managed folder policy

Hi all,

In exchange 2003 I have mailbox manager settings set up (which delete users'
deleted items in their deleted item folder).  How should I set up this policy
in the EXchange 2007?  (any steps appreciated)

thank you!

New-ManagedContentSettings  Name 'Purge Deleted Items After 60
Days' –FolderName 'Deleted Items' –MessageClass 'All Mailbox
Content' -RetentionAction DeleteAndAllowRecovery -AgeLimitForRetention
'60.00:00:00' -AddressForJournaling
$Null -JournalingEnabled:$False -RetentionEnabled:$True -TriggerForRetention
WhenMoved
--
Ed Crowley MVP
..

> Hi all,
>
> In exchange 2003 I have mailbox manager settings set up (which delete
> users'
> deleted items in their deleted item folder).  How should I set up this
> policy
> in the EXchange 2007?  (any steps appreciated)
>
> thank you!

0
Ed
11/16/2009 5:20:03 PM
On Mon, 16 Nov 2009 09:20:03 -0800, "Ed Crowley [MVP]"
<curspice@nospam.net> wrote:

>New-ManagedContentSettings  Name 'Purge Deleted Items After 60
>Days' �FolderName 'Deleted Items' �MessageClass 'All Mailbox
>Content' -RetentionAction DeleteAndAllowRecovery -AgeLimitForRetention
>'60.00:00:00' -AddressForJournaling
>$Null -JournalingEnabled:$False -RetentionEnabled:$True -TriggerForRetention
>WhenMoved

.. . .  except that "�MessageClass 'All Mailbox Content'" doesn't work.
Use "�MessageClass *" instead.

The 'All Mailbox Content' works in the GUI but the cmdlet (as I found
out to my chagrin when I was creating MRM settings using the cmdlet).

For All mailbox content, use the value *
For the Calendar items message type, use the value IPM.Appointment*
For the Contacts message type, use the value IPM.Contact*
For the Documents message type, use the value IPM.Document*
For the Faxes message type, use the value IPM.Note.Microsoft.Fax
For the Journal items message type, use the value IPM.Activity
For the Meeting requests, responses, and cancellations message type,
use the value IPM.Schedule*
For the Notes message type, use the value IPM.StickyNote
For the Posts message type, use the value IPM.Post
For the RSS items message type, use the value IPM.Post.RSS
For the Tasks message type, use the value IPM.Task*
For the Voice mail message type, use the value
IPM.Note.Microsoft.Voicemail*
---
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
0
Rich

focus policy
I have trouble determining what happens to the focus in the following cases where window1 is the parent and window2 is the child: 1. focus is set to window1. Does window1 delegate the focus to its top level visible child, window2? Would it be any different if window2 entirely covered window1's surface? 2. window2 has the focus and is then hidden. Does the focus revert back to window1? Thank you. Focus belongs to a window. A window does not "delegate" focus in a general sense, although any window is free to SetFocus to anywhere it feels like. Hiding a window does not, as best...

Outlook XP: how can I force Folder List view on startup?
Hello, Can anyone please tell me how I can force Outlook XP to display the folder list view on startup using a registry key or GPO? The instructions for Outlook 2003 at the WunderBar instructions in the link below don't appear to work: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA011182481033.aspx Just completing a migration over the weekend and it'll be confusing for the users if they don't see all their folders straight off on Monday. Thanks, - Alan. You just upgraded your users to a long ago non-supported Office version? WOW! Having said that, what setting are you using r...

I need a Excel template for property management
I own three rental properties and I'm looking for a simple template for Excel that will allow me to merely track expenses and income. The simpler the better. this might help. Or, ask someone for custom programming. http://tinyurl.com/6svu2 -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Bob" <Bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B845B7C4-0DAA-40A3-880A-FD0A6F298AFD@microsoft.com... > I own three rental properties and I'm looking for a simple template for Excel > that will allow me to merely track expenses and income. The simpler the >...

Searching the Dumpster for all Folders and Users #2
Hi Is there any way for an administrator to search all users dumpsters for deleted emails? Any advice would be much appreicated. Thanks B ...

Risk management
Hi. I have searched wide and high for a risk management spread sheet to calulate a budget using the principles "proactive management". Anyone with a sugestione? Thanks. Ole ...

How to default the "From:" value when replying to email in public folders
Does anyone know if it's possible to configure an exchange 2003 public folder to automatically fill in the FROM: field when replying to email sent to a public folder. For example, i've created a public folder to receive all mail sent to support@domain.com. Regardless of which support staff member replies to email in that folder, i want the FROM: field to automatically appear as support@domain.com - not the support persons personal email address. I know that if i leave it up to the support staff to manually change the FROM: field, they'll forget to do that. Thanks. p.s. assume ...

