managing distribution groups

Hello all,

I am running exchange 2003 and I would like to know is there a way and I can
have a regular user maintain my distribtion groups. If so how would I go
about that?

Thanks so much

Mike
0
MikeB1 (60)

You can grant permissions at the disty group level to allow ordinary members
to add and remove users. Be careful to only do disty groups as security
groups changed by users in outlook is a touch insecure.

"Mike B" <MikeB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello all,
>
> I am running exchange 2003 and I would like to know is there a way and I
> can
> have a regular user maintain my distribtion groups. If so how would I go
> about that?
>

> Thanks so much
>
> Mike

0
nick5968 (262)
3/2/2006 9:07:31 PM
On Manager tab in group's properties.
User should be able to manage from within Outlook.
--
Bharat Suneja
MCSE, MCT

"Mike B" <MikeB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello all,
>
> I am running exchange 2003 and I would like to know is there a way and I
> can
> have a regular user maintain my distribtion groups. If so how would I go
> about that?
>

> Thanks so much
>
> Mike

0
bharatsuneja1 (3146)
3/2/2006 9:09:48 PM
.... and to add to what Nick said.. mail-enabling Security Groups isn't a
great idea if security is a concern.
--
Bharat Suneja
MCSE, MCT

"Nick Gillott [MVP]" <nick@gillott.co.uk> wrote in message
> You can grant permissions at the disty group level to allow ordinary
> members to add and remove users. Be careful to only do disty groups as
> security groups changed by users in outlook is a touch insecure.
>
> "Mike B" <MikeB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Hello all,
>>
>> I am running exchange 2003 and I would like to know is there a way and I
>> can
>> have a regular user maintain my distribtion groups. If so how would I go
>> about that?
>>

>> Thanks so much
>>
>> Mike

0
bharatsuneja1 (3146)
3/2/2006 9:14:08 PM
Would it be possible for you to tell me exactly how to grant the permission.
I am not Exchange savy.

ThankS!

"Nick Gillott [MVP]" wrote:

> You can grant permissions at the disty group level to allow ordinary members
> to add and remove users. Be careful to only do disty groups as security
> groups changed by users in outlook is a touch insecure.
>
> "Mike B" <MikeB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello all,
> >
> > I am running exchange 2003 and I would like to know is there a way and I
> > can
> > have a regular user maintain my distribtion groups. If so how would I go
> > about that?
> >

> > Thanks so much
> >
> > Mike

0
MikeB1 (60)
3/2/2006 9:35:31 PM
Go to the Distribution Group's properties in AD Users & Computers | Managed
By tab.
Click "Change" to insert name of person/group you want to provide
permissions to.
Check "Manager can update membership list"
--
Bharat Suneja
MCSE, MCT

> Would it be possible for you to tell me exactly how to grant the
> permission.
> I am not Exchange savy.
>

> ThankS!
>
> "Nick Gillott [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> You can grant permissions at the disty group level to allow ordinary
>> members
>> to add and remove users. Be careful to only do disty groups as security
>> groups changed by users in outlook is a touch insecure.
>>
>> "Mike B" <MikeB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hello all,
>> >
>> > I am running exchange 2003 and I would like to know is there a way and
>> > can
>> > have a regular user maintain my distribtion groups. If so how would I
>> > go
>> > about that?
>> >

>> > Thanks so much
>> >
>> > Mike

0
bharatsuneja1 (3146)

Coloring rows to show groups of records
I have a report where one or more rows belong to a group and I'd like to color rows to help the reader easily see what rows belong together. I'm trying to do this by writing a VBA function that tests for changes in the column that distinguishes the groups. I then call this function in a Conditional Formating condition to set the row color to the alternate color from the row above. This seems to work but Excel keeps crashing. There must be a standard way to do this but I haven't found anything yet, so any ideas appreciated. Hi how are your rows separated. Probably no need for ...

