Mailbox size

I have a user with a 215 MB mailbox(according to Outlook on different PCs)
yet my Exchange 2K3 ESM says her mailbox is 366 MB.
What's the recommendation to fix it...?
Thanks,  Tom...

0
Tom

I would guess nothing.  Exchange uses a different storage engine than PST
files do so the file size might differ (an it usually does) from the size
you see when looking at the mailbox in the ESM.

J.

"Tom Karpowski" <tkarpowski@bennettcompany.com> wrote in message
>I have a user with a 215 MB mailbox(according to Outlook on different PCs)
>yet my Exchange 2K3 ESM says her mailbox is 366 MB.
> What's the recommendation to fix it...?
> Thanks,  Tom...

0
Fritz
4/28/2010 8:09:30 PM
by 30 %...?

"Fritz" <friz@biteme.com> wrote in message
> I would guess nothing.  Exchange uses a different storage engine than PST
> files do so the file size might differ (an it usually does) from the size
> you see when looking at the mailbox in the ESM.
>
> J.
>
> "Tom Karpowski" <tkarpowski@bennettcompany.com> wrote in message
>>I have a user with a 215 MB mailbox(according to Outlook on different PCs)
>>yet my Exchange 2K3 ESM says her mailbox is 366 MB.
>> What's the recommendation to fix it...?
>> Thanks,  Tom...

0
Tom
4/28/2010 8:54:34 PM
Yes, I've seen that before.

> by 30 %...?
>
> "Fritz" <friz@biteme.com> wrote in message
>> I would guess nothing.  Exchange uses a different storage engine than PST
>> files do so the file size might differ (an it usually does) from the size
>> you see when looking at the mailbox in the ESM.
>>
>> J.
>>
>> "Tom Karpowski" <tkarpowski@bennettcompany.com> wrote in message
>>>I have a user with a 215 MB mailbox(according to Outlook on different
>>>PCs) yet my Exchange 2K3 ESM says her mailbox is 366 MB.
>>> What's the recommendation to fix it...?
>>> Thanks,  Tom...

0
Fritz
4/28/2010 9:00:40 PM
If you're paranoied and you feel like something is up, create another
mailbox store in the ESM and move the user's mailbox to it after making a
PST backup of it first.  Once that's done and everything is ok, you can move
it back to the original store.

"Tom Karpowski" <tkarpowski@bennettcompany.com> wrote in message
> by 30 %...?
>
> "Fritz" <friz@biteme.com> wrote in message
>> I would guess nothing.  Exchange uses a different storage engine than PST
>> files do so the file size might differ (an it usually does) from the size
>> you see when looking at the mailbox in the ESM.
>>
>> J.
>>
>> "Tom Karpowski" <tkarpowski@bennettcompany.com> wrote in message
>>>I have a user with a 215 MB mailbox(according to Outlook on different
>>>PCs) yet my Exchange 2K3 ESM says her mailbox is 366 MB.
>>> What's the recommendation to fix it...?
>>> Thanks,  Tom...

0
Fritz
4/28/2010 9:04:02 PM
On Wed, 28 Apr 2010 16:02:57 -0400, "Tom  Karpowski"
<tkarpowski@bennettcompany.com> wrote:

>I have a user with a 215 MB mailbox(according to Outlook on different PCs)
>yet my Exchange 2K3 ESM says her mailbox is 366 MB.
>What's the recommendation to fix it...?

What release of Exchange?

Moving the mailbox to a different database would force a recomputation
of the item counts and folder sizes.

If that's not possible, make a backup of the database. Dismount the
database and run isinteg with the "-test mailbox" or '-test alltests"
parameter. That will also recompute the item counts and folder sizes.

Is it safe to assume, given the "different PCs" comment, that Outlook
is not using cached mode and an OST file?
---
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
0
Rich
4/29/2010 1:10:05 AM
On Wed, 28 Apr 2010 16:54:34 -0400, "Tom  Karpowski"
<tkarpowski@bennettcompany.com> wrote:

>by 30 %...?

Oh, yeah. The PST keeps two copies of each message. One in plain text,
the other in RTF.

PST = Poor Storage Technique
---
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
0
Rich
4/29/2010 1:11:19 AM
I ran ExBPA and it told me how to fix it....
I like this tool...!

"Tom  Karpowski" <tkarpowski@bennettcompany.com> wrote in message
> I have a user with a 215 MB mailbox(according to Outlook on different PCs)
> yet my Exchange 2K3 ESM says her mailbox is 366 MB.
> What's the recommendation to fix it...?
> Thanks,  Tom...

