managed folder policy

Hi all,

In exchange 2003 I have mailbox manager settings set up (which delete users'
deleted items in their deleted item folder).  How should I set up this policy
in the EXchange 2007?  (any steps appreciated)

thank you!

New-ManagedContentSettings  Name 'Purge Deleted Items After 60
Days' –FolderName 'Deleted Items' –MessageClass 'All Mailbox
Content' -RetentionAction DeleteAndAllowRecovery -AgeLimitForRetention
'60.00:00:00' -AddressForJournaling
$Null -JournalingEnabled:$False -RetentionEnabled:$True -TriggerForRetention
WhenMoved
--
Ed Crowley MVP
..

> Hi all,
>
> In exchange 2003 I have mailbox manager settings set up (which delete
> users'
> deleted items in their deleted item folder).  How should I set up this
> policy
> in the EXchange 2007?  (any steps appreciated)
>
> thank you!

0
Ed
11/16/2009 5:20:03 PM
On Mon, 16 Nov 2009 09:20:03 -0800, "Ed Crowley [MVP]"
<curspice@nospam.net> wrote:

>New-ManagedContentSettings  Name 'Purge Deleted Items After 60
>Days' �FolderName 'Deleted Items' �MessageClass 'All Mailbox
>Content' -RetentionAction DeleteAndAllowRecovery -AgeLimitForRetention
>'60.00:00:00' -AddressForJournaling
>$Null -JournalingEnabled:$False -RetentionEnabled:$True -TriggerForRetention
>WhenMoved

.. . .  except that "�MessageClass 'All Mailbox Content'" doesn't work.
Use "�MessageClass *" instead.

The 'All Mailbox Content' works in the GUI but the cmdlet (as I found
out to my chagrin when I was creating MRM settings using the cmdlet).

For All mailbox content, use the value *
For the Calendar items message type, use the value IPM.Appointment*
For the Contacts message type, use the value IPM.Contact*
For the Documents message type, use the value IPM.Document*
For the Faxes message type, use the value IPM.Note.Microsoft.Fax
For the Journal items message type, use the value IPM.Activity
For the Meeting requests, responses, and cancellations message type,
use the value IPM.Schedule*
For the Notes message type, use the value IPM.StickyNote
For the Posts message type, use the value IPM.Post
For the RSS items message type, use the value IPM.Post.RSS
For the Tasks message type, use the value IPM.Task*
For the Voice mail message type, use the value
IPM.Note.Microsoft.Voicemail*
---
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
0
Rich

Show/hide Storage folders
There was an option to not show Storage folders but they have shown up again. Can anyone tell me where I can find the option to hide Storage folders again? On the Menu Bar: View | Layout | Folder Pane. Can't see the Menu Bar? Press Alt. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Terry" <Terry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:348B99ED-F285-4EC8-9B62-9EA621CAB526@microsoft.com... > There was an option to not show Storage folders but they have shown up > again. > Can anyone tell me where I can fi...

Daylight saving time and Offline folders + Calendar
Good morning all, I have an issue regarding an Exchange 5.5 server with clients running Outlook 2000 over XP pro. Since the change from GMT to BST any user who is using offline folders has a change in they appointment times which manifests itself as either The time of the appointment moves forward an hour or, in the case of an all day event, it runs for two days (that being the the day of the event and the day before) Has anyone else come across this problem ? If so any help would be most appreciated. Steve ...

Task Scheduler or VBA to simple copy periodically folders contents to external drive
I need to copy periodically all files (without any other data manipulation) from folders W, X, Y on Drive C to folder Z on Drive D. Any existing files would ge ovewritten without prompting. Is it more convenient to process this through Windows Task Scheduler or through VBA ? Help appreciated, J.P. If you need to work only with files, not subfolders, you can use code like the following: Sub AAA() Dim FromFolders As Variant Dim ToFolder As String Dim N As Long Dim FName As String FromFolders = Array("C:\Test", "C:\Test2") ToFo...

Remove the Personal Folders
I can't delete my Personal Folders in Folder list. When I deleted it, it appeared this message : The operation failed. An object could not be found. And i also want to delete it in following step: 1 right click the outlook irons 2 click the properties 3 but i can't see my personal folders in the service bar why??? Personal Folder is the default, it points to the pst file Why are you trying to delete? If you have multiple Personal Folders, ie multiple pst's, close it "eto coffee" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:210001c4a210$b58671c0$...

