MAPI "OpenMsgStore" failed - 8004011d-0519-00000000

Help this is the error I am getting:

The MAPI call 'OpenMsgStore' failed with the following
error:
The MAPI provider failed.
Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store
ID no: 8004011d-0519-00000000

Source: MSExchangeSA
Category: MAPI Session
EventID: 9175

This shows up about once a min. in the event log  -  but
everything seems to be working OK.

This is a new Exchange 2003 setup - We had a single label
domain on our old server - To fix, I installed a new sever
and used EXMERGE to try to bring mail over from the old
server.  While trying to get EXMERGE to work on the new
server to bring the mailboxes in, I had to change some
permissions. I did it wrong and was no longer able to
mount the PRIV1 Store.  I deleted the PRIV1 Store and made
a new PRVI1  -  I then added all the users and and brought
the mail in.  Everything seems to be working OK  -  except
the error message.

My guess of what is wrong is that the "System Attendent"
mailbox was on the PRIV1 store that I deleted. It does not
exist on the current PRIV1 Store.  I can't figure out how
to fix this -  any help would be appercaited

Dan
0
anonymous (74719)

Any help from
http://support.microsoft.com/search/default.aspx?InCC_hdn=true&Catalog=LCID%3D1033%26CDID%3DEN-US-KB%26PRODLISTSRC%3DON&withinResults=&QuerySource=gASr_Query&Product=msall&Queryc=MSExchangeSA+9175&Query=MSExchangeSA+9175&KeywordType=ALL&maxResults=150&Titles=false&numDays=&InCC=on

--
Help fight spam - designate sending servers for your domain.
http://spf.pobox.com

0
kpalagin5422 (293)
6/15/2004 7:00:46 PM
Thank you for your response - I reviewed all those links
and made a couple adjustments but I am still getting the
error message.  I will restart the server in the morning
to be sure.

Per KB321102 - I put the exchange server in Native mode
(it had been in mixed mode) -

Per KB274534 - I did find that there were 2 system
mailboxes in the AD - I did delete the one that did not
belong

Per KB 328229 - I doubled checked the minium permissions -
all seems ok

Per KB 316709 - I checked PolicyTest -all seems OK

I think it is related to the "System Attendent" -  On the
old install there was a "System Attendent" mailbox - on
the new install there is not.

0
anonymous (74719)
6/15/2004 8:46:17 PM
If reboot fails to help you can open support case with MS PSS. E-mailing
them will be less expensive than calling.

--
Help fight spam - designate sending servers for your domain.
http://spf.pobox.com

0
kpalagin5422 (293)
6/16/2004 3:19:13 AM
Thank you for your help - The problem is not completely
solved yet, but I do know what to do next.  After the
restart I was able to identify a different error that I
think I have solved with the next restart -  The first
error I have is 9519  - I think exchange is beliving that
I did a restore.  I have changed the properties so
that "database can be overwritte by a restore"  -  I have
to restart to be sure, but I think that will fix the
problem.

0
anonymous (74719)

OpenMsgStore error message
Approximately every minute I am receiving an OpenMsgStore error message on my Frontend Exchange Server. I don't have a Mailbox Store or Public Folder Store mounted since this is the front end server. Does one of these need to be mounted to avoid the below error message and will mounting one of these stores raise any other complications? The MAPI call 'OpenMsgStore' failed with the following error: The Microsoft Exchange Server computer is not available. Either there are network problems or the Microsoft Exchange Server computer is down f...

The MAPI call 'OpenMsgStore' failed with the following error:
Morning all, For the last two days I've encountered this error in the Exchange logs resulting in Exchange being offline to staff. A restart of the server brings Exchange straight back to life - any ideas? It's Exchange 2003 Enterprise running on Windows 2003. The MAPI call 'OpenMsgStore' failed with the following error: The Microsoft Exchange Server computer is not available. Either there are network problems or the Microsoft Exchange Server computer is down for maintenance. The MAPI provider failed. Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store ID no: 8004011d-0526-...

The MAPI call 'OpenMsgStore' failed with the following error
Hey, I have made a recovery storage group and I try to restore a single mailbox but I get this failure and Had tryed to set permissions for mailbox stores and public folders store, but it still gives me these failures. Is there anyone that can help me??? Se these failures.... The MAPI call 'OpenMsgStore' failed with the following error: The attempt to log on to the Microsoft Exchange Server computer has failed. The MAPI provider failed. Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store ID no: 8004011d-0512-00000000 Unable to get an administrative interface to the mailbox store on serve...

The MAPI call 'OpenMsgStore' failed with the following error #3
I 'v got this message after installing Exchange 2003 server. Everythings seems to be allright under setup, but when I go to the Application logg the message under comes every minute. The MAPI call 'OpenMsgStore' failed with the following error: The Microsoft Exchange Server computer is not available. Either there are network problems or the Microsoft Exchange Server computer is down for maintenance. The MAPI provider failed. Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store ID no: 8004011d-0526-00000000 I'v checked many internett sites but didn't find any good solution. ...

The MAPI Call 'OpenMsgStore' Failed with the Following Error #2
I am having a problem with an Exchange 2003 server. I recieve the following errors in the Event Viewer: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeSA Event Category: Monitoring Event ID: 1005 Date: 4/13/2006 Time: 1:08:50 AM User: N/A Computer: QA1 Description: Unexpected error <<0xc1050000 - Network problems are preventing connection to the Microsoft Exchange Server computer. An unexpected, unknown error has occurred. Microsoft Exchange Server Information Store ID no: 80040115-0514-000006d9>> occurred. -and- Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeSA Event Category: MAPI S...