0
Tom
5/3/2010 3:51:42 PM
Care to share the advice?

>I ran ExBPA and it told me how to fix it....
> I like this tool...!
>
> "Tom  Karpowski" <tkarpowski@bennettcompany.com> wrote in message
>> I have a user with a 215 MB mailbox(according to Outlook on different
>> PCs) yet my Exchange 2K3 ESM says her mailbox is 366 MB.
>> What's the recommendation to fix it...?
>> Thanks,  Tom...

0
Fritz
5/3/2010 6:22:50 PM
I am curious to hear what ExBPA  told you (-:, since I was getting ready to
say leave it alone why bother for such little difference?

ocd

> I ran ExBPA and it told me how to fix it....
> I like this tool...!
>
> "Tom  Karpowski" <tkarpowski@bennettcompany.com> wrote in message
>> I have a user with a 215 MB mailbox(according to Outlook on different
>> PCs) yet my Exchange 2K3 ESM says her mailbox is 366 MB.
>> What's the recommendation to fix it...?
>> Thanks,  Tom...

0
oz

Default picture frame size
I want to set a default picture frame size, but the "Apply settings to new objects" checkbox in the format picture option is greyed out On 27 Apr 2004 11:11, Rachel <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I want to set a default picture frame size, but the "Apply settings to >new objects" checkbox in the format picture option is greyed out You can't do that with picture frames. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.mvps.org/publisher This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. So if I wan...

CRM 3.0 Changing CRM Mailbox
When I installed CRM/the Email router, I specified it to use the administrator mailbox. I now want to move it to a dedicated CRM mailbox, where cna I find this setting if it's not under Settings/Organisation Settings/System Settings/Email ?? Thanks Hi Adam, I believed that you have to use the Microsoft CRM-Exchange Email Router -> Rule Deployment Wizard to update the mailbox information. Make sure the logon to start that email router Service able to access that mailbox. Darren Darren Liu wrote: > Hi Adam, > > I believed that you have to use the Microsoft CRM-Exch...

URLDownloadToFile and image size
I am using URLDownloadToFile to download images from url. I only want download images with a certain size. Is there a way to get the image size(width, height) during the download process(before download complete)? Thanks, qk ...

how do I customize print size in xp with excel 2000
I have a form that is 6.75X10.75 that printed correctly from excel 2000 and Win 98 se. Since upgrading to Win XP pro, I am unable to customize to that size in my page setup. How else would I do that? ...

COM port retrieve half of the size.
Hello, For COM port. SetInputMode(0) (text). When receiving the data on the other side, data is not as sent (other characters), but the length is always half of the data that is send). m_com_port_1 and m_com_port_2 are microsoft communication controls. Example : ..... BSTR bst; ..... OpenPorts function : ------------------------- m_com_port_1.SetCommPort(1); m_com_port_1.SetSThreshold(1); m_com_port_1.SetRThreshold(1); m_com_port_1.SetSettings("19200,N,8,1"); m_com_port_1.SetOutBufferSize(1024); m_com_port_1.SetInputMode(0); m_com_port_1.SetOutBufferCount(0); m_com...

Getting email from multi Exchange mailboxs of same primary Window NT account with POP3
Hello everybody, How can I get email from multi Exchange mailboxs of same primary Window NT account with POP3:- Situation:- Two Exchange mailboxes (recipients) are created as follows:- mailbox a: Exchange alias : tom, email address tom@abc.com, primary WinNT account: MyDomain\tom mailbox b: Exchange alias : tom, email address tom@xyz.com, primary WinNT account: MyDomain\tom I can get the email message from individual mailbox through different profile in Outlook. Moreover, I can send out message with corresponding identity (ie, tom@abc.com or tom@xyz.com) in each profile of Outlook....

Font size for emails
I am using Outlook 2003 with a PC having Windows System 7. For the last 2 days, all of the sudden, when I type an email, the font size is very small, much smaller than it usually is. I use arial, size 12. When I send an email, the recipient gets the email, and the font size is OK. The problem is just when I write the email and an viewing it. If I change the size to 16, the size is larger and is viewable to me, but the recipient gets an email with the size 16. Anyone else have any experience with a problem like this? If so, I would appreciate any help. Thanks Press CTRL and move your ...

