mailbox permission question

Is there an easy way in A.D. / Exchange 2003 to grant mailbox read
permissions for an entire store to a given user / admin?

thanks!

Scott,

you can do this by right-clicking the Administrative group which contains
the information store you want access to, and delegate Full Exchange
permissions to the user / admin you want.
Or, you can right-click the Exchange server > security > Assign appropriate
permissions

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Mark Hewitson
MCSE+M
mhewitson[at]infomedia[dot]com[dot[au]

"scott mcfadden" wrote:

> Is there an easy way in A.D. / Exchange 2003 to grant mailbox read
> permissions for an entire store to a given user / admin?
>
> thanks!

Send as permission #6
Hi I gave Win2003 SP1+Exchange SP2 with all the updates. Some of the users have more than one mailbox. To the emails in the other mailboxes its ok, but to send from this mailboxes it says that there is no permission. Where should I give the permission? Than'x Shay In the user's rights grant Send As right. It's not in the mailbox rights, but in the rights on the user object. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "S" <s@s.com> wrote in message news:OxT4ELPHHHA.1240@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Hi > ...

Creating a Mailbox
Hi all, Is it possible to create a mailbox within the Exchange System Manager, eg, info@companyname.com without having to create a user. Im currently using exchange 2003 TIA, James Not really. What is the problem? JD wrote: > Hi all, > > Is it possible to create a mailbox within the Exchange System Manager, eg, > info@companyname.com without having to create a user. > > Im currently using exchange 2003 > > TIA, > > James You cannot create a mailbox in Exchange 2003 without creating a user account associated with it. However, if you just want an SMTP ad...

User explicitly denied "Full Mailbox Access"
I have an administrator account "Mark" that is explicitly denied the Full Mailbox Access permission in "Mailbox Rights". I am able to grant other adminstrators access to the same mailbox, even domain users. It seem the user is inheriting the single Deny permission, but I can't see where from. The user who's mailbox I am trying to grant access to is the domain\users OU. Mark is automatically denied full mailbox access to all users, even if I turn off inheritance in the security tab. Help? Thanks everyone in advance. Is his account listed in the exchange deleg...

mailbox limitations
Can anyone point me to any info on the size limitations for mailboxes & PST files..? I believe that beyond 2 GB MS says you're in a danger zone. I need further info to support our e-mail deletion policy PSTs have a limit of 2GB (corruption may happen even after 1GB). Mailboxes, on the other hand can be in the GB (but I wouldn't recommend it from an administrative standpoint). -- Nick Cavalancia MCSE/MCT/MCNE/MCNI nickc@remove-comsphere.com Comsphere - "Where Knowledge Transfer is Key" Web: http://www.comsphere.com Ph: 954.275.0114 Fax: 954.791.6763 "Mikeg"...

Question regarding a line chart y axis value.
Is it possible to have, on a simple line chart, the y axis value on both left and right at the same time? Thanks ahead Hi, Yes, maybe the easiest way is to select the series and choose Copy. Select the chart and choose Paste. You have two lines of the same series, but one is hidden behind the other. Select either line and choose Format, Selected Data Series, Axis, Secondary Axis. Select the legend and then the legend entry for one of the two lines and press del. -- If this helps, please click the Yes button Cheers, Shane Devenshire "Bobby" wrote: > Is it possible t...

How do I set CAS permission for a single exe file
Hello! Assume that I have an exe file called MyExe.exe and I want to run this on my computer with the permission in the permissionset MyPermissionSet how do I best accomplish this ? //Tony ...

mailbox split during mailbox move :(
If the mailbox move process dies in the middle of the mailbox and there is half of the mailbox on the new server and the other half on the old server. Is it possible to connect those two again? I had one of my mailboxes do this to me on my test domain and I ended up deleting (Purging) it since it wouldn't let me do anything with the part that was left on the source server. I am just wandering what if it would happen on my live server... do I have to bring the mailbox from .PST file or there is another way? Thank you in advance. On Wed, 31 May 2006 09:49:02 -0700, Volodymyr <vg@a...

Is there a fle associated with additional mailboxes?
Is there a fle associated with additional mailboxes? Is there a file that keeps track of additional mailboxes that I have access to and are displayed in my outlook folder list? I want to know for migration reasons. Once migrated will I have to add the mailboxes again or is there a file that can be copied or even a utility that will make sure I do not lose any. I only have a few, but some of my co-workers are connected to as many as 15-20 I believe. Thanks for any help They are part of the profile and stored in the registry. See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/mru.htm - I don't rec...

