Married names shows in outlook

We have a couple of users that have either married or divorced in the last
few years.  In Outlook when you enter their name it will display the old name
in <> of course this causing some confusion.  How do you deal with this.  As
an example if you look at a user it would be Jill Smith <Joldname> when you
enter their name in outlook.  We have located this with our AD
msExchADCGlobalNames but we feel there has to be some way of handling peoples
name changing so that they display properly.  We use Exchange 2k3 with 2k3
DC's.
0
ScottF (5)

"scott f" <scottf@discussions.microsoft.com> ha scritto nel messaggio

> We have a couple of users that have either married or divorced in the last
> few years.  In Outlook when you enter their name it will display the old
> name
> in <> of course this causing some confusion.  How do you deal with this.
> As
> an example if you look at a user it would be Jill Smith <Joldname> when
> you
> enter their name in outlook.  We have located this with our AD
> msExchADCGlobalNames but we feel there has to be some way of handling
> peoples name changing so that they display properly.  We use Exchange 2k3
> with 2k3 DC's.

If people names (or any other attribute) change, you need to handle this in
their AD user properties, i.e. through ADUC.

Massimo

0
barone (90)
8/9/2005 5:25:55 PM
We have changed all the areas within ADUC to match their new name but it
still appears with their old name.  It appears to be stuck within AD and the
only way we can see it is to edit the AD database.

"Massimo" wrote:

> "scott f" <scottf@discussions.microsoft.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
>
> > We have a couple of users that have either married or divorced in the last
> > few years.  In Outlook when you enter their name it will display the old
> > name
> > in <> of course this causing some confusion.  How do you deal with this.
> > As
> > an example if you look at a user it would be Jill Smith <Joldname> when
> > you
> > enter their name in outlook.  We have located this with our AD
> > msExchADCGlobalNames but we feel there has to be some way of handling
> > peoples name changing so that they display properly.  We use Exchange 2k3
> > with 2k3 DC's.
>
> If people names (or any other attribute) change, you need to handle this in
> their AD user properties, i.e. through ADUC.
>
> Massimo

0
ScottF (5)
8/9/2005 5:41:05 PM
On Tue, 9 Aug 2005 10:12:09 -0700, "scott f"
<scottf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>We have a couple of users that have either married or divorced in the last
>few years.  In Outlook when you enter their name it will display the old name
>in <> of course this causing some confusion.  How do you deal with this.  As
>an example if you look at a user it would be Jill Smith <Joldname> when you
>enter their name in outlook.  We have located this with our AD
>msExchADCGlobalNames but we feel there has to be some way of handling peoples
>name changing so that they display properly.  We use Exchange 2k3 with 2k3
>DC's.

I'm thinking that you're seeing the NK2 file in action. Does this
happen as you type a name into the To field in Outlook? If that's the
case then do a search and delete the NK2 file from the users profiles.
0
mark7219 (5666)
8/9/2005 6:01:10 PM
That is exactly where we see the problem, I deleted the .nk2 file but this
clears the history only and did not resolve the problem.  It appears to be
stored in AD, I would think that there must be a way to handle this situation.

"Mark Arnold [MVP]" wrote:

> On Tue, 9 Aug 2005 10:12:09 -0700, "scott f"
> <scottf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >We have a couple of users that have either married or divorced in the last
> >few years.  In Outlook when you enter their name it will display the old name
> >in <> of course this causing some confusion.  How do you deal with this.  As
> >an example if you look at a user it would be Jill Smith <Joldname> when you
> >enter their name in outlook.  We have located this with our AD
> >msExchADCGlobalNames but we feel there has to be some way of handling peoples
> >name changing so that they display properly.  We use Exchange 2k3 with 2k3
> >DC's.
>
> I'm thinking that you're seeing the NK2 file in action. Does this
> happen as you type a name into the To field in Outlook? If that's the
> case then do a search and delete the NK2 file from the users profiles.