Outlook 2003 frequently says no folders avaiable...
After I've had the ap running for a while, in the mail window I'll get a message regarding the unavailability of folders and can't display any messages. All email is gone (from view) etc. If I shutdown/restart, everything returns to normal, for a while. My pst corrupt or too big? Or??? Thanks. Might want to include some information with your post if you are asking for help in a newsgroup. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Hotkey" <nope@notnow.net> wrote in message news:8zXBj.72873$yE1.52579@attbi_s21... > After I've had the ap running for a whil...

Deploy GP 10 with Group Policy Deployment GPO
I am trying to deploy Dynamics GP 10 using a Group Policies. I am down to one issues. I cannot deploy the Microsoft Application Error Reporting 11.0. I found what I thought was the MSI file in the \Bin\Watson\dw20shared.msi but I keep getting the following error message. Event Type: Error Event Source: Application Management Event Category: None Event ID: 102 Date: 2/1/2008 Time: 4:00:59 PM User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: TRAINING01 Description: The install of application Microsoft Application Error Reporting from policy GP 10 Install failed. The error was : Fatal error during ...

Problem with Links over shared Windows 2003 folders

publish Excel chart image to WebDav folder
Is it possible to publish gifs of Excel charts to a WebDav folder? I was using the following to publish to a file share but now need to go to WebDav. ChartItem.Export WebReport & ".gif", "GIF", False thanks LJB ...

Public Folder Permissions
I have a user whose USER account has Publishing Editor rights to a public folder. There are 2 other groups added to the PF, one group has reviewer and the other has Editor rights. This user is ALSO a member of those 2 groups. What rights does the user have? (feels like an MCSE test question, huh?) The reason this came up is because the user wants to create sub folders so i made the USER acct permissions Publishing Editor. The user still couldn't add sub folders. I checked the 2 groups and saw that the user is in both groups and that both groups have different access. Thanks all! Mike I...

Accessing folder 'Other Contacts'
I am programming in VBA Several users are using Outlook in a network environment. Each of them hat its own 'Contacts'. They have shared their addresslists so that I can lookup en change the contacts fields from my workstation. I would like to access these Contactlists by using VBA. Therefor, i found via the help function some code and tried to open the contact of a user called 'DE DAUW' and whose contacts I can see in the 'Other Contacts'. Impossible to get into the 'DE DAUW' addresslist. Who can help me ? Dim MyApp As Outlook.Applicat...

Hotmail Spam Folder
Hello Experts, I opened my Outlook 2003 to check my emails as ussual and found out that my Hotmail Spam Folder is gone, how could this be possible?? How do i get it back or activate it again?? I need this folder because sometimes i receive important mails there and since i have a setting to wipe and clean Spam Folder once a day (at the end of the day). Thanks for your help, it will be appreciated. Jaime R. ...

Move sent items to the sent folder
Sent items are displayed in the specific account folder but not in the storage folder. Is there any way to have sent items automatically moved into the storage folder? Thanks One can manually move them from an account Sent Items folder to the Storage folders Sent Items folder or to a user created folder in the Storage folders. One can also create a rule and apply it manually to move from a Pop3 account Sent Items folder to a user created folder(e.g. SentMail) in the Storage folders -- ...winston ms-mvp mail "Thfrank" <thfrank@aol.com> wrote in me...

Public Folders #2
I have added the outlook registry entry that lets me view certain types of documents within emails, i.e .exe, .bat, .chm and so on..... But, when I try to open them from within public folders, it only lets me save them to disk. This is not what I want as I have docs in there that get updated every day and I would like to open them from within the mail so it saves the changes directly to it, rather than saving it to disk, editing, saving again and then adding back into the posted item. So to sum up.... How can I stop it so that it doesnt only give me the option to save the attachment to disk?...

Understanding .pst folders,and how Outlook differs from OE.
Hi, I'm new to MS Outlook 2003, and am finding it difficult to understand the difference between Outlook and OE. I just want to make sure my observations are correct. OE stores email in multiple files with the .dbx extension, whereas Outlook stores email in one file, the *pst file. The disadvantage with this is with outlook you only have to backup the new files you create, i.e. if you have a client and you sort his emails by year, you only have to backup 2008, not 2007, 2006 etc. Not so with Outlook...you only have ONE file for everything..the .pst file. So you have to keep back...

Free Busy Folder
Hi, How do I create a free busy folder in Exchange 2000 ?? The old free busy folder is gone and we have no way of retrieving this so I need to create a new free busy folder. Any help be appreciated. Many Thanks Paul... "Paul" <Paul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I create a free busy folder in Exchange 2000 ?? See this KB article: XADM: How to Reset System Folders on an Exchange 2000 Server [275171] -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm ...