Read Only access to mailbox?
I know that in Active Directory you can grant someon 'Full mailbox access' to another person's mailbox. Can you give Read Only access to another person's mailbox in AD, or do you have to do that through Outlook permissions with delegates or folder permissions? Thanks. On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 08:00:04 -0700, SilverICE <SilverICE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I know that in Active Directory you can grant someon 'Full mailbox access' to >another person's mailbox. Can you give Read Only access to another person's >mailbox in AD, or do you h...

I should have posted this as a question!"
When adding new contacts to my Outlook - the country "United Kingdom" is added automatically to the end. How can I stop this from happening? You should have posted your Outlook version. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, Gerald asked: | When adding new contacts to my Outlook - the country "United Kingdom" | is added automatically to the end. How can I stop this from | happening? Sorry ...

This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C6DD6A.00855DD0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I randomly get an issue where a user will try to send an email to = somebody and gets this message from the System Admin:=20 Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. =20 Subject: RE: BBHS Sent: 9/21/2006 10:13 AM =20 The following recipient(s) could not be reached: =20 Brendan Murray on 9/21/2006 10:12 AM You do n...

Query question.
I need to know how to format a query to produce columns of "best fit" width. Specifically in a Xtab query. Please help, Frank What do you mean by 'best fit width'? The width of a column is really a display issue on whatever form or report will show the results. If you are saying you need to know the maximum length of the data in any column of the entire table, you'd need to take a 2-pass approach where the first pass calculates the max length of each column and the second pass formats the data. -- Dorian "Give someone a fish and they eat fo...

[OT] 1GB mailbox
i have find this site that offer 1 gb of space!! http://www.walla.com/ it's wonderful! "MMC" <ryuken_26@yahoo.it> said > i have find this site that offer 1 gb of space!! > > http://www.walla.com/ > > it's wonderful! > > No thanks. Since installing my SAN I now have a 10TB mailbox to play with. Andrew Mitchell <amitchell@removecasey.vic.gov.au> wrote in news:Xns95C7E0C461A29casey01@207.46.248.16: > No thanks. > Since installing my SAN I now have a 10TB mailbox to play with. Nice X-face! -- Arlo Clizer Exchange MVP FAQ...

Cached Plan DMV Questions
http://blogs.msdn.com/sqlprogrammability/archive/2007/01/23/4-0-useful-queries-on-dmv-s-to-understand-plan-cache-behavior.aspx I found these set of queries excellent for digging into some plan cache issues I'm having, but I have a few questions. 1) I don't quite understand the widely varied sizes I get for the same plan using: - sys.dm_exec_cached_plans.size_in_bytes - sys.dm_os_memory_cache_entries.pages_allocated_count * 8192 - sys.dm_os_memory_objects.pages_allocated_count * sys.dm_os_memory_objects.page_size_in_bytes I can add up the values for PLANSKELETON,...

checkbox question
i have a template in excel with a checkbox. im importing from another file, either a true or false, or 0 or 1. how do i get excel to make a check or not based upon the values from the other file Maybe you could use a helper column of cells with formulas: =IF(A1=TRUE,CHAR(252),"") or =IF(A1=1,CHAR(252),"") And format that column with a font of wingdings (it'll look like a checkmark). oTTO wrote: > > i have a template in excel with a checkbox. im importing from another > file, either a true or false, or 0 or 1. how do i get excel to make a > check or no...

Mailbox Access
I use Veritas Backup Exec to performa backups of our information stores and user mailboxes. During the course of the backups I get warnings from some mailboxes about e-mails that are corrupt. My question is, how do I get to the e-mail/mailbox level to find out what is wrong with the particular message and if need be, eliminate them? Thanks you. http://mail.tekscan.com/nomailboxes.htm Bill Van Loon wrote: > I use Veritas Backup Exec to performa backups of our information stores and > user mailboxes. During the course of the backups I get warnings from some > mailboxes about e-...

