mailboxes for multiple domains

I'm trying to set up several of my users to be able to receive email
addressed to either of our two domains.  The element that I don't get
is how the user can tell to which address the email message was sent,
user@acme1.com or user@acme2.com. I have already added the second
domain's SMTP to a test account, and can receive mail sent to
user@acme2.com just fine, but I need to see that that is the case.  Any
help is greatly appreciated.

On 23 Aug 2005 11:18:54 -0700, mathew.schreiber@gmail.com wrote:

>I'm trying to set up several of my users to be able to receive email
>addressed to either of our two domains.  The element that I don't get
>is how the user can tell to which address the email message was sent,
>user@acme1.com or user@acme2.com. I have already added the second
>domain's SMTP to a test account, and can receive mail sent to
>user@acme2.com just fine, but I need to see that that is the case.  Any
>help is greatly appreciated.

You would need to set up a rule to direct mail sent to one of the smtp
addresses to a sub folder.
If the guy has two email addresses on the one account does it matter
if the mails are all jumbled up?
If you really want to maintain such a level of separation and don't
want to filter/rule, then an additional account & mailbox is an ugly
but viable alternative.
0
mark7219 (5666)
8/23/2005 6:42:01 PM
I'm not sure that will work because of the way Exchange transforms messages
upon receipt.  What the user can do is look at the Internet headers of the
message, but it's not an easy thing for the general user to do.
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

> On 23 Aug 2005 11:18:54 -0700, mathew.schreiber@gmail.com wrote:
>
>>I'm trying to set up several of my users to be able to receive email
>>addressed to either of our two domains.  The element that I don't get
>>is how the user can tell to which address the email message was sent,
>>user@acme1.com or user@acme2.com. I have already added the second
>>domain's SMTP to a test account, and can receive mail sent to
>>user@acme2.com just fine, but I need to see that that is the case.  Any
>>help is greatly appreciated.
>
> You would need to set up a rule to direct mail sent to one of the smtp
> addresses to a sub folder.
> If the guy has two email addresses on the one account does it matter
> if the mails are all jumbled up?
> If you really want to maintain such a level of separation and don't
> want to filter/rule, then an additional account & mailbox is an ugly
> but viable alternative.

0
curspice6401 (3487)
8/23/2005 6:48:48 PM
Well we'll need to keep them seperate, as they will be to different
entities. Plus, i need to find a way to reply to the msg from the
"appropriate address".  (I'd really like to avoid the admin overhead of
secondary accounts and mailboxes.

What about routing emails to acme2.com to a secondary email store with
in the virtual server?

Hmm, works for me since that's the way I divert messages that y'all
send to our closed group, but I agree it's not a straightforward rule
to create.
0
mark7219 (5666)
8/23/2005 7:11:41 PM
Using MAPI Exchange Server?  I know it'll work for an Internet profile.
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

> Hmm, works for me since that's the way I divert messages that y'all
> send to our closed group, but I agree it's not a straightforward rule
> to create.

0
curspice6401 (3487)
8/23/2005 7:28:42 PM
On 23 Aug 2005 12:00:26 -0700, mathew.schreiber@gmail.com wrote:

>Well we'll need to keep them seperate, as they will be to different
>entities. Plus, i need to find a way to reply to the msg from the
>"appropriate address".  (I'd really like to avoid the admin overhead of
>secondary accounts and mailboxes.
>
>What about routing emails to acme2.com to a secondary email store with
>in the virtual server?

Well yes, that would work, but you just said you wanted to avoid the
overhead of additional accounts and mailboxes?
Anyway, they wouldn't need to be in a separate email store, they could
both be in the same store.

0
mark7219 (5666)
8/23/2005 7:29:36 PM
The only real way I know of doing this is to create two mailboxes.  Then you
can use Outlook with two separate profiles.  Or use Outlook for the most
frequently used mailbox and Outlook Express for the other.
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

<mathew.schreiber@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Well we'll need to keep them seperate, as they will be to different
> entities. Plus, i need to find a way to reply to the msg from the
> "appropriate address".  (I'd really like to avoid the admin overhead of
> secondary accounts and mailboxes.
>
> What about routing emails to acme2.com to a secondary email store with
> in the virtual server?

0
curspice6401 (3487)
8/23/2005 7:29:44 PM
Routing them to a separate store doesn't do anything to solve your problem.
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

> On 23 Aug 2005 12:00:26 -0700, mathew.schreiber@gmail.com wrote:
>
>>Well we'll need to keep them seperate, as they will be to different
>>entities. Plus, i need to find a way to reply to the msg from the
>>"appropriate address".  (I'd really like to avoid the admin overhead of
>>secondary accounts and mailboxes.
>>
>>What about routing emails to acme2.com to a secondary email store with
>>in the virtual server?
>
> Well yes, that would work, but you just said you wanted to avoid the
> overhead of additional accounts and mailboxes?
> Anyway, they wouldn't need to be in a separate email store, they could
> both be in the same store.

