Mailbox size #12

Despite what I've read here, I am having a problem with mailbox size over
2GB. Using SBS2003, I am trying to increase the size of the user's mailbox
beyond 2GB, but when I enter anything greater than 2097151kb I am told that
this is the limit. How do I push beyond this threshold?
0
UPagane (2)

On Fri, 22 Sep 2006 06:46:02 -0700, U. Pagane
<UPagane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Despite what I've read here, I am having a problem with mailbox size over
>2GB. Using SBS2003, I am trying to increase the size of the user's mailbox
>beyond 2GB, but when I enter anything greater than 2097151kb I am told that
>this is the limit. How do I push beyond this threshold?

There is no limit, that is a limitation of the GUI.
You can use adsiedit to make the limits larger.

Attributes to modify:

mDBStorageQuota: Issue warning
mDBOverQuotaLimit: Prohibit Send
mDBOverHardQuotaLimit: Prohibit Send and Receive

in KB

0
adavid (8731)

How to tell if a mailbox has an Autoforwarding rule enabled?
I was wondering if there is a way to centrally see if users have or not enable Autoforwarding rules on the mailbox. The idea is to avoid looping issues and autoforwarding to all users in the Org. And just want to know if i can report or search for an attribute somewhere that could tell me if autoforwarding is enabled or not. Thanks a lot in advance for your help! Martin H. ...

Control Form Size in 2007
I can't seem to figure out, in Access 2007, how to keep the form size from changing once that I have set it. For example, if I size my largest form in the project with the navigation pane closed, and then open the form with the navigation pane open, the form gets squeezed down (to automatically allow for the navigation pane. I have turned off everything, autocenter, autoresize, etc and tried modal and pop up version of the form but nothing seems to lock the size that I have set. Why is this? How do I fix this? Thank you much Ross You can put a little code in the...

Spell Check 12-05-09
How do you set spell check up so that it functions automatically On Sat, 5 Dec 2009 12:55:01 -0800, mtidwell <mtidwell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do you set spell check up so that it functions automatically That should be how it works by default. However, if it somehow go turned off... In Word 2003 or earlier, go to Tools > Options > Spelling & Grammar and check the first box, "Check spelling as you type". In Word 2007, go to Office button > Word Options > Proofing and check the same box, which is in the middle of the dialog. ...

customize the page size
How to cutomize the page size for printing ? Try exploring this site - http://spreadsheets.about.com/od/excel101/ss/excel_printing.htm?iam=momma_100_SKD&terms=excel+printing "SW" wrote: > How to cutomize the page size for printing ? Go to File - Page Setup OR Go to File - Print Preview "SW" wrote: > How to cutomize the page size for printing ? ...

RE: Mailbox Access
I have created a generic user account and mailbox. I have added users to this mailbox. These users are able to open up the mailbox in outlook. I have disabled the primary user account of the mailbox. Now the users are not able to access the mailbox. Does the primary user account have to enabled for users to be able to access the mailbox? Yep thats correct. Regards -- Ben Hoffman MCP (Win2000 Pro/Server & Exchange 2003 Admin) http://www.ExchangeIS.com "wbmcse" <wbmcse@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:349A8A84-3049-4212-9B92-B02542749D8E@microsoft.co...

compact mailbox
Hi, Apologies for the cross-post. W2K Exchsrvr 2K One of my mailboxes shows as 750 MB in System Manager but when I export it with Exmerge the PST file is 2 GB. How can I compress it (in the store, not the PST file)? Thanks, Peter Peter: The PST size is a very poor reflection of the size of the mailbox store. Unfortunately, so is what you see in the System Manager. System Manager only shows you that amount of data in the EDB file. If this person has a lot of mail that he/she has received from outside of your organization, this information is stored in the STM file. When you...

