A couple of days ago I noticed that I created a user account but the 'Email
Addresses' tab of the user properies did not list any email addresses.
Subsequent new user accounts have all experienced the same. I researched the
knowledge and tried the recommended solutions to either manaully start the
recipient update service or rebuild te recipient update service. Neither
recommendation has resulted in a mailbox being created for this particular
user or any additional user that I have created since this error first showed
up.

I performed a Windows update last Thursday and so I believe that the update
may be related to the problem, though I'm not sure.

I had this problem before. When you open AD Users and Computers on the
Exchange Server look and see what Domain Controller it is connected to.
Connect AD Users and Computers on the Exchange Server to the domain
controller that handles all 5 of the FSMO roles for the domain. Once you do
that create a user and see if a mailbox appears. Remember, it may take a
while for the mailbox to show up. Give it a try.

"JBeckett [MCSA]" <JBeckettMCSA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>A couple of days ago I noticed that I created a user account but the 'Email
> Addresses' tab of the user properies did not list any email addresses.
> Subsequent new user accounts have all experienced the same. I researched
> the
> knowledge and tried the recommended solutions to either manaully start the
> recipient update service or rebuild te recipient update service. Neither
> recommendation has resulted in a mailbox being created for this particular
> user or any additional user that I have created since this error first
> showed
> up.
>
> I performed a Windows update last Thursday and so I believe that the
> update
> may be related to the problem, though I'm not sure.

this is actually 2 possible problems

1. creation of the mailbox
2. Email addresses being created

these are somewhat 2 different processes. If recipient update services is
not pointed to the right exchange server. ie we recently had an issue
exactly the same problem. and found that for some reason the recipient
update service did not have an exchange server listed. once added then
addresses were created.

Once addresses were created we sent mail to the user that was missing the
box and it all started working. I have seen wierd situations that the
mailbox is not created until someone logs into it with outlook or a piece of
mail is sent to the account.
"Corbin O'Reilly" <corbinoreilly@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
>I had this problem before. When you open AD Users and Computers on the
> Exchange Server look and see what Domain Controller it is connected to.
> Connect AD Users and Computers on the Exchange Server to the domain
> controller that handles all 5 of the FSMO roles for the domain. Once you
> do
> that create a user and see if a mailbox appears. Remember, it may take a
> while for the mailbox to show up. Give it a try.
>
> "JBeckett [MCSA]" <JBeckettMCSA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:8710C663-66F9-489E-BBB7-6FF20802DEF5@microsoft.com...
>>A couple of days ago I noticed that I created a user account but the
>>'Email
>> Addresses' tab of the user properies did not list any email addresses.
>> Subsequent new user accounts have all experienced the same. I researched
>> the
>> knowledge and tried the recommended solutions to either manaully start
>> the
>> recipient update service or rebuild te recipient update service. Neither
>> recommendation has resulted in a mailbox being created for this
>> particular
>> user or any additional user that I have created since this error first
>> showed
>> up.
>>
>> I performed a Windows update last Thursday and so I believe that the
>> update
>> may be related to the problem, though I'm not sure.

0
mitch3952 (134)
10/7/2006 1:05:44 AM
> I have seen wierd situations that the mailbox is not created until someone
> logs into it with outlook or a piece of mail is sent to the account.

That's not so weird--that's by design.  The mailbox doesn't get created in
the store until it receives mail or a user logs on.
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