0
curspice6401 (3487)
8/23/2005 7:33:19 PM
(Sorry Ed. Are you replying to me or to Mark?)

Mark.

--

> (Sorry Ed. Are you replying to me or to Mark?)

0
curspice6401 (3487)
8/23/2005 7:56:22 PM
On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 12:56:22 -0700, "Ed Crowley [MVP]"
<curspice@mvpsnospam.org> wrote:

>Mark.

Sorry, you've made me start to crawl all over the home systems to
figure out whether i've given you all a bum steer or not. I have loads
of messages that are in a folder structure, sorted by recipient email
address, and get there by rules, but I'm working through the config to
see if i've done something to the messages at the gateway to make the
recipient email address more exposed than it would ordinarily be.

In the interim and since I'm having such a pig of a time finding out
what I've done, I think it reinforces the suggestion of multiple
accounts to separate out the messages.
0
mark7219 (5666)
8/23/2005 8:10:05 PM
No problem!  Thanks for the diligence.

LOL!
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

> On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 12:56:22 -0700, "Ed Crowley [MVP]"
> <curspice@mvpsnospam.org> wrote:
>
>>Mark.
>
> Sorry, you've made me start to crawl all over the home systems to
> figure out whether i've given you all a bum steer or not. I have loads
> of messages that are in a folder structure, sorted by recipient email
> address, and get there by rules, but I'm working through the config to
> see if i've done something to the messages at the gateway to make the
> recipient email address more exposed than it would ordinarily be.
>
> In the interim and since I'm having such a pig of a time finding out
> what I've done, I think it reinforces the suggestion of multiple
> accounts to separate out the messages.

0
curspice6401 (3487)

Creating a Mailbox
Hi all, Is it possible to create a mailbox within the Exchange System Manager, eg, info@companyname.com without having to create a user. Im currently using exchange 2003 TIA, James Not really. What is the problem? JD wrote: > Hi all, > > Is it possible to create a mailbox within the Exchange System Manager, eg, > info@companyname.com without having to create a user. > > Im currently using exchange 2003 > > TIA, > > James You cannot create a mailbox in Exchange 2003 without creating a user account associated with it. However, if you just want an SMTP ad...

password error when setting up first 2003 exchange server in domain
we have done the forestprep, doing domainprep from the exchange tools. had windows 2000 domain, windows 2000 server with 2000 exchange, have installed new server running windows 2003, installing exchange 2003 on that server. did forestprep, worked okay, but problem with domainprep. we keep getting an error and when we look at the exchange logs it says: ScSetPasswordOnSystemMailboxAccounts (f:\titanium\admin\src\libs\exsetup\dsmisc.cxx:1146) Error code 0X800708C5 (2245): The password does not meet the password policy requirements. Check the minimum password length, password ...

WLM creates multiple copies of itself in the processes
..0.8089I have WLM version 2009 (build 14.0.8089.0726) and when I load up WLM it will create a copy of itself in the processes. However, when I close WLM the version in the processes wil not close. So if I open WLM 5 times, then I will wind up with 5 copies of WLM in my processes. Can anyone help? "TADDY" <TADDY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2479CC8B-485E-4016-B364-DF9D250BDCED@microsoft.com... > .0.8089I have WLM version 2009 (build 14.0.8089.0726) and when I load up > WLM it will create a copy of itself in the processes. However, when I...

How do I track multiple changes to one cell?
I want to be able to see a history of all the changes made to a specific cell. Right now, I'm only able to see the latest change. It would be very beneficial to me if I could see the full history of changes to one cell. Thanks in advance for you help. Tony, The code below will keep track of the changes to cell A1, listing all the values and the date/time changed. The list will start at the bottom of column A -which will have the values, and column B will have the dates - and progress down as changes continue. Copy the code, right-click the sheet tab, select "View Code" and...

How do I add a new domain to my exchange server?
How do I add a new domain to my exchange server? I have been browsing the menues to find where the domains from which I receive mail is set up - without any luck. Thanks in advance, Henning Have a look at the Recipient Policy. You can configure the environment to be responsible for a new domain using Recipient Policy. Then you can use SMTP address to address the user. -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples (if any) are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm * Please d...

mailbox limitations
Can anyone point me to any info on the size limitations for mailboxes & PST files..? I believe that beyond 2 GB MS says you're in a danger zone. I need further info to support our e-mail deletion policy PSTs have a limit of 2GB (corruption may happen even after 1GB). Mailboxes, on the other hand can be in the GB (but I wouldn't recommend it from an administrative standpoint). -- Nick Cavalancia MCSE/MCT/MCNE/MCNI nickc@remove-comsphere.com Comsphere - "Where Knowledge Transfer is Key" Web: http://www.comsphere.com Ph: 954.275.0114 Fax: 954.791.6763 "Mikeg"...

import multiple text files at once
Hi, I have got 37 text files from a datalogger which I want to import into an excel sheet. They are tab delimited files. Is there a way to automatically import all files and in a way that each of the imported files comes in another sheet in the workbook. Remco Remco, If you have Excel 2002, you can set up queries using Data - Get External Data - Import. You'll have to do this for each file. If you want to go through the files automatically (without having to once set up a query for each), I think you'll have to write a macro. The queries can be set to automatically refresh eac...

