mails are not going out side of my domain

hi ,

i have an exchange 2003 (sp1) with windows server 2003(sp1) i have an smtp
filter for exchange which filters the mails coming in my exchange server ,
the scenario is like that , first i have an router then pix firewall and then
smtp filter then my exchange comes ,he domain controller and exchnage are on
same machine. today i am getting a problem is that the mails from hotmail and
yahoo are coming to my exchange but the mails from my exchange are not going
outside ,the error i am getting is given below.

 "Your message with Subject: hi test mail
could not be delivered to the following recipients:

smartali2@hotmail.com

Please do not resend your original message.

Delivery attempts will continue to be made for 5  day(s)."

i have check the smtp protocol by connecting my server through telnet on
port 25 it is connecting through telnet and authanticate the users also but
when i write the command for entering the data it gives me an syntax error,
and i am also unable to connect on port 110  i am telneting to my server
internaly not through outside ,
plzz help me out of this
thanks
regards ...............ALI

That message doesn't look like it's from Exchange.  Have you configured your
Exchange server to forward mail to a smart host?  It looks like your smart
host can't send mail out, and that could be due to the DNS server it's
using.
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

"mohammad ali" <mohammadali@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi ,
>
> i have an exchange 2003 (sp1) with windows server 2003(sp1) i have an smtp
> filter for exchange which filters the mails coming in my exchange server ,
> the scenario is like that , first i have an router then pix firewall and
> then
> smtp filter then my exchange comes ,he domain controller and exchnage are
> on
> same machine. today i am getting a problem is that the mails from hotmail
> and
> yahoo are coming to my exchange but the mails from my exchange are not
> going
> outside ,the error i am getting is given below.
>
> "Your message with Subject: hi test mail
> could not be delivered to the following recipients:
>
> smartali2@hotmail.com
>
> Please do not resend your original message.
>
> Delivery attempts will continue to be made for 5  day(s)."
>
> i have check the smtp protocol by connecting my server through telnet on
> port 25 it is connecting through telnet and authanticate the users also
> but
> when i write the command for entering the data it gives me an syntax
> error,
> and i am also unable to connect on port 110  i am telneting to my server
> internaly not through outside ,
> plzz help me out of this
> thanks
> regards ...............ALI

0
curspice6401 (3487)
9/28/2005 5:35:14 AM
hi , yes i have smart host but i dont think that this is the problem of DNS
if this is the problem of DNS then mails will not entered in my exchange from
outside  , and internaly my mails are working fine ,  i have symantec mail
security for SMTP is installed on my smart host through which my mails are
filtered and going out side and i didnt do any changes in that software so
whats the reason that i am getting that kind of an error.

> hi , yes i have smart host but i dont think that this is the problem of
> DNS
> if this is the problem of DNS then mails will not entered in my exchange
> from
> outside

Incorrect. If you are receiving email, it means everyone else's DNS is ok.
If you can't send mail, it could mean that your smart host isn't resolving
DNS. It could also be something else, but I'd start here first.

>, and internaly my mails are working fine

internal mail doesn't use DNS

>,  i have symantec mail
> security for SMTP is installed on my smart host through which my mails are
> filtered and going out side and i didnt do any changes in that software so
> whats the reason that i am getting that kind of an error.

Did you try telnetting to port 25 from your Exchange box to your Symantec
box, and also from your Symantec box to an external mail server (eg
mx1.hotmail.com) ?

0
wakeupcall (43)

Way to get Word to go back to 100% zoom when maximized
I do a lot of copying and pasting, and consequently I often shrink a Word doc to 75% or so view, so that I can see the entire page, when the Word window itself has been shrunk to half of my screen (so I can view another doc on the other side of the screen). When I maximize one of the Word windows, the zoom setting remains at 75% until I change it back to 100. Is there a way to get Word to reset the zoom setting, when a document is maximized? I know if this is my biggest problem with Word, I got it made.... I'm just wondering if this can be done. :) BTW--I'm on Word 2003 i...

re-downloading mail on Outlook 2003
I just upgraded from Office 97 to Office 2003. Using Outlook 97, my wife and I were able to use different computers but share one email account. The same mail was downloaded to each PC one time. Now, the same mail gets downloaded over and over again on each PC. I obviously can choose to delete the mail from the server so that it only gets read once, but then the second PC will never see it. How can I get the same behavior from Outlook 2003 that I used to have? Reading 500 messages every 10 minutes makes the upgrade really unusable. Try creating a new mail profile on each comput...

How do you a mail message to everyone in your mail database
How do you sending a mail message to everyone is your mail database? I have switched internet dial-up links and need to send a message to everyone. -- Michael Felix felix@attglobal.net You can select all items in your Contacts folder (assuming they all have valid e-mail addresses -- if not, set a filter first so that only those with valid e-mail addresses are showing) and then click Actions | New message to contact. Of course, if you have a lot of contacts, your ISP may balk at sending to so many at once -- if so, you'll have to break up the list somehow. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP -...

