mailbox question #4

For my exchange mail stores, I have granted full permissions to an admin
user to look at all user emails.     How do I get Outlook (2003) to show all
the mailboxes for which the current user has permission?  Right now, outlook
just shows the mailbox for the admin user.

thanks

sm

You will have to go into the profile of the admin user and add all the
mailboxes that you want him/her to look at. By default Outlook only
shows the mailbox that it was configured for.

Scott McFadden wrote:
> For my exchange mail stores, I have granted full permissions to an admin
> user to look at all user emails.     How do I get Outlook (2003) to show all
> the mailboxes for which the current user has permission?  Right now, outlook
> just shows the mailbox for the admin user.
>
> thanks
>
> sm

That is what I thought too.  However, I witnessed two different behaviors on
two diff Win2003 boxes both with outlook 2003 installed.

Box A.  Configure Outlook for admin user.  Open outlook and all mail store
boxes appear in outlook folder list.
Box B.  Configure Outlook for admin user.   Open outlook and only the
current user mail box shows in outlook folder list.

I don't really see what's diff between BoxA and BoxB.   Primarily, I am just
looking for a quick way to get Outlook 2003 to show all the mailboxes
consistently.

"Kirrin Jones" <kirrinjones@gmail.com> wrote in message
> You will have to go into the profile of the admin user and add all the
> mailboxes that you want him/her to look at. By default Outlook only shows
> the mailbox that it was configured for.
>

> Scott McFadden wrote:
>> For my exchange mail stores, I have granted full permissions to an admin
>> user to look at all user emails.     How do I get Outlook (2003) to show
>> all the mailboxes for which the current user has permission?  Right now,
>> outlook just shows the mailbox for the admin user.
>>
>> thanks
>>
>> sm

Creating a Mailbox
Hi all, Is it possible to create a mailbox within the Exchange System Manager, eg, info@companyname.com without having to create a user. Im currently using exchange 2003 TIA, James Not really. What is the problem? JD wrote: > Hi all, > > Is it possible to create a mailbox within the Exchange System Manager, eg, > info@companyname.com without having to create a user. > > Im currently using exchange 2003 > > TIA, > > James You cannot create a mailbox in Exchange 2003 without creating a user account associated with it. However, if you just want an SMTP ad...

User explicitly denied "Full Mailbox Access"
I have an administrator account "Mark" that is explicitly denied the Full Mailbox Access permission in "Mailbox Rights". I am able to grant other adminstrators access to the same mailbox, even domain users. It seem the user is inheriting the single Deny permission, but I can't see where from. The user who's mailbox I am trying to grant access to is the domain\users OU. Mark is automatically denied full mailbox access to all users, even if I turn off inheritance in the security tab. Help? Thanks everyone in advance. Is his account listed in the exchange deleg...

mailbox limitations
Can anyone point me to any info on the size limitations for mailboxes & PST files..? I believe that beyond 2 GB MS says you're in a danger zone. I need further info to support our e-mail deletion policy PSTs have a limit of 2GB (corruption may happen even after 1GB). Mailboxes, on the other hand can be in the GB (but I wouldn't recommend it from an administrative standpoint). -- Nick Cavalancia MCSE/MCT/MCNE/MCNI nickc@remove-comsphere.com Comsphere - "Where Knowledge Transfer is Key" Web: http://www.comsphere.com Ph: 954.275.0114 Fax: 954.791.6763 "Mikeg"...

mailbox split during mailbox move :(
If the mailbox move process dies in the middle of the mailbox and there is half of the mailbox on the new server and the other half on the old server. Is it possible to connect those two again? I had one of my mailboxes do this to me on my test domain and I ended up deleting (Purging) it since it wouldn't let me do anything with the part that was left on the source server. I am just wandering what if it would happen on my live server... do I have to bring the mailbox from .PST file or there is another way? Thank you in advance. On Wed, 31 May 2006 09:49:02 -0700, Volodymyr <vg@a...

Is there a fle associated with additional mailboxes?
Is there a fle associated with additional mailboxes? Is there a file that keeps track of additional mailboxes that I have access to and are displayed in my outlook folder list? I want to know for migration reasons. Once migrated will I have to add the mailboxes again or is there a file that can be copied or even a utility that will make sure I do not lose any. I only have a few, but some of my co-workers are connected to as many as 15-20 I believe. Thanks for any help They are part of the profile and stored in the registry. See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/mru.htm - I don't rec...

I should have posted this as a question!"
When adding new contacts to my Outlook - the country "United Kingdom" is added automatically to the end. How can I stop this from happening? You should have posted your Outlook version. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, Gerald asked: | When adding new contacts to my Outlook - the country "United Kingdom" | is added automatically to the end. How can I stop this from | happening? Sorry ...

