Manually run message rules on the server

Hi,

Is there a way to run message rules (created by the end-user on Outlook) on the server, say on a daily basis ?

The reason is that that person has ~50 rules, moving all incoming messages from his inbox to specific folders. Since he now owns a BES-enabled BlackBerry, these rules prevent him from getting his emails onto his handheld. The idea would be to run all the rules once a day, on his behalf, on the server.

Exchange 2007 SP1

Thanks

Christian
0
Christian

Some rules, like moving messages to another folder in the same mailbox, will
run server-side by default, depending on how they're created.  I believe
that non-server-side rules will have "on this machine only" selected.
--
Ed Crowley MVP
..

"Christian" <user@msgroups.net/> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Is there a way to run message rules (created by the end-user on Outlook)
> on the server, say on a daily basis ?
>
> The reason is that that person has ~50 rules, moving all incoming messages
> from his inbox to specific folders. Since he now owns a BES-enabled
> BlackBerry, these rules prevent him from getting his emails onto his
> handheld. The idea would be to run all the rules once a day, on his
> behalf, on the server.
>
> Exchange 2007 SP1
>
> Thanks
>
> Christian
>
> ---
> frmsrcurl:

0
Ed
1/5/2010 11:47:59 PM
Thanks for the reply Ed.

Indeed, all of his rules are about moving incoming messages to folders in his mailbox. Is there a cmdlet or any other way to run them manually (cmdlet for instance) ?

Christian
0
Christian
1/6/2010 3:10:25 PM
Look at the rule and see if it says "on this machine only".  Try clearing
that checkbox and the rule should run automatically on the server without
you having to do anything.  If it doesn't run automatically, post the
complete rule settings here for more advice.
--
Ed Crowley MVP
..

> Thanks for the reply Ed.
>
> Indeed, all of his rules are about moving incoming messages to folders in
> his mailbox. Is there a cmdlet or any other way to run them manually
> (cmdlet for instance) ?
>
> Christian
>
> ---
> frmsrcurl:
> http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.exchange.admin/Manually-run-message-rules-on-the-server

0
Ed
1/6/2010 4:09:31 PM
They are all server-side rules. But I don't want them to run automatically, only when I want to. Thus my question regarding any existing cmdlet to do that.
0
Christian
1/6/2010 5:17:11 PM
You can make them non-server-side rules.
--
Ed Crowley MVP
..

> They are all server-side rules. But I don't want them to run
> automatically, only when I want to. Thus my question regarding any
> existing cmdlet to do that.
>
> ---
> frmsrcurl:
> http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.exchange.admin/Manually-run-message-rules-on-the-server

0
Ed
1/6/2010 6:01:24 PM
I'm afraid you didn't understand my case: an end-user creates message rules on Outlook, just to move incoming messages to folders in his mailbox, but doesn't enable them. Once defined, I, as an Exchange admin, want to _manually_ run them on the server, using cmdlet if possible.
No such capability exists.  You would have to have custom code developed to
do that, and I can't fathom what the cost would be.
--
Ed Crowley MVP
..

"cgregoir99" <user@msgroups.net/> wrote in message
> I'm afraid you didn't understand my case: an end-user creates message
> rules on Outlook, just to move incoming messages to folders in his
> mailbox, but doesn't enable them. Once defined, I, as an Exchange admin,
> want to _manually_ run them on the server, using cmdlet if possible.
>
> ---
> frmsrcurl:
> http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.exchange.admin/Manually-run-message-rules-on-the-server

0
Ed
1/6/2010 9:10:18 PM
Do the folder redirection from his BB. If he's got 50 folders, it's
tedious but this may be his only option. This will allow you to choose
which folders\subfolders get reconciled with the device.

messages --> options --> email settings --> CLICK THE TRACKWHEEL -->
select folder redirection from the menu.

James Chong (MVP)
MCITP | EA | EMA; MCSE | M+, S+
Security+, Project+, ITIL
msexchangetips.blogspot.com

On Jan 5, 5:53=A0pm, Christian <u...@msgroups.net/> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a way to run message rules (created by the end-user on Outlook) =
on the server, say on a daily basis ?