OL2003 unable to send mail
Hi In OL2003 when I try to send email I get; 'Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. The following recipient(s) could not be reached: .... None of your email accounts could send to this recipient.' The pc is connected to the internet via a router. Other pcs connected to the router can send mail fine. What is the problem and how can I fix it? Thanks Regards Do you require authentication to send email? check with your provider. "John" <John@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote in message news:%23AzlAxUQFHA.3196@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi ...

Safe sendershould not go to junk mail
Hi, I have an web application sends email, I found outlook 2003 puts the emails to the junk mail folder if multiple emails were sent within a short period of time, about 1 minute. The initial one was ok went to inbox, while the followings went to junk mail. but if the gap between multiple emails sent time was longer, the problem went away. (each one went to inbox). This only happened for outlook 2003, not for outlook xp. The sender address is in the global address list, with the same domain with all my users. (so I think it qualified as safe sender.) Question: How can I turn off this filt...

multiple e-mails
Usin' Outlook or Outlook Express, for some reason I keep gettin' repeat emails. Somebody can send me one and I get the same message two or three times! What can I do, if anything, to cure this problem? Anybody had the same problem? Please don't tell me I'm the only one that has had this problem... Rayce texican@coastaccess.com ...

roadwarrior + principal + multigig e-mail + psts = ???
hi all, here's the deal. we have a principal who travels all the time. she gets an insane amount of legit e-mail with small to large attachments (we cap it at 15 MB, 5 MB is fairly common). her mailbox is capped at 700 MB. this is not enough. we have to archive for her every other month. she has almost 2GBs of PST archives on the network. she wants to have access to them all the time. so we have set up offline files to sync the pst folder. ick. sometimes she'll actually edit the psts on the road and when she gets back she's asked to choose between the network version and her loca...

mails are not going out side of my domain
hi , i have an exchange 2003 (sp1) with windows server 2003(sp1) i have an smtp filter for exchange which filters the mails coming in my exchange server , the scenario is like that , first i have an router then pix firewall and then smtp filter then my exchange comes ,he domain controller and exchnage are on same machine. today i am getting a problem is that the mails from hotmail and yahoo are coming to my exchange but the mails from my exchange are not going outside ,the error i am getting is given below. "Your message with Subject: hi test mail could not be delivered to the fo...

e-mail #17
Microsoft Outlook does not respond to making it my default for e-mail. I have checked all that I know how to. It is checked as my default under "Other" Tab but it continues to send my e-mail to Outlook Express. Why? What am I doing wrong? Orville Cruea <ocruea@columbus.rr.com> wrote: > Microsoft Outlook does not respond to making it my > default for e-mail. I have checked all that I know how > to. It is checked as my default under "Other" Tab but it > continues to send my e-mail to Outlook Express. Why? What > am I doing wrong? What you are doi...

Counts for Mail Folders #2
I'd like to have the total number of messages in all the folders and subfolders of my mailbox to appear on the status bar. I don't think that's possible "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:21235507-8D1A-49F6-8ACA-AEFF12922B79@microsoft.com... > I'd like to have the total number of messages in all the folders and > subfolders of my mailbox to appear on the status bar. ...

Importing old MS Mail folders
I need to import the shared folders and global address book from an old MS Mail postoffice. I have seen some discussions concerning migrating mailboxes but very little at that. Can anyone point me in the right direction? THanx! ...

Exchange: Internal domain email address for external internet based email accounts
Hi, Management want to arrange it that affiliated individuals can have an email address alias from our domain, that will automatically be forwarded on to their internet based email accounts (hotmail, yahoo mail etc). I know I can do this by creating user accounts with mailboxes and then setting a forward to a contact containing their internet based email addresses, but this seems rather inefficient - there is no need for their mails to accumulate on mailboxes on our email servers. Is there a better solution, where outside users can email to an address that looks like it sits on our domain, bu...

repititive e-mails
Outlook 2002 in Office XP When sending, the mail does not leave the outbox and sends over and over again, never making it to the sent items folder. The recipients are getting it multiple times. How to fix? ...

Unable to send e-mails, but can receive e-mail.
I have re-installed Windows Outlook 2000 but now I can not receive e-mails. My network configuration is correct. My IP address and server are correctly labeled, but I still can not receive e-mail. Everyone on the server are not having any problems. What should I do? Hi - which is it you're having a problem with? Your subject line & message content are contradictory... Are you connecting to an Exchange server? What kind of mail account are you having problems with? What errors do you get? GJimenez wrote: > I have re-installed Windows Outlook 2000 but now I can not > receive...