0
ScottF (5)
8/9/2005 7:52:05 PM
have you checked the "Alias" field on the Exchange Advanced tab in AD?
"scott f" <scottf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We have a couple of users that have either married or divorced in the last
> few years.  In Outlook when you enter their name it will display the old
name
> in <> of course this causing some confusion.  How do you deal with this.
As
> an example if you look at a user it would be Jill Smith <Joldname> when
you
> enter their name in outlook.  We have located this with our AD
> msExchADCGlobalNames but we feel there has to be some way of handling
peoples
> name changing so that they display properly.  We use Exchange 2k3 with 2k3
> DC's.

0
Steve
8/9/2005 10:26:19 PM
On Tue, 9 Aug 2005 12:52:05 -0700, "scott f"
<scottf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>That is exactly where we see the problem, I deleted the .nk2 file but this
>clears the history only and did not resolve the problem.  It appears to be
>stored in AD, I would think that there must be a way to handle this situation.
>
>"Mark Arnold [MVP]" wrote:

If you enter the recipient name in the To and then Alt K to check
name, and the old name comes up then you need to double check the
Display Name.
0
mark7219 (5666)

Installed Outlook in server mode + can't change to internet mode!
I selected MSExchange server in haste and thought, ok I could change it afterwards to internet, like it should be. Now all is greyed out and I can't change anything. Reinstall does not help. What does? Where is the back door on this? Help! Cupholder <Cupholder@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I selected MSExchange server in haste and thought, ok I could change > it afterwards to internet, like it should be. > Now all is greyed out and I can't change anything. Reinstall does not > help. What does? Where is the back door on this? Use the Mail applet in Control...

resources not showing up
I previously wrote in yesterday asking why resources would quit showing up. I have determined that the resources that are not showing up have been moved to a new mail server that runs Exchange 03, they were on a 2k Exchange box. Can someone tell me what I need to do to fix this? When using Outlook to send meeting requests and then go to choose resources, filter by resources, some of them don't show up. ...

Error message: Cannot start MS Office Outlook
I'm running XP with all the updates. I have outlook 2007 pro and have been using it successfully for months. I was using Outlook this morning with no problem. Closed it. Went on to other things. wanted to recheck my email this afternoon and got the following error message when I clicked on the icon to open Outlook: Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. What I've done so far: restored my computer to this past Sunday, used control panel add/remove programs to repair Office 2007, completely reinstalled Office 2007, checked that I had ...

Outlook Express #39
Have had Express for a year. Today it started "bouncing messages". I deleted a significant amount of stored messages to create room. Still getting bounced message. Any ideas? Paul Novak wrote: > Have had Express for a year. Today it started "bouncing > messages". I deleted a significant amount of stored > messages to create room. Still getting bounced message. > > Any ideas? this newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97/98/2000/2002/2003(beta) from the Office suite of products. Outlook Express is actually a separate program despite the similar name. For ...

Budget
Just updated to M2004[trial] from M2001. In Budget in the 'Special' category I'm showing transfers out of one Money account into another as a one-sided expense. I've transferred a goodly amount around in the last year and this is really throwing my income vs expense planning off. The accounts in question have the blocks checked for including them in budget planning. What have I done wrong? Thanks, Mike ...

New Machine, from Outlook 2003 to 2007
Hello, I am having an issue that I would imagine others have had too, but I'm unable to find a solution on the newsgroups or internet. Here is the situation: * My old laptop was XP with Outlook 2003 * I have just received a new laptop with Vista and Outlook 2007 * On my old laptop, i have MANY email addresses that are NOT saved as contacts, but that would auto-fill for me when I began to type their name in Outlook 2003 * Now on my new laptop, Outlook 2007 doesn't have that same auto-fill list so I've lost those email addresses When I moved from Outlook 2003 to 2003 before, ...

User gets married
I have a user who has just gotten married, need to know if there is a way to have to email address on one mailbox? You can leave the original SMTP address and simply add the new one to her account. You can then also set the new SMTP to be her default reply to address but any email sent to the original will still be accepted as inbound. "David Marcotte" wrote: > I have a user who has just gotten married, need to know if there is a way to > have to email address on one mailbox? David, The easiest was to accomplish this is the edit the user in Active Directory Users and...

