masquerade address

Hi,

 Exchange 5.5, anyway to set up a mailbox that will not reveal an internal
"Reply To" address? i.e. A user will be able to "Send As" or "On Behalf Of"
that mailbox, but external replies to it will generate NDRs.
TIA

 brandon

0
spam5298 (6)

Automatic contact/address inclusion in address book
Hi is there a way to include everybody who either sends me a mail or to whom i send a mail AUTOMATICALLY in the contac/address book? regards gabriel The former no one would ever want. For the latter, no current versions of Outlook have the ability to add recipients automatically to your Contacts Folder. Only the long abandoned IMO mode of Outlook 98/2000 did that. To automatically add the email address of people you respond to your Contacts Folder requires code: http://www.outlookcode.com/d/code/autoaddrecip.htm -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "ggs" <truthnospam@icon.c...

ghost address or alias
Using Exchange 2003 about a month ago, i deleted a user (lets call him michael) from AD using ADUC, and confirmed the deletion of the mailbox. Ever since doing this, when ever a mail is sent to another user (lets call him mark), the sender receives an NDR for the user that was deleted(michael). Mark still received the mail. I have checked mark,s aliases and any mailbox rules he may have, but can't seem to find anything related to the "michael" address. Any ideas??? Tx Sean One more thing i just realised: This only occurs with calendar items (i.e appointments/invites) &qu...

Address Book Contacts Folders
Hi: I have a friend using OE6 and somehow he has contacts listed in both the Shared Contacts and Main Identity's Contacts folders. All my contacts are listed in the Main Identity's Contacts folder and I have never seen any in the Shared Contacts folder. What is the purpose of the Shared Contacts folder versus it's sub folder Main Identity's Contacts ? Also having contacts listed in both folders what would be the recommended action for him to take? I would think to place all them in the Main Identity's Contacts folder, but I want to be sure. Is thi...

how do I transfer old XP address book to new vista computer
how do I transfer old XP address book to new vista computer We have no idea what you are asking. This is an Outlook group. Outlook does not even use an address book, and there is no "XP" version of Outlook. Clarify what it is you need to do and why you think it is an Outlook question. So far, you seem to be asking about operating systems, not Outlook. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "bob" <bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:58764E1E-33F6-4958-BFE2-1835040BDC6F@microsoft.com... > how do I transfer old XP address book to new vista computer ...

Addresses, addresses and more addresses
I've read thru many of the posts related to this subject but I haven't quite found what I'm looking for..... We have a client that has accounts and contacts with multiple addresses for both entities and we have yet to devise a decent solution for them to manage these various addresses. How to keep track of which one's to use and when? How to leverage the address name? What about the more addresses being separate from both of the entities. Has anyone dealt with this business issue? How have you dealt with it? Could you describe your scenario and how it was resolved? Hi...

MODIFYING SMTP EMAIL ADDRESS FOR GROUPS
HI, I'm trying to figure out how to edit or add a smtp email address for a group of email addresses. I've got several groups of email addresses, but I can't seem to find the properties under the active directory. It's straight forward for individual addresses. Any help is appreciated. you cannot see the "E-mail addresses" tab for your distribution groups? are you certain they are distribution/mail-enabled groups? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "merlin2049er" <merlin2049er@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:96F49221-A078-48BC-997D-A52F...

How to maintain company address book
Hello all, We have Exchange 2000 and Outlook 2003 clients. We have need to maintain a company wide, company accessible, address list for all users to use that can be maintained by the receptionist and I need some advice on how best to accomplish this. I know I can do this by going to ADUC and adding "contacts" but I need a solution that doesn't require me to have to allow the receptionist to run ADUC and have admin rights to do it. I know there are "address lists" that show up under the Exchange System Manager tool but I don't know how I'd go about maki...

New Problem... My Loop is only getting first eMail address... Please Help!
All, My Loop is only getting the first eMail address though it is reapeating the address the correct number of times. Now what am I doing wrong? Dim dbsCurrent As Database Dim rstRecords As Recordset Dim SendWhat As String SendWhat = "SELECT llListingID, pbeMailAddress FROM qryBuyerByCounty WHERE (llListingID)= " & Forms!frmSendeMailToMatchedBuyers!txtListingID & ";" Set dbsCurrent = CurrentDb() Set rstRecords = dbsCurrent.OpenRecordset(SendWhat, dbOpenDynaset, dbSeeChanges, dbOptimistic) With rstRecords Do Until .EOF txtTo = txtTo & pb...

Go To an address specfied in a cell
Hello Folks, Does anyone know how I can move the cursor to a cell, the address of which is specified in another cell? Here is the scenario. I enter a list of hours worked in a specfic week on a data entry sheet. I hit a button and the values are copied to a data summary sheet, the position depends on the Week No., the first cell is specfied as the address "Data!29" for Week 5. I reckon I can handle a recorded macro to copy and paste the data but how do I locate the correct start cell? I have tried copying and pasting into the GoTo box but that doesn't work. Data!J29 Wee...

Have contacts but not address book
Just upgraded from windows NT to 2000 Professional. I'm using outlook 98. I've successfully imported contacts etc. but when creating new mail message, I click on "To" button and have no addresses to select. Any help? You've provided no information that would permit a diagnosis. Post your mail support mode (line 2 of Help | About). Post the method used to import these Contacts. Post what you see in your Contacts Folder. Post what you _do_ see when you click on the To: button. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Scott Quigan" <squigan@hjhllc.com> wrote...

Hide email address.
Hi all, Due to security policy, I would like to hide my Email address from others in Outlook 2003, When i am sending message to someone, I don't want the recipents should see my email address, whe he/she receives my email. Pls help. Thanks, Sorry, this is not a valid request. You could be easily mistaken now for a scriptkiddie trying to send unsolicited e-mail. There is no company that has a security policy to hide the sender's e-mail address. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 ...