"mitch Roberson" <mitch@newsgroups.stuff> wrote in message
> this is actually 2 possible problems
>
> 1. creation of the mailbox
> 2. Email addresses being created
>
> these are somewhat 2 different processes. If recipient update services is
> not pointed to the right exchange server. ie we recently had an issue
> exactly the same problem. and found that for some reason the recipient
> update service did not have an exchange server listed. once added then
> addresses were created.
>
> Once addresses were created we sent mail to the user that was missing the
> box and it all started working. I have seen wierd situations that the
> mailbox is not created until someone logs into it with outlook or a piece
> of mail is sent to the account.
> "Corbin O'Reilly" <corbinoreilly@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
>>I had this problem before. When you open AD Users and Computers on the
>> Exchange Server look and see what Domain Controller it is connected to.
>> Connect AD Users and Computers on the Exchange Server to the domain
>> controller that handles all 5 of the FSMO roles for the domain. Once you
>> do
>> that create a user and see if a mailbox appears. Remember, it may take a
>> while for the mailbox to show up. Give it a try.
>>
>> "JBeckett [MCSA]" <JBeckettMCSA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message news:8710C663-66F9-489E-BBB7-6FF20802DEF5@microsoft.com...
>>>A couple of days ago I noticed that I created a user account but the
>>>'Email
>>> Addresses' tab of the user properies did not list any email addresses.
>>> Subsequent new user accounts have all experienced the same. I researched
>>> the
>>> knowledge and tried the recommended solutions to either manaully start
>>> the
>>> recipient update service or rebuild te recipient update service. Neither
>>> recommendation has resulted in a mailbox being created for this
>>> particular
>>> user or any additional user that I have created since this error first
>>> showed
>>> up.
>>>
>>> I performed a Windows update last Thursday and so I believe that the
>>> update
>>> may be related to the problem, though I'm not sure.

0
curspice6401 (3487)
10/7/2006 1:12:57 AM
Thanks Ed I have seen that many times but never really new it was by design.
I have had multiple discussions where people are just sure mailboxes are
created when they add them to AD.

But I have never taken the time to prove my theory or research it.

so thanks for the clarification.
"Ed Crowley [MVP]" <curspice@mvpsnospam.org> wrote in message
>> I have seen wierd situations that the mailbox is not created until
>> someone logs into it with outlook or a piece of mail is sent to the
>> account.
>

> That's not so weird--that's by design.  The mailbox doesn't get created in
> the store until it receives mail or a user logs on.
> --
> Ed Crowley
> MVP - Exchange
>
> "mitch Roberson" <mitch@newsgroups.stuff> wrote in message
>> this is actually 2 possible problems
>>
>> 1. creation of the mailbox
>> 2. Email addresses being created
>>
>> these are somewhat 2 different processes. If recipient update services is
>> not pointed to the right exchange server. ie we recently had an issue
>> exactly the same problem. and found that for some reason the recipient
>> update service did not have an exchange server listed. once added then
>> addresses were created.
>>
>> Once addresses were created we sent mail to the user that was missing the
>> box and it all started working. I have seen wierd situations that the
>> mailbox is not created until someone logs into it with outlook or a piece
>> of mail is sent to the account.
>> "Corbin O'Reilly" <corbinoreilly@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
>>>I had this problem before. When you open AD Users and Computers on the
>>> Exchange Server look and see what Domain Controller it is connected to.
>>> Connect AD Users and Computers on the Exchange Server to the domain
>>> controller that handles all 5 of the FSMO roles for the domain. Once you
>>> do
>>> that create a user and see if a mailbox appears. Remember, it may take a
>>> while for the mailbox to show up. Give it a try.
>>>
>>> "JBeckett [MCSA]" <JBeckettMCSA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>>> message news:8710C663-66F9-489E-BBB7-6FF20802DEF5@microsoft.com...

0
mitch3952 (134)
10/7/2006 1:22:52 AM
In fact, that's been the way it's worked since Exchange 4.0.
--

> Thanks Ed I have seen that many times but never really new it was by
> design. I have had multiple discussions where people are just sure
> mailboxes are created when they add them to AD.
>
> But I have never taken the time to prove my theory or research it.
>
> so thanks for the clarification.
> "Ed Crowley [MVP]" <curspice@mvpsnospam.org> wrote in message
>>> I have seen wierd situations that the mailbox is not created until
>>> someone logs into it with outlook or a piece of mail is sent to the
>>> account.
>>

>> That's not so weird--that's by design.  The mailbox doesn't get created
>> in the store until it receives mail or a user logs on.
>> --
>> Ed Crowley
>> MVP - Exchange
>>
>> "mitch Roberson" <mitch@newsgroups.stuff> wrote in message
>>> this is actually 2 possible problems
>>>
>>> 1. creation of the mailbox
>>> 2. Email addresses being created
>>>
>>> these are somewhat 2 different processes. If recipient update services
>>> is not pointed to the right exchange server. ie we recently had an issue
>>> exactly the same problem. and found that for some reason the recipient
>>> update service did not have an exchange server listed. once added then
>>> addresses were created.
>>>
>>> Once addresses were created we sent mail to the user that was missing
>>> the box and it all started working. I have seen wierd situations that
>>> the mailbox is not created until someone logs into it with outlook or a
>>> piece of mail is sent to the account.
>>> "Corbin O'Reilly" <corbinoreilly@bellsouth.net> wrote in message