I need a Excel template for property management
I own three rental properties and I'm looking for a simple template for Excel that will allow me to merely track expenses and income. The simpler the better. this might help. Or, ask someone for custom programming. http://tinyurl.com/6svu2 -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Bob" <Bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B845B7C4-0DAA-40A3-880A-FD0A6F298AFD@microsoft.com... > I own three rental properties and I'm looking for a simple template for Excel > that will allow me to merely track expenses and income. The simpler the >...

Outlook 2003: How do you group sent items by individual recipient in the case of multiple recipients in "to" field?
Hello, I am using Outlook 2003. When I go into my "sent" folder and group messages by the "to" field, Outlook creates a separate group for each unique combination of recipients. Therefore, if you commonly put multiple recipients in the "to" field, the "group by" feature is essentially worthless; if I am trying to locate an email that I know was sent to Bob, I have to remember whether I sent it to Bob, Bob & Mary, Bob & Mary & Sue, ad infinitum. Is there any way to group sent emails by recipient so an email sent to Bob, Mary and Sue shows u...

Risk management
Hi. I have searched wide and high for a risk management spread sheet to calulate a budget using the principles "proactive management". Anyone with a sugestione? Thanks. Ole ...

Managed Newsgroup access denied
I am unable to access the managed newsgroups since they changed the secure code last week. I have followed the instructions to reregister but I still get the error 'access denied'. Any idea what could be causing this? They have answered one of my questions from last week but I've been unable to get in to see it. Thanks for any help. Tracey D Tracey, email me with your registered GP company name so I can verify, and I will escalate this for you. -Mike -- Micheal LoPatriello Coordinator, Luna Development mlopat@lunadevelopment.com http://www.lunadevelopment.com "T...

Office Smart Tag Manager
Good afternoon, I have the following error with Office Smart Tag Manager for Great Plains: Error: Database Connection Problem Possible causes include: This user accounts is not a member of any smart tag groups Bad connection information SQL Server is not running No smart Tag groups configured Please verify and try again. Which the procedure is to solve this error? I already erased all tables and store procedures of database Dynamics already Uninstall the product and I installed it again and the problem persists. that I make? ...

Group Police
Hi All, I am working on a project which is update company internal applicaiton software to all of client computers. What I do now is that I save new version files of the application on a server, then, I went to each computer to change attribe of these old files, then, copy new version application files to client computer. Now, I want to use group plice to do it. I don't know if it is possible. If it is possible, how I do it? Can anybody give me any suggestion? Thanks inadvance. --qq qq <qq@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi All, > > I am worki...

File Cache Manager With SRAM in WINCE 6.0
Hi, I m developing a back-up utility which automatically backs up the transaction data to a permanent storage (NOR flash). Transaction data will be triggered very frequently and existing transaction data files may be modified frequently. Therefore I need a RAM based cache file system along with a permanent storage. My questions are, 1. I m trying to use File Cache Manager to accomplish it. Is this a correct solution? 2. If YES, how can i use my SRAM (not the SDRAM) to store the cached files? (In case of a power fluctuation, SRAM is more reliable than SDRAM, therefore we sele...

manage add-ons
when i turn on IE8 the manage add-ons windows automatically appears. how do i stop this happening Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64-bit SP2; Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) as well as your IE version when posting in an IE-specific forum or newsgroup. Please do so in your next reply. 1. Does the behavior persist if you start IE in No Add-ons mode? To start IE in No Add-ons mode: => Start | (All) Programs | Accessories | System Tools | Internet Explorer (No add-ons). Troubleshooting and Internet Explorer’s (No Add-ons)...

Integration Manager Greyed Out
What would cause "Integration Manager" (Tools >> Integrate) to be grayed out, but "Run Integration" is available. My guess is a security setting, but I can't find it. What version of GP are you using? I've seen situations where Int Mgr was not available from the menu and I had to put it on the shortcut bar. You can also check dex.ini and verify the line exists: IMPath=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Business Solutions\Integration Manager\IM.EXE IMExecPath=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Business Solutions\Integration Manager\IMRun.EXE "Jed Perlowin"...

