Mailbox Resources #3

Hi All

Can anybody out there help me with a little problem I have?

I'm running Exchange 5.5 on a NT4 Server.

Under the Private Information Store and under Mailbox Resources it lists the
mailboxes. The problem is that there are some old ones in there. If I double
click on them I get the following message
"No mapping between account names and Security IDs was Done"

Does anybody know how I can delete these old mailboxes

Cheers

Stuart

sounds like they are hidden, and the NT accounts are gone...in your Exchange
Admin program, go to "View", and select "Hidden recipients"...then you can
select and delete the maiboxes...

"Stuart Perry" <StuartPerry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi All
>
> Can anybody out there help me with a little problem I have?
>
> I'm running Exchange 5.5 on a NT4 Server.
>
> Under the Private Information Store and under Mailbox Resources it lists
the
> mailboxes. The problem is that there are some old ones in there. If I
double
> click on them I get the following message
> "No mapping between account names and Security IDs was Done"
>
> Does anybody know how I can delete these old mailboxes
>
> Cheers
>
> Stuart

0
susan7353 (1225)
2/7/2005 3:41:55 PM
Thanks for that.  It worked a treat.  You where spot on with your answer

"Susan" wrote:

> sounds like they are hidden, and the NT accounts are gone...in your Exchange
> Admin program, go to "View", and select "Hidden recipients"...then you can
> select and delete the maiboxes...
>
> "Stuart Perry" <StuartPerry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi All
> >
> > Can anybody out there help me with a little problem I have?
> >
> > I'm running Exchange 5.5 on a NT4 Server.
> >
> > Under the Private Information Store and under Mailbox Resources it lists
> the
> > mailboxes. The problem is that there are some old ones in there. If I
> double
> > click on them I get the following message
> > "No mapping between account names and Security IDs was Done"
> >
> > Does anybody know how I can delete these old mailboxes
> >
> > Cheers
> >
> > Stuart

localhost #3
How do you stop Outlook from changing your mail settings automatically? K Disable the antivirus scanner's email scan feature. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com OneNote Tips: 1note-tips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net "Aluckyguess" <notme@lakers.com> wrote in message news:10a8...

cant send email #3
when I set up email accounts and do the test it all passes ok, but when I try to send an email it wont allow me to compaose an email, as the tool bar will not highlight to allow me to write new message. Then I get a message about a server problem, but the test shows all as ok? maggie@dsl.pipex.com <maggie@dsl.pipex.com@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > when I set up email accounts and do the test it all passes ok, but > when I try to send an email it wont allow me to compaose an email, as > the tool bar will not highlight to allow me to write new message. > Then I get ...

Creating a Mailbox
Hi all, Is it possible to create a mailbox within the Exchange System Manager, eg, info@companyname.com without having to create a user. Im currently using exchange 2003 TIA, James Not really. What is the problem? JD wrote: > Hi all, > > Is it possible to create a mailbox within the Exchange System Manager, eg, > info@companyname.com without having to create a user. > > Im currently using exchange 2003 > > TIA, > > James You cannot create a mailbox in Exchange 2003 without creating a user account associated with it. However, if you just want an SMTP ad...

Outlook keeps Crashing #3
Soon after turning on Outlook 2000 I get the following message Microsoft Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. I am prompted to select send error report and after I click send it closes/crashes Outlook. Please help Paul Try using the disc and reinstalling or choose the repair function from the office disc >-----Original Message----- >Soon after turning on Outlook 2000 I get the following >message Microsoft Outlook has encountered a problem and >needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. I am >prompted ...

mailbox limitations
Can anyone point me to any info on the size limitations for mailboxes & PST files..? I believe that beyond 2 GB MS says you're in a danger zone. I need further info to support our e-mail deletion policy PSTs have a limit of 2GB (corruption may happen even after 1GB). Mailboxes, on the other hand can be in the GB (but I wouldn't recommend it from an administrative standpoint). -- Nick Cavalancia MCSE/MCT/MCNE/MCNI nickc@remove-comsphere.com Comsphere - "Where Knowledge Transfer is Key" Web: http://www.comsphere.com Ph: 954.275.0114 Fax: 954.791.6763 "Mikeg"...

Resources #2
In Exchange 2003 how do I create resources for rooms, projectors, etc. that people can use when scheduling meetings? They are simply mailboxes. Check out http://www.swinc.com/erm. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "David Mendes" <someone@here.com> wrote in message news:O3V7HzLqFHA.208@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > In Exchange 2003 how do I create resources for rooms, projectors, etc. > that people can use when scheduling meetings? > ...

