Mailbox Store cannot up again after forcing stop on offline defrag

Hi All,

I have a problem that the Mailbox Store under First Storage Group on our
2003 Ex Server cannot be up agian after I forcing stop on the eseutil/d
process.

eseutil /d "D:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\mdbdata\priv1.edb" /tf:\tempdfrg.edb
is the command I used to do the offline defrad, since the size of the store
is too large that the process not yet finish in the required period. I force
to stop it.

After that, I found the priv1.edb under MDBDATA folder is the same as the
one in f:\ in terms of the time stamp & size, but the priv1.stm is different
from 2 locations.
I try to mount the Store but its fail with the error message.

Please help to give me some idea to solve the problem.

Thanks,
Carlson.

0
Carlson (3)

That is bad news, mate.  I hope you have a good backup.

Now that I have appropriately set your expectations, you can check the
headers on the DB's with eseutil /k
You could also try the repair option, but it may take longer than just doing
a restore from last known good backups, and there is no guarantee of
success.

http://computerperformance.co.uk/exchange2003/exchange2003_eseutil.htm

"Carlson" <Carlson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> I have a problem that the Mailbox Store under First Storage Group on our
> 2003 Ex Server cannot be up agian after I forcing stop on the eseutil/d
> process.
>
> eseutil /d "D:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\mdbdata\priv1.edb" /tf:\tempdfrg.edb
> is the command I used to do the offline defrad, since the size of the
> store
> is too large that the process not yet finish in the required period. I
> force
> to stop it.
>
> After that, I found the priv1.edb under MDBDATA folder is the same as the
> one in f:\ in terms of the time stamp & size, but the priv1.stm is
> different
> from 2 locations.
> I try to mount the Store but its fail with the error message.
>
> Please help to give me some idea to solve the problem.
>
> Thanks,
> Carlson.

0
tfelts1 (344)

Shared Mailbox Permissions
Hi there, We have a shared mailbox on the exchange server, when we setup permissions on that folder it appears not to be effective. We have setup, default and anonymous permissions/role to 'none' and we have setup our Group to 'reviewer' which only gives read access... but we are still able to move folders around and to delete files. Is there something we are doing wrong ? Any known problems ? We use Exchange 2003 TIA ...

HQ store
A client of ours has a store that is no longer in use. They want to keep the history for that store in HQ but use the licenses for a new store. Can this be done -- Bart M ...

Archive skips store due to error
Hi all, I got a problem with Outlook 2000 SP3. When auto archiving, after a while, Outlook tells me: "Archive skips store due to error. Failed to open a source store. The information store could not be opened." Maybe somebody can help me cause I don't have any idea of how to solve that issue. I changed the pst file name for autoarchiving, I made a "Detect and Repair", I opened each mail to see whether one of them was corrupted... But nothing helped... Maybe somebody has a solution...? Thanks in advance, Jeremie. ...

Assign mailbox to another user
Windows Small Business Server 2003 i had an employee recently leave full-time status. i deleted her as a user since she didn't need to recieve email on that account anymore. problem is, she needs a bunch of info in the mailbox since she does a minor amount of consulting for us. how can i at least reattach her mailbox to a user or login so she can retrieve her mail? i tried adding her as a user and using the Reconnect exchange task but it won't show her account when i search for it. TIA! Chris you created a new account and connected the mailbox to that account? it should sh...

XML file loaded and stored as cached dataset?
Have loaded balanced web servers that we do not allow to connect to our database. Content is created and pushed to these sites. I want to add a web service that may get multiple requests a second depending on peak access. I have built an XML file from SQL DB and pushed this file to web server. I want to load XML file at application startup and leave it cached if possible (it will vary in size from 1-2MB) and treat it like an SQL table (rows & columns) that I can filter on and send XML subset back to caller. Maybe I should keep XML document loaded as XML Doc and pull my nodes/da...

New E-Mail User created with recovery mail store?
We have SBS 2003. I have been adding users witht he wizard without any trouble until recently. When I add the most recent user, the user is linked to the Recovery Storage Group instead of the First Storage Group. Also the recover Storage group is not mounted. My questions are: 1) What can I change to have my new users linked to the First Storage Group? 2) Should the Recovery Storage Group be mounted? Thank you for your assistance. Robert On Mon, 2 May 2005 13:32:05 -0700, "Robert1105" <Robert1105@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We have SBS 2003. I have been a...

