--
Arlo Clizer
Exchange MVP
FAQ: http://www.exchangefaq.org
Archives: http://groups.google.com
0
aclizer2311 (412)

Exchange Router CRM 3.0 Not Installing
I am trying to Install the Exchange Router. The documentation just says the it needs to have Windows 2003 Standard and Exchange Server 2003. (Plus the other requirements which we have) When I try to install it will not let me saying that Operating System version 5.2 (Which is Windows 2003 Standard) is not a supported operating system. My guess is this is a documentation bug and that the router now requires Windows 2003 SP1 just like the MS CRM server requires it now with RTM code. Does anyone have an official answer to what is required to install the router. I have a client who real...

How do I manually flag to exit Context Sensitive Help mode
I have overridden the OnSysCommand() routine in my dialog class implementation file to catch the SC_CONTEXTHELP message (When the user clicks on the ? button in the title bar). I'm cating this message so that I can bring up my own help dialog that describes the entire dialog instead of making the user click on a dialog item after clicking on the ? button. My problem is that the ? button stays depressed (Indicating it's currently in Context help mode) if for some reason the help dialog doesn't come up. There's got to be some flag that I set to indicate that we're out of cont...

masive remove share records
Hi, is there any way to remove many share records at the same time? using the sdk...not using the interface ============================== John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.crowecrm.com "Alejandro Jara" <ajara@intcon.com.mx> wrote in message news:B6C67379-90BF-456A-9A37-7C57DDEEAE0E@microsoft.com... > Hi, is there any way to remove many share records at the same time? ...

Exchange 2003
A mailbox was deleted accidently and subsequently purged as well. I used the recovery group to restore the previous day's store which was fine, I then used Exmerge to pst the email off, unfortunately I keep getting the following error: **************************************************************** Microsoft Exchange Mailbox Merge Program, v6.5.7408.1 Start Logging:November 13, 2004 08:02:00 **************************************************************** [08:02:00] Logging Level: None [08:02:00] Reading settings from file 'I:\Exchange Docs and Tools Library\ExAllTools\Exmerge...

Security in Exchange 2003
I am not sure how it is done, but here is my concern and question: In Exchange that is in an AD domain, the login username and the exchange e-mail are the same. i.e., bsmith is the AD logon name, and the e-mail is : bsmith@yourdomain.com. Already, someone can detect the username and all they have to do is try to figure out the password - which for a hacker, is probably quite easy at this point. My question to this is simple: Is there a way to change the "bsmith" part of the e-mail address so that it can take the persons full name, i.e. bill smith , and submit this in the f...

remove markups
I've gone through everything posted here and I still have strike thru's and red text. It looks like x-mas! when I try to accept or remove changes I get a msg there is nothing to accept. Perhaps the document was marked up with something other than Word's Track Changes feature, such as DeltaView. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "ladyred1101" <ladyred1101@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EC400C62-7725-4361-95D3-EDCAC98A520E@microsoft.com... > I've gone t...

Delete Inactive Users and Remove them from BU
Hi, Is there a way to delete inactive users(user already resigned) from CRM server? In addition, is it possible to remove the inactive users from their business unit? I noticed that in my system, when i deactivated the users, they were still existed under the business unit that they were assigned to. Is it the expected behaviour? Thanks Carrie yes this is expected. Users do not get deleted from the database. You only have to reassign their data then remove their license and de-activate them -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "Carrie" <Carri...

Dst for exchange and outlook
just wondering if the dst update for exchange 2003 sp2(kb 926666) is all you need for exchange/outlook related updating for dst. Or do you need to run the Exchange calendar update tool, on all the outlook clients, as well. Long answer: http://exchangepedia.com/blog/2007/02/dst-2007-understanding-what-needs-to-be.html Short answer: 1) User workstations & servers: Apply DST 2007 time zone update (KB 931836 for XP SP2 and Windows Server 2003) 2) Rebase items (using by having users run the Outlook Calendar Update Tool (TzMove.exe) or by running the Exchange Calendar Update Tool (MsExTmz....