User with Exchange Admin role CANNOT move mailbox
One of my users has the Exchange Administrator role in System Manager AND I have verifed that she has modify access to the file 'mapisvc.ini' on the computer she runs ADUC (per KB 616792) but she is still unable to move a mailbox from one Exchange 2000 server to another. She receives the following error: Error: Connecting to source server. CN=Mouse\, Jane,OU=xxxx,OU=xxxx,DC=xxxx,DC=xxx,DC=xxxx: The information store could not be opened. The logon to the Microsoft Exchange Server computer failed. MAPI 1.0 ID no: 80040111-0286-00000000 Thanks, Megan Take a look at these articles and ...

exceed message size problem 2nd time
for outlook 2003 and sbs2003 with exchange 6.5 2nd time this happened. originally outlook not able to send large attachment email, message was that size exceeded the users limit............... changed all the many places in exchange to allow size needed, didn't solve the problem, so deleted the outlook profile from the control panel mail, recreated the outlook profile and all was good for about a month then the problem comes back. i can send the large emails for the same user with a mail account set up in outlook express, so i think the exchange settings are ok. does outlook periodi...

Font size and type drop downs on formatting bar inoperative
The font size drop down menu on the formating bar appears empty when attempting reformat text and the font type drop down is inoperative. Both can be formated using the Format drop down from the menu bar Have you tried an Office Diagnostics in the Help menu? Not sure why you cannot select fonts or font size unless your cursor isn't in the text box. If you just select the text box, the fonts are not active. What version Publisher are you using? -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "mantor" <mantor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5B28C...

Removing Senders from the Blocked List 07-12-10
For months I have been unable to remove blocked senders. I have tried from Windows Live Mail and from the Windows Live Hotmail website. After a short while they reappear. If someone can tell me what I must do, or if this can be resolved remotely, I will be most appreciative. It is most frustrating and I have been unable to receive any assistance. PLEASE HELP! ...

Allowing Administrator access to Users' Mailboxes
I hope someone can help me with this... We've recently upgraded from Win2K/Exch5.5 to SBS2003, and I was doing pretty good at getting most of the kinks out of everything (even Sharepoint) by checking the newsgroups/web/etc, but this one I just can't seem to figure out: In our old configuration, the Domain Admins group was given full control over users' mailboxes so they could monitor/purge/backup etc. Now that we're on Exchange 2003 I can't seem to figure out how to re-assign that priviledge (and the users are waiting anxiously for their exported PST's to be ...

Mailbox problem
We were having a problem with OL97 and before we reinstalled OL we archived and exported to a backup PST file. Restore went okay and everything came back in to OL. All our addresses are in the contact list with no problem. But nothing is in the address book. What happened? How can we move the info we have in our contact list to the address book? Thx Ted Try adding the Outlook Address Book service in Tools | Services. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. ***...

Folder sizes
When I open the "folder sizes" facility in Outlook 2003 do the kB figures shown include mail in Outlook archive folders? Beemer The folder size is for either the Personal Folders or the individual Folder, depending where accessed from The Archive is a completely seperate pst "Beemer" <Beemer@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:uiEUwF8ZHHA.4832@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > When I open the "folder sizes" facility in Outlook 2003 do the kB figures > shown include mail in Outlook archive folders? > > Beemer > > "DL" <address...

Junk Mail #12
I am using Outlook 2003 and periodically I get the notice that Outlook has downloaded a message that appears to be Junk E-mail and that it was automatically moved to the Junk E-mail folder but when I open the Junk E-mail folder, nothing is there. Why am I getting this message? I am also using Qurb and suspect that messages being quarantined are the same ones that would have gone into the Junk E-mail folder. it's probably a timing issue larry. Outlook applies it's rules and filters and then Qurb respectfully waits till she's finished. So, as Outlook informs you of her in...

Mailbox Moves #5
Delegate access is retained in same site moves versus cross-site? Thank you. im not even sure thats a question "Don" <Don@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9698A2D5-8553-4C5E-9C19-168AD695096E@microsoft.com... > Delegate access is retained in same site moves versus cross-site? > > Thank you. ...

Anonymous Logon in mailbox permission
Hi, I realise that there all my users mailbox rights have anonymous logon group as read permissions allow and also the mailbox store have anonymous logon group as "create named properties in the infomation store" as allow too. Why is that so? Is this rights necessary? Is there any effect if i remove them? Thanks. ...

Tab control + having same size for all tabs
Hello All I am working on tab control in which I want to set the same size of all tabs of tab control. I am adding the tabs dynamically . When I saw the .NET style tab control ( Look tab control used in MSDN) , I felt that it is more elegant than the old looked MFC tab control. My ultimate goal is to have the same size for all tabs irrespective of text it has ( MFC's default behaviour shows the full text in tab ) If the text exceeds that width, then It will make it shortened by adding .... ( three dots ) (e.g. "The text of tab...Will Come here" ) , I know that I will have to wri...