> The reason is that that person has ~50 rules, moving all incoming message=
s from his inbox to specific folders. Since he now owns a BES-enabled Black=
Berry, these rules prevent him from getting his emails onto his handheld. T=
he idea would be to run all the rules once a day, on his behalf, on the ser=
ver.

> Exchange 2007 SP1
>
> Thanks
>
> Christian
>
> ---
> frmsrcurl:

0
Jamestechman

Which 'event' to run pivot chart formatting code on file open?
Greetings I have code to change my pivot chart type to a mix of line and column also to refomat colours I need to run the code so that the user sees the changes when the file is opened Ive tried the 'workbook open' event and the chart activate event but noy joy so far. (Once the file is open, manualy triggering the code works perfectly) Any ideas? Thanks I don't know why workbook_open doesn't work. You could use Application.OnTime to run your code a short time (like 2 sec) after the workbook opens. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://Peltier...

getting a macro to run X amount of times..
Hey all, I have a macro that I need to run the amount of time equal to the last value in a list which will change in a monthly basis. I tried to get it with a for loop but I don't know how to get it to run a cetain amount of times, should I be using some kind of count and array or is there a very simple way of doing this. The macro is below if any one has any thoughts: Sub tesIncrement20() Range("D108:R108").Select Selection.Copy Windows("test").Activate Sheets("cal").Select Range("B1").Select Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlValues, Operat...

Outlook 2003 Rules not running
I have created 3 outlook rules to move mail from 3 seperate pop3 accounts to seperate folders. When mail arrives it all ends up in my default inbox. The only way to make the rules run is to do it manually. Any help would be appreciated. Anyone? >-----Original Message----- >I have created 3 outlook rules to move mail from 3 >seperate pop3 accounts to seperate folders. When mail >arrives it all ends up in my default inbox. The only way >to make the rules run is to do it manually. Any help >would be appreciated. >. > do they eventually run if you leave outlook op...

Manual backup of exchange.
I am having VSS errors while trying to backup my database. What ever backup app I use, shows a successful backup. However the eventviewer in exchange is telling me the backup failed. Right now my biggest concern is making sure I have a good backup. I plan on addressing the vss issue this weekend. for now, How do I make a manual backup? Do I stop the information store and manually copy the database and logs? What specifically do I need to copy? Any help is appreciated. I forgot to mention that its exchange 2007, Server 2008. "Brian" <brokenframe@hotmail.com>...

sending outlook messages to another computer on a wireless networ.
Is there any way of forwarding outlook messages from one computer on a wireless network to another. The two computers have different versions of outlook so exporting the .pst file doesn't work? ...

OWA Gives "forbidden" message when creating, deleting e-mails or selecting recipients since upg to 2003
ever since we upgraded from 2000 to 2003, anytime you try to delete e-mail or send a new message, or add a recipient to your e-mail you get a "forbidden" Message. So basically, OWA is useless to us, we can only read e-mail Any help you can provide will be appreciated Thanks. ...

Running MS-Publisher 2002 and MS-Publisher 98
In my computer I have two disks C and E. I upgraded from MS-Publisher 98 to Microsoft 2002. Now,if I want to run both versions of MSPub. How can I do it? Can I install 2002 in C and 98 in E without one conflicting with the other? I don't want MSPUB-98 to take over the files already saved as MSPUB-2002 and viceversa. I don't know why you couldn't. I have Pub 2000 and 2002 on this system and they play together just fine. I did have to change the directory where it loaded so that it didn't overwrite the older version. Now admittedly I have full versions of both - not upgra...

Odd problem when running purify
Hi, I have created a simple SDI application, which has a custom toolbar. It runs fine in both debug and release modes, however when I run it with Purify enabled I get an error message saying "Failed to create empty document". I have traced this down to the m_wndStatusBar.Create function call which is failing (when I have purify enabled). if (! m_wndStatusBar.Create(this) || ! m_wndStatusBar.SetIndicators(indicators, sizeof(indicators) / sizeof(UINT))) { TRACE0("Failed to create status bar\n"); return -1; // fail to create } I have tried revertin...

