Max clinet change to Cache mode per server

Hi,

we have 2 Exchange 2003 a-p Cluster on Unisys ES7000 with 9000 mailboxes on
each cluster. The Clients work with Outlook XP. We plan a Rollout of Outlook
2003 SP2 with activated Cache Mode. Our Offline Adressbook has abaout 10 MB
and one Mailbox a average space of 35 MB.

Now my question, how much client can rolled out parallel that the download
of the mailbox content has only small impact to the Exchange Server
performance ?

Has anybody some experiences in this case

Thank you

Ingo
0
IngoHuber (38)

Changing the Quote Integer
Hi, Just wondering if anybody knows how to change the 5 numerical numbers within a quote number such as QUO-10001-ASTRB. We wish to change the numbers to be something like 20000 instead. Thanks. Matthew matt@mubtew.com ...

Max Customers Accounts in CRM 1.2
One of our client who is evaluating CRM asked for number of Customer Accounts Limit of MS CRM 1.2. We know that MS is targeting CRM for small and Medium size orgainzation but can it support customers of an orgainzation to Millions. Or Can some one tell the max limit of Customer Accounts. ? Regards, JZ There is no defined maximum.. The key is sizing the SQL server appropriately. Especialyl with CRM not supporting clustered SQL servers. I know there are companies out there that have implemented (or are in the process of implementing) installs for > 1,000 users. Matt Parks MVP - Micr...

mfc changes
I'm thinking of getting this book at the library: Developing professional applications in Windows 95 and NT using MFC / Marshall Brain, Lance Lovette. Prentice Hall PTR, c1997. Will this be a worthwhile resource, or have there been too many mfc changes since it was written? While the basics of MFC really hasnt changed, it may be dated. It depends upon what version of MFC it uses. If its with MFC4.2 that shipped with VC6, its very relevant even today. Even VC5 is OK. If you are looking for a book, Jeff Prosise's book is the one to get for MFC. ---- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com ...

Using VBA to change default color palette
We currently have an add-in for Excel Xp which changes the default excel color palette so that it displays our companies corporate color scheme. We are wanting to use this in Excel 2007 as well but cannot get it to work. Included is some of the code used for Excel XP Sub companyPalette() On Error Resume Next 'Modify the first row to compnay Primary color Palette ActiveWorkbook.Colors(11) = RGB(160, 0, 80) ActiveWorkbook.Colors(55) = RGB(225, 110, 0) ActiveWorkbook.Colors(52) = RGB(235, 175, 0) ActiveWorkbook.Colors(51) = RGB(180, 190, 0) ...

No response when telnet to server on port 25
Hi I've just changed the configuration with our ISP so that we now host our own MX record. Previously messages were collected at an ISP and we popped the mailbox using POPCON. We now have an MX record pointing to our External IP and I've forwarded port 25 on the router to the internal IP of the Exchange server. When I telnet on port 25 inside the LAN I get a response "...ESMTP Mail Servive...etc etc. When I telnet from the internet I do not get a response like the above but it does seem to connect....all that I get is a black window. Does this mean I will not receive an...

Max and min
Hi! I would like a formula to anticipate the expected maximum and minimum of votes for each political group in the elections and that the variables are necessary to know Thanks in advance. an ...

Firewall is blocking HQ client/server over VPN
I have a VPN connection bet the store and my laptop which has HQ. When I am in my store's network, HQ client and server communicates fine. But from outside, the VPN is connecting but the Windows firewall on my laptop is blocking the communication from HQ client. To isolate the problem, when I turn off the firewall, it does indeed connect. The Windows firewall has RMS Server and Manager as exceptions as well as port 34200 and 34202 open. What else do I have to do to the firewall? I hear the port for SQL should not be open. You have answered your own question: RMS communicates with...

Changing IP address
We just changed ISP's and changed the IP address on the server. How no one can get to there e-mail, WHY? The server now has a 192 address and before has an external address. Care to provide more details, like type and version of client and server used, error messages (if any), name resolution setup etc? Bob wrote: > We just changed ISP's and changed the IP address on the server. How no one can get to there e-mail, WHY? The server now has a 192 address and before has an external address. -- Help fight spam - designate sending servers for your domain. http://spf.pobox.com The s...