0
curspice6401 (3487)

WLM creates multiple copies of itself in the processes
..0.8089I have WLM version 2009 (build 14.0.8089.0726) and when I load up WLM it will create a copy of itself in the processes. However, when I close WLM the version in the processes wil not close. So if I open WLM 5 times, then I will wind up with 5 copies of WLM in my processes. Can anyone help? "TADDY" <TADDY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2479CC8B-485E-4016-B364-DF9D250BDCED@microsoft.com... > .0.8089I have WLM version 2009 (build 14.0.8089.0726) and when I load up > WLM it will create a copy of itself in the processes. However, when I...

Creating a Mailbox
Hi all, Is it possible to create a mailbox within the Exchange System Manager, eg, info@companyname.com without having to create a user. Im currently using exchange 2003 TIA, James Not really. What is the problem? JD wrote: > Hi all, > > Is it possible to create a mailbox within the Exchange System Manager, eg, > info@companyname.com without having to create a user. > > Im currently using exchange 2003 > > TIA, > > James You cannot create a mailbox in Exchange 2003 without creating a user account associated with it. However, if you just want an SMTP ad...

Excel OCX/ActiveX Visual Controls for creating a Excel Dashboard/Scorecard
Hello All I want to create a Excel dashboard and I would like to use some ActiveX/OCX controls like a gauge, dial, slider and stereo bars,etc to display data visually in Excel. Can you please share if you know of some sites where we can get a free download of these controls or we can get a trial version we can evaluate and buy them. Also, if possible your experiences with these kind of visual ActiveX/OCX controls. Thanks Belinda Belinda Funnily enough I've been playing around with some ActiveX controls today which sound like the sort you're after. I've got Ahead Nero Burning...

User explicitly denied "Full Mailbox Access"
I have an administrator account "Mark" that is explicitly denied the Full Mailbox Access permission in "Mailbox Rights". I am able to grant other adminstrators access to the same mailbox, even domain users. It seem the user is inheriting the single Deny permission, but I can't see where from. The user who's mailbox I am trying to grant access to is the domain\users OU. Mark is automatically denied full mailbox access to all users, even if I turn off inheritance in the security tab. Help? Thanks everyone in advance. Is his account listed in the exchange deleg...

mailbox limitations
Can anyone point me to any info on the size limitations for mailboxes & PST files..? I believe that beyond 2 GB MS says you're in a danger zone. I need further info to support our e-mail deletion policy PSTs have a limit of 2GB (corruption may happen even after 1GB). Mailboxes, on the other hand can be in the GB (but I wouldn't recommend it from an administrative standpoint). -- Nick Cavalancia MCSE/MCT/MCNE/MCNI nickc@remove-comsphere.com Comsphere - "Where Knowledge Transfer is Key" Web: http://www.comsphere.com Ph: 954.275.0114 Fax: 954.791.6763 "Mikeg"...

mailbox split during mailbox move :(
If the mailbox move process dies in the middle of the mailbox and there is half of the mailbox on the new server and the other half on the old server. Is it possible to connect those two again? I had one of my mailboxes do this to me on my test domain and I ended up deleting (Purging) it since it wouldn't let me do anything with the part that was left on the source server. I am just wandering what if it would happen on my live server... do I have to bring the mailbox from .PST file or there is another way? Thank you in advance. On Wed, 31 May 2006 09:49:02 -0700, Volodymyr <vg@a...

Is there a fle associated with additional mailboxes?
Is there a fle associated with additional mailboxes? Is there a file that keeps track of additional mailboxes that I have access to and are displayed in my outlook folder list? I want to know for migration reasons. Once migrated will I have to add the mailboxes again or is there a file that can be copied or even a utility that will make sure I do not lose any. I only have a few, but some of my co-workers are connected to as many as 15-20 I believe. Thanks for any help They are part of the profile and stored in the registry. See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/mru.htm - I don't rec...

