A couple of days ago I noticed that I created a user account but the 'Email
Addresses' tab of the user properies did not list any email addresses.
Subsequent new user accounts have all experienced the same. I researched the
knowledge and tried the recommended solutions to either manaully start the
recipient update service or rebuild te recipient update service. Neither
recommendation has resulted in a mailbox being created for this particular
user or any additional user that I have created since this error first showed
up.

I performed a Windows update last Thursday and so I believe that the update
may be related to the problem, though I'm not sure.

I had this problem before. When you open AD Users and Computers on the
Exchange Server look and see what Domain Controller it is connected to.
Connect AD Users and Computers on the Exchange Server to the domain
controller that handles all 5 of the FSMO roles for the domain. Once you do
that create a user and see if a mailbox appears. Remember, it may take a
while for the mailbox to show up. Give it a try.

"JBeckett [MCSA]" <JBeckettMCSA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>A couple of days ago I noticed that I created a user account but the 'Email
> Addresses' tab of the user properies did not list any email addresses.
> Subsequent new user accounts have all experienced the same. I researched
> the
> knowledge and tried the recommended solutions to either manaully start the
> recipient update service or rebuild te recipient update service. Neither
> recommendation has resulted in a mailbox being created for this particular
> user or any additional user that I have created since this error first
> showed
> up.
>
> I performed a Windows update last Thursday and so I believe that the
> update
> may be related to the problem, though I'm not sure.

this is actually 2 possible problems

1. creation of the mailbox
2. Email addresses being created

these are somewhat 2 different processes. If recipient update services is
not pointed to the right exchange server. ie we recently had an issue
exactly the same problem. and found that for some reason the recipient
update service did not have an exchange server listed. once added then
addresses were created.

Once addresses were created we sent mail to the user that was missing the
box and it all started working. I have seen wierd situations that the
mailbox is not created until someone logs into it with outlook or a piece of
mail is sent to the account.
"Corbin O'Reilly" <corbinoreilly@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
>I had this problem before. When you open AD Users and Computers on the
> Exchange Server look and see what Domain Controller it is connected to.
> Connect AD Users and Computers on the Exchange Server to the domain
> controller that handles all 5 of the FSMO roles for the domain. Once you
> do
> that create a user and see if a mailbox appears. Remember, it may take a
> while for the mailbox to show up. Give it a try.
>
> "JBeckett [MCSA]" <JBeckettMCSA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:8710C663-66F9-489E-BBB7-6FF20802DEF5@microsoft.com...
>>A couple of days ago I noticed that I created a user account but the
>>'Email
>> Addresses' tab of the user properies did not list any email addresses.
>> Subsequent new user accounts have all experienced the same. I researched
>> the
>> knowledge and tried the recommended solutions to either manaully start
>> the
>> recipient update service or rebuild te recipient update service. Neither
>> recommendation has resulted in a mailbox being created for this
>> particular
>> user or any additional user that I have created since this error first
>> showed
>> up.
>>
>> I performed a Windows update last Thursday and so I believe that the
>> update
>> may be related to the problem, though I'm not sure.

0
mitch3952 (134)
10/7/2006 1:05:44 AM
> I have seen wierd situations that the mailbox is not created until someone
> logs into it with outlook or a piece of mail is sent to the account.

That's not so weird--that's by design.  The mailbox doesn't get created in
the store until it receives mail or a user logs on.
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