Assiging Tasks via the POP mailboxes under Outlook 2002 & 2003
Hi, We've been trying to assign Tasks to each other (2 people) via POP Mailboxes. The assigning seems fine, but when a TRask is assigned back and forward several times we both end up with multiple Tasks... the most recently Accepted one, plus ealier versions which remain as "Waiting Response from Assignee". What are we missing? ps. I did read in these discussions that we both need to have RTF format selected which we both do have. ...

Stop office from scanning network drives in disconnected state
I know that unmapping the network drives when disconnected is the MS solution for solving the problem with office apps opening files slowly off network (KB313937). But i don't remember having any users complain about this until a month or so ago. We have been using Office 2007 in a domain environment for several years and this issue has never occurred until recently (like that last month or so). Is there a group policy setting or Office setting that will prevent office from waiting for a disconnected drive to time out? We map drives using group policy preferences and it w...

Mailbox Management not working in Exchange 2000
I have Exchange 2000 with the Post-SP3 hotfix rollup. I also followed KB 326397 and set the value of the msExchMailboxManagerAgeLimit to 3 for the first two polices (tried it first without changing it). Now the situation.... I have 3 mailbox management policies setup. The first one deletes messages older than 365 days out of the: Inbox, sent items, calendar, journal, deleted items, system cleanup folders, all other mail folders. The second one deletes messages older than 30 days from: inbox, sent items, calendar, deleted items, and system cleanup folders. It also deletes items ol...

Queries
I have the following query (for example): countofstates color 3 red 8 blue 7 orange 2 purple 9 yellow I would like to display this table on a report, but when I do it repeats 6 times. How do I only get this information to appear once? Thanks in advance. Try a Totals query... Color States GroupBy Count -- hth Al Campagna . Candia Computer Consulting . Candia, NH USA Microsoft Access MVP http://home.comcast.ne...

Putting all outbount mail in particular mailbox
We have several users using Outlook 2003, connected to Exchange 2003. When needed, they use "Send As" (or "From") feature to send outbound mail as particular user (for example sales@domain.com). When they send mail like that, it stays in their Sent Items. Is it possible to put that outbound mail in sales@domain.com mailbox Sent items too so that we can centrally manage all e-mails users sent, not having to inspect each users Sent items? What would be the cleanest way to do this? Thanks, Drazen There's nothing in Exchange that will do that for you, sorry...

Sending a captured .dib file to an image box without storing it
I want to use a command button, say "cmdDisplayImage" to display/ transfer a captured image from the ezVidCap1 control to an image or OLE box on the same form such as "PhotoPreview" (not sure which one is possible/best...perhaps someone can help me...I'm new at this.) I really don't want to "save" it first. Then, I want another command button such as "cmdSaveImage" to save the file to a folder (such as \\Server\Database\Images when the user clicks another command button when they have the image they want in the "PhotoPreview" box. R...

ID replicaiton from E2k3 to E55 stopped
Replicaiton of any new IDs from E2k3 to E55 has stopped. I have logging turned to max and I don't see any errors. Intrasite full replicaiton has been run, multiple attempts at service/server restarts attempted. What am I missing here? Help... do you mean the ADC replication? "Cosmo" <ckramer2k@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:185701c499e7$0a06f620$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Replicaiton of any new IDs from E2k3 to E55 has stopped. > I have logging turned to max and I don't see any errors. > Intrasite full replicaiton has been run, multiple > attempts at ser...

migrate mailbox to exch2003
Hi, We currently have NT domain and exchange 5.5 org. We want to migrate the mailbox to Win2003 and Exch2003. I realize I have to use the ADMT tools to do some of the migration. I don't want to have to go to each of the user's workstation to reconfigure the outlook profile to point to the new exchange server. Is there a tool out there to automatically configure the client's outlook profile. Thanks for your help! Natasha, ADMT is one way but I would suggest Move Mailbox method. This requires you upgrade your current NT environment to Windows 2003 AD. Read http://www.mse...

Moving the Exchange System Attendant Mailbox
It seems that there was an Microsoft Knowledge Base article 262892: Moving the Exchange System Attendant Mailbox. This article has been removed from the MS knowledge base. I couldn't find another KB about moving the system attendant mailbox from one store to another. What is the common way to do this in Exchange Server 2003 SP1 ? Thanks for answers MC MC, I was forced to do this recently, and I actually found that KB you're referring to at the following address. Not sure why it's not on MS site at this time. http://www.it-faq.pl/mskb/262/892.HTM Regards, Pete Zerger...

outlook 2000 mailbox.pst error. inbox repair tool
hi all I am getting a error message from outlook 2000 that says errors have been detected in the file c:\windows\application data\microsoft\outlook\mailbox.pst It says to use the inbox repair tool. I have searced microsoft online help and found the site "ol2000 how to find and run the inbox repair tool" I am using ME. I have been looking for "Scanpst.exe" file. Microsoft help says to follow c:\program files\common\system\Mapi\1033\nt I cannnot find a file by this name. I can find a file c:\program files\common\system\Mapi\1033\95 when I run "Scanpst.exe&qu...