User explicitly denied "Full Mailbox Access"
I have an administrator account "Mark" that is explicitly denied the Full Mailbox Access permission in "Mailbox Rights". I am able to grant other adminstrators access to the same mailbox, even domain users. It seem the user is inheriting the single Deny permission, but I can't see where from. The user who's mailbox I am trying to grant access to is the domain\users OU. Mark is automatically denied full mailbox access to all users, even if I turn off inheritance in the security tab. Help? Thanks everyone in advance. Is his account listed in the exchange deleg...

CRM 3.0 Mobile Error
Hi, I'm trying to get CRM 3.0 Mobile working, except I'm getting the following error: SQL CE exception Error Code: 80072F76 Message : Internal error: HTTP header information is either corrupted or missing in the transport message. It could be a network transmission error or an IIS problem. Minor Err.: 28035 Source : Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Everywhere Edition Exception Contents : Internal error: HTTP header information is either corrupted or missing in the transport message. It could be a network transmission error or an IIS problem. [TIM]02/03/2008 00:20:28 [CMP]mMBSExce...

mailbox split during mailbox move :(
If the mailbox move process dies in the middle of the mailbox and there is half of the mailbox on the new server and the other half on the old server. Is it possible to connect those two again? I had one of my mailboxes do this to me on my test domain and I ended up deleting (Purging) it since it wouldn't let me do anything with the part that was left on the source server. I am just wandering what if it would happen on my live server... do I have to bring the mailbox from .PST file or there is another way? Thank you in advance. On Wed, 31 May 2006 09:49:02 -0700, Volodymyr <vg@a...

Is there a fle associated with additional mailboxes?
Is there a fle associated with additional mailboxes? Is there a file that keeps track of additional mailboxes that I have access to and are displayed in my outlook folder list? I want to know for migration reasons. Once migrated will I have to add the mailboxes again or is there a file that can be copied or even a utility that will make sure I do not lose any. I only have a few, but some of my co-workers are connected to as many as 15-20 I believe. Thanks for any help They are part of the profile and stored in the registry. See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/mru.htm - I don't rec...

Status Bar #3
I am writing an MDI application. Is there any way I can update the text on the status bar from CMyAppView.cpp (inherits from CFormView)? The help that I saw on MSDN only tells you how to update the text in CMainFrame, not in anywhere else... I am new to MFC, and I am so lost in all these doc/view/frame/wnd concept.. Thanks Hannah wrote: > I am writing an MDI application. Is there any way I can update the text on the status bar from CMyAppView.cpp (inherits from CFormView)? The help that I saw on MSDN only tells you how to update the text in CMainFrame, not in anywhere else... I am new t...

Read Only access to mailbox?
I know that in Active Directory you can grant someon 'Full mailbox access' to another person's mailbox. Can you give Read Only access to another person's mailbox in AD, or do you have to do that through Outlook permissions with delegates or folder permissions? Thanks. On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 08:00:04 -0700, SilverICE <SilverICE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I know that in Active Directory you can grant someon 'Full mailbox access' to >another person's mailbox. Can you give Read Only access to another person's >mailbox in AD, or do you h...

OFFICE #3
I recently up graded my Mac operating system from 10.4.9 to system 10.5.<br> Now when I try to open excel the message says that it is being used by me. It could be an issue with naming the computer. Everything worked before I installed the new system upgrade. It could be a software issue. I have three Mac computers. I have used one ID number on each computer for a total of three. What is the exact text of the message? Only Excel, or any Office Application? Which CPU type? Have you applied Apple Combo Updater 10.5.2 (released today)? If it's any Office application, it's a bad...

[OT] 1GB mailbox
i have find this site that offer 1 gb of space!! http://www.walla.com/ it's wonderful! "MMC" <ryuken_26@yahoo.it> said > i have find this site that offer 1 gb of space!! > > http://www.walla.com/ > > it's wonderful! > > No thanks. Since installing my SAN I now have a 10TB mailbox to play with. Andrew Mitchell <amitchell@removecasey.vic.gov.au> wrote in news:Xns95C7E0C461A29casey01@207.46.248.16: > No thanks. > Since installing my SAN I now have a 10TB mailbox to play with. Nice X-face! -- Arlo Clizer Exchange MVP FAQ...