MAX
Hi, I am looking for a query that will return all the entries where a certain field has its max value. For example: I am interested in all the values where version is at its MAX for a certain id so if my table is: id idea status version 1 Apple open 1 1 Banana close 2 2 Chair close 1 3 Table open 3 3 Flower open 4 4 Keyboard open 1 I would expect to get: 1 Banana close 2 2 Chair close 1 3 Flower open 4 4 Keyboard open 1 Any idea? Thanks, Dan Create a query that selects the id and max(version) Create a second query that joins the table...

Change HTREEITEM's parent
I'm writing an app in MFC that has a treeview that can drag/drop onto itself using OLE drag operations. Point is, at the end I have a function to implement: void CMyTreeCtrl::MoveItem(HTREEITEM hToMove, HTREEITEM hNewParent) { } I've looked everywhere in the documentation and all over the web, and I can't find any documentation on how to make this happen. If possible, I want to avoid manually cloning the entire tree under hMove inside of hNewParent and then deleting hMove and its children. How do you move a treeview item in MFC or Win32? You have to use brute force.... th...

Changing Font on a sentence changes WHOLE document
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3229051120_145982 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit Hi Everyone, When I change a font or bold, MS Word changes the WHOLE document. Then I have to undo to get it corrected. What�s the fix for this? Thank you. John Chavez Los Angeles, CA --B_3229051120_145982 Content-type: text/html; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: quoted-printable <HTML> <HEAD> <TI...

Changing Hyperlinks, absolute to relative and preserving them
Hyperlinks in Publisher, batch changing old hyperlinks and converting absolute hyperlinks to relative hyperlinks. A document was written in Publisher (.html the report will be viewed through a browser) with many absolute hyperlinks. It was transferred onto the network at base from a HDD, but will ultimately be supplied on a CD where it will almost certainly be transferred to another network for use. All the old hyperlinks are related to the isolated system and know no longer work; they were supposed to be relative but created by mistake as absolute. First is there an easy wa...

Does Smartlist have max # of records it looks at?
I created a report through SmartList builder and when I run it, the information stops at 12/7/09. It does not show the rest of the year regardless of what date criteria I use. I then created a similar SQL query and made a new SmartList from that query. Again the information stops at 12/7/09. Is there a maximum number of records that SmartList will look at? Or any ideas on why this is happening? This is my SQL query: select a.ordocnum, a. crdtamnt, a.debitamt, a.trxdate, a.actindx, a.ormstrid, a.ormstrnm, a.dscriptn, b.mnacsgmt, c.userdef1, c.userdef2 from gl20000 a lef...

how do I display two stacked columns per month on a chart
I need to display the contribution that 3 components make to monthly sales, which I can do with a stacked column. How do I add in the same data from a previous year to compare side by side? Hi, For information on creating cluster-stacked column charts, http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "Ddobsy" <Ddobsy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3D4F66C7-5BFE-4485-931C-70FE00F5CBE3@microsoft.com... >I need to display the contribution that 3 components make to month...

Inventory changes
As a new user to the system, we are finding items that were not properly accounted for in the beginning inventory. When something is found, we enter it as a new item, but enter the inventory count before saving it. When saving, it asks if it is a correct count or starting inventory adjustment. I usually select "starting inventory. (We use the Quickbooks accounting interface to post to Quickbooks. I do not post purchase journals as it does not provide the same flexibility and vendor accounting that Quickbooks does when entered through their Vendor Billing system.) I do have the dail...

Change the font to arial
I want to make a button with a macro that changes the font in the kontact boddy to arial 10 can anyone tel me the code please Thanks alot E.Zenker ...

OLE DB provider "SQLNCLI" for linked server "(null)" returned message "Unspecified error".
I want to update with same tables an online sql server with local data of a software. The online and local tables structures are the same, the name of the table also. I receive this error: Errore -2147217900 OLE DB provider "SQLNCLI" for linked server "(null)" returned message "Unspecified error". the code is: set connACC=Server.createobject("adodb.connection") connNostrosql1 = "Provider=SQLOLEDB;Data Source=**.**.**.**;database=030918ferwoodsrl;uid=**;pwd=**;" connACC.Open connNostrosql1 INSERT INTO MAGAnagrafica...