Exchange 5.0
We have an elderly exchange 5.0 box and when I drill down to the Mailbox resources section things don't look right. One particular user is showing in there as having 5800 items in his mailbox. Well when I open his email, there is nothing in his calendar, about 12 contacts, and 22 email in his inbox. All other folders are empty, including deleted items. his journal says no items to be displayed. Where on earth are these 5800 items coming from? We are trying to slim down our 1.2gig priv.edb file and things like this probably aren't helping. Regards Victoria Right click the" OU...

Message size limit settings/Ex2010
Hi All. I have a Exchange 2003 and Exchange 2010 in the same site communicating just fine. I created a new mailbox database on the Ex2010 server called Journal Mailbox Database, and in this database I have a user which I use for Journaling. The Ex2003 and 2010 server both use this user for Journaling. I am getting some messages stuck in the Submission Queue, Message source name Default:Ex2010 server, .SendSizeLimit.Sender; message too large for this sender. These messages are above the 10meg default limit that Exchange defaults to, and they are all going to the Journaling us...

Re: Adding Graphics to a Report
Duh! the second line in the code should read Me.Pic2.Picture = "E:\Downloads\EvsClipArt\Animals\OURPETS\cat.png" Time for bed!!! Evi "Evi" <evwool@TakeThisOutntlworld.com> wrote in message news:... > Paste the graphics one at a time into eg IrfanView (wonderful freeware app) > and go to File, Save As and save them into a folder as PNGs. Irfanview will > let you do this. Put your db into the same folder so they will always stay > together. Note the file path to your pictures. In Windows Explorer, Tools, > Options, Folder Options, View, tick the box ...

no option for "custom" paper size
Hi! My problem is that I can no longer specify a specific paper size with Office XP, which I find possible in other computers with XP. Mine just doesn't have a "custom" option for paper size. I need to adjust paper size to 8.5" (width) by 5.5" (length) continuous paper with Epson LX-300+ dot matrix printer. I've done all sorts of driver upgrades but to no avail. Thanks... This is a function of the printer/print driver. If yours doesn't support it, then you can't do it. -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy chris <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> w...

how to import pst file to exchange 2007 mailbox
Anybody knows how to import the pst file to the specific mailbox on the exchange 2007 server? Thanks, Thiha Using Outlook? :) -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "thkz" <thihakyawzaw@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1174603762.095620.81040@p15g2000hsd.googlegroups.com... > Anybody knows how to import the pst file to the specific mailbox on > the exchange 2007 server? > > Thanks, > Thiha > No. I'm looking for a way that exchange server 2007 has...

Dismounting public folders and mailboxes through a command line
I'd like to make a batch file for isinteg after running eseutil. It requires that I load up the information store which I can do through a command prompt. How do I dismount the two from a command prompt? Thank you See this: http://hellomate.typepad.com/exchange/2003/12/command_line_st.html -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "boe" <boe_d@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23PMgvawdEHA.3612@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > I'd like to make a batch file for isinteg after running eseutil. It > requ...

Quick survey on email size and retention
We are having a lot of discussions within our company regarding how much email we let users retain, how long we retain it, and what the maxiumum message sizes we should alllow. During the discussions we decided to see if we could find out what other company's policies are. So if you could respond to the follow questions I would really appreciate it. 1. How big is your company and what type is it? Ours is a manufacturing company with 3,300 users. 2. How long do you allow email to be retained? For us it used to be 12 months, but due to lawsuits we have temporarily stopped auto-dele...

backupexec to restore mailbox
to make a long story short we have migrated to exchange 2003 from 5.5. 5.5 box is still alive, but soon to be gone. running windows 2000 server/domain backupexec 8.6 (i can supply the build if need be) a few mailboxes would not move, and while messing around with them (knowing we had a good backup) we whacked the mailboxes in question. when trying to restore the mailbox, we keep getting an Access Denied error ====================================================================== Job Operation - Restore ====================================================================== Restoring data...

mailboxes are not being created when I create new AD user account
Even though I select the check box asking that a mailbox be created nothing is created. This has been an ongoing issue with our exchange server. What I have been doing is just renaming old accounts and deleting all the mail data essentially cleaning out and old mailbox to give to a new user. I have run out of old accounts. Like I said this has been an ongoing issue. When it first occurred it only happpened sometimes. But now I am not able to create a new NT account that creates a mailbox. I have tried creating an account without a mailbox then trying to go through 'exchange tasks...