User explicitly denied "Full Mailbox Access"
I have an administrator account "Mark" that is explicitly denied the Full Mailbox Access permission in "Mailbox Rights". I am able to grant other adminstrators access to the same mailbox, even domain users. It seem the user is inheriting the single Deny permission, but I can't see where from. The user who's mailbox I am trying to grant access to is the domain\users OU. Mark is automatically denied full mailbox access to all users, even if I turn off inheritance in the security tab. Help? Thanks everyone in advance. Is his account listed in the exchange deleg...

mailbox split during mailbox move :(
If the mailbox move process dies in the middle of the mailbox and there is half of the mailbox on the new server and the other half on the old server. Is it possible to connect those two again? I had one of my mailboxes do this to me on my test domain and I ended up deleting (Purging) it since it wouldn't let me do anything with the part that was left on the source server. I am just wandering what if it would happen on my live server... do I have to bring the mailbox from .PST file or there is another way? Thank you in advance. On Wed, 31 May 2006 09:49:02 -0700, Volodymyr <vg@a...

Is there a fle associated with additional mailboxes?
Is there a fle associated with additional mailboxes? Is there a file that keeps track of additional mailboxes that I have access to and are displayed in my outlook folder list? I want to know for migration reasons. Once migrated will I have to add the mailboxes again or is there a file that can be copied or even a utility that will make sure I do not lose any. I only have a few, but some of my co-workers are connected to as many as 15-20 I believe. Thanks for any help They are part of the profile and stored in the registry. See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/mru.htm - I don't rec...

Read Only access to mailbox?
I know that in Active Directory you can grant someon 'Full mailbox access' to another person's mailbox. Can you give Read Only access to another person's mailbox in AD, or do you have to do that through Outlook permissions with delegates or folder permissions? Thanks. On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 08:00:04 -0700, SilverICE <SilverICE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I know that in Active Directory you can grant someon 'Full mailbox access' to >another person's mailbox. Can you give Read Only access to another person's >mailbox in AD, or do you h...

select multiple fields in a lookup box or text box
I need to find the controls to add multiple selections from a list box or text box or combo box within a data access page....

[OT] 1GB mailbox
i have find this site that offer 1 gb of space!! http://www.walla.com/ it's wonderful! "MMC" <ryuken_26@yahoo.it> said > i have find this site that offer 1 gb of space!! > > http://www.walla.com/ > > it's wonderful! > > No thanks. Since installing my SAN I now have a 10TB mailbox to play with. Andrew Mitchell <amitchell@removecasey.vic.gov.au> wrote in news:Xns95C7E0C461A29casey01@207.46.248.16: > No thanks. > Since installing my SAN I now have a 10TB mailbox to play with. Nice X-face! -- Arlo Clizer Exchange MVP FAQ...

Mailbox Access
I use Veritas Backup Exec to performa backups of our information stores and user mailboxes. During the course of the backups I get warnings from some mailboxes about e-mails that are corrupt. My question is, how do I get to the e-mail/mailbox level to find out what is wrong with the particular message and if need be, eliminate them? Thanks you. http://mail.tekscan.com/nomailboxes.htm Bill Van Loon wrote: > I use Veritas Backup Exec to performa backups of our information stores and > user mailboxes. During the course of the backups I get warnings from some > mailboxes about e-...

cannot delete mailbox in 5.5
when i try to delete a mailbox i get the following error: "failure to delete mailbox" event id is 1203. it suggests to stop and re-start the services, but that does not correct the issue. any suggestion on how to remove the mailbox that is not needed? thx.. Any help from http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;178757 tim wrote: > when i try to delete a mailbox i get the following error: "failure to delete > mailbox" event id is 1203. it suggests to stop and re-start the services, but > that does not correct the issue. any suggestion on how ...

Granting Admins full rights to all Mailboxes
Hi In our company we wish for the Exchange Admins to be able to open any users mailbox. Since our upgrade to exchange 2003 we have lost that abillity. I have followed the steps in in q821897 to restore this functionallity. The steps did not work, members of Domain Admins still do not have the abillity to open users mailboxes. If anyone has any ideas I would love to hear them Thank mar ...