Business Contact Manager #19
I have installed Office 2003 and Business Contact Manager, but BCM is not starting with Outlook. I have the same product installed in my laptop, which runs Windows XP Home, and it is working fine. It even shows a Menu for BCM. The desktop runs windows XP professional and it is using Exchange Server 5.5 Thanks Try her: http://www.slipstick.com/bcm/bcmfaq.aspx "Lucio" <lucioaurelio@msn.com> wrote in message news:61ca01c3e5db$efec1190$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I have installed Office 2003 and Business Contact Manager, > but BCM is not starting with Outlook. I have the ...

Drag a column header here to group by that colum
When we are in outlook and we are on the inbox view we notice a greyed out field above the pane where the email messages in our inbox reside and the pane has the following heading... "Drag a column header here to group by that column". How can we get rid of this field? Thanking you in advance. Jack Right click the column headers and deselect Group By Box -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Jack Kuzuian" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mes...

Users Listed in the Managed by Box Are Unable to Manage Groups
Hi, I have multi-domain AD 2000 forest in our organization. Most of DC controllers are Windows 2003 . Our Exchange 2003 server is in the same site as one of Global Catalog servers. Any user including Domain Admins or Enterprise Admins can't change membership of Universal Distribution Groups in Outlook 2002 or 2003. I tried Microsoft knowledgebase articles : http://support.microsoft.com/kb/281489/EN-US/ and http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;319206 but it doesn't help. What can be the problem ? Alex Tager IT admin Eh? Did you follow those articles corre...

Grouping data query
Hi, I've got grouped sql sitting in an excel sheet as follows: Cat Supplier Amount A A 1 A B 12 A D 7 B B 23 B C 9 B E 30 I'm trying to create grouped bars on Category, with bars in the groups representing the amounts per supplier. I've tried getting the Chart wizard to do this to no avail, as each line becomes a bar Excel 2003. What am I missing? Thanks, Alex Hi Alex, You want to look into PivotTables and PivotCharts for grouping. Microsoft.com and the internet have lots of info ...

Worksheet management
I'm struggling with worksheet and workbook management. I'm hopeful that someobody has a solution that I can't seem to come up with. I've searched and can't find any mention of this particular issue. I have a workbook with 10 worksheets in it. I have 2 copies of this workbook (one for each of my two clients ;-)). Worksheets 2 through 10 are identical in both workbooks. Worksheet 1 has the "data" for the individual client. The formulas in worksheets 2 through 10 reference the data on worksheet 1, as well as varioious other cells on other worksheets. That is, ...

Can't manage Public Folders (error c1030af1)
Hello, I am in the process of moving Exchange 2003 Standard to a new 2003 server on our domain. I have successfully transferred all of the mailboxes and I'm getting to the point where I have to re-home the offline address book and public system folders to the new server before removing the original server. When I try to access Public Folders in Exchange System Manager on either server, I get this error: The requested operation is forbidden. ID no: c1030af1 Exchange System Manager While searching for this error I came upon this document from Microsoft, which suggests this is a pro...

Workflow manager, User manager in Deployment Manager
I have intsalled CRM 1.2 from our msdn subscription..with Adventure works cycle license..on windows 2003 server enterprise edition, which also has MS-SQL 2000 server with Reporting Services. I can access the crm web application through IE...but when i try to run Workflow manager or try the User manager in Deployment Manager...i can't connect...i get the message saying that ...server is not responding...may not be crm server.... i tried names, ipaddress, with and without ports...no luck... i am logged on to the machine/server with Administrator account, which i used to install the...

Inventory Management
Dear All, I am not the best hand @ Excel, so would like your help on this. The situation is something like this.... I deal in timber. I receive logs in my log park. When ever I receive a log in my log park, each log is given a unique number and its details liek the diameter, length, speies, volume etc. are noted down. All these dataare then entered into Excel and maintained there in simple Excel sheet, columnwise. Like this i accumulate thousands of logs. The problem ocurs when i ship out these logs. The logs are not stacked in any order. They are just stacked randomly. So, out of thousa...