From address shows compelte SMTP address
When a mail is send from mainframe to a DL in exchange the from address does not get resolved. It like when the mail comes in it shows the entire SMTP address insted of the display name. Any idea. E2k3 -- Manoj What is it supposed to get resolved to? Does the mainframe have a mailbox or other mail-enabled object in AD? If not, there is nothing to resolve. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne Read my blog! http://winzenz.blogspot.com http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed) "manoj" <manoj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1244E46B-B8F5...

Cannot see mailboxes in Global Address list
When we open an mailbox using outlook on an Exchange 2003 server we do not see the mailboxes specific to that server in the Global Address List. We just performed a restore of the database. I know that MS does not support this config, but it was working previosly. All permissions appear to be correct. Thanks in advance for any help or thoughts. ...

Country in Collection letter addresses
The Collection Letter address fields for the Letter Writing Assistant don't include Country. Country is needed for Multi National customer letters. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbr...

Reply from address
I have several email accounts set up on my machine. By default, my Outlook 2003 automatically selects the receiving account when I click the reply button, and I wondered whether I could set Outlook automatically to select a default account (in other words, NOT the one on which the email was received)? TIA If possible, change the outgoing details on all your accounts to match the details you want. "Trent SC" <invalid@bogoff.invalid> wrote in message news:eCC0m4WNHHA.3596@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I have several email accounts set up on my machine. By default, my ...

Two recipients are configured with the same e-mail address. #5.1.4
We are a small church office that recently migrated our contact information out an old access database into AD Exchange 2003. The problem is we have lots of family based information and children generally do not have individual email addresses so we have always used a concept called family email. If I wanted to send an email to Billy about his Sunday School homework, the message would go to the "family" email. Since all of the minor children in this family all have this same "family" email address, exchange is having fits and I'm getting one NDR #5.1.4 after a...

Importing addresses from Excel
I need to import addresses from excel. However when I do, the zeroes as the first number in the zip code does not come over. Also, e-mail addresses get truncated. Any suggestions? ...

SBS 2008
I need a little help with this task, right know I have my domain name and DNS records at Network Solutions and have an MX record pointing to my external IP address. I do have my firewall then forwarding this to my internal SBS IP and I also have setup Reverse DNS (PTR Record) with my ISP for my external IP and mail.mydomain.com. Now here is the question if I have all of this setup, and I am going to use the "I want to manage the domain name myself" in the suffix I have the default "remote", should I change this to "mail" to match these records (more...

how do I sort email address, dedupes,check for errors in a docume.
It would be more helpful, more polite, and more likely to get answered if you put a meaningful heading, and asked your question in the body of the request, with details on your data and what you may have tried so far. This sort of question is too vague to get any meaningful help. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "varun" <varun@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E1998D57-9324-4E3D-A021-16A0801F5DA4@microsoft.com... > 1. select your range to sort, then Data|sort 2. See Chip Pearson's site: http://www.cpears...

address
help can anyone tell me how to always have address in bottom corner LMDEAN <rldeacon@btconnect.com> wrote: > help can anyone tell me how to always have address in bottom corner Are you referring to Outlook or Outlook Express and are you referring to an Address pane? Outlook doesn't have that feature. For Outlook Express, ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. Hint: View>Layout. -- Brian Tillman ...

CANNOT Change Primary Email Address
Greetings... I'm trying to change the primary email address for some users and it seems to work when I click "Set to Primary," but it actually has no effect. When I open up the user again, the primary email address is as it was before. ARGH! Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance for a prompt response. Victor What version of Exchange? Victor Rodriguez wrote: > Greetings... > > I'm trying to change the primary email address for some > users and it seems to work when I click "Set to Primary," > but it actually has no effect. ...

IP Address control
Hi, I have two questions regarding this stupid control. I use CIPAddressCtrl to access it. 1. How do I make it read only? I can disable it, but then the text is gray, while I want it black as an ordinary edit box which is set as read only. 2. Why does it send an IPN_FIELDCHANGED even when I'm just using the arrow keys? With an address like 192.168.1.111, it sends this message when I'm on the single digit entry "1", which is quite annoying. The address isn't changed! Anyone knows of an easy workaround? thanks /Glenn I haven't done this but you could try deriving...

Outlook 2000 email address setup
Please - How do I give my Outlook 2000 an email adress? I am not able either to send or receive emails in this email program. Broadly; you need to set up mail account(s) using the info supplied by yr ISP If you have a functioning Outlook Express you can Import Account settings. "freefolios" <freefolios@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DCDBB954-8EEC-4964-AD38-F8D6D92E755B@microsoft.com... > Please - > > How do I give my Outlook 2000 an email adress? > > I am not able either to send or receive emails in this email program. > See help, abo...

Billing Address on Service Call Entry Screen
When in the service call entry screen, if you have selected a peice of equipment, which is covered under a support contract, the billing address changes to the billing address of the contract. However, if you subsequently remove the service call from being covered under the contract, the billing address should revert back to the billing address on firstly the service debtor extensions card, or the billing address on the debtor card. It currently does not. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote fo...

E2k3 OWA
Users have begun reporting a problem - from OWA they cannot reveal the smtp address of messages they receive from other Exchange users that have their accounts hidden from the GAL. They are able to reply to the messages, but if you try to switch to a cc or bcc it fails. From other clients (Outlook, POP, IMAP) it works fine - they can see the SMTP address. Is there a solution to this, it's quite annoying? I suspect this has happened after the latest patches, but can't be certain. -GT I suspect this is happening because of the way OWA queries the GAL (other clients use LDA...