Email message with Word or Excel file attached
Hi everyone and thanks for any help you can offer. One of you guys always seems to have the answer I need. I'm running XP Pro and Office 2007. I have my email set up in Outlook so that when I create a new blank message it already has my signature block in the document. When I'm working in Word or Excel and want to send the file I'm working as an email attachment, I go to the MS button, select Send as an attachment and it opens a blank Email message with the file already attached. Great - except the email message does not have my default signature block. Is...

How do I manually flag to exit Context Sensitive Help mode
I have overridden the OnSysCommand() routine in my dialog class implementation file to catch the SC_CONTEXTHELP message (When the user clicks on the ? button in the title bar). I'm cating this message so that I can bring up my own help dialog that describes the entire dialog instead of making the user click on a dialog item after clicking on the ? button. My problem is that the ? button stays depressed (Indicating it's currently in Context help mode) if for some reason the help dialog doesn't come up. There's got to be some flag that I set to indicate that we're out of cont...

How to paste animation in publisher for an email message
In a MS Publisher document, I have pasted animated bmp & gif files. When I send the doc by MS Outlook email, the animation doesn't work when the message is pulled up. Is there a special way to paste & activate animation in Publisher? This is not an option in Publisher. Publisher automatically changes the animated images to normal images. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Flyboy" <Flyboy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

Is there a PDF manual for 2003
It there a PDF Manual for Publisher 2003? Yvonne Publisher does not create PDF. Therefore, no Manual. If you have a PDF "printer" installed. All that is required is to Print and select the particular pdf printer. Your PDF creation program may have a Manual. For instance the Adobe Acrobat 6.0 Professional comes with a 23 page "Getting Started" booklet. However, there is an extensive Help menu. The free Win2PDF http://www.win2pdf.com also has reasonable Help menu as does the free PrimoPDF http://www.primopdf.com "YG" <ygresser2@yahoo.com.au> wrote in...

Message queue Exch 2003
Hello, One of my Exchange 2003 site will be unavailble during 4 days due to an office move. I would like my exchange 2003 server queues all the message during these 4 days and doesn't send any error message to my users. Is it possible to queue all the emails during 4 days ? If yes, do you know how & where can I set up this in the exchange admin tool ? Great thanks. ZOLTAN. Hi, You can disable outbound mail in the queue. Users should not get an error message. "ZOLTAN" <ZOLTAN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:685CFA3A-2D4C-4A73-BE36-1D8C03635F3D@...

keeping track of messages
Where is the tracking tab? When you get notified that someone read your email aren't you supposed to receive a notification in your INBOX? I sent a message with the option to be notified and I have not yet received a notification. Why? 1) many users disable read receipts 2) Many ISPs do not allow it. "ShallyTally" <ShallyTally@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E54CA84F-97B3-4243-A5B0-96BBE0C70CBF@microsoft.com... : Where is the tracking tab? When you get notified that someone read your email : aren't you supposed to receive a notification in your I...

Run duplicate manually by user
I am using Microsoft crm 4 , I have already crate a role to check duplicate company name between lead and account. Is work properly when I try to save lead but I need to give the user the ability to run it manually. In other words I want to give the user the option to check duplication again before he convert the lead to account. Please help. No you cannot let the user check for duplication while converting a lead. A workaround however, is to let the user convert the lead, and then run duplicate detection on Accounts to check for duplication. "yosi" wrote: > I am using ...

POS USER MANUALS #2
Microsoft is not shipping user manuals with MS POS. Could some tell me where to find these user manuals? Thanks CBS I think you need to be a part of the service plan at least to access this, but I have posted a link to the users guide below: https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/support/documentation/userguides/ Best of luck! -- Thank You Vince :) "CLBSCOTT@MINDSPRING.COM" wrote: > Microsoft is not shipping user manuals with MS POS. Could some tell me > where to find these user manuals? > Thanks > CBS > > Hi Vince, User manuals for MS POS is not one o...