Cannot Customize Outlook Today #8
One of my users cannot customize outlook today when running Windows XP Pro and Office 2000 Pro. I noticed that another one of my users can when running Windows 2000 Pro and Office 2000 pro. Why is this? Is there a work-a- round for this? Please advise. Thank you. "Brian" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:524001c3e507$0e9abea0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > One of my users cannot customize outlook today when > running Windows XP Pro and Office 2000 Pro. I noticed > that another one of my users can when running Windows 2000 > Pro and Office 2...

referencing cells in relation to named Cells
Not sure if this is possible but have named cells a1:a8 named as test01 what i want to do is in formulas be able to use =countif(test01+ 4 colomns),"Test") eg want to be able to use say e1:e8 in a formula but not have to use references each time have got a lot of formulas that use this range ?1:?8 and want to be able to simplify the way the formulas work can anyone help with this PS using Excel 2003 Not sure if Iam going about this the right way but any solution would be great Thanks Damien You can try something like this: =COUNTIF(INDEX(A1:E8,,5),"Test") Where...

Outlook Find Not Working
Using Exchange 2003 / Outlook 2003: I recently had to rebuild my Exchange server. Since then the Outlook find feature is not working, unless Cached Mode is enabled. Full-text indexing is enabled. Help!! ...

Outlook Callender Use
We have a number of engineers who are based on the road who use smart phones to pickup email and thier callender etc. Using crm can our office based staff update our engineers callenders and schedule appointments for them? Callender sync works fine at the moment using exchange server activesync ...

number names
Is there a formula in excel which allows you to convert numbers to th respective number names? e.g. 21 will be retunred as "twenty one -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi, Not as far as I know. You will probably have to write a macro do it. I'll try to write one and post it to my website at: http://www.geocities.com/excelmarksway Keep an eye out for it in the next couple of days. I can send it to you if you write to me and tell me your number range. excelmarksway@yahoo.com.au regards Mark >-----Original Message----- >Is there a formula in excel which ...

Using sound card, speakers and microphone with Outlook
I am partially deaf and it would be very helpful if I could place telephone calls through Outlook using the sound card, microphone and speakers installed on my computer rather than the telephone handset. BVRP's Phone Tools offers this ability but it is an extremely buggy program at present, containing an answering machine, fax abilities and other bells and whistles that I don't need and compromise the ability to simply dial from my Outlook contacts list. Any suggestions will be appreciated. ...

How to find Proxy server name in MFC?
I have an MFC application that uses CInternetSession, CHttpConnection and CHttpFile to fetch data. One of my users, uses a "configuration script" to determine the proxy server. I want to find out the actual proxy server name and port, so that I can pass it on to a dotnet component that interops with this MFC application, as the dotnet does not support dynamic proxy settings. Is it possible to find out what is the name of the actual proxy server and the port the user is connecting to for each request through one of the above mentioned classes or any other MFC methods? Thanks ...

Meeting Requests in Outlook
I have SBS Exchange 2003. When I send a meeting request to one of my users(A), I will get a "user doesn't exist" error from another email address(B) that doesn't exist anymore. How would it be forwarding to (B) if that user doesn't exist anymore and that user was removed from (A)'s delegates? Hi, Please check if user A was delegate of user B and check if user A shows up as delegate of the other users. Maybe the checkbox 'Delegate recieves copies of meeting-related messages sent to me.' is still on for user A on one of the meeting request recipients....

Renaming Partial File Names

show CButton as clicked down
Hi there, is it possible to show a normal CButton as clicked down in a MFC-Dialog ? Thanks Kai Ummm Paint it by yourself by handling the CButton::OnPaint(), but this requires you to make your own CButton derived class. Or handle the DrawItem() of the dialog, this requires the Style of the button to be Owner Drawn.. Regards, Fahad Ashfaque "Kai Oelkers" wrote: > Hi there, > > is it possible to show a normal CButton as clicked down in a MFC-Dialog ? > > Thanks > Kai > > > >is it possible to show a normal CButton as clicked down in a MFC-Di...

printing a list of file names for images in a Publisher document
I have about 35 Publisher booklets each of which contain on average 25 images, linked from files. For documentation purposes I want to get a printed list of all the image files used in each document. I can use the Tools-->Graphics Manager to display a list of the linked files, but I can not then copy this list, eg to Word. Is there any way you can suggest to solve this ? The graphics manager is a tear-off menu, which means you can lengthen it. Do a print screen and paste into Paint, crop. Any capture program will work. I tried the OCR, didn't work. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP ...

