Maximum Attachment Size

I have a user that is trying to send an attachment of 10257KB, but he is
getting an "Operation Failed" error in Outlook. I've upped the delivery and
receiving restrictions in the Global Settings in Exchange System Manager from
10240 to 20480, so I should have more than enough headroom for this file, but
it doesn't seem to have had an effect. Is there somewhere else that I should
make the change or do I have to do some sort of reset on the Exchange server.
For reference, the user's delivery restrictions are set to take the system
default and the SMTP connector doesn't have any limits applied.

The email is being sent internally, so there are no external restrictions
applied.

Thanks in advance
0
Thompson (10)

Those setting changes can take some time to take effect.  Have you waited a
couple of hours?  Do you have any limits on the information stores?
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

"Campbell Thompson" <Campbell Thompson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:349CB5FC-AACE-470E-A24D-1D1AC395498C@microsoft.com...
>I have a user that is trying to send an attachment of 10257KB, but he is
> getting an "Operation Failed" error in Outlook. I've upped the delivery
> and
> receiving restrictions in the Global Settings in Exchange System Manager
> from
> 10240 to 20480, so I should have more than enough headroom for this file,
> but
> it doesn't seem to have had an effect. Is there somewhere else that I
> should
> make the change or do I have to do some sort of reset on the Exchange
> server.
> For reference, the user's delivery restrictions are set to take the system
> default and the SMTP connector doesn't have any limits applied.
>
> The email is being sent internally, so there are no external restrictions
> applied.
>
> Thanks in advance

0
curspice6401 (3487)

max size command line argument
Hi I am launching an application from another and sending some info re command line arguments, one of which is a big string. In Windows 7 this works fine, but in XP "Access Denied" message appears. Shortening the big string overcomes this. I have tried to find out the maximum allowable argument size, both for XP and Windows 7 but can't find this anywhere. Anybody know the answer Ray Hello, Perhaps http://support.microsoft.com/kb/830473/en-us Are you above 8191 under XP (and they would have still enlarge this under Windows 7 ?) With such a long str...

how do I stop opening attachments with wordpad
Can any-one help? thanks What are the attachments supposed to open in instead of Wordpad? Jobbie wrote: > Can any-one help? thanks "Jobbie" <Jobbie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0FB0112E-64D4-4F76-92B5-3BAF2DD4AE03@microsoft.com... > Can any-one help? thanks Attachments open with whatever application you've configured to use. Save an attachment to disk. Using Windows Explorer, right-click and choose Open With>Choose Program. Pick the program you want to use to open the file, check the box labeled "Always use the ...

Can't view messages forwarded as attachments.
I have recently developed a problem viewing(opening) messages that were forwarded as attachments. The message will show the little paper clip in the message list pane indicating that the message has an attachment. When I open up the message, by double clicking, The "Attachments:" line is visible but no attachments are listed. At the right of the attachment line are two small up/down scroll arrows as if there were several attachments present, but nothing happens when I click on the scroll arrows. If I click on the blank "Attachments:" line, I get an "object could no...

how can I unblock an attachment
I sent a file home from my office and Outlook decided it was a potentialy dangerous attachment. How can I clear that setting? Thanks ...

Problem opening attachment
I have a user who has recieved an email that is trying to open the attachment, when she goes to open it or even save as on the attachment she receives the message; "Cant create file <filename> Right-click the folder you want to create the file in, and then click properties on the shortcut menu to check your permissions for the folder." She has full access to the machine as she is the local administrator and no nfts permissions are set to any of the folders shes tried opening it to (as a temp file) or saving. I've sent this email onto a couple of other users incl...