print 8 page 8 1/2 x 11 booklet 1/2 size?
I have an 8 page booklet that I originally intended to print 8 1/2 x 11 & set it up that way. I now would like to print it, instead as 5 1/2 x 8 1/2. I know the proportions will not be perfect but they will be good enough. I have played with this for hours to no avail. I can't get the pages to come out right. i.e. 1&8 on one side of a sheet and 2 & 7 on the other etc. Help! Have you tried setting up two publications; your original and a new publication? Copy/paste each page and adjust. Using the AutoFit Options in the Format menu would help. -- Mary Sauer h...

mailbox restore #3
I have a very strange problem. We had to restore email the other day. 90 plus users had their inbox restored using Veritas 9.1. I did the restore on the mailbox level. Ever since then, the spam filter does not work. We are using GFI. When we try to open the rules wizard to manually try to configure the rule, it just flashes open and shut. This is only happening on the users who's mailboxes were restored. We are running exchange 2003 on a Win 2003 server box. We currently have an open ticket with MS and are waiting for someone to call back. We already called GFI and went thr...

Exporting Exchange 5.5 mailboxes info in the permissions tab
Can anyonw tell me how I can extract the information from the permissions tab on the Exchange 5.5 mailboxes ? Thank you. Hi, Try this link, hop it helps. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=188628 "Kent" <Kent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:75E6F6A2-6849-4120-8A88-0384241A7013@microsoft.com... > Can anyonw tell me how I can extract the information from the permissions > tab > on the Exchange 5.5 mailboxes ? Thank you. ...

New mail in secondary mailbox
I have many users who have access to the mail that is sent to 'departmental' mailboxes. (Such as 'sales@xyz.com'). They have access to this mailbox in addition to their own primary mailbox, and they view the secondary mailbox via their Outlook folder list (OL2000 CW). Is there any way to notify them of mail being delivered to that secondary mailbox? Anytime they try to do this by creating a rule, the rule only applies to their own mailbox, but not the secondary. ...

Size of Report Changes
I created several reports and under Page Setup selected Landscape with a Size of Legal (8.5 x 14 in.). When I moved the database to another computer, the size changed to Letter(8.5 x 11 in.). Is there a way to prevent this from happening ? or is there a way to set the Size programatically, after issuing the DoCmd.OpenReport command ? When the report definition spontaneously changes, two possibilities come to mind. First, if the Track Name Autocorrect info checkbox (General tab on Tools | Options) is checked in earlier versions of Access, strange and (not so) wonderful things would ...

Mailbox Limits for 2 user groups
I am trying to set up mailbox limits for 2 different user groups. Managers have a certain limit for thier mailboxes Staff have another limit. Is there a way of setting this in recipient policies? FYI How to use recipient policies to control mailboxes in Exchange 2000 and Exchange 2003 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/319188 -- Best regards, Good Luck Oz Ozugurlu ____________________________ MCSE 2003 M+,S+, CCNA Http://www.msexchange911.org Http://www.consultusa.us (Blog) "Razorbeard" wrote: > I am trying to set up mailbox limits for 2 different user groups. > > M...

exchange 2000 mailbox size limits
exchange 2000 mailbox size limits we currently have 500 users, on a exhcnage 2000 server entrprise edition. we have no mailbox limits set, on a warning at 104mb. we currently have 98 users over the limit. Whats are some of the issues that can occur by not having any limits? I was once told by a MS Exchange engineer that, the best practice would be to set the limit no higher than 1.8 gb, that way if a disaster were to occur, and you had to export all the mailboxes over to pst, MS would support the pst file. Is this true? Does anyonw know if microsoft has a best practices for setting mailbox siz...

Mailbox Favorites
Hi All, Environment: Exchange Server 2003 SP2, Outlook 2003 SP2 Query: Is anybody aware of a method to query your Exchange server for a list of what Public Folders your mailboxes have in their favorites? Background: We have a number of relatively large public folders and have recently experienced network issues when working over our WAN. As a means of process of elimination we are looking into the various possibilities that could be causing this. FYI: We have recently tested WAN optimisation hardware and discovered that we can see up to a 90% reduction in traffic over the MAPI (7830)...

Re: Mailbox Rights
You seem to know very well about this. I found this artical on Microsoft Technet so I announced to my Management that it works and I can give read rights to the users from exchange server. And am still trying to figure out the answer or way to escape from what I can not do. http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/E2k3AdminGuide/a7de9bbd-54b5-45b7-8421-b32dad648654.mspx According to this link on Technet Microsoft misguides Tech users like me. Idid confirm from Microsoft that it does not work. You're absolutely right about it. But is there any solution at all that I ...