Edit mailbox size limit message #2
Hi All, We have Exchange 2003, Outlook 2k on desktop. We limit mailboxes to 100mb and issue a warning at 75mb, in order to give them enough of a cahnce to archive, delete, etc. My question is, can we edit the message that comes from the "System Administrator" to use our own verbage? Users get confused with the message because it says "Mailbox size limits: You will receive a warning when your mailbox reaches 75000 KB.You may not be able to send or receive new mail until you reduce your mailbox size." They think this message means they won't be able to send or receiv...

MailBoxes Quota Setting
Hi All, Sorry to bother u, I have a question about the MailBoxes Quota Setting on Exchange Server 2003 For decreasing the administrative time, is that possible to set the mailboxes quota limitation as quick as possible Something like to set several different size by Group?, or by some of the AD Properties Except: 1. by Storage(Exchange Server, 4 mail groups is the limitation for one Exchange Server. 2. by User (AD, set one by one in the company, which has hundreds user @.@) best regards Stanley Chen System Support Engineer ps. Third party Tool is available if it's worth to pay. thanks a...

How to manually delete mailboxes
How can I manually delete mailboxes out of Exchange Server 2k3. I've delete some people from AD but I can seem to remove the mailboxes from the server. I also would like to remove these people from the Global address book. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks On Wed, 4 Apr 2007 09:14:03 -0700, gtucker <gtucker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How can I manually delete mailboxes out of Exchange Server 2k3. I've delete >some people from AD but I can seem to remove the mailboxes from the server. >I also would like to remove these people from the Global addr...

windows 7 and outlook 2007 12-09-09
Ever since I upgraded from Vista to Windows 7x64, my Outlook 2007 no longer works. The settings are correct, as confirmed by Comcast, and the error message is "cannot find named server..." Anyone run into this issue, I tried Comcast and they confirmed my settings and said it's a software issue? ...

12 columns to 1 data column
I have an export of budget information from Helmsman with dept, acct, project & 12 periods of data in columns. My G/L program (Navision) only takes the import in the following format: acct, dept, project, period, amount, with each period of information for each account/dept/project as a separate row. I've tried doing the transpose function, which won't work in this case, since it's more than 10,000 rows of info & only 12 columns (besides, I really want the column headers to repeat for each acct.) I also started trying to use the pivot table function, but I can't get...

Domain Admin cannot access other users' mailbox
Hi, Im running exchange 2003 on SBS. I'm the domain/exchange admin and I am trying to open up another users' mailbox by creating a new profile in my outlook 2003, then setting that profile to access a users mailbox, then setting it to prompt for a profile every time. At my old company, this used to work fine. Now when I try it, I get an authentication box that pops up. I thought that as exchange full admin I have full rights to everybodys mailbox? Then I just read somewhere that the admin has specific deny rights to users' mailbox, and I would have to manually go into the users AD ...

Invest 3325/-. & get 2,04,750/- in 12 periods without working. or 32,00,000/- with some working
Hi I made my choice when faced this opportunity to lock my position. The compnay is going on mass way to sell Bajaj Allianz New unit gain policy . How you and me can benefit by taking policy earlier. We can enter into pool to earn 2,04,750/- without working. IF we introduce 8 members we can earn 32,00,000/- (not necessary 8 members has to work) This is called grwoth plan.. & many companies are successfully running this concpet. see the testimonals for proof. Investment is 3325/- & we get policy when 12,000/- gets deposited in your account. 9000./- gets deduced from your earning....

how do I set default font size in Excel comments?
as title - I want deafult font size to be 12 not 8. I am on XP SP1 / Excel2003, but right click / set auto defaults does nothing; in help, about comments shows nothing; troubleshoot comments shows nothing; other help unhelpful. To change the default font size (this will also change the settings for tooltips in Excel and other programs): Right-click on the desktop, and choose Properties On the Appearance tab, click Advanced. From the Item dropdown, choose Tooltip Choose a font Size, click OK, click OK (Note: selecting a font type here will not affect the default font use...