Managing E2K3 from my workstation

Hi,

I know that I can manage our Exchange Server 2003 from my XP Pro client.
Where can I get the necessary tools for this?
--
Thanks,

Sam
0
SAM4137 (239)

Install Exchange System Manager from the Exchange CD

"Sam" <Sam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I know that I can manage our Exchange Server 2003 from my XP Pro client.
> Where can I get the necessary tools for this?
> --
> Thanks,
>
> Sam

You might also want to check on this link.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/815529/en-us

Regards,
--
Manoj

" Jack of all trades, master of the moment"

"Sam" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I know that I can manage our Exchange Server 2003 from my XP Pro client.
> Where can I get the necessary tools for this?
> --
> Thanks,
>
> Sam
0
Manoj1 (107)
5/9/2006 9:47:02 PM
This is for Exchange 2000, and the patch listed is for 2000 only, it will
not help him for Exchange Server 2003. right ?

try to install the prerequisets for Exchange Server, which is IIS, NNTP,
SMTP, ASP.Net. and then run the exchange setup, put the Exchange CD in your
windows XP CD-Drive, and rug setup. in the setup screen deselect everything
except Exchange System Manager components. this will install only the
Exchange System Manager.

i was searching for an article which lists the above steps just to confirm
it to the user. please try it out and tell me the result.

make sure that you have at least exchange view only administrator to be able
to open the ESM without any access permissions errors. if you want to fully
manage exchange from your machine then make your user name as Exchange Full
Administrator from the delegation process you will run from the server.

Regards
Alaa Al-Ankar
Blog: http://ExchGuru.Blogspot.com

Regards
Alaa Alian Al-Ankar

"manoj" <manoj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> You might also want to check on this link.

> Regards,
> --
> Manoj
>
> " Jack of all trades, master of the moment"
>

> "Sam" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I know that I can manage our Exchange Server 2003 from my XP Pro client.
>> Where can I get the necessary tools for this?
>> --
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Sam

0
alaa (132)
5/9/2006 9:55:37 PM
Aloha Sam,

I do it with Start | Programs | Accessories | Communication | Remote Desktop
Connection...

-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr, MVP
Roland Schorr & Tower
http://www.rolandschorr.com
Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://www.factplace.com/onenote.html

> Hi,
>
> I know that I can manage our Exchange Server 2003 from my XP Pro
> client. Where can I get the necessary tools for this?
>
> Sam

0
bens1 (1425)
5/9/2006 9:58:38 PM
This is for Exchange 2000, and the patch listed is for 2000 only, it will
not help him for Exchange Server 2003. right ?

run the exchange setup, put the Exchange CD in your
windows XP CD-Drive, and rug setup. i am not sure if it will ask for any
prerequists like IIS, NNTP, SMTP, or ASP .Net. but i don't think it will ask
for these , it might asks for IIS and SMTP only, but give it a try and check
what are the windows services it requires to install the ESM. in the setup
screen deselect everything except Exchange System Manager components. this
will install only the
Exchange System Manager.

i was searching for an article which lists the above steps just to confirm
it to the user. please try it out and tell me the result.

make sure that you have at least exchange view only administrator to be able
to open the ESM without any access permissions errors. if you want to fully
manage exchange from your machine then make your user name as Exchange Full
Administrator from the delegation process you will run from the server.

"manoj" <manoj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> You might also want to check on this link.

> Regards,
> --
> Manoj
>
> " Jack of all trades, master of the moment"
>

> "Sam" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I know that I can manage our Exchange Server 2003 from my XP Pro client.
>> Where can I get the necessary tools for this?
>> --
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Sam

0
alaa (132)
5/9/2006 10:00:39 PM
Install ADMIN Pack from SYS32 folder on any DC (or download) then install
ESM. IIS and SMTP are required on the workstation but only the MMC CONSOLES,
NOT the services. :p

"Sam" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I know that I can manage our Exchange Server 2003 from my XP Pro client.
> Where can I get the necessary tools for this?
> --
> Thanks,
>
> Sam
0
Vicnice (145)
5/10/2006 2:55:02 AM
Use Remote Desktop Connection (Accessories/Communications).