Read Only access to mailbox?
I know that in Active Directory you can grant someon 'Full mailbox access' to another person's mailbox. Can you give Read Only access to another person's mailbox in AD, or do you have to do that through Outlook permissions with delegates or folder permissions? Thanks. On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 08:00:04 -0700, SilverICE <SilverICE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I know that in Active Directory you can grant someon 'Full mailbox access' to >another person's mailbox. Can you give Read Only access to another person's >mailbox in AD, or do you h...

Query question.
I need to know how to format a query to produce columns of "best fit" width. Specifically in a Xtab query. Please help, Frank What do you mean by 'best fit width'? The width of a column is really a display issue on whatever form or report will show the results. If you are saying you need to know the maximum length of the data in any column of the entire table, you'd need to take a 2-pass approach where the first pass calculates the max length of each column and the second pass formats the data. -- Dorian "Give someone a fish and they eat fo...

Microsoft Outlook 2003 client on a SBS 4.5,
When setting a new appointment in a shared calendar using a Microsoft Outlook 2003 client on a SBS 4.5, only the user who sets the appointment can view the appointment. The user who owns the calendar can only view hours after it was set. Sometimes that user can't view the appointment at all. In addition, the user which sets the appointment has problems viewing reoccurring events. Some of the reoccurring events are viewed by that user and some aren't. In news:D0A98849-59FC-46D8-904F-E370B385ACC9@microsoft.com, ?? <@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > When setting a ...

[OT] 1GB mailbox
i have find this site that offer 1 gb of space!! http://www.walla.com/ it's wonderful! "MMC" <ryuken_26@yahoo.it> said > i have find this site that offer 1 gb of space!! > > http://www.walla.com/ > > it's wonderful! > > No thanks. Since installing my SAN I now have a 10TB mailbox to play with. Andrew Mitchell <amitchell@removecasey.vic.gov.au> wrote in news:Xns95C7E0C461A29casey01@207.46.248.16: > No thanks. > Since installing my SAN I now have a 10TB mailbox to play with. Nice X-face! -- Arlo Clizer Exchange MVP FAQ...

Cached Plan DMV Questions
http://blogs.msdn.com/sqlprogrammability/archive/2007/01/23/4-0-useful-queries-on-dmv-s-to-understand-plan-cache-behavior.aspx I found these set of queries excellent for digging into some plan cache issues I'm having, but I have a few questions. 1) I don't quite understand the widely varied sizes I get for the same plan using: - sys.dm_exec_cached_plans.size_in_bytes - sys.dm_os_memory_cache_entries.pages_allocated_count * 8192 - sys.dm_os_memory_objects.pages_allocated_count * sys.dm_os_memory_objects.page_size_in_bytes I can add up the values for PLANSKELETON,...

checkbox question
i have a template in excel with a checkbox. im importing from another file, either a true or false, or 0 or 1. how do i get excel to make a check or not based upon the values from the other file Maybe you could use a helper column of cells with formulas: =IF(A1=TRUE,CHAR(252),"") or =IF(A1=1,CHAR(252),"") And format that column with a font of wingdings (it'll look like a checkmark). oTTO wrote: > > i have a template in excel with a checkbox. im importing from another > file, either a true or false, or 0 or 1. how do i get excel to make a > check or no...

Mailbox Access
I use Veritas Backup Exec to performa backups of our information stores and user mailboxes. During the course of the backups I get warnings from some mailboxes about e-mails that are corrupt. My question is, how do I get to the e-mail/mailbox level to find out what is wrong with the particular message and if need be, eliminate them? Thanks you. http://mail.tekscan.com/nomailboxes.htm Bill Van Loon wrote: > I use Veritas Backup Exec to performa backups of our information stores and > user mailboxes. During the course of the backups I get warnings from some > mailboxes about e-...

Forwarding question
Hi there, This is a simple question. Our mail server is Exchange 2003 enterpirse on Windows 2003 enterprise. Some users wanna forward their emails out to other email addresses. If a user set up a rule on client, sender of forwarded email will be the mailbox on Exchange so it's hard to reply. I'd like to set up a rule on server-side. If I use "Forward to:" of "Delivery Options" on "Exchange General" of user Properties, it seems I have to set up a contact for the user and then add it in "Forward to:", I think it's really awkward. My que...

Urgent questions about Exchange 2003
Hello: 1) How can I get the version of MS Exchange which is installed in my computer? (By a command or C++ code). 2) How could I automatically create a new public folder in MS Exchange 2003? Thanks a lot. Manuel. Code/dev-related issues will get a better response if posted to microsoft.public.exchange.development. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT -------------------------------- "Manu" <Manu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F5295DFE-5931-4C29-BF23-70585847268A@microsoft.com... > Hello: > > 1) How can I get the version of MS Exchange which is install...

cannot delete mailbox in 5.5
when i try to delete a mailbox i get the following error: "failure to delete mailbox" event id is 1203. it suggests to stop and re-start the services, but that does not correct the issue. any suggestion on how to remove the mailbox that is not needed? thx.. Any help from http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;178757 tim wrote: > when i try to delete a mailbox i get the following error: "failure to delete > mailbox" event id is 1203. it suggests to stop and re-start the services, but > that does not correct the issue. any suggestion on how ...