I am looking for a manual for Outlook 2003
I am looking for a manual for Outlook 2003. Is there one which came with the program? I have not been able to find one. I looked for a *.CHM file but don't know the name of it. A manual would give me the opportunity to learn Outlook from beginning to end. Many thanks. Start with F1 or Help "kboy" <kboy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6E798FC0-5003-4BA6-A129-AA2769AB6506@microsoft.com... >I am looking for a manual for Outlook 2003. Is there one which came with >the > program? I have not been able to find one. I looked for a *.CHM file but >...

after running query table shows id number not name how to fix
I have a table that is in the correct format. When I run a append query against this table the format is off, there is a number where there should be text. How do I fix this. If both fields exist, the ID and the 'formatted name', and you see the id while you expected to see the formatted name, you may have lost the 'auto-lookup' feature, in the TOOL you are using. Check ELSEWHERE to see if the auto-lookup still works there. If so, well, use the 'view' showing the translated id by its formatted name, or use a query that does the lookup (with a JOIN, or something...

Rule not working
Background: I have a user with two email addresses. His primary address is "joe@domain.com" and he has a second address called "info@domain.com". We are running SBS2003 with Exchange and the user is using Office 11. Goal: He wants all mail that is sent to the info@domain.com address to be forwarded to another user in the same domain. Problem: Sounds easy enough, right? When the Exchange server receives a piece of mail to info@domain.com, it renames the recipient to joe@domain.com thus causing our rule not run. Obviously we can't forward all mail to the o...

Exchange server unreachable after being moved #2
Hello, people. I hope you could help me with this issue. We have two Exchange 2003 servers (A and B) in our organization. The server A is the main server and as it was needed, server B was added in the same Administrative group in the same site. But the last server (B) was ment to inhabit in another country, so this server was sent to my coutry. Now they both keep a constant communication via VPN. The problem is that since de the server is here, only internal message can be delivered (among mailboxes in this server) but not messages between servers (I mean, a message sent from a mail...

Money is already running
After I use Microsoft Money 2006 and close it, the next time I try to open the program I get an alert box stating that "money is already running" the only thing I have been able to do is go to task manager and close the msmoney.exe and then reopen the program. Is there a place to correct this abnormality? Thanks TR This normally happens if you try and open Money v quickly after closing it and/or there is a background on-line transaction that hasn't completed. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default....

Changing Exchange Server
We are going to be upgrading our exchange server to a newer and more powerful machine. We will not be using the same computer name for the new exchange server. My concern is, what steps will I need to take so that the CRM exchange mail router will continue to function correctly? CRM 3.0 & Exchange Server 2003 Enterprise. Any help would be greatly appreciated. ...

Is it necesssary to run clean up agent after purging a mailbox.. i
I want to create a brand new mailbox for a user after I have purged their old mailbox. Do I need to run the cleanup agent, or can I create a new mailbox and not have to worry about it mixing with the old mailbox. This is within the 30 day time limit of mailbox retention policies If you have manually purged the mailbox, then it has been permanently deleted. Where Deleted Mailbox Retention comes in is Exchange will not purge mailboxes automatically after they have been "marked" for deletion (Show up with Red X) until the retention period has passed. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange ...

The ol' "An object could not be found." message when trying to close a PST
As noted in the subject, I'm getting this message when trying to close my "Archived Folders" PST file. My searches using the KB as well as Google turned up a few instances of this message, but none had to do with closing a PST file. I've tried: - Renaming the "Archived Folders" PST, then re-opening OL2002. - Moving the "Archived Folders" PST to another directory, then re-opening OL2002. - Creating a new PST, copying everything from the archive PST into the new one, compacting the new one, and substituting it for the original "Archived Fol...

Debug a running compiled program
Is there a way I can add a button that forces my program into Debug when I am running a compiled program? mcolson schrieb: > Is there a way I can add a button that forces my program into Debug > when I am running a compiled program? You mean the Stop statement or Debbuger.Break? -- Armin On Feb 4, 1:06=A0pm, mcolson <mcolson1...@gmail.com> wrote: > Is there a way I can add a button that forces my program into Debug > when I am running a compiled program? If you want to debug a running process then you can attach to the process instead of starting up in ...