Server Error in '/' Application #3
I am in the process of implementing CRM 1.2 at my company. We are using both the web application and CRM for Outlook (SFO). Suddenly, some users (but not all!) are getting the following error message when trying to access CRM through Outlook (for example, when trying to open the CRM Accounts folder). Does anyone have a clue as to why this is happening, and how to fix it? Server Error in '/' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- The path '/Application_GlobalResources' maps to a directory outside this application...

How to change download settings?
How do I change the download settings for an account? I have not found anywhere a place where I can change the DOWNLOAD settings for an account, for example tell the software specifically that I want all the transactions for an account for the past 30 days to be downloaded. Do you know how to do that? In microsoft.public.money, D J wrote: >How do I change the download settings for an account? I have not found >anywhere a place where I can change the DOWNLOAD settings for an account, for >example tell the software specifically that I want all the transactions for >an ac...

If loop to change background color
Hi all, I currently have the following i loop within my Excel chart.. =IF(F4<F22,"Increase","Decrease" Generally, it says that if F4 is less than F22, then write Increase else write Decrease However, I already have a value on that cell which I dont want t change (i.e. not replaced by Increase or Decrease). Is it possible t change the background colour instead so that if F4 is less than F2 then change the background color to red or yellow -------- Message sent via www.excelforums.com what you want done, can be done in VBA (if you do not want to involv additional co...

how can i change my email address outgoing.
Ok, I have an email address which is 'piggy backed' to my normal email address so that anything from work comes through to my outllook account. When i receive mail it comes through as being sent to it ok. My question is how can i set it up so that my personal email doesn't show up on outgoing mail but shows as my business mail address thus looking more professional.? me2130 wrote: > Ok, I have an email address which is 'piggy backed' to my normal email > address so that anything from work comes through to my outllook account. > When i receiv...

change "behalf of" text / language
Hi, because we run a german version of Exchange 2003 / Outlook 2003 the text for outgoing mails sent behalf of another person is also in german language ("... im Auftrag von"). Because the majority of our email recipients is not german, we can not expect that they understand the words. Therefore we would like to change it by default to the english text which is "behalf of". How can we do that? Thanks for help and best regards Florian ...

nvarchar max
Hi We had a sql server databse on the web server which used ntext fields as it was in 2000 We ugraded to 2005 and recently i changed the ntext fields to nvarchar(MAX) so i could use distinct in sql Since then we have had massive problems with the server with sql consuming 90-100% of memory. I was not expecting any problems, and wondered if there were any issues with nvarchar(MAX) or if this was just a coincidence thanks jc Jonathan Crawford (jc@jcrawford.co.uk) writes: > We had a sql server databse on the web server which used ntext fields > as it ...

J.P. Morgan Chase bank changes
I just got a message from JP Morgan Chase Bank that we need to make changes to our setup in order to continue getting their downloads for Money. The instruction are 12 pages long (in PDF format) and seem rather complicated and involve canceling our existing on-line accounts with Chase. There is no explanation at all about why they are making these changes. Does anyone know (or can figure out) what is going on? Links to the instructions can be found at http://www.chase.com/cm/cs?pagename=Chase/Href&urlname=shared/crb/page/QuickenMoneyJan.jsp ..Thanks -- Peace, BobJ In microso...

How to change the text of tooltips on a toolbar at RunTime?
hi, How to change the text of tooltips on a toolbar button at Run Time? thanks, Behzad The only way I know of getting that done is to take over the tooltip display and set the text to display at that point. You will have to add these message handlers to your CMainFrame class ON_NOTIFY_EX_RANGE(TTN_NEEDTEXTW, 0, 0xFFFF, OnToolTipNotify) ON_NOTIFY_EX_RANGE(TTN_NEEDTEXTA, 0, 0xFFFF, OnToolTipNotify) Then within the OnToolTipNotify set the text of the tooltip struct that gets passed to you. Something like this BOOL CMainFrame::OnToolTipNotify(UINT, NMHDR* pNMHDR, LRESULT* pResult) {...