How I teste if a Contact has no Account in Workflow Manager?
Hi, I am created a rule who need test if a contact has no=20 account.=20 In the Workflow manager I insert a condition and a test of=20 object condition, but I can't test if a contact has no=20 account, only if the account of the contact is equal or=20 not equals to other.=20 Somebody can help me? Thank you for pay attention and sorry my bad english. []=B4s Vin=EDcius Hola Vinicius I checked this and didn't get it as well. You could use the sdk creating an userdefiend workflow. Steffen "Vin�cius Pitta Lima de Ara�jo" <vinipitta@yahoo.com.br> schrieb im Newsbeitrag ...

Sales Transaction Distribution Entry
Transaction --> Sales --> Transaction Entry : When credit card/cash is selected to show the revenue the distribution tab will show the following details : Debit Credit Sale A/c 1250.00 Credit Card A/c 1250.00 Account Receivable A/c 1250.00 Account Receivable A/c 1250.00 Why is it showing the "Accounts Receivable" when the transaction has been done by Credit Card? Do you have Separate Payment Distributions checked in Company Setup Options? (I...

Portfolio Manager
When I select the Performance view and Investment Type grouping my Mkt. Value column does not compute correctly for some of my investments. Also the subtotals do not add up correctly in the Mkt. Value column. Any suggestions on making the insanity stop? I was told by Microsoft support twice that this was a programming error and would be corrected by November 1, but, of course it wasn't. "flickib1" wrote: > When I select the Performance view and Investment Type grouping my Mkt. Value > column does not compute correctly for some of my investments. Also the > ...

managing multiple worksheets 12-03-09
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I am working on a workbook that contains 20 worksheets and it's difficult to scroll through all of them. Is there a way to combine/group some of the tabs so as not to have to scroll trough 20 tabs all the time? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000D_01CA742A.709B8810 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable GLC - Here's one thing to try: To the left of the sheet tabs there are four = arrow navigation ...

How to group mail...
Hi, I am trying to to do the following with Outlook 2003 and a POP3 account... Under 'Advanced E-mail options' you have the option 'In folders other than the Inbox, save replies with original message'... With this option selected I want to have my replies send to an e-mail being grouped... Like... +Mail from: mail@domain1.com Subject: Test 1 My reply: mymail@mydomain.com Re: Test 1 His reply +Mail from: mail@domain1.com Subject: Test 2 My reply: mymail@mydomain.com Re: Test2 His reply ... Is this possible with Outlook 2003?? If yes, will it also work for mails i...

HRM Approval by Manager and Manager's Manager
We would like there to be a way that HRM uses a company's organization chart to allow multiple levels of managers to approve their own task items, as well as the tasks of those below them (if those people are gone unexpectedly or only need a certain task to be completed on their behalf). There is a task transfer option, but that will only work if you know ahead of time that you will be gone, and that you can transfer all your pending tasks to the same person. So, basically, we want the manager/supervisor of another manager/supervisor to be able to complete the tasks of anyone belo...

Group by & Sum
Good afternoon, I’m trying to sum and group data in a query. Right now my query looks like this (example below) multiple PERL entries Account JobType Volume Count Average Page Total Postage PERL Bill 12345 1.69 134.55 22845 193 325 PERL Bill 78963 96.1 554.31 54822 391 523 PERL Letters 67890 4.54 98.25 26475 257 446 PERL Fin State 123435 7.39 61.95 30105 321 567 PERL PostC 178980 10.24 25.65 33735 385 688 PERL NCO 234525 13.09 10.65 37365 449 809 PERL CAN 290070 15.94 46.95 40995 513 930 PERL Mec 345615 18.79 83.25 44625 577 1051 PERL Fld Ply 401160 21.64 119.55 48255 641 1172 PER...