Measuring Round-Trip Internet Email time

I have Exchange 5.5 SP4 on Windows 2000 SP4.
I'm looking to measure roundtrip delivery time for an Internet email.
Basically, I'd like to somehow have an email sent out to a foreign system,
then come back into the Exchange system and have the round-trip time
recorded.
Is there an easy way to set this up? Or do I need foreign tools to do so?
Thanks!

0
marysa (3)

There is no easy way to do this and there are lots of variables that you
have no control over so would need to average the value over as large a
number of emails as possible and include as many foreign systems as
possible. Ultimately of course you would not be able to rely on this number
because despite what our users seem to think email is not the telephone.

Can you share the purpose of making this calculation? The list might be able
to come up with some ideas.

Nue
"Marysa" <marysa@cma.ca> wrote in message
>I have Exchange 5.5 SP4 on Windows 2000 SP4.
> I'm looking to measure roundtrip delivery time for an Internet email.
> Basically, I'd like to somehow have an email sent out to a foreign system,
> then come back into the Exchange system and have the round-trip time
> recorded.
> Is there an easy way to set this up? Or do I need foreign tools to do so?
> Thanks!

0
imaneophyte (3005)

Email Address Policies
I have just installed, and so far, configured Exchange 2007. The DC is on a seperate server. It is a single forest single domain setup. Now I need to have 4 email addresses for my users. When I created the first email address policy it seemed to apply rather immediatly. Two email addresses showed up under the users email addresses tab (company.local and company.com) Two days later when I tried to add another one it never seems to get attached to any recipient. Does anyone have any idea how to troubleshoot this or what could possibly cause this behavior? Even a reboot of the exchange ser...

Clicking a hyperlink in my emails takes me to my Documents Folder!
Recently when clicking a hyperlink contained in an email instead of it connecting me directly to the web it takes me to 'Documents Folders' as if I was trying to save it to a folder. I have my email set on HTML and I've tried all of the HELP sections without any help. Is the dialog called "Locate Link Browser"? If so, point it to IEXPLORE.EXE For further details see; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/8 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins a...

test email fails
I just installed Outlook 2003 (w/Windows XP). After setting up my email account I ran a test of the settings. Everything checks out but the test email comes up with a message to check the SSL and port settings. It all looks fine. I even tried changing the outgoing mail authentication, but that didn't work. What's strange is that sometime I can send emails, other times I can't. However, everthing works fine in Outlook Express Any help? Thanks! What are the EXACT error messages? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due t...

Modify email properties to inc contact,dept,title info.
How do i modify my email account so that others can click on my name and see further details about me e.g. office location, department, telephone number etc. Does the administrator need to do this? If you are referring to your listing in the organization's address book, = yes, this is something the email administrator usually manages.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "RKD - WW" <RKD - WW@discussions.microsoft.co...

Capture Url during a browsing under Internet Explorer
Hello, I would like capture all the Url when i navigate on Internet Explorer. I have get the example -> Band Object Implementation Sample, which allow to add toolbar in Internet Explorer. I think i must use this technologie, but i m not sure. I remove all the Band Object Interface, and i get interface COM on each Internet Explorer Document. Do you think it s the good solution ? Can you help me ? Actually i don't have write any code. I study the technolgie. Thks Seb Hi Seb, Just Serach BHO in your LOCAL copy of MSDN,you will got all answer you needed --------------...

Rounding Timeclock Report
Can some please tell me what I can add or change in time clock report to get the report to round hours worked to nearest quarter hour. Raffaele, I ended up writing my own web page/report that round to quarter hour and have me totals by employee, store and company. It then imports into Microsofts Small business financials so I don't have to key the data and elimates errors. Mark "Raffaele Fabiano" wrote: > Can some please tell me what I can add or change in time clock report to get > the report to round hours worked to nearest quarter hour. > ...