Problems creating a new Public Folder Store
I have a problem where I cannot mount a new public folder file (e.g. none exists and it is a fresh install and file) I am getting: The Microsoft Exchange Information Store service could not find the specified object ID no: c1041722 Exchange System Manager I have worked through all of the articles from MS Support, but the issue doesn't seem to be related to the permissions. The only thing out of the ordinary is that this is a small business server. Thanks Alot! http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;555146 ...

Recipient policies don't update mailbox addresses.
Hello, We have a W2K AD, E2K and a third-party mailsystem. The E2K server is not authoritive for our e-mail domain and all the AD accounts which are not mailbox-enabled are mail-enabled. My company has a new email domain and my problem is that I can't get the Recipient Policies to stamp the new address on the mailbox-enabled users. Our E2K server has two Recipient Policies: - the Default policy, filtering on (mailnickname=*), with a primary SMTP address %g.%s@localhost and a secondary smtp address %g.%s@ourdomain.com, with Lowest priority; - a Custom Policy, filtering on (&(mailNick...

Exchange 2003 individual mailbox restoration
The previous administrator created a mailbox associated with one user. I removed the mailbox from the user and wanted to retore or connect if you will the removed mailbox to another user. I thought I could do this using the mailbox recovery center but I am unable to find the mailbox that I removed. I am new to exchange so I just figure I am missing a step somewhere. I know I could recover the mailbox from tape but it still does not solve the problem of moving the box from one user to another. Any help out there? -- Terri Touchton Systems Administrator Cambridge Maryland If you go i...

Home Page Link Bars have stopped appearing
Using FP2003 my website has for a long while had vertical link bars on the left hand side of the screen showing the next level down pages. Last night part way through publishing an update there was some sort of glitch in the process which showed several error messages in quick succession too fast to read before they disappeared. The last one I think said something like cancelling renaming index.htm will cause hyperlinks not to work, but it didn't stay on the screen long. Now the original website has no link bars on the home page and I don't appear to be able to even g...

Stopping Mail Popup Notification Window
Is there a way to stop the email notification popup ONLY when an incoming email has violated one of the rules established by the rule wizard? In other words, if I get an email that's going to be delete by way of a rule, is there a way to NOT get the email notification popup for that email? Thanks Greg No. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Greg Casper <gcasper@pacbell.net>...

Will failed backup dismount mailbox stores?
Hi all, Recently, our exchange 2003 backup software constantly failed. Will failed exchange backup dismount mailbox stores? (I could not remember where I read about this: in exchange 2000, if the log files reach 1,000, the mailbox store dismounts. what about exchange 2003?) thank you. There's no uppper limit on number of log files (well, there is - because of the way these are numbered, but most organizations never reach that limit). However, failed backups result in log files being accumulated which can quickly fill up the volume on which these reside. When the volume runs ou...

mailbox manger
Hi all Running Exchange 2003 Sp2. I think i have a rough recipient policy, as i get a detailed report emailed to me for a few inboxes, but when i check my recipient policys none of them have mailbox manger settings all recipient policies are for email address stamping only. So why am i getting this report from System attendant mailbox? whats also strange is the report only runs againts 100 mailboxes, i have 400 on my server. I need to know what is generating this to run? Thanks ...

Forcing uppercase, proper case
Does anyone know how to format all the cells in a column to convert everything to UPPER CASE or Proper Case, regardless of how text is entered? I've set up a spreadsheet for storing names and addresses. I want to be able to type in lower case and have the names converted to proper case ("John Doe") and suburbs converted to upper case "(WAIKIKI") without having to mess around with the Shift or Caps Lock keys. Peter The following code placed in the worksheet code module (Right click on sheet tab and select 'View code...') will look at any entry in column...

Exchange mailbox size??
ok, someone must have asked before, sorry if this is double post. With the following specs, what is the max mailbox size recommended? Any comments are greatly appreciated. Thank you! - Windows 2003 SP1 - Exchange 2003 SP2 w/ 25 Users - DL360 3.4G 1 CPU - 4GB RAM - 150GB SCSI U320 mail box size is really up to you. with 25 users odds are you will not max this out for a while. What version of exchange is it standard or enterprise Standard has a 16 GB limit but with SP2 you can change that via a registry entry to 75 GB limit If it is enterprise then you can go pretty big. I usually see...