Which the maximum of characters of value in a cell?
When I impute a numerical sequence in a cell with more than 15 digits, excel does not conserve the typed value, modifying the digits from 16th typed. I ask: it is necessary to adjust some configuration in excel? Hi Excel's numerical limit is 15 digits. If you need to use more than 15, you'll have to enter it as text - either by formatting the cell as text before you type into it, or by starting the entry with a ' Hope this helps. Andy. "Malisky" <Malisky@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B261F7DB-7A39-45D5-8FCE-F750D26D36EC@microsoft.com....

block large outgoing attachments
hi i am using ms outlook 2003 and wish to set up an alert or warning if i attempt to send too large attachments. i don't seem able to do this using a rule. rhanks I don't think you can do that with the Rules Wizard since that acts after sending. There might be a third-party addin but I don't know of one off the top of my head. "Ven" <not@powerup.com.au> wrote in message news:me6xfcfg5hgu$.3804o1z34z7n$.dlg@40tude.net... > hi > i am using ms outlook 2003 and wish to set up an alert or warning if i > attempt to send too large attachments. > i don'...

entourage continually crashes, database size >10GB
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop since my database has grown larger than 6GB (now >10GB), entourage crashes several times a day - seemingly without reason. unlike outlook, where i can move messages out of the inbox .pst into a separate filed messages .pst, entourage does not appear to have this functionality. <br><br>this is frustrating as i wind up wasting huge amounts of time using the glacially sloooooow database utility to verify/compress/rebuild the database over and over again - only to have the same t...

how can I mark the maximum point on x-y graph
in excel program how can I mark the maximum point on a x-y graph Hi, Maybe these examples will help. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/FormatMinMax.html http://www.andypope.info/charts/Labellast.htm Cheers Andy MAJ-BEHNAM wrote: > in excel program how can I mark the maximum point on a x-y graph -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

PowerPoint 2007 Size and Position dialog box for formating SmartAr
In PowerPoint 2003, I find the Size and Position tabs in the Format Autoshape Dialog box. For PowerPoint 2007, I have found instructions to access the Size and Positon dialog box through the shortcut menu. However, when I right-click the SmartArt graphic, the shortcut menu does not have a Size and Position to select. Where can I access the Size and Position dialog box in 2007 when formating a SmartArt graphic? Thank you for your help. On 11/24/09 1:53 PM, in article 2DC5B632-63C0-4AAC-B6F5-7B5B0CDDBAF0@microsoft.com, "mirmesquite" <mirmesquite@discussions.micr...

Word Email Attach Problem
I use Word 2002 for my email editing. Until 2 weeks ago when I attached a file it appeared on a line under the subject. Now when I attach a file the file icon appears in the body of the message. Also when my addressees open the message in its own window they cannot open the attachments.They get a message that the source file cannot be found. They can open the attachments in the view pane of the Inbox window. How can I fix this so the attachments are listed on a line under the subject and can be opened in the message window? Change your message format. RTF will always place the atta...

Maximum number of recipients
For Outlook 2003 on SBS 2003, is there a maximum number of recipients that a message can be sent to? Thanks, Robert Your ISP is the determining factor, not Outlook. Most limit from 25 to 50 for residential accounts and up to 150 for commercial accounts. "Robert Ramin" <rramin@swcsx.com> wrote in message news:eCWbWuPiGHA.1936@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > For Outlook 2003 on SBS 2003, is there a maximum number of recipients that > a message can be sent to? > > Thanks, > Robert > ...

attachments won't launch
I had a Word 2003 issue and used Detect and Repair, but it could not find an ..msi file and got fouled up. Now, when I double-click .xls attachments to emails, that horrendous Office 2003 Installer window pops up, searches for the same .msi file, can't find it, and the attachment launch is cancelled. I tried the Installer Clean-Up, and that had no effect. Now, the only way I can launch Excel email attachments is to laboriously save them, launch Excel, then open them from within Excel. Most frustrating. Nobody should EVER use Word Detect and Repair, it's like a built-...

outlook wont allow me to open MS Word email attachments
I am having trouble trying to get into my emails through both Outlook and on msn messenger. Basically, it tells me the attachments are not available to open! even though they open on other machines when forwarded etc!! HELP What version of Outlook are you using? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer paul B <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked: | I am having trouble tryi...