Multiple Criteria on One Field, query/report from form
Hello all, I have a tough problem I need to address. I need to generate a training report for a given employee. I have a list of possible positions. Each position has a series of mandatory training classes necessary to be certified in that position. Employees have taken classes for position certification and classes that do not contribute to certification. I need to separate mandatory training and Other training on my report, which is based off a query. I have a form with a combo box to pick an employee's name and a combo box to pick a position. Once the user picks these two things and...

Checking mailbox usage
Hi, I'm using EX 2003 at the moment, and am pretty new to this, so this is probably really dumb question but... How can I find out the size of users' mailboxes from the server? I've looked everywhere, but can't seem to find it. We are running out of room on our mail server, and I want to find out who the biggest culprits are... Hope somebody can get back to me asap :) TIA Exchange System Manager | Administrative Groups | yourAdmin Group name | Servers | Your Server | your Storage Group Name | Mailbox Store | Mailboxes. Next to each mailbox in that store you'll see ...

Vlookup based on multiple criteria
I have 2 workbooks: Workbook one: Account number, name, January to September + total (columns A9 to L240) Workbook two: I need to populate with data from Workbook one Column A has the account numbers all accounts that contains department 71(xxxxx-71-xx) must go to location 1 (Jan - column B, Feb =96 column E etc) and all others goes to location 4 (Jan =96 column C, Feb =96 column F etc) Is there a basic a VLOOKUP or other function that can automatic the tasks? Thanks in advance. Workbook one Account Number Jan-10 Feb-10 Mar-10 41001-71-01 6,000.00 - 1,000.00 41001-71...

Multiple Out of Office replies
We have recently upgraded to Exchange 2007 and most of our users are still using Outlook 2003. We have an issue where when some people set their Out of Office, when someone sends them an email, two emails are returned, one of the resposes is the correct OOO message the other is an old OOO message. The only work around we have for this is to have the users access OWA and set their OOO there. Has any one else seen this issue? Is there something the users' are doing wrong or is it Outlook 2003 issues with Exchange? On 17 dec, 20:45, "B Steffey" <BStef...@community.nospa...

Unable to access mailbox
Hi, I have suddenly encountered a problem with one of ourmailboxes (Exchange 2003 SP1), this is a monitored account where it is linked to a number of other mailboxes, but since last night, no one has any access to it. I can add the mailbox to my outlook profile, but when trying to open up the mailbox, I receive the error "Unable to expand the folder, the set of folders could not be opened. The informations tore could not be opened." I have tried with using the exchange primary service account (which had full acccess) as welll as seting a primary account for the account an...

Move mailbox increases the size of mailboxes
Hi, Doing a migration of Exchange 2000 to 2003, where mailboxes on an Exchange 2000 server is being moved to a newly installed Exchange 2003 SP2 server. After moving about dozen of users, we seem to notice a 20% increase of the size of the mailbox on Exchange 2003 from what it was on Exchange 2000... Is there any explaination for this ???, maybe single message storage or ??? Thanks !!! Single instance storage will be broken during the move. Nue "thinkpad21" <thinkpad21@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:27C8816D-9CF9-4E2F-96B4-CD172226F3D8@microsoft.com.....

how to instantiate a proxy class that has multiple instances
I have a class built from the following XML: <tag1> <tag2> <tag3 item="1"/> <tag3 item="2"/> </tag2> </tag1> On the client side I can populate tag1 and tag2, but I don't know how to instantiate instances of tag3. I read the values in from external file and I want to keep adding tag3 instances until no more found on input. Hello Doug, According to your description, what you need is to create a XML file which includes multiple instances of Tag3. Please don't heisate to correct me if I misunderstood anything her...

Domain Admins + Full Mailbox Rights
Hi, I'm running Exchange 2003 and would like to give Domain Admins Full Mailbox access. I can give Full access rights Domain Admins in ADUC \ Mailbox rights, but then if want to remove the check from Domain Admins Full - Mailbox I can't. The tick shows as grey instead. Any ideas please? I think the users object is inhereting permissions from its parent. Regards, Kashif "PL3" wrote: > Hi, > > I'm running Exchange 2003 and would like to give Domain Admins Full Mailbox > access. I can give Full access rights Domain Admins in ADUC \ Mailbox rights, >...

mailboxes for multiple domains
I'm trying to set up several of my users to be able to receive email addressed to either of our two domains. The element that I don't get is how the user can tell to which address the email message was sent, user@acme1.com or user@acme2.com. I have already added the second domain's SMTP to a test account, and can receive mail sent to user@acme2.com just fine, but I need to see that that is the case. Any help is greatly appreciated. On 23 Aug 2005 11:18:54 -0700, mathew.schreiber@gmail.com wrote: >I'm trying to set up several of my users to be able to receive email >a...