Forwarding question
Hi there, This is a simple question. Our mail server is Exchange 2003 enterpirse on Windows 2003 enterprise. Some users wanna forward their emails out to other email addresses. If a user set up a rule on client, sender of forwarded email will be the mailbox on Exchange so it's hard to reply. I'd like to set up a rule on server-side. If I use "Forward to:" of "Delivery Options" on "Exchange General" of user Properties, it seems I have to set up a contact for the user and then add it in "Forward to:", I think it's really awkward. My que...

Urgent questions about Exchange 2003
Hello: 1) How can I get the version of MS Exchange which is installed in my computer? (By a command or C++ code). 2) How could I automatically create a new public folder in MS Exchange 2003? Thanks a lot. Manuel. Code/dev-related issues will get a better response if posted to microsoft.public.exchange.development. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT -------------------------------- "Manu" <Manu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F5295DFE-5931-4C29-BF23-70585847268A@microsoft.com... > Hello: > > 1) How can I get the version of MS Exchange which is install...

cannot delete mailbox in 5.5
when i try to delete a mailbox i get the following error: "failure to delete mailbox" event id is 1203. it suggests to stop and re-start the services, but that does not correct the issue. any suggestion on how to remove the mailbox that is not needed? thx.. Any help from http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;178757 tim wrote: > when i try to delete a mailbox i get the following error: "failure to delete > mailbox" event id is 1203. it suggests to stop and re-start the services, but > that does not correct the issue. any suggestion on how ...

Granting Admins full rights to all Mailboxes
Hi In our company we wish for the Exchange Admins to be able to open any users mailbox. Since our upgrade to exchange 2003 we have lost that abillity. I have followed the steps in in q821897 to restore this functionallity. The steps did not work, members of Domain Admins still do not have the abillity to open users mailboxes. If anyone has any ideas I would love to hear them Thank mar ...

Web interface and logging questions
I am using Exchange 2003. I have 2 questions: 1. Is there a web interface for the administrator to add more aliases when he is not physically near the server and can not use the Active Directory Users and Computers? 2. Is there a way log to file also the "From", "To" and "Subject" for each incoming message to the server ? Thanks for your time ra294@hotmail.com For 1, http://www.imanami.com For 2, http://www.promodag.com or http://www.netiq.com -- regards, Michael Abbaticchio MVP for Exchange Server http://mvps.org/exchange "Ya Ya" <ra294@h...

Checking mailbox usage
Hi, I'm using EX 2003 at the moment, and am pretty new to this, so this is probably really dumb question but... How can I find out the size of users' mailboxes from the server? I've looked everywhere, but can't seem to find it. We are running out of room on our mail server, and I want to find out who the biggest culprits are... Hope somebody can get back to me asap :) TIA Exchange System Manager | Administrative Groups | yourAdmin Group name | Servers | Your Server | your Storage Group Name | Mailbox Store | Mailboxes. Next to each mailbox in that store you'll see ...

Excel 2007 question #3
I have been using Excel for a specific purpose since about 1990 and every version since. It is a spreadsheet with many embedded formulas which, fortunately, have worked in all versions of Excel. I am absolutely puzzled by the default behavior of Excel 2007 with regard to text entry. When entering data into a cell the typing appears in the formula bar and the cursor appears in the cell but no text. There is no cursor in the formula bar while typing. I have to deliberately place the cursor in the formula bar with the mouse to correct a typing error. If entering a text item that has prev...

Unable to access mailbox
Hi, I have suddenly encountered a problem with one of ourmailboxes (Exchange 2003 SP1), this is a monitored account where it is linked to a number of other mailboxes, but since last night, no one has any access to it. I can add the mailbox to my outlook profile, but when trying to open up the mailbox, I receive the error "Unable to expand the folder, the set of folders could not be opened. The informations tore could not be opened." I have tried with using the exchange primary service account (which had full acccess) as welll as seting a primary account for the account an...

Delegate Permissions #2
We have a 2000 domain (sp4) and exchange 2003 sp1. Remote administrators in our schools are delegated permissions to fully manage their users. Previously, when we were running Exchange 2000, everything worked fine. They could add/delete users, mailboxes, smtp addresses, etc. After our upgrade, they are getting an error ONLY when they try to add an smtp address to a user ... Access is denied. Facility: Win 32 Id no:c0070005 Microsoft Active Directory - Exchange Extension We have read and followed http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=316792 and we removed and redelgated perm...