OL2K can't kill Personal Folders...?
Howdy, I can't seem to remove a set of Personal Folders from the folder tree in OL2K SP3. Here's the situation: I travel with a notebook. I run OL on it. After a few days, I copied its (new, and thus very small) PST file to my desktop system. I added the new PST in Tools | Services so that at that point I had two sets of Personal Folders displayed in the tree. I then copied messages from the small PST to the larger PST that my desktop ordinarily uses. When that was done, I went back into Tools | Services to remove the PST that I no longer needed. With that completed, I was surpri...

Managed Newsgroup access denied
I am unable to access the managed newsgroups since they changed the secure code last week. I have followed the instructions to reregister but I still get the error 'access denied'. Any idea what could be causing this? They have answered one of my questions from last week but I've been unable to get in to see it. Thanks for any help. Tracey D Tracey, email me with your registered GP company name so I can verify, and I will escalate this for you. -Mike -- Micheal LoPatriello Coordinator, Luna Development mlopat@lunadevelopment.com http://www.lunadevelopment.com "T...

Office Smart Tag Manager
Good afternoon, I have the following error with Office Smart Tag Manager for Great Plains: Error: Database Connection Problem Possible causes include: This user accounts is not a member of any smart tag groups Bad connection information SQL Server is not running No smart Tag groups configured Please verify and try again. Which the procedure is to solve this error? I already erased all tables and store procedures of database Dynamics already Uninstall the product and I installed it again and the problem persists. that I make? ...

Public folder root permissions
I was recently changing permissions on the Root Public folder, the folder that allows other folders to be created. In changing the permissions I changed the everyone to deny all. I know, that was a really bad move. Right now I cannot access the permissions or even create a public folder. When I right click on the root public folder the option to create a public folder is grayed out. I assigned myself as Domain admin, and still no dice. Is there anyway of getting the those permissions changed? Hi, "SOX" <SOX@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:E9FA0...

File Cache Manager With SRAM in WINCE 6.0
Hi, I m developing a back-up utility which automatically backs up the transaction data to a permanent storage (NOR flash). Transaction data will be triggered very frequently and existing transaction data files may be modified frequently. Therefore I need a RAM based cache file system along with a permanent storage. My questions are, 1. I m trying to use File Cache Manager to accomplish it. Is this a correct solution? 2. If YES, how can i use my SRAM (not the SDRAM) to store the cached files? (In case of a power fluctuation, SRAM is more reliable than SDRAM, therefore we sele...

manage add-ons
when i turn on IE8 the manage add-ons windows automatically appears. how do i stop this happening Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64-bit SP2; Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) as well as your IE version when posting in an IE-specific forum or newsgroup. Please do so in your next reply. 1. Does the behavior persist if you start IE in No Add-ons mode? To start IE in No Add-ons mode: => Start | (All) Programs | Accessories | System Tools | Internet Explorer (No add-ons). Troubleshooting and Internet Explorer’s (No Add-ons)...

Integration Manager Greyed Out
What would cause "Integration Manager" (Tools >> Integrate) to be grayed out, but "Run Integration" is available. My guess is a security setting, but I can't find it. What version of GP are you using? I've seen situations where Int Mgr was not available from the menu and I had to put it on the shortcut bar. You can also check dex.ini and verify the line exists: IMPath=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Business Solutions\Integration Manager\IM.EXE IMExecPath=C:\Program Files\Microsoft Business Solutions\Integration Manager\IMRun.EXE "Jed Perlowin"...

How do I remove a folder in Outlook?
I have followed the instructions to remove a folder in Outlook 2007. But when I try to delete, it says the folder is full, when in fact, there is nothing in it. Any ideas? It is probably the pst-file that has reached its maximum size or holds errors. See the solutions posted here; http://www.msoutlook.info/question288 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "Rob A" <...

Business Contact Manager #19
I have installed Office 2003 and Business Contact Manager, but BCM is not starting with Outlook. I have the same product installed in my laptop, which runs Windows XP Home, and it is working fine. It even shows a Menu for BCM. The desktop runs windows XP professional and it is using Exchange Server 5.5 Thanks Try her: http://www.slipstick.com/bcm/bcmfaq.aspx "Lucio" <lucioaurelio@msn.com> wrote in message news:61ca01c3e5db$efec1190$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I have installed Office 2003 and Business Contact Manager, > but BCM is not starting with Outlook. I have the ...

Users Listed in the Managed by Box Are Unable to Manage Groups
Hi, I have multi-domain AD 2000 forest in our organization. Most of DC controllers are Windows 2003 . Our Exchange 2003 server is in the same site as one of Global Catalog servers. Any user including Domain Admins or Enterprise Admins can't change membership of Universal Distribution Groups in Outlook 2002 or 2003. I tried Microsoft knowledgebase articles : http://support.microsoft.com/kb/281489/EN-US/ and http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;319206 but it doesn't help. What can be the problem ? Alex Tager IT admin Eh? Did you follow those articles corre...