Exchange message Rules
I have an issue with a user who uses outlook message rules heavily.Since moving to exchange it has become clear that the server based rules are not just using the To: line when moving an email from someone, it is also looking at the CC line. so if someone in the CC line has their own rule which is first the mail is moved to there folder and not the actual senders folder. Does anyone know a workaround? Mail is collected by POP Wheasel and SMTP to Exchange - SBS2003 Outlook is 2002 SP3 This is causing havoc! Thanks ...

Statistic program for Exchange 5.5
Hi Is there anyone who can give me a hint for a good program for statistic for Exchange 5.5. What is importent for mee is to find out witch kind of attachment file the users had stored (avi, MPEG3 and so on) and how many MB - just totally??????? Speednissen ...

Exchange 2003 application converter for lotus notes
is anybody knows where we can find an exchange application converter for lotus notes for exchange 2003 server with notes v5 or v6. Or someone tell me how we can transfer application domino v5 databases into in Exchange 2003. Thanks. Hi, Try these links http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/events/exchange2000/tnq10012.mspx http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/techinfo/interop/notes.asp "GC" <deltaomegazulu@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:8ff0a84.0408271128.1c76ce22@posting.google.com... > is anybody knows where we can find an exchange application converter > ...

Removing spaces in cells with data in it
We have a personnel roster that is kept in a database. Occasionally, this roster is exported into Excel and sent out to members of the department. In one column are dates that each person was employed. When I try to sort the entire roster, it doesn't come up right because most of the cells that contain the date have spaces in front of it. Sometimes it's 1 or 2, sometime more, other times there are no spaces. In order for me to sort the entire roster correctly, I'm having to manually remove the spaces in front of the date, then sort the roster according to date. There are over 500...

Manual backup of exchange.
I am having VSS errors while trying to backup my database. What ever backup app I use, shows a successful backup. However the eventviewer in exchange is telling me the backup failed. Right now my biggest concern is making sure I have a good backup. I plan on addressing the vss issue this weekend. for now, How do I make a manual backup? Do I stop the information store and manually copy the database and logs? What specifically do I need to copy? Any help is appreciated. I forgot to mention that its exchange 2007, Server 2008. "Brian" <brokenframe@hotmail.com>...

Is there a PDF manual for 2003
It there a PDF Manual for Publisher 2003? Yvonne Publisher does not create PDF. Therefore, no Manual. If you have a PDF "printer" installed. All that is required is to Print and select the particular pdf printer. Your PDF creation program may have a Manual. For instance the Adobe Acrobat 6.0 Professional comes with a 23 page "Getting Started" booklet. However, there is an extensive Help menu. The free Win2PDF http://www.win2pdf.com also has reasonable Help menu as does the free PrimoPDF http://www.primopdf.com "YG" <ygresser2@yahoo.com.au> wrote in...

Adding Local Area Code Automatically in Contacts
In Outlook 2002, how can I get my local telephone area code be added automatically in Contacts? This function was working until I reformatted Windows XP. Thanks ...

Exchange 2003 locales
We're receiving the error when users are attempting to send mail using Japenese characters through OWA. "After changing the locales supported on this server, be sure the appropriate Windows code pages are installed and restart the Microsoft Exchange Server Services" Help!!! IIRC, you'd have to add the locale in Windows - part of that is installing fonts. Will need a restart. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "Dame" <bigcity213@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1129924003.7681...