Time Zones & Outlook
When you change the Time Zone on your PC, All-Day events span two days. The MS workaround is to change the Start- End dates on each and every event/appointment. As this is not exactly the 'best' workaround, does anyone have a better one? Thanks!! Have you also seen the following MSKB article? http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290835&Product=out -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:020e01c3b847$48642fa0$a401280a...

weight measurement Excel
I want to apply a weight measurement in Excel of Stones and Ounces, cannot work out how! thanks Can you explain in detail how you wish to apply this? -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "edroberts77" <edroberts77@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2246B506-DF98-4C0B-BBBB-BAEC1AA584EA@microsoft.com... > I want to apply a weight measurement in Excel of Stones and Ounces, cannot > work out how! thanks well i have a column in a spreadsheet that indiates a users weight. I want the measurement to be in stones and pounds...

Alias email address problem
I'm running Outlook 2003 with Windows XP. I've configured Outlook such that the default email address through which I send email is an alias email account that I use for my business. When I send an email, all works fine as the email is sent from the alias, the default email address. The problem I'm having occurs when I respond to an email that is received at the alias address. Specifically, when I reply, the reply is sent from the account to which the alias is attached, not the alias address. Any direction on how to fix this such that when I reply to emails sent to...

Email Security Issue
I'm using Outlook 2000. How can I send an email newsletter without having to approve (click YES) on each email? Is there a workaround for this? Thanks. See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm Try using html format... see the link for other options -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Subscribe ...

Keyboard types pipe characters after emailing PDF
Hello everyone, We are using Great Plains 8 through Citrix sessions. One of our users started experiencing strange keyboard behavior after I added an Outlook profile to her session. This is what happens: - Starts a GP session through Citrix - Opens an invoice and prints to screen - Emails the invoice as a PDF file - Tries to open another invoice by using the Backspace key in the document field to type a new number. At this point, the Backspace types only the pipe character. When this happens, all keys will type pipes in all fields until the GP session is re-initialized. This problem seems ...

Connecting to the Internet from Money2004 Deluxe
I cannot get online. I get the error "Money was unable to initialize online service. If you want to use your online service, please reinstall Money from your product disks." If i try to reinstall one more time, there won't be anything left on my "product disk." Is there a fix for this problem??? In microsoft.public.money, Money2004 Deluxe MESS! wrote: >I cannot get online. I get the error "Money was unable to >initialize online service. If you want to use your online >service, please reinstall Money from your product disks." > >If ...

round problem
When I do the following: A1 = ? 1743.14 A2 = ? 9940.34 A3 = ? 10855.77 A4 = "=A1+A2-A3" The result is 827.71 But when i put my cel properties on 20 decimals I get this result 827.709999999999 How is this possible? Kees Hi Kees, http://support.microsoft.com/kb/78113 -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Keesb" <dummy@fun.nl> wrote in message news:eX9cysq6GHA.348@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... | When I do the following: | A1 = ? 1743.14 | A2 = ? 9940.34 | A3 = ? 10855.77 | A4 = "=A1+A2-A3" | | The result is 827.71 | But when i put my cel prop...

How do I stop rounding in simple addition formula in Excel, 1 cen.
I am using Excel 2002, and created a workbook where dollars and cents are used. When I write the formula =sum(#,#,#) it calculates the result one cent off the actual total. Like $2623.27 is shown and it should be $2628.28. Can this be fixed? Check out John's web page on the subject: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/pennyoff.html -- HTH, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit ! --------------------------------------------------------------------------- "bjm1010" &l...

wordart measurements
in the wordart editing "measurements" tab, the bottom 4 options are not available to use. those options are the ones which change the letter spacing within the wordart. how can I make them usable? I want to "fill" the wordart with a picture, but I need the line spacing (vertical) closer together so more of the picture can be seen. help! WordArt can be squeezed, does that help? Right-click the WordArt, click format WordArt, size tab, experiment with the width, be certain to uncheck the *Lock aspect ratio.* -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http:/...

adding actual numbers, not rounded
I'm making a payroll spreadsheet and taking the gross Wages times 6.2% and gross wages times 1.45%. Then I want to take the gross wages and subtract the actual numbers shown in the columns from it to obtain net wages. How do I get excel to subtract only the actual numbers listed in the columns and not the invisible numbers with many decimal places. I am off a cent or two in my net wages figure. You have a reply to your earlier posting. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 22 Oct 2009 15:04:01 -0700, geb <geb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I'm making a payroll spreads...