Outlook 97 and HTML mails
I'm using Outlook 97 in the office and we have an Exchange server 2000. I'm receiving some mails written as HTML with a logo in it. When I receive the mail, the html-text comes as normal not formattet text, and the logo comes attached (gif-file). Why do I not get the html-text attached to the mail? Regards Jens Upgrade to a newer version as Outlook 97 is pre HTML and doesnt support it. "Jens" <i_want_no_spam@internet.com> wrote in message news:OiPWAsvnEHA.1152@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I'm using Outlook 97 in the office and we have an Exchange server 2000. ...

Retrieving e-mail from Outlook doesn't work on Public Folder
Hello, The code below works pefectly on my own inbox, but dies on Pubic Folders. VBA says the Mailobject does not support the "To" property, but only when I access mail in Public Folders. Dim TempRst As DAO.Recordset Dim rst As DAO.Recordset Dim olapp As Outlook.Application Dim Inbox As Outlook.MAPIFolder Dim InboxItems As Outlook.Items Dim Mailobject As Object 'Outlook.MailItem 'Object Dim db As DAO.Database Dim dealer As Integer DoCmd.RunSQL "Delete * from EMail_temp" Set db = CurrentDb ...

Resolving a name+email ID pair correctly, with a Ctrl+K
Hi, I am developing an HR app. The data of the contacts is in an Access 2000 database. Whenever I double-click on a contact, the Access 2000 app opens a draft email message in Outlook 2000 with the To... set to: FirstName LastName [EmailID] When I press Ctrl+K, this resolves correctly on my (development) PC to "FirstName LastName" with the email ID "tucked" under the underlined name as an SMTP address. The person "FirstName Lastname" is not part of my Outlook contacts. However, this behavior is not seen on the PCs of end users. After the Ctrl+K, the To...

Using named ranges in AdvacendFilter statement
The statement Sheets("Cash Bks").Range("CashBookData").AdvancedFilter _ Action:=xlFilterCopy, _ CriteriaRange:=Range("DieselCriteria"), _ CopyToRange:=Range("DieselOutputRange"), Unique:=False works but it gives the error "Method 'Range' of object '_Worksheet' failed" without the Sheets("Cash Bks") part as in Range("CashBookData").AdvancedFilter _ Action:=xlFilterCopy, _ CriteriaRange:=Range("DieselCriteria"), _ CopyToRange:=Range("DieselOutputR...

File Naming for Picture Order
I want my photos within a folder to appear in a certain order and want them in numberical order; however, when I put them in numerical order and get past 9 (into 2 digit numbers) the order gets all whacky. bjackson wrote: > I want my photos within a folder to appear in a certain order and > want them in numberical order; however, when I put them in numerical > order and get past 9 (into 2 digit numbers) the order gets all whacky. ======================= Instead of... 1, 2, 3,.....10, 11, 12... Try this... 0001, 0002, 0003,.....0010, 0011, 0012 If you are batch renumbering the f...

Syncing Appointment/Tasks With Outlook Calendar
We keep having a problem when creating appointments and tasks, they will not show up on the Outlook calendar or task list. I can fix the problem by reinstalling the forms: CRM appointment.fdm and CRM Task.fdm but does anyone know how to fix this problem for good or know why it happens after it works for awhile. Thanks- Kelly ------=_NextPart_0001_49059475 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Kelly~ To resolve this problem disable and then enable contacts, appointments and tasks to sync to Outlook. I have provided the instructions below. 1. On the Microso...

preview images in outlook like outlook express
Do you know of a product add-on that allows you to preview attachments to outlook in the same way that can be done with outlook express??? ...