Removing Blank Rows #6
Using Excel 2002: This is probably one of the top ten most asked questions, and saw some related posts. But like to know, if there is a simple non-formula way of clearing blank rows in a list? Mark the cells, then just have a action to "Clear Blank Rows". Thanks, M Mi Mark Select column A >press F5>Special>select Banks>OK Whilst the selected cells are highlight>right click>Delete>Entire Row -- Regards Roger Govier "MarkC" <None@nospam.com> wrote in message news:OCGBCOwsHHA.4968@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Using Excel 2002: > ...

how do I remove many hyperlinks from a spreadsheet at one time?
Select all the cells (ctrl-A (twice in xl2003)) hit alt-f11 (to get to the VBE, where macros live) hit ctrl-g (to see the immediate window) type this and hit enter: selection.hyperlinks.delete Close the VBE and back to excel to see if it worked. === You could even just select a smaller range and just clean that since the command uses the current selection. davey wrote: -- Dave Peterson It is considered bad manners to ask your question in the subject line. Perhaps Delete all hyperlinks then ask the question in the BODY of the message A macro will do this for you activesheet.hyperli...

remove guotes from cells containing commas
I have a column that contains commas. When saving as a tab delimited txt file, excel puts the contents in quotes. I would like to somehow have excel not put the quotes around the contents of that cell. I could do a search and replace after opening in a text editor, however that would remove quotes in columns that contain product descriptions such as an item described in "(inches) Take a look here: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/textfiles.html#csvnoquotes In article <1127224181.284319.303490@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, "hwalders" <hwalders@hotmail.com>...

Outlook Client w/o Exchange Router
Has anyone tried using the Sales for Outlook client without the Exchange router installed? I realize that this won't allow me to send email or automatically bring items into CRM, but what about using the client to manually promote emails? TIA, Joe This shouldnt be a problem. The mail router is just for that. The SFO connects directly to the CRM server for its information. When you do a Promote etc that shouldnt have to do with the mail router, thats a function of the local machine and its CRM call. "Joe" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:176a00...

How do I remove a graphics settings profile?
Hello, I set up 3 different graphics setup profiles in graphics "themes/schemes/whatever they call it" (I can't check 'cos' I'm on a different system at the moment) accessed by right-clicking on desktop. I would like to remove one since 2 are identical - and I'm sure I will need to remove more in the future depending on what I do ;-) I looked everywhere, and I can't find anything in any WIN dir files nor in the registry, nor in a Google search. Any help will be greatly appreciated. t. ...

Exchange Relay Option
I was Exchange 2000 Server (SP3) on Windows 2000 Server. Recently we are getting lots of junk mail into our corporate email (bypassing the spam filter software). The "FROM" email address is from an account which is valid email account for my company. I'm trying to figure out a way to disable spammers from doing that? In the SMTP options I set the "Relay" to only allow for local IP addresses and for computers who authenticate.. How can spammers still send emails using an account from my company? Does the relay option do what it is suppose to do? Or is there a different ...

Installing Service Packs on Exchange Server 2003
Have one Exchange 2003 front End server and two Exchange 2003 back end servers. Have not installed any service packs on these systems yet. Just got OK from change control board to install these. Just wanted to know what would be the best process to install these ? Do I need to go to SP1 first then SP2 or does SP2 contain SP1 updates as well? Do I do the front end server first? Thanks! On Wed, 31 May 2006 12:58:02 -0700, D303M <D303M@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Have one Exchange 2003 front End server and two Exchange 2003 back end >servers. Have not installed any s...

Query-Based DL with email addresses that are external to exchange.
Exchange 2003 Enterprisse with SP2, running on Windows 2003 Server Enterprise with SP1. I am trying to setup a Query-based Distribution List that will allow us to send to our students. The student accounts are in AD, but they do not have Exchange mailboxes, their mail goes to another non-exchange system (IMail Secure). The QBDL matches on the email field on the users account properties. The QBDL does find all the email addresses that we want to send mail to. The problem is that when we send a message to the QBDL (from either Outlook 2003, Outlook 2007, or from the OWA) the message tha...

Run duplicate manually by user
I am using Microsoft crm 4 , I have already crate a role to check duplicate company name between lead and account. Is work properly when I try to save lead but I need to give the user the ability to run it manually. In other words I want to give the user the option to check duplication again before he convert the lead to account. Please help. No you cannot let the user check for duplication while converting a lead. A workaround however, is to let the user convert the lead, and then run duplicate detection on Accounts to check for duplication. "yosi" wrote: > I am using ...