"mitch Roberson" <mitch@newsgroups.stuff> wrote in message
> this is actually 2 possible problems
>
> 1. creation of the mailbox
> 2. Email addresses being created
>
> these are somewhat 2 different processes. If recipient update services is
> not pointed to the right exchange server. ie we recently had an issue
> exactly the same problem. and found that for some reason the recipient
> update service did not have an exchange server listed. once added then
> addresses were created.
>
> Once addresses were created we sent mail to the user that was missing the
> box and it all started working. I have seen wierd situations that the
> mailbox is not created until someone logs into it with outlook or a piece
> of mail is sent to the account.
> "Corbin O'Reilly" <corbinoreilly@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
>>I had this problem before. When you open AD Users and Computers on the
>> Exchange Server look and see what Domain Controller it is connected to.
>> Connect AD Users and Computers on the Exchange Server to the domain
>> controller that handles all 5 of the FSMO roles for the domain. Once you
>> do
>> that create a user and see if a mailbox appears. Remember, it may take a
>> while for the mailbox to show up. Give it a try.
>>
>> "JBeckett [MCSA]" <JBeckettMCSA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message news:8710C663-66F9-489E-BBB7-6FF20802DEF5@microsoft.com...
>>>A couple of days ago I noticed that I created a user account but the
>>>'Email
>>> Addresses' tab of the user properies did not list any email addresses.
>>> Subsequent new user accounts have all experienced the same. I researched
>>> the
>>> knowledge and tried the recommended solutions to either manaully start
>>> the
>>> recipient update service or rebuild te recipient update service. Neither
>>> recommendation has resulted in a mailbox being created for this
>>> particular
>>> user or any additional user that I have created since this error first
>>> showed
>>> up.
>>>
>>> I performed a Windows update last Thursday and so I believe that the
>>> update
>>> may be related to the problem, though I'm not sure.

0
curspice6401 (3487)
10/7/2006 1:12:57 AM
Thanks Ed I have seen that many times but never really new it was by design.
I have had multiple discussions where people are just sure mailboxes are
created when they add them to AD.

But I have never taken the time to prove my theory or research it.

so thanks for the clarification.
"Ed Crowley [MVP]" <curspice@mvpsnospam.org> wrote in message
>> I have seen wierd situations that the mailbox is not created until
>> someone logs into it with outlook or a piece of mail is sent to the
>> account.
>

> That's not so weird--that's by design.  The mailbox doesn't get created in
> the store until it receives mail or a user logs on.
> --
> Ed Crowley
> MVP - Exchange
>
> "mitch Roberson" <mitch@newsgroups.stuff> wrote in message
>> this is actually 2 possible problems
>>
>> 1. creation of the mailbox
>> 2. Email addresses being created
>>
>> these are somewhat 2 different processes. If recipient update services is
>> not pointed to the right exchange server. ie we recently had an issue
>> exactly the same problem. and found that for some reason the recipient
>> update service did not have an exchange server listed. once added then
>> addresses were created.
>>
>> Once addresses were created we sent mail to the user that was missing the
>> box and it all started working. I have seen wierd situations that the
>> mailbox is not created until someone logs into it with outlook or a piece
>> of mail is sent to the account.
>> "Corbin O'Reilly" <corbinoreilly@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
>>>I had this problem before. When you open AD Users and Computers on the
>>> Exchange Server look and see what Domain Controller it is connected to.
>>> Connect AD Users and Computers on the Exchange Server to the domain
>>> controller that handles all 5 of the FSMO roles for the domain. Once you
>>> do
>>> that create a user and see if a mailbox appears. Remember, it may take a
>>> while for the mailbox to show up. Give it a try.
>>>
>>> "JBeckett [MCSA]" <JBeckettMCSA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>>> message news:8710C663-66F9-489E-BBB7-6FF20802DEF5@microsoft.com...

0
mitch3952 (134)
10/7/2006 1:22:52 AM
In fact, that's been the way it's worked since Exchange 4.0.
--

> Thanks Ed I have seen that many times but never really new it was by
> design. I have had multiple discussions where people are just sure
> mailboxes are created when they add them to AD.
>
> But I have never taken the time to prove my theory or research it.
>
> so thanks for the clarification.
> "Ed Crowley [MVP]" <curspice@mvpsnospam.org> wrote in message
>>> I have seen wierd situations that the mailbox is not created until
>>> someone logs into it with outlook or a piece of mail is sent to the
>>> account.
>>