Regards,
Hank Arnold

Sam wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I know that I can manage our Exchange Server 2003 from my XP Pro client.
> Where can I get the necessary tools for this?
0
rasilon1 (689)

I need a Excel template for property management
I own three rental properties and I'm looking for a simple template for Excel that will allow me to merely track expenses and income. The simpler the better. this might help. Or, ask someone for custom programming. http://tinyurl.com/6svu2 -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Bob" <Bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B845B7C4-0DAA-40A3-880A-FD0A6F298AFD@microsoft.com... > I own three rental properties and I'm looking for a simple template for Excel > that will allow me to merely track expenses and income. The simpler the >...

Risk management
Hi. I have searched wide and high for a risk management spread sheet to calulate a budget using the principles "proactive management". Anyone with a sugestione? Thanks. Ole ...

Managed Newsgroup access denied
I am unable to access the managed newsgroups since they changed the secure code last week. I have followed the instructions to reregister but I still get the error 'access denied'. Any idea what could be causing this? They have answered one of my questions from last week but I've been unable to get in to see it. Thanks for any help. Tracey D Tracey, email me with your registered GP company name so I can verify, and I will escalate this for you. -Mike -- Micheal LoPatriello Coordinator, Luna Development mlopat@lunadevelopment.com http://www.lunadevelopment.com "T...

Office Smart Tag Manager
Good afternoon, I have the following error with Office Smart Tag Manager for Great Plains: Error: Database Connection Problem Possible causes include: This user accounts is not a member of any smart tag groups Bad connection information SQL Server is not running No smart Tag groups configured Please verify and try again. Which the procedure is to solve this error? I already erased all tables and store procedures of database Dynamics already Uninstall the product and I installed it again and the problem persists. that I make? ...

File Cache Manager With SRAM in WINCE 6.0
Hi, I m developing a back-up utility which automatically backs up the transaction data to a permanent storage (NOR flash). Transaction data will be triggered very frequently and existing transaction data files may be modified frequently. Therefore I need a RAM based cache file system along with a permanent storage. My questions are, 1. I m trying to use File Cache Manager to accomplish it. Is this a correct solution? 2. If YES, how can i use my SRAM (not the SDRAM) to store the cached files? (In case of a power fluctuation, SRAM is more reliable than SDRAM, therefore we sele...

Integration Manager Greyed Out
What would cause "Integration Manager" (Tools >> Integrate) to be grayed out, but "Run Integration" is available. My guess is a security setting, but I can't find it. What version of GP are you using? I've seen situations where Int Mgr was not available from the menu and I had to put it on the shortcut bar. You can also check dex.ini and verify the line exists: IMPath=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Business Solutions\Integration Manager\IM.EXE IMExecPath=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Business Solutions\Integration Manager\IMRun.EXE "Jed Perlowin"...

manage add-ons
when i turn on IE8 the manage add-ons windows automatically appears. how do i stop this happening Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64-bit SP2; Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) as well as your IE version when posting in an IE-specific forum or newsgroup. Please do so in your next reply. 1. Does the behavior persist if you start IE in No Add-ons mode? To start IE in No Add-ons mode: => Start | (All) Programs | Accessories | System Tools | Internet Explorer (No add-ons). Troubleshooting and Internet Explorer’s (No Add-ons)...

Business Contact Manager #19
I have installed Office 2003 and Business Contact Manager, but BCM is not starting with Outlook. I have the same product installed in my laptop, which runs Windows XP Home, and it is working fine. It even shows a Menu for BCM. The desktop runs windows XP professional and it is using Exchange Server 5.5 Thanks Try her: http://www.slipstick.com/bcm/bcmfaq.aspx "Lucio" <lucioaurelio@msn.com> wrote in message news:61ca01c3e5db$efec1190$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I have installed Office 2003 and Business Contact Manager, > but BCM is not starting with Outlook. I have the ...