Mailbox Access
I use Veritas Backup Exec to performa backups of our information stores and user mailboxes. During the course of the backups I get warnings from some mailboxes about e-mails that are corrupt. My question is, how do I get to the e-mail/mailbox level to find out what is wrong with the particular message and if need be, eliminate them? Thanks you. http://mail.tekscan.com/nomailboxes.htm Bill Van Loon wrote: > I use Veritas Backup Exec to performa backups of our information stores and > user mailboxes. During the course of the backups I get warnings from some > mailboxes about e-...

worksheet menu bar #3
Hello there, would there be a way to hide the Worksheet Menu Bar for one particular workbook only, and have a macro button to unhide the Worksheet Menu Bar after a password is entered, (and not affect all the other workbooks Worksheet Menu Bars) thank you for any help or suggestions Ditchy You could add it to the workbook_Activate event and unhide it in deactivate Private Sub Workbook_Activate() if not fAlwaysShown Then Application.CommandBars("Worksheet Menu Bar").Enabled = False End If End Sub Private Sub Workbook_Deactivate() Application.CommandBars("...

CRM 3.0
We are getting an error message when clicking to create a new quote or invoice or to look at an existing order or invoice and when clicking on any view to customize it. The error is very generic - "An error has occurred. For more information contact your system administrator." Any suggestions on this? Thanks. Update on error message - This is the URL generated when this error occurred http://hippo.cimbrian.com/_common/error/errorhandler.aspx?errNum=&errMessage=CS1595:+'Microsoft.Crm.Platform.Types.SALES_ORDER_STATE'+is+defined+in+multiple+places;+using+definition...

cannot delete mailbox in 5.5
when i try to delete a mailbox i get the following error: "failure to delete mailbox" event id is 1203. it suggests to stop and re-start the services, but that does not correct the issue. any suggestion on how to remove the mailbox that is not needed? thx.. Any help from http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;178757 tim wrote: > when i try to delete a mailbox i get the following error: "failure to delete > mailbox" event id is 1203. it suggests to stop and re-start the services, but > that does not correct the issue. any suggestion on how ...

Granting Admins full rights to all Mailboxes
Hi In our company we wish for the Exchange Admins to be able to open any users mailbox. Since our upgrade to exchange 2003 we have lost that abillity. I have followed the steps in in q821897 to restore this functionallity. The steps did not work, members of Domain Admins still do not have the abillity to open users mailboxes. If anyone has any ideas I would love to hear them Thank mar ...

Checking mailbox usage
Hi, I'm using EX 2003 at the moment, and am pretty new to this, so this is probably really dumb question but... How can I find out the size of users' mailboxes from the server? I've looked everywhere, but can't seem to find it. We are running out of room on our mail server, and I want to find out who the biggest culprits are... Hope somebody can get back to me asap :) TIA Exchange System Manager | Administrative Groups | yourAdmin Group name | Servers | Your Server | your Storage Group Name | Mailbox Store | Mailboxes. Next to each mailbox in that store you'll see ...

Unable to access mailbox
Hi, I have suddenly encountered a problem with one of ourmailboxes (Exchange 2003 SP1), this is a monitored account where it is linked to a number of other mailboxes, but since last night, no one has any access to it. I can add the mailbox to my outlook profile, but when trying to open up the mailbox, I receive the error "Unable to expand the folder, the set of folders could not be opened. The informations tore could not be opened." I have tried with using the exchange primary service account (which had full acccess) as welll as seting a primary account for the account an...

Count Unique text in 3 different columns
Hi, I saw a few formulas that adds Unique records when is numbers, but I have a spreasheet which I need to count the Unique records (Names) taken into consideration three diffrent columns, example; Column A Column B Column C DC&D aagis Ternure DC&D aagis Ternure DC&D adamk New Hire DC&D adamk New Hire DC&D adasilva New Hire DC&D adasilva New Hire DC&D vdafons Ternure DC&D AMPATA Ternure DC&D AMPATA Ternure DC&D AMPATA Ternure DC&D AMPATA Ternure AIO Ashaw New Hire AIO Ashaw New Hire AIO Ashaw New Hire AIO Ashaw New Hire AIO A...

Outlook crashes #3
Hi, I am trying to download emails from my POP3 account. But my outlook 2000 crashes. Even I applied sp-3. The error message displays the rtfhtml.dll as the module name. Any idea what I can do to solve this problem. Thanks Chandra ...

Booking Resources
When I book a conference room for a meeting, I get a message saying something like "Resource booking confirmed". There's a tick box to disable these messages, but if I ticked it and later wanted the messages restored, how would I do it? -- Richard Still using Office 2003 & Win2kpro (last few weeks) Search the web and raise money for charity at www.everyclick.com ...

Excel 2007 question #3
I have been using Excel for a specific purpose since about 1990 and every version since. It is a spreadsheet with many embedded formulas which, fortunately, have worked in all versions of Excel. I am absolutely puzzled by the default behavior of Excel 2007 with regard to text entry. When entering data into a cell the typing appears in the formula bar and the cursor appears in the cell but no text. There is no cursor in the formula bar while typing. I have to deliberately place the cursor in the formula bar with the mouse to correct a typing error. If entering a text item that has prev...