Make Personal Calendar Read Only

I would like to make a users personal calendar read-only to the user.
The individuals calendar is delegated to about 5 others and they need
full access, but I do not want the end-user to have full access but
read only.

How do I go about changing these permissions?

Thanks,
Brian

0
bjorgenson (31)

I don't believe that is even possible through the standard means, it is a
little bizarre. You may be able to do it through a tool like ADSIEdit.

Nue
"HoosierDaddy" <bjorgenson@charter.net> wrote in message
>I would like to make a users personal calendar read-only to the user.
> The individuals calendar is delegated to about 5 others and they need
> full access, but I do not want the end-user to have full access but
> read only.
>
> How do I go about changing these permissions?
>
> Thanks,
> Brian

0
imaneophyte (3004)
2/6/2006 6:29:11 PM
On 6 Feb 2006 10:20:53 -0800, "HoosierDaddy" <bjorgenson@charter.net>
wrote:

>I would like to make a users personal calendar read-only to the user.
>The individuals calendar is delegated to about 5 others and they need
>full access, but I do not want the end-user to have full access but
>read only.

If the "end-user" is the owner of the mailbox, then you can not do
this.

>How do I go about changing these permissions?
>
>Thanks,
>Brian
0
adavid (8731)
2/6/2006 6:34:35 PM
So it sounds like a boss and 5 administrative assistants keeping his/her
calendar?  You don't trust the boss to keep their hands off the calendar so
you want them to have read only access?

If so, I suggest you take a different path.  Create a Public folder which
contains the bosses' business related appointments and assign permissions
appropriately to this calendar.  You can then allow the boss to have full
access to their "personal" calendar so they can keep track of things like
their kid's soccer games, etc., without the chance of them screwing up the
business calendar.
--
David Bermingham, MCSE, MCSA:Messaging
Senior Windows System Engineer

"HoosierDaddy" <bjorgenson@charter.net> wrote in message
> I would like to make a users personal calendar read-only to the user.
> The individuals calendar is delegated to about 5 others and they need
> full access, but I do not want the end-user to have full access but
> read only.
>
> How do I go about changing these permissions?
>
> Thanks,
> Brian

Make Default

Syncing Oulook Calendar to Windows Live Calendar
I have three hotmail accounts that are synced to my OL 07. This means I have three different calendars also under the calendar tab, but I only use one. Unfortunatly, when I first started using OL, the calendar that I started to use was not the default calendar that is automatically synced to my main hotmail account. I do have one other calendar, a work calendar that I use in OL, that must be the default calendar for that main hotmail account, as it syncs just fine. What I want to do, is be able to share/sync/subscribe, whatever I have to do, to get that main calendar to my ma...

verify that an email was read without using a receipt
I'm trying to check to see if there is away that a message was read by the receiver that did not send a read receipt. In news:20181391-62B0-4CFD-95D6-C2323D435B06@microsoft.com, RCNellis <RCNellis@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > I'm trying to check to see if there is away that a message was read > by the receiver that did not send a read receipt. Ask them, or see whether they did the thing that you asked them to do in the message you sent. :) ...

making a transfer show up in the budget

making tickets

Outlook Calendar Resources becomes Attendee after edit
In Outlook 2002, you can book a meeting with a Resource in your calendar. However what is happening is when this person edits the meeting with a resourse in it the resource becomes an Attendee. Any Ideas? ...

AN OPPORTUNITY TO MAKE $$$

After data transfer my Cancelled and Credited Invoices became Read
Hello, we had a consultant in to perform data transfer for us from a test server to our production server. The data came over just fine, but now any of the invoices we had that have status of Cancelled-Cancelled or Cancelled-Credited are not viewable. The error screen displays a message indicating the record is read-only and can not be displayed. How do I fix this? Recheck the security previleges of the user role that you are using to open th invoice. "kathyc" wrote: > Hello, > > we had a consultant in to perform data transfer for us from a test > server to our...

Exchange 2k Public Folders Read Unread Settings
Hi everyone, i have a question concerning The Read / Unread Status on Public Folders. In the Exchange System Manager it is possible to store The Read Unread Status per User, so if the user opens the folder he sees the mails, discussion etc which he read and which not, Actually i want to have a setting, that a group of Persons see which Mails are already read by someone, so thexy dont have to read them .... I had the idea of an eventsink on the folders, but didnt get through ... regards sven ...

Set All Calendars to Reviewer
hi all is it possible to define the default permission at the creation of a mailbox that all the domain users must be reviewer of each other... I found some information (http://www.slipstick.com/exs/permissions.htm#tools) but I wont use a tools to do it... Does anyone have an idea Lucien Not possible without tools as far as I know. If you don't want to pay for a tool, consider writing your own to do the same thing. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "Luls" <lucien.baechler@eef.ch> wrote in message ...

Calendar View?

How to make VLOOKUP work for this

Make Personal Calendar Read Only

Outlook 2003 Calendar
Boss and secretary. Secretary takes a new job elsewhere. Secretary's account was disabled and deleted according to our normal procedures. For some reason, every time the boss has an appointment or meeting scheduled by her new secretary (or anyone else for that matter), we get bounce back message saying that the former secretary's email cannot be found. Below is the exact message: <<<<<<**********<<<<<<< Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: Test date for ****** (former secretary) Sent: 4/7/20...

No message being sent and cannot read some
I am having a problem when sending message form Outlook 2002 (XP) where there is no message text sent. This also happens in reverse when I cannot read some message content. This is really bugging me as I would like to be able to use Outlook rather than Express. ...

Making a bmp transparent
Using Publisher 2000 Windows 98SE Is it possible to make a graphic file transparent? I'm attempting to create a motivational cartoon and would like to have a couple of scenes in the background. To do this I think I need to make an image file transparent. Can it be done? I have Paint Shop Pro and MS Paint. I have the challenge in the file, "Problem.zip" which can be downloaded at: http://www.tinyurl.com/wifs On the "Odds, Ends & Funny Things page. Click on the Snowman. 'Appreciate the help. -- Don -------- Vancouver, USA - One of the great cities in one of...

How to make Frames??
how to make frames in microsoft publisher??? You use the Tool called TEXT FRAME Pretty easy I would have thought - obviously a challenge for some. -- i try to find in tool section.. but there is no button called TEXT FRAME? can u tell me the steps! PLZ!! Thankx.. and one more question.. i would link some sites... but i want that link(site) to be pop up in new window.? how to do it??? i've been trying to find it.. but then it always pop up in same window.. and could u tell me the steps?? plz. Thanzk Trust me, there is most definitely a button called Text Frame. Look in the HEL...

Calendar view in outlook
Hello, Using Outlook 2000, but for some reason, can't view other people's free/busy except for the next 30 days. thanks, ken Figured out my problem...it's a setting on each clients free/busy settings in the calendar options..if you want to see my calendar, I have to set my calendar settings, not vice versa...thanks anyway, ken >-----Original Message----- >Hello, >Using Outlook 2000, but for some reason, can't view other >people's free/busy except for the next 30 days. thanks, ken >. > ...

Cannot find Calendar control in my Excel2002, VBE(additional control)
When I tried to add a calendar control, in VBE control toolbox and right click Refedit and select Additional control, there is no calendar control of any version in the list. Any suggestion , Thanks ** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Software! http://www.ozgrid.com/Services/excel-software-categories.htm ** I'm not sure, but I think I've read that this control is installed when you install Access (just a guess). You may want to use a freeware version of the calendar control. From Ron de Bruin's site: http://www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.h...