Windows 2003 SBS I'm exploring the functionality of SFO, but I keep having problems. I I click "Promote E-mail to CRM Activity," Outlook dies. If I try to d anything else involving CRM, i.e. "CRM Task", It tells me "An erro occured while trying to synchronize the task information to th Microsoft CRM system. Where can I look to start troubleshooting this? All users hav licenses and can access CRM through IE. Thanks in advance for any help Have you installed Sales for Outlook on the CRM server? &...

How to uninstall Outlook 2000 from Office 2000
I have installed MS Office on my PC but would now like to uninstall Outlook only from that installation . I know this can be done using the Installation CD but have forgotten just exactly how to go about it . Can anyone refresh my memory in this, please ? victory@iol.ie wrote: > I have installed MS Office on my PC but would now like to uninstall > Outlook only from that installation . > > I know this can be done using the Installation CD but have forgotten > just exactly how to go about it . > > Can anyone refresh my memory in this, please ? Add/R...

Outlook features not available in OWA?
I'm running Exchange 2003 with Office 2003. OWA works great, however I noticed that two features that I like in Outlook don't work in OWA. One, in Outlook when you type- in a user's email address, Outlook does a text-search for the user's address and fills-in the address. Two, the ability to add a pre-defined signature in Outlook doesn't work in OWA. Is this normal and/or can this be included in OWA? Thanks. For the signature, have you tried the options pane to edit a signature? I'm not sure it is possible to get it do an auto-complete, but if it did, I bel...

OWA Login problem
I've just migrated from Exchange 5.5 to 2000, the OWA works well outside our organization and for those who don't have the ISA server as it's proxy server. Those with ISA as proxy receive the login window (username-pass-domain) over and over and the mailbox never gets to open. I'm in big problem, can somebody help me? Thanks in advance ...

What is the OWA file type or format type?
We use Exchange 2003 with McAfee Groupshield 6. If a user forwards a message with graphics & text it is blocked by Groupshield file filtering. It displays as "blocked" to the sender immediately after selecting a message to forward then clicking the forward button in OWA. I want to allow the content through Groupshield without blocking but I need help determining what file type or format type the forwarded OWA message is. What is the file type or format type of forwarded OWA messages that contain text & graphics? -- Thank you, Russ ...

Meeting invitees one hour ahead of meeting originator even after p
I have patched the workstations, servers, and Exchange in are organization. I ran the Exchange Calendar Update Tool to avoid having our end users have to fool with TZMOVE. When someone creates a recurring appointment in Outlook with invitees, the meeting organizer's calendar is fine through March, but the invitees are showing the meeting an hour later during those 3 new weeks in March. I can't figure out what I did wrong. I thought I followed the steps to the letter. Running Exchange 2003 on Windows 2000. Running Outlook 2000 and 2003 on a mix of Windows 2000 and XP workst...

outlook 2003 customization
Is there a way to have oputlook 2003 look like outlook xp or lower? in what specific way? "ray" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:137201c42659$2d808a00$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to have oputlook 2003 look like outlook xp > or lower? ...

can you schedule meetings in Outlook 2007 using MS Access 2007?
I know you can send reports, etc. through MS outlook from MS Access, but is there a way to have it send meeting requests, or schedule appointments? Yes using Outlook Automation. Start by locating code that creates an Outlook MailItem (email). Get that code up and running. Then adapt the code to create a MeetingItem object instead. The same applies to other Outlook items such as AppointmentItems, PostItems and ContactItem. The full documentation on the MeetingItem object is here with some examples. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa210951%28office.11%29.aspx "cfk...

Message body appears blank???
I and my family are experiencing a problem with outlook express 97/98. We cannot see the contents of any Email that we send or recieve. I tried reinstalling outlook and internet explorer, but to no avail. My internet provider (comcast high speed cable) could not find an explanation or solution either. I also attempted accessing our email accounts from the comcast online website, but the messages were blank there as well. It could be a virus or some other abberation, but i do not know. If anyone else has experienced this problem, then any advice or information would be greatly appreciated! The ...

Issues in SBS 2003 with Exchnage 2003 OWA
Hi, I am using SBS 2003, with Exchange 2003, I have created users, all are working fine, I need a setup to be done, ie When i type //localhost/exchange/test(Username) from my server it should not ask for passsword, it should open OWA directly, how can i do this. But this is happening in Windows 2003 with Exchange 2003, what matters me in SBS 2003. Can any one help me out in this mail me on vvaradhan@medepresence.com Rgds, Venkat You need to ensure you are using Integrated authentication on your /exchange and /public virtual directories (set this in ESM and not IIS manager) which mea...

best outlook for exchange 5.5
we have exchange 5.5 with outlook 97 and 2000 clients. The 2000 users seem to freeze more than the 97 users. Has anyone else noticed this? Is outlook 2002 better? We're using OL2000 connecting to Exchange 5.5 mailbox. Never seen any lock-up. "dlw" <dlw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA28B7C1-7188-434C-AA7E-232047BFCBB6@microsoft.com... > we have exchange 5.5 with outlook 97 and 2000 clients. The 2000 users seem > to freeze more than the 97 users. Has anyone else noticed this? Is outlook > 2002 better? generally speaking, it's best...

Outlook backup #12
The downloaded pfbackup will not load. Advice? Thanks. -- sthuman sthuman <sthuman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > The downloaded pfbackup will not load. Advice? Thanks. My advice would be for you to describe your symptoms in enough detail that someone stands a chance of answering. Include your version of Outlook in the description, the exact text of any errors, and exactly how you produced them. -- Brian Tillman ...

Outlook 2007 Phone Numbers
Something quite odd has happened. Suddenly, all of the telephone numbers in my contact list are one long number rather than the area code being in parentheses and a dash inserted after the first three digits of the phone number. Even if I try to change the entry, it reverts back to one long nunber. Any idea what's happening and/or how to correct it ? Outlook uses your default dialing location for your OS to format numbers, so I'd start by checking that setting. -- Russ Valentine "GigaNews" <jangro@pacbell.net> wrote in message news:s4ednbkTldSPU7L...

Forwarding a meeting request
If I forward a meeting request I received to someone, the "From" box in the forwarded request shows the original sender's name instead of my name. If the meeting request is opened, it displays "my name, on behalf of Original Sender". The original sender does not have any delegates configured so I'm wondering if this is by design for meeting requests? I was not able to find any reference to this on Microsoft's site so if anyone has an article that can be referenced, that would be great. Thanks. Chuck ...

Outlook does not let me shutdown my computer
Whenever I want to shutdown my computer I have to wait around because before logging off and shutting down Windows tries to end process Outlook(2002) and it sits there until I click "end process" this is very inconvenient for me. How do I fix this? I hope you can help... -Baruch Windows Xp Professional V. 2002 SP1 MSFT Office XP Pro w/ FrontPage ...