>> That's not so weird--that's by design.  The mailbox doesn't get created
>> in the store until it receives mail or a user logs on.
>> --
>> Ed Crowley
>> MVP - Exchange
>>
>> "mitch Roberson" <mitch@newsgroups.stuff> wrote in message
>>> this is actually 2 possible problems
>>>
>>> 1. creation of the mailbox
>>> 2. Email addresses being created
>>>
>>> these are somewhat 2 different processes. If recipient update services
>>> is not pointed to the right exchange server. ie we recently had an issue
>>> exactly the same problem. and found that for some reason the recipient
>>> update service did not have an exchange server listed. once added then
>>> addresses were created.
>>>
>>> Once addresses were created we sent mail to the user that was missing
>>> the box and it all started working. I have seen wierd situations that
>>> the mailbox is not created until someone logs into it with outlook or a
>>> piece of mail is sent to the account.
>>> "Corbin O'Reilly" <corbinoreilly@bellsouth.net> wrote in message

0
curspice6401 (3487)

How to create a similar resume in MS Excel ???
Hello All, I came across this interesting resume which has been prepared as a graph and charts sheet / dashboard. Although some may question its relevance / consistency in color usage / display of information , it is doing what it means to do... It captures attention and would surely give the candidate a boost. http://theportfolio.ofmichaelanderson.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/resume-infographic.jpg I was wondering how this can be created using MS Excel... can someone help me on this ??? Regards, Anand Kumar On Wed, 14 Jul 2010 22:13:21 -0700 (PDT), anandydr <anandydr@gmail.com> w...

How to handle value-added services by third party vendors?
We're stumped on how to handle the following (i.e., issuing POs and accounting for the costs properly): 1. We normally stock & sell ItemA as individual units. 2. It was decided to bundle 3 ItemA's into one package & sell as ItemA-3. 3. We are going to purchase the ItemA's from VendorA, but have them drop shipped to VendorB to shrink wrap them in bundles of 3 for us. VendorB will then ship the shrink-wrapped bundles to our warehouse. We've come up with a plan for dealing with this, but it's very cumbersome. In a perfect GP world, how would one deal with this? T...

Problem Synchronising with Hotmail Account
This is the error message that I had been receiving:- Task 'Hotmail: Folder:Inbox Synchronizing headers.' reported error (0x800CCCF4) : 'An unknown error has occurred. Please save any existing work and restart the program.' It was a random problem initially, but now I can't seems to sync at all. Please help. ...

Help: Formula put into entire row creates large file size
Hi, I have a spreadsheet where I would like one column to be the concatenation of two other columns. For example, in column C I would have =A1&B1. This excel file will be given to people and they will fill in values into columns A and B. The trick is, I don't know how many rows there will be, so I don't know how many rows in column C should have this formula. If I paste this formula into the entire column C, the excel file blows up to 3 megabytes. (It's only 15KB without this column). Are there ways for me to accomplish this more efficiently? Thanks for any help Are y...

Can i apply 2 mailbox manager policies to the same mailstore ?
I have been reading up alot on this issue, and the only information i have been able to find is that you cant run more then 1 exchange recipient policy against the same user. My issue - I want to have a seperate mailbox manager policy run against each of my 4 mailstores to do a cleanup of inbox and sent / draft items. this policy moves the mail items into the deleted items folder for each mailstore. On top of this policy i want to have a policy that will delete all mail items older then 60 or 90 days depending on the mailstore from the deleted items, and delete them permanently. How ca...

exchange 5.5 owa cann't logon in mailbox
when I use owa to logon,the www publish service and IIS admin service will stop response.I have to restart the IIS.But after restart , the first time I can logon in mailbox,and then fail again.My user use ms outlook 2003,the mail server is exchange 5.5.I have installed KB818709,but it doesn't work, most of the time,I can only open the logon.asp page,can't logon to mailbox.Please help me. error message: Active Server Pages error 'ASP 0115' Unexpected error /iisHelp/common/500-100.asp A trappable error (C0000005) occurred in an external object. The script cannot con...

changing Exchange primary windows account
How To change primary Windows Account in exchange 5.5 mailbox, I have 3000 mailboxes in exchange 5.5 server. I want to change the primary windows account of all the users. can anybody suggest the faster way to do it.does anybody hv any tool. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;155414 Sri wrote: > How To change primary Windows Account in exchange 5.5 > mailbox, I have 3000 mailboxes in exchange 5.5 server. > I want to change the primary windows account of all the > users. > can anybody suggest the faster way to do it.does anybody > hv any tool. ...