Syncronization of public folders
I use Outlook with Exchnage 2003 and I want to syncronize some public folders to make them available when I am using outlook offline. Is this possible? Any help would be much appreciated. ACM Yes, add the public folders to your favorites. /neo ps - outlook 2003 will require you to check a box to get pfs added to favorites to sync. (its part of the cached folder options) "ACM123" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2bd9701c468d3$30055320$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I use Outlook with Exchnage 2003 and I want to syncronize > some public folders to...

Campagne Management and Offers in Microsoft Word
Hello, i ve seen the new mscrm 1.2 and i had two questions: 1. Is it possible to realize campagnes via mail and then is it possible that a person, who gets an mail caused by the campagne could register for example for a conference? 2. is it possible to create an offer in mscrm and the export it to ms word using our company word templates. Thanks for your help Hello! 1) In MS CRM 1.2 there is no campagnen managment. 2) It is possible thru the Outlook SFO! But there are some limitations. You can not use custom fields and also no data from the potential customer,.. We have developed for t...

Desktop Folder Copy or Same?
Hi, I have a folder on my desktop named Frank. It consists of several subordinate folders and files. If I right click it I do not see properties and it does not have the short cut arrow. This folder contains exactly the same subordinate structure,files and folders as does C:\Users\Owner. In other words, Owner and Frank are identical. Can I delete it without losing C:\Users\Owner ? I have always been confused to see C: subordinate to desktop. The path displayed by Windows Explorer is Desktop > Computer > C: Since everything must be on C:, I would think C: would begin the ...

Problem with custom business contact manager forms
When adding new fields or adjusting existing ones in an existing BCM form ie Business Contact and pressing Publish Form, I'm getting the message 'Unable to successfully publish the form due to a MAPI error. OpenPropery: cannot open properties which are computed'. The procedure works perfectly on Outlook Contact forms. I use Outlook 2003 on XP home. Have you followed the instructions on my blog (first link below) for customizing BCM forms? You can't customize them exactly the same way as standard Outlook forms. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP Author - Special Editio...

repost: outlook.exe/winword.exe linger in task manager
Hi there Please can you help with this problem ... I'm using Word as my email editor. When I close Outlook (as just before I shut down my machine), I notice that both Word and Outlook linger in the Task Manager. I can't open either Outlook or Word again without ending both processes in the Task Manager, and my machine takes a bit of time to shut down (at least an extra minute before each process must be manually ended). When I use Active Ports or similar utility, I notice that Outlook continues to communicate with the Exchange Server for some time (hours) after I have closed it down...

Sending emails from Public Folder
Hi, I have a public folder on the exchange server which is email-enabled. I am able to receive messages into it but cannot find a way to send messages from it. I have the folder in MS Outlook and whenever I click on the folder and try to send a message it displays my personal email address as the "Sender" (it's the same case with replies from the folder). How can I cause this folder to act like a mailbox so I can send and receive messages from it? On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 13:34:02 -0700, "sdhillon" <sdhillon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, I have a pub...

HELP!!! Deleting "misplaced" files inside System Volume Information Folder (in external HDD)
Guys, The title pretty much says what I am having trouble with. I am not technically gifted that's why if you guys could help me out, I'd really really appreciate it. Here's the problem, I accidentally dragged a huge amount of file inside the System Volume Information of my external hdd. I tried the old posts somewhat addressing the similar problem (even went to the extent of installing windirstat) just to try and delete the unnecessary files but I still couldn't remove it from the folder. I am using Vista if this would help. Also, if its best that I delete the S...

Mailbox manager #11
is it possible to use a recipient policy to clear out an inbox for just one person? how can i set it up and then start immediately?? thank you. Hi Jak, Yes it is possible just crete a filter so that the policy is only applied to the perticular person/s, then to run the policy immediately just right click on your server from Exchange System Manager and click "Start Mailbox management process" For more information look at this Microsoft KB artlicle: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=319188 Regards -- Ben Hoffman MCP (Win2000 Pro/Server & Exchange 2003 Admin) http://www...

email folder parameters
After deleting and re-installing my Wordperfect program... when I tried to open my microsoft "Mail" folder, I receieved the following message: "Unable to display the selected folder or item; could not complete the operation. One of more parameter values are not valid" What do I do to reset the parameters or values and/or validate them? Right now, Corel 8 settings is the only option given Thanks, Bernadette What program are you using for "microsoft mail?" --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due ...

Deleting Public Folders
We have Exchange 2000 and have a public folder setup by a user that is no longer with the company. He was the only one with owner permissions on this folder so he is the only one that would have been allowed to delete it. How do we delete it out of the exchange server? Thanks. did you try logging in using the exchange system manager and changing the permissions or deleting it? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.poremsky.com - http://www.cdolive.com Expert Zone http://www.microsoft.com/...