Users Listed in the Managed by Box Are Unable to Manage Groups
Hi, I have multi-domain AD 2000 forest in our organization. Most of DC controllers are Windows 2003 . Our Exchange 2003 server is in the same site as one of Global Catalog servers. Any user including Domain Admins or Enterprise Admins can't change membership of Universal Distribution Groups in Outlook 2002 or 2003. I tried Microsoft knowledgebase articles : http://support.microsoft.com/kb/281489/EN-US/ and http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;319206 but it doesn't help. What can be the problem ? Alex Tager IT admin Eh? Did you follow those articles corre...

Worksheet management
I'm struggling with worksheet and workbook management. I'm hopeful that someobody has a solution that I can't seem to come up with. I've searched and can't find any mention of this particular issue. I have a workbook with 10 worksheets in it. I have 2 copies of this workbook (one for each of my two clients ;-)). Worksheets 2 through 10 are identical in both workbooks. Worksheet 1 has the "data" for the individual client. The formulas in worksheets 2 through 10 reference the data on worksheet 1, as well as varioious other cells on other worksheets. That is, ...

Can't manage Public Folders (error c1030af1)
Hello, I am in the process of moving Exchange 2003 Standard to a new 2003 server on our domain. I have successfully transferred all of the mailboxes and I'm getting to the point where I have to re-home the offline address book and public system folders to the new server before removing the original server. When I try to access Public Folders in Exchange System Manager on either server, I get this error: The requested operation is forbidden. ID no: c1030af1 Exchange System Manager While searching for this error I came upon this document from Microsoft, which suggests this is a pro...

Workflow manager, User manager in Deployment Manager
I have intsalled CRM 1.2 from our msdn subscription..with Adventure works cycle license..on windows 2003 server enterprise edition, which also has MS-SQL 2000 server with Reporting Services. I can access the crm web application through IE...but when i try to run Workflow manager or try the User manager in Deployment Manager...i can't connect...i get the message saying that ...server is not responding...may not be crm server.... i tried names, ipaddress, with and without ports...no luck... i am logged on to the machine/server with Administrator account, which i used to install the...

Inventory Management
Dear All, I am not the best hand @ Excel, so would like your help on this. The situation is something like this.... I deal in timber. I receive logs in my log park. When ever I receive a log in my log park, each log is given a unique number and its details liek the diameter, length, speies, volume etc. are noted down. All these dataare then entered into Excel and maintained there in simple Excel sheet, columnwise. Like this i accumulate thousands of logs. The problem ocurs when i ship out these logs. The logs are not stacked in any order. They are just stacked randomly. So, out of thousa...

Portfolio Manager
When I select the Performance view and Investment Type grouping my Mkt. Value column does not compute correctly for some of my investments. Also the subtotals do not add up correctly in the Mkt. Value column. Any suggestions on making the insanity stop? I was told by Microsoft support twice that this was a programming error and would be corrected by November 1, but, of course it wasn't. "flickib1" wrote: > When I select the Performance view and Investment Type grouping my Mkt. Value > column does not compute correctly for some of my investments. Also the > ...

How I teste if a Contact has no Account in Workflow Manager?
Hi, I am created a rule who need test if a contact has no=20 account.=20 In the Workflow manager I insert a condition and a test of=20 object condition, but I can't test if a contact has no=20 account, only if the account of the contact is equal or=20 not equals to other.=20 Somebody can help me? Thank you for pay attention and sorry my bad english. []=B4s Vin=EDcius Hola Vinicius I checked this and didn't get it as well. You could use the sdk creating an userdefiend workflow. Steffen "Vin�cius Pitta Lima de Ara�jo" <vinipitta@yahoo.com.br> schrieb im Newsbeitrag ...

managing multiple worksheets 12-03-09
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I am working on a workbook that contains 20 worksheets and it's difficult to scroll through all of them. Is there a way to combine/group some of the tabs so as not to have to scroll trough 20 tabs all the time? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000D_01CA742A.709B8810 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable GLC - Here's one thing to try: To the left of the sheet tabs there are four = arrow navigation ...