Missing text when sending an attachment
I can create an email with text in the body and an attachment. Save it as a draft, open the draft and everything appears normal. I then send the email. The recepient only receives the attachment. I then check the sent items folder and only the attachment appears, no text. This does not happen all of the time. I am using Outlook 2003 with Exchange server 2003. I am not using word as the editor. Thanks, Joel ...

maximum size of a Microsoft Excel list for a pivot table
What is the maximum size of a list I may use to create a pivot table? In excel help type specifications Chick Worksheet/workbook specification>pivot table specs >-----Original Message----- >What is the maximum size of a list I may use to create a pivot table? >. > ...

Maximum no of accounts
Hello, Does anyone know what the maximum no of accounts is that can be created in Microsoft 2004? We have anywhere between 350-400 clubs that we need to store in a single file. Your help would be greatly appreciate, esp. if it comes within 2 days. -Nanci In microsoft.public.money, Nanci wrote: >Does anyone know what the maximum no of accounts is that >can be created in Microsoft 2004? We have anywhere >between 350-400 clubs that we need to store in a single >file. Your help would be greatly appreciate, esp. if it >comes within 2 days. http://support.microsoft.com/...

Email attachments in Outlook.
I am running Windows XP Home and use Office XP, Outlook email. When I receive emails with more than one .jpg attachment, I don't know how to open all of the attachments at once; rather, I have to open them one at a time and that is a pain. Is it possible to open all of them at once? Holding down Shift or Ctrl and click on each attachment to highlight them all does not work. Thx, Don. Don <rlty@juno.com> wrote: > I am running Windows XP Home and use Office XP, Outlook > email. When I receive emails with more than one .jpg > attachment, I don't know how to open al...

what is the size of the internal buffer of fileStream
Hi! If I use a filestream connected to a data storage like this program example shown here. The data will be written to the data storage when the internal buffer is full. So I just wonder what size is it on the internal buffer ? I mean the actual write to the data storage will be done in chunks of some size to increase the performance. string overview = "Most commercial applications, such as..."; FileInfo fileStore = new FileInfo("Overview.txt"); FileStream conduit = fileStore.Create(); byte[] encodedOverview = new UTF8Encoding(true).GetBytes(overview); condu...

cannot print entire attachment
I have an attachment with a seal on the paper. When I print the attachment it cuts off the information. Why is this happening and is there a way that I can copy to word? When I try to copy to word it puts a clip board on the screen. what do i do next? ...

Attachments #16
Does anyone now how I can print an email with an attachment, I can get the print to show that we have an attachment. ...

Attachments & Notes/History in ACT 2000
In ACT 2000, emails are just attached .det files. How are these emails migrated over to MS CRM. It seems that Saleslogix has a hard time importing attachments from ACT. I was wondering if MS CRM is the same way. I will pretty much need to retain all the Notes/History wheter it's a Note, Email, or Attachment. Thanks in advance. to get ACT data across you can use either the data migration framework or buy a license for scribe migrate which will be easier. In addition scribe will see you a one time data migration license for a reasonable price. Of course before doing a migration t...

which download to open email attached file power point 97-2003
received email with attached document, office power point 97-2003 show. What should I download to open it ? Thank you Stakano The free PowerPoint Viewer from Microsoft. -- Susan Ramlet -- please reply to the newsgroup so all may benefit. "stakano" <stakano@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:06CD1A70-57AC-405E-996C-311DE17C0245@microsoft.com... > received email with attached document, office power point 97-2003 show. > What should I download to open it ? Thank you Stakano ...

saving multiple emails with attachments in Outlook 2003
Hi, I want to be able to save multiple email messages along with their attachments. Into a folder on my computer. I know that I can select the email, and then go to the File -> Save As.. and save the email with its attachment as type outlook message (.msg) to do the job for a single email. Is there a way to do this quickly for many emails all at once? When you're dealing with 100+ emails doing it that way just takes way too long. Thanks! The easiest way to save multiple email messages is to create a new Personal Folder (called a .pst file) and move the messages into that f...

pdf attachment
We are currently utilizing outlook 2002 on a windows 2000 platform. An email came though in which I cannot see an attachment but do see it when forwarding it. I also see it if I go into File. It will say Save Attachment. How can I have access to see this attachment when I first recieve it? ...