Adding Non-Contiguous Ranges
Hi, I am having trouble trying to work out how to sum some non-contiguous ranges in Excel 2000. The data is on sheet 1. It is budget data for a number of employees. There are 12 cells (one for each month), for four different categories, for each employee. Eg, the category 1 (billing) data for employee 1 would have a range something like: d6;d22;d46;h6;622;h46;l6;l22;l46;p6;p22;p46 category 2 is one column over and would be... e6;e22;e46;i6;i22 etc. and so on for each category for each of 14 or so employees. To make this more difficult, because employees are constantly changing, there...

Adding old clipart from previous Publishers to Publisher 2003
Hi I installed a new Publisher - 2003 - on my computer. I had kept all my old disks from Office 2000 with all the old clipart. However, the new Publisher doesn't seem to have as nice a clipart gallery as my old version had, and I had wanted to add all my clips to the newer version. Is this possible in a way that Publisher will *automatically* setup all the old clips so that I can easily search for the exact picture I am looking for, instead of having to go through each clip manually by the very boring names such as clip1, clip2, clip3 etc. (or however the clipart is installed)? I want...

ad user to Local group
Hello, I was told that I need to add the user to the DHCP Administrators local group if I do not want the same user to have control over the other DHCP servers I have, How can I accomplish this ? Thank you -- aconti ------------------------------------------------------------------------ aconti's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/73272.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/active-directory/1310820.htm http://forums.techarena.in ...

create address list
I want to create an address list that I can print, add too and edit. I also want to be able to pick multiple addresses’s and print labels. Contacts in Outlook supports that. claudia wrote: > I want to create an address list that I can print, add too and edit. I= also=20 > want to be able to pick multiple addresses=E2=80=99s and print labels. = =20 I tried outlook and this doesn’t meet my needs. The address and phone list is for my personal use. I previously used Works Word and created a list I printed to look up my family and friends phone numbers and addresse...

Mailboxes in Exchange 2003 Enterprise Server
I have implemented a policy to limit the mailbox size to 30000 K and implemented a 21 day Age Limit. However, 21 days has passed and the 30000 K limit has passed on more than 50% of our mailboxes. How can we enforce this policy to work properly and clean out the mailboxes to bring this down to 30 K. The policy I have created is running and reporting is enabled.It is configured for report only, but I would like this to change to "Move to deleted items folder". However, since nothing seems to happen as of yet...I am hesitant to make the change until I can see a change and tha...

PST not created in Outlook 2003 after importprf
Hi all, I would like to create a Exchange Server Outlook profile with a Unicode or ANSI PST file. When I launch outlook 2003 with the -importprf option, the creation of the profile work fine (exchange server settings) but none PST is add (if the file exist) or create and add (if the file not exist). When I try my outlook.prf file with the -importprf option on an outlook 2007, all work fine, in the same environment (domain, policy settings, etc...) I use the Outlook ADM file to force the cached offline mode as default. I try to use the settings "Exchange Unicode Mode - Ignore Arc...

cant send emails to gmail accounts
if i send an email to someone with a gmail address they never receive it. it goes to my sent items and it says sent in the properties but they never receive it? any help greatly appreciated "maryandliam" <maryandliam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E11EF0A0-CDE5-46F4-A0FD-979144D1590D@microsoft.com... > if i send an email to someone with a gmail address they never receive it. > it > goes to my sent items and it says sent in the properties but they never > receive it? any help greatly appreciated If Outlook moves the message to S...

Income from Tax deferred Retirement account (Canadian RIFF)
I am using MONEY06. I have set up a Retirment account using IRA (actually for a canadian Retirement income fund-RIFF). And within the account I have purchased a CD with annual interest payment. The IRA Retirement account correctly categorizes the interst income as "TAX-DEFERRED INCOME". Question: When I start to withdraw from the retirement account, any amount withdrawn will be deemed to be taxable pension income. What do I need to do in registering such withdrawals so that I can see them as an income in an income report. I tried redeeming a portion of the CD, and trans...