HRM Approval by Manager and Manager's Manager
We would like there to be a way that HRM uses a company's organization chart to allow multiple levels of managers to approve their own task items, as well as the tasks of those below them (if those people are gone unexpectedly or only need a certain task to be completed on their behalf). There is a task transfer option, but that will only work if you know ahead of time that you will be gone, and that you can transfer all your pending tasks to the same person. So, basically, we want the manager/supervisor of another manager/supervisor to be able to complete the tasks of anyone belo...

Integration Manager Log file
Hi All, Actually, the log file which is generated from IM is not user friendly becasue it is a text file with all sort of source doc nos, Activity Time and date and so on. These information makes user to get confused. So, user requested to get only warning/error msgs and write to a txt/csv files along with AccountNo, Credit/Debit amonuts to be written in that file. Sothat he can view in excel sheet and reimport it again. That is the reason I started opening a csv file and writing logs in that file line by line. For my scenario, I am integrating GP GL data where one header file with fo...

Managing Container
We have to manage items in transit into container accross different site/location. What is the best tool for doing that? Thanks -- Patrick B. Could you provide more info on the business issue you are trying to resolve? If you are trying to track containers, only a shipping application will do. If you are trying to track inventory only, you could probably explore using the new In-Transit Transfer Entry functionality. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com "Patrick" wrote: > We have to manage...

Mailbox Manager question #4
Hi Exchange 2003SP2 I thought I had set the policy in Mailbox Manager Settings to just "report only" when processing a mailbox but noticed that if I select "report only" in the dropdown box and select inbox and apply, then inbox is selected in all senarios "report only", "move to deleted items folder", "move to system cleanup folder" and "delete immediately" ?? What am I missing here ?? Tomppa ...

Event management
Is there an Access Template dealing with event management specifically for Limousine Service... ...

cannot access default website from internal workstations
Running SBS 2003 R2, users on the local network cannot access the default website on the server. Users outside the local network can access the website with no problems. Trying to access the site using the IP address also does not work. I'm thinking it may be a DNS issue, but not sure exactly where to look. Brian Beckers wrote: > Running SBS 2003 R2, users on the local network cannot access the default > website on the server. Users outside the local network can access the website > with no problems. Trying to access the site using the IP address also does > n...

Managing Event in CRM System
What is the best practive in managing event in CRM system? So that it will be easier next time we want to keep tract of those information? what function should i use in that system? kindly need guidance. Tq If you mean managing event attendance, such as conferences, it depends on your requirements. You may need an ISV add-on product that extends MSCRM to handle this. There are several available, including from www.axonom.com . I have not researched others recently HTH Peter "Zaqry Omar" <ZaqryOmar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:35D7E119-7333-46AA-...

management of metadata
There seem to be lots of q and a around this topic but non gets to the heart of what I am trying to understand which is: After you have spent large amounts of time and effort organising and tagging files, correcting wromgly downloaded track and artist info etc etc. 'how do you ensure that this work can be: a) saved, b) restored if ever you need to do a reinstall for any reason c) transferred if you upgrade to 12 from 11 d) copied to another installation on another PC e) maintain synchronisation with another device/pc AND e) how (if you know that the track and album file...

Managing workstations using the management console
Hi, I have asked this question before but didn't really get anywhere. I am running 8 Windows 2003 servers, I am slowly migrating all of our companies work stations to authenticate against the domain. On the workstations that are now showing up in my list of Computers on the network I am unable to remotley view the Device Manager in the management console, I get the follwoing message when I try to launch it: ------------------------------------------------ Device Manager Unable to access the computer user.local The error was: Access Denied ---------------------------------...