Open folder dialog
I know how to use CFileDialog to open a file, but how do I do to open a folder? Joachim wrote: > I know how to use CFileDialog to open a file, but how do I do to open a folder? See SHBrowseForFolder -- Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP] This might help you: http://www.codeproject.com/dialog/XBrowseForFolder.asp Tom "Joachim" <Joachim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F020FA25-0EB4-426C-8C44-954CBFDD1602@microsoft.com... >I know how to use CFileDialog to open a file, but how do I do to open a >folder? ...

Worksheet management
I'm struggling with worksheet and workbook management. I'm hopeful that someobody has a solution that I can't seem to come up with. I've searched and can't find any mention of this particular issue. I have a workbook with 10 worksheets in it. I have 2 copies of this workbook (one for each of my two clients ;-)). Worksheets 2 through 10 are identical in both workbooks. Worksheet 1 has the "data" for the individual client. The formulas in worksheets 2 through 10 reference the data on worksheet 1, as well as varioious other cells on other worksheets. That is, ...

Searching sub folders in a Public folder
I have a user that wants to search through sub folders in a Public folder, but the option to search the sub folders is ghosted out. Can this check box be unghosted out? This check box is located under: Advanced Find, Browse. Thanks, John Though modern exchange servers seem to support recursive search folders, the option is disabled in exchange public folders and can not be enabled. There is no way for turning this on. Maybe it is disabled to prevent a few thousand users in a big Exchange installation to search through all folders at the same time. There are some applications which ...

Can't manage Public Folders (error c1030af1)
Hello, I am in the process of moving Exchange 2003 Standard to a new 2003 server on our domain. I have successfully transferred all of the mailboxes and I'm getting to the point where I have to re-home the offline address book and public system folders to the new server before removing the original server. When I try to access Public Folders in Exchange System Manager on either server, I get this error: The requested operation is forbidden. ID no: c1030af1 Exchange System Manager While searching for this error I came upon this document from Microsoft, which suggests this is a pro...

Workflow manager, User manager in Deployment Manager
I have intsalled CRM 1.2 from our msdn subscription..with Adventure works cycle license..on windows 2003 server enterprise edition, which also has MS-SQL 2000 server with Reporting Services. I can access the crm web application through IE...but when i try to run Workflow manager or try the User manager in Deployment Manager...i can't connect...i get the message saying that ...server is not responding...may not be crm server.... i tried names, ipaddress, with and without ports...no luck... i am logged on to the machine/server with Administrator account, which i used to install the...

Sent Folder
I cannot find a a way of extending the number of days held in the Sent Items folder. I am using Outlook 2007. My work outlook 2003 seems to keep things forever. -- TimD It depends what view you have set or what archive settings you are using "TimD" <TimD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B1E5ADE0-C798-4F44-9CE5-624EFF6806E1@microsoft.com... >I cannot find a a way of extending the number of days held in the Sent >Items > folder. I am using Outlook 2007. My work outlook 2003 seems to keep things > forever. > -- > TimD ...

Public Folder Permissions #8
We have an Exchange 2003 server running on SBS 2003 Standard Edition. I want all users to have "owner" rights for all public folders. What I cannot figure out is this: - How to change permissions for the root of Public Folders so that all new folders created will inherit the same permissions - How to change permissions for already existing Public Folders, without having to change them one-by-one for each folder (there are almost 100 of them...) Thanks! CDK Via Exchange System Manager, set Top-Level "Create" permissions to only Admins, then at the 2nd level chan...

Removing an Individual Folder from the Folder list
How do you remove Personal Folders that appear in my OL2000 folder list, if they do not appear in the Exchange server properties list? The following message appears, when I try to delete the folders: The file G:\personal folders\personal folders 2003.pst could not be found. I would like to remove the folder from the folder list. Can you see the folder in the Personal Folder or Inbox drop down lists when you open Outlook? If so, click on it, then hit the Delete key. ----- lisa wrote: ----- How do you remove Personal Folders that appear in my OL2000 folder list...

Inventory Management
Dear All, I am not the best hand @ Excel, so would like your help on this. The situation is something like this.... I deal in timber. I receive logs in my log park. When ever I receive a log in my log park, each log is given a unique number and its details liek the diameter, length, speies, volume etc. are noted down. All these dataare then entered into Excel and maintained there in simple Excel sheet, columnwise. Like this i accumulate thousands of logs. The problem ocurs when i ship out these logs. The logs are not stacked in any order. They are just stacked randomly. So, out of thousa...