Time formatting
I'm familiar with subtracting start time from finish time to get elapsed time, and formatting the elapsed time as a time function, to include d:h:mm for elapsed times of more than 24 hours. But I don't seem to be able to work out a formating that will, e.g., report 30 hours for the elapsed time for a number 1.25 [days]. Will formatting do it, or do I have to write my own parsing function? Thanks, Fred Holmes Format it as [hh]:mm, this handles more than 24 hours. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Fred Holmes" <fsh@his.com> wr...

HELP: Second Internet domain for SBS Exchange 2000?
Hello, I manage a small SBS 2000 network. The company manages it's email with Exchange. However, I have one user with a separate Internet domain who I need to setup to receive ALL email (catch all) in his Exchange mailbox sent to that domain. Also, the other users at the company will never need to have email addresses for the second Internet domain....just the one person. I've tried creating a separate storage group, but that doesn't seem possible with SBS. Also, I'd like his Primary Email address to be an email address for the second domain, not the main domain of...

measurement
I need to create a chart that has axes in "exact" inches. For example, the printed plot area is 6" x 3", or at least 1 axis is exactly inches. ...

I can't get Outlook to synchronize with my yahoo email account.
I keep getting error messages. IS there someone or a website with good directions that might be able to assist me. Thanks! "Dan" <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:933B689D-59DF-4237-958C-45A246982C33@microsoft.com > I keep getting error messages. IS there someone or a website with > good directions that might be able to assist me. > > Thanks! Do you have a paid-for premium account with Yaoo? (Unless you're in the UK.......) Dan <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I keep getting error messages. And those messages are? ...

Retreiving email files .pst
I have a new pc and wanted to transfer my old outlook 2003 files to my outlook mail on my new pc. I backed up the old files on to a CD. I am having troulbe downloading these files to my pc. Do you have any suggestions? copy to hd, remove read only flag, then in OL File/Open/Personal Folders... browse to pst "TP" <godlywil@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:1881301c41b2f$375337b0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I have a new pc and wanted to transfer my old outlook > 2003 files to my outlook mail on my new pc. I backed up > the old files on to a CD. I am having troulb...

Unit of Measure issue
Here is my dilemma: I work for an import company and we received in a certain quantity of an item. This item was received in pieces as the UOM (600 cans of tomatoes) rather than in cases (100 cases of tomatoes). How can I change the quantity to reflect cases rather than pieces. If I modify the item card and change the UOM to cases it would still show the 600 quantity but this would be in cases and I would need 100 cases. Any ideas? Harshil: Do an Inventory Adjustment to deduct 600 cans from inventory. Change the UOM, then do an Inventory Adjustment to add 100 cases. Frank Hamelly MCP-...

Why is Email rejected in Outlook 2002 from MAPI program?
I have a Visual Basic(VB5) pgm that uses MAPI to send emails to customers. Everything works fine when "Outlook Express" is installed on my XP computer. When I send an Email from my Visual Basic Pgm, the Email go out immediately thru Outlook Express. When I replaced Outlook Express with "Outlook 2002", it appears that my pgm sends Emails out just fine, but when I click Send/Receive in Outlook I get an error message "System Administrator: None of your e-mail accounts could send to this recipient." What is wrong and how can I fix this? Is this t...

Get Paid $150-$300 To Learn Internet Marketing...
==> Get Paid To Learn Internet Marketing? <== I know it sounds crazy, but it's 100% true! Now you can keep on top of the latest seminars and teleclasses (both fre^e & paid) PLUS, by simply recommending this new site to others, you'll get paid up to $300 when someone registers for a live seminar! Get all the details right here: http://www.SeminarAnnouncer.com/a/332/1 =========================================================== The Internet Wonders eZine is a FREE weekly newsletter subscription that is dedicated to meeting the needs of Novice & Experienc...

Fixing/ Rounding
Hello, I want to calculate how many rows I need in a grid for a given number of cells when the number of columns is limited to let's say 6. Somehow I don't find any better way than using Mod because lCellCount=1917 lMaxCols = 6 would return 319,5 but VB6 rounds that down to 319 instead of rounding it up. This means I get 1 row less than I really need. I was only able to help me by using Mod but that looks fishy/ unncessary to me. Here is my code: Dim lRows& lRows = lCellCount \ lMaxCols Dim iMod% iMod = lCellCount Mod lMaxCols ...