Creating and manging Address Lists
Hi ! My platform is as follows: Windows 2003 Server SP1 Exchange Server 2003 SP2 Outlook 2003 clients My domain is (for example) @mycompany.com. I have 100 users set up in ADUC with their mailbox. I want to create some sort of Distribution lists each with some specific users (let's say 3 differents lists with different users). I want to be able to send mails to these list just by sending an e-mail to mylist1@mycompany.com, and everyone belonging to the list will get a copy of the mail. The Filter trick in the creating process the list is not very convenient (my users are all the same ...

Urgent: Creating a gaprh from two existing polynomial garphs
Hi All, Please some one let me know the procedure how to draw a graph from two existing graphs(which are polynomials). Please provide me a URL which explains the process in detail, if possible. This is really urgent for me, Thanks in adance You have two charts, each with a series and a polynomial trendline? Copy one chart, select the other, and from the Edit menu, use Paste Special and select the All option. This adds the series from the copied chart to the other chart, plus any trendline and non-default formatting. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom ...

New shared mailbox not inheriting permissions from the parent store in Exchange System Manager
We run Exchange 2003 on a Windows 2003 cluster, which we migrated a couple of months ago from Exchange and Windows 2000. One of our helpdesk guys has just created a shared mailbox, and has noticed that it is not inheriting any of the security permissions that are applied to its parent mail store, and which are common to all the existing mailboxes within that store. I checked on the AD objects security properties, and it is set to inherit rights from its parent, so I don't know why this could be. In fact it is not inheriting any permissions at all - either from its AD parent or from its par...

REPOST Re: Trying to get mailbox lock from process
Has anyone made any headway on this issue? I am currently trying to determine if any informative messages are logged on the server side. --=C ####################### Hi Brent, Is it possible the mailbox is being accessed by another client at the same time? -Michael On 10/21/04 12:38 PM, in article BD9D5E5D.473D%brent@hazmatexplo.org, "Brent DeCracker" <brent@hazmatexplo.org> wrote: >> Michael, >> >> Just to throw my two cents in - I'm having the same problem, and it didn't >> occur until I upgraded to 11.1. I've been using th...

How do I create an email template?
Running Office 2007 Professional. I think that's what you would call it. I am looking for work and have a Word file that I use as a cover letter. Right now I have to open Word and copy and paste into the email. So what I would like is to open in Outlook an email to send that already has that Word doc in it and then I would just do a little editing and send it off. It would be really cool if I could create an icon for it and put it in the toolbar. I hope I have been clear with my needs and thanks for your time if you have a solution. They tell you how here: http://office.m...

Delete Administrators Mailbox
I have an administrators mailbox of 4.7GB - what repprcussions are there if I delete this ? would the option be to re-home the e-mail account first ?,then delete the msilbox -- William W Davidson Network Engineer On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 08:53:02 -0800, "William Davidson" <WilliamDavidson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have an administrators mailbox of 4.7GB - what repprcussions are there if I >delete this ? > >would the option be to re-home the e-mail account first ?,then delete the >msilbox You want to find out what's in it first and then prevent i...

Adding Outlook Address Book for Outlook '97
I'm running Outlook '97 and Windows '98. I had to reformat the hard drive so I had to reinstall Windows Messaging from the Old '95 folder of the Windows '98 disk. Question1: Why are there two versions of Messaging? one folder labelled "intl" and one labelled "us". Which one should I have used? I can't remember which one I used but now i don't have the option to add service "outlook address book", nor can I make contacts an email address book. Preformatting the hard drive I could and it was very useful. What can I do? Which version of ...

odd files created
Every time I open and edit an excel spreadsheet on a network share, small odd files get created. They are usually no larger than 25-40k and don't have any extensions to them. Looking at the properties page for any file, the file description says File. Anyone know what this is from or how to get rid of them? Permissions are setup correctly for me, Word files don't have this behavior. Excel 2000 SP3 Thanks, Hi Brian, A file the same size as the workbook would be created in the same directory as the workbook. The filename would be nonsensical (or appear to be random) character...

Where are email account settings stored?
I am using MSOutlook 2002 with a local *.pst file for email storage. Does anyone know where are EMAIL ACCOUNT settings are stored? It's in the registry. Windows NT-based operating system: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles\profilename\ Windows 9x-based operating system: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles\profilename\ -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post yo...