Granting Admins full rights to all Mailboxes
Hi In our company we wish for the Exchange Admins to be able to open any users mailbox. Since our upgrade to exchange 2003 we have lost that abillity. I have followed the steps in in q821897 to restore this functionallity. The steps did not work, members of Domain Admins still do not have the abillity to open users mailboxes. If anyone has any ideas I would love to hear them Thank mar ...

Web interface and logging questions
I am using Exchange 2003. I have 2 questions: 1. Is there a web interface for the administrator to add more aliases when he is not physically near the server and can not use the Active Directory Users and Computers? 2. Is there a way log to file also the "From", "To" and "Subject" for each incoming message to the server ? Thanks for your time ra294@hotmail.com For 1, http://www.imanami.com For 2, http://www.promodag.com or http://www.netiq.com -- regards, Michael Abbaticchio MVP for Exchange Server http://mvps.org/exchange "Ya Ya" <ra294@h...

Checking mailbox usage
Hi, I'm using EX 2003 at the moment, and am pretty new to this, so this is probably really dumb question but... How can I find out the size of users' mailboxes from the server? I've looked everywhere, but can't seem to find it. We are running out of room on our mail server, and I want to find out who the biggest culprits are... Hope somebody can get back to me asap :) TIA Exchange System Manager | Administrative Groups | yourAdmin Group name | Servers | Your Server | your Storage Group Name | Mailbox Store | Mailboxes. Next to each mailbox in that store you'll see ...

Excel 2007 question #3
I have been using Excel for a specific purpose since about 1990 and every version since. It is a spreadsheet with many embedded formulas which, fortunately, have worked in all versions of Excel. I am absolutely puzzled by the default behavior of Excel 2007 with regard to text entry. When entering data into a cell the typing appears in the formula bar and the cursor appears in the cell but no text. There is no cursor in the formula bar while typing. I have to deliberately place the cursor in the formula bar with the mouse to correct a typing error. If entering a text item that has prev...

Unable to access mailbox
Hi, I have suddenly encountered a problem with one of ourmailboxes (Exchange 2003 SP1), this is a monitored account where it is linked to a number of other mailboxes, but since last night, no one has any access to it. I can add the mailbox to my outlook profile, but when trying to open up the mailbox, I receive the error "Unable to expand the folder, the set of folders could not be opened. The informations tore could not be opened." I have tried with using the exchange primary service account (which had full acccess) as welll as seting a primary account for the account an...

rather simple question about CWnd
I'm trying to convert my dialog based app to an app that just has an icon in the notification area (next to the clock). I want to do this with with a CWnd class that handles all the commands from that icon and it's menu. What do I put in place of the DoModal() command that was used for the primary dialog? I want the app to just automatically put the icon in the notification area, and not show any windows. thanks in advance, ed ed wrote: > I'm trying to convert my dialog based app to an app that just has an icon in > the notification area (next to the clock). I want to...

crop marks #4
How and when do I reduce the publication to show the crop marks on a printout? Check the paper size you have selected. Which paper sizes are available depends on the printer driver you have selected. Most imagesetter printer drivers have paper sizes, such as Letter.Extra, A4.Extra, and Legal.Extra, which provide extra space on every edge to accommodate crops marks and other printer's marks. Crop marks are enabled in the advanced printer settings. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Lucille" <Lucille@di...

checkmark for answered questions
Can someone tell me where I can find the checkmark for answered questions. "alleycat" wrote ... > Can someone tell me where I can find the checkmark for answered > questions. No details. No context. Did you really expect an answer with such an overly vague question? http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm http://users.tpg.com.au/bzyhjr/liszt.html http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/555375 sorry i didn't mean to bother you i am just starting to do this and i didn't quite know how to explain it. All i was looking for is the green checkmark - i thought maybe I had t...

Move mailbox increases the size of mailboxes
Hi, Doing a migration of Exchange 2000 to 2003, where mailboxes on an Exchange 2000 server is being moved to a newly installed Exchange 2003 SP2 server. After moving about dozen of users, we seem to notice a 20% increase of the size of the mailbox on Exchange 2003 from what it was on Exchange 2000... Is there any explaination for this ???, maybe single message storage or ??? Thanks !!! Single instance storage will be broken during the move. Nue "thinkpad21" <thinkpad21@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:27C8816D-9CF9-4E2F-96B4-CD172226F3D8@microsoft.com.....