Mail receiveing but not sending
Since setting up my mail to use SMTP instead of pop3 I can recieve mail fine but when I send mail it goes but doesn't turn up at the other end! I used the ICW in sbs 2003 to configure it. I've checked the queues on the exchange server but there all empty. My exchange Small Business SMTP connector Properties are set to forward all mail through a smart host. currently smtp.ozemail.com.au!! Not sure why this is happening! Any help would be appreciated! Thanks Any help from SBS newsgroup? John wrote: > Since setting up my mail to use SMTP instead of pop3 I can > recie...

Incoming mail server changes to "localhost" after windows is restarting
hi... this is the problem i am facing...can anyone help me "Incoming mail server changes to "localhost" after windows is restarting" pls reply in vijai@fourdtech.co.in" Thanks & Regards Vijay The most likely reason is that you have an antivirus solution installed that can scan e-mail as it is downloaded. You would need to disable the scanning of e-mail to get what you describe to stop. "vijai@fourdtech.co.in" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:146d01c4a20a$b5ca8e60$a301280a@phx.gbl... > hi... > > this is ...

Replicate mail boxes?
is it possable to replicate mail boxes? I would like to do this while we migrate fully over to our new server? What are you trying to accomplish? replicate Stores? At byte and block levels using 3rd party products like NSI, or from storage vendors like NetApp (SnapMirror) and EMC. Exchange 12 is reported to have log shipping. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "Josh" <Jsawyer@insightbb.com> wrote in message news:e$ZlNv66FHA.4076@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > is it possable to replicate mail...

change mail format for contacts
For the iphone, attachments come over as winmail.dat and the solution is to change the mail format in options, mail format to HTML. Also the individual contacts needs to be changed by double clicking the email address and changing the internet format to Send Plain Text only. After these changes are made, the attachments come over fine. I have had problems with this issue with some contact before. I would love to be able to make this change globally instead of having to edit all contacts. Can this be done. It can be done with some VBA code, which you'll find here: ht...

Mailing in a test enviornment
I have a CRM ans SQL server configure on a single machine and the Domain controleer along with exchange Server on a seperate machine. Till some time back Mails could be sent via CRM and they could be seen in the history tab. Suddenly when i try to send mails vai CRM, it gives me the following error: Unexpected Error for more information contact your system administrator. I have checked all the necessary services required for the excahnge enviornment. The exchange router has been reinstalled as well. Still cannot figure out why I am getting this error. Thank for your help in advance Jus...

delete blocked senders messages on receipt why junk mail them?
Why is it that after going to all the trouble of putting people onto a blocked senders list the filter still puts their messages into the junk mail folder for you to delete them? Or am I understanding the training wrong? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane....

cannot receive mail, delete mail, or send mail. get an error message.
Now I know why I switch between Outlook Express and Outlook: Both cease to function at one point in time. In Outlook 2000, I cannot receive mail; I cannot delete mail; I cannot use the calendar function. Here are the messages: When I click receive mail, I get: C:Windows\ApplicationData\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook.pst could not be accessed.access denied. and: (Account:'incoming.verizon.net',PPO3server:'incoming.verizo n.net',error number:0x800040116). I cannot delete. I get the following message:C:Windows\ApplicationData\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook ..pst could not be accessed...

Not able to send or receive with windows mail.
I have set up windows mail but are not able to send or recveive mail i have this error msg come up was wondering if someone might have some ideas on how i fix this prob. Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'Windows Mail', Server: 'yahoo.com.au', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F Thanks "Travnikk" <Travnikk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9D31924D-1B29-49C6-AB8...

Incoming E-Mail
Good morning: If I send an e-mail from CRM, and the client responds, the e-mail ends up in my Outlook--not in CRM. Nor does a copy of the e-mail response end up in CRM. I have to tell the program "Track in CRM" even though it was sent from there originally. Is this by design or have I missed a mail routing rule/configuration setting? Thanks Hi Dave, If you look in closed activities, do you see the replied email? I seems to me that the exchange router simply creates a forwarding rule for the iser (the one sending and receiving email) that forwards incoming email with the...

Single domain name multiple servers
Hi all, Im quite raw on Exchange and would like to understand, how I would set up multiple sites with low speed links to all have e-mail access. I intend to install MS-Exchange servers in each site but i only want to use 1 domain name (xyz.com) without second level domains, can anyone give me ideas on where to start ? Regards Ken If there are low speed links, then you would set up separate Routing groups with Routing Group Connectors between them. This is very similar to how Exchange 5.5 worked with Site connectors and X.400 connectors. Bottom line is that multiple servers don't ...

Mails disappearing.
I tried to move a mail to a folder using "Right Click > Move to folder > OK" without selecting any folders. The default selection was "Personal Folder". Noted that this mail had moved from the inbox. But no idea where the mail has gone. Please help to find those mails. Best Regards Same. Then they are probably in the Outlook Today folder. See here how you can retrieve them; www.howto-outlook.com/faq/mailoutlooktoday.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Navigation Pane Tips & Tricks -Create an Office XP CD slip...