I need to create a two part formula
The formula below will return a GPA for our salespeople =IF(H7>0.9,4,IF(H7>=0.8,3,IF(H7>=0.7,2,IF(H7>=0.6,1,0)))), but I need to add one more criteria and that if another cell (C4) = 0 then the results of this formula need to be 0 as well. I hope this makes sense, can someone please help me. Thanks! Something like: =IF(C4=0,0,H7>0.9,4,IF(H7>=0.8,3,IF(H7>=0.7,2,IF(H7>=0.6,1,0))))) Regards, Fred "DMW" <DMW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1F81AAD9-C057-4504-8B01-8C1786BF0DD4@microsoft.com... > The formula below wi...

Read Only access to mailbox?
I know that in Active Directory you can grant someon 'Full mailbox access' to another person's mailbox. Can you give Read Only access to another person's mailbox in AD, or do you have to do that through Outlook permissions with delegates or folder permissions? Thanks. On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 08:00:04 -0700, SilverICE <SilverICE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I know that in Active Directory you can grant someon 'Full mailbox access' to >another person's mailbox. Can you give Read Only access to another person's >mailbox in AD, or do you h...

[OT] 1GB mailbox
i have find this site that offer 1 gb of space!! http://www.walla.com/ it's wonderful! "MMC" <ryuken_26@yahoo.it> said > i have find this site that offer 1 gb of space!! > > http://www.walla.com/ > > it's wonderful! > > No thanks. Since installing my SAN I now have a 10TB mailbox to play with. Andrew Mitchell <amitchell@removecasey.vic.gov.au> wrote in news:Xns95C7E0C461A29casey01@207.46.248.16: > No thanks. > Since installing my SAN I now have a 10TB mailbox to play with. Nice X-face! -- Arlo Clizer Exchange MVP FAQ...

Mailbox Access
I use Veritas Backup Exec to performa backups of our information stores and user mailboxes. During the course of the backups I get warnings from some mailboxes about e-mails that are corrupt. My question is, how do I get to the e-mail/mailbox level to find out what is wrong with the particular message and if need be, eliminate them? Thanks you. http://mail.tekscan.com/nomailboxes.htm Bill Van Loon wrote: > I use Veritas Backup Exec to performa backups of our information stores and > user mailboxes. During the course of the backups I get warnings from some > mailboxes about e-...

cannot delete mailbox in 5.5
when i try to delete a mailbox i get the following error: "failure to delete mailbox" event id is 1203. it suggests to stop and re-start the services, but that does not correct the issue. any suggestion on how to remove the mailbox that is not needed? thx.. Any help from http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;178757 tim wrote: > when i try to delete a mailbox i get the following error: "failure to delete > mailbox" event id is 1203. it suggests to stop and re-start the services, but > that does not correct the issue. any suggestion on how ...

Checking mailbox usage
Hi, I'm using EX 2003 at the moment, and am pretty new to this, so this is probably really dumb question but... How can I find out the size of users' mailboxes from the server? I've looked everywhere, but can't seem to find it. We are running out of room on our mail server, and I want to find out who the biggest culprits are... Hope somebody can get back to me asap :) TIA Exchange System Manager | Administrative Groups | yourAdmin Group name | Servers | Your Server | your Storage Group Name | Mailbox Store | Mailboxes. Next to each mailbox in that store you'll see ...

Cannot change interest rate after account has been created?
I am using 2005 standard, and I noticed that I cannot change the interest rate on a credit or LOC account after the account has been created in Money. Is this the expected behavior? Account Settings cannot do this?!? "Kan Mongwa" <kmongwa@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uDNIG$R9EHA.3624@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... >I am using 2005 standard, and I noticed that I cannot change the interest >rate on a credit or LOC account after the account has been created in >Money. Is this the expected behavior? > I do it all the time in Money 2005. Dick Watson wrote: ...

CRM Accounts (Parent
In CRM it is normal that we can view all accounts at one time and also contacts(parent + child). My question is, how can we manage to hide all child acounts under the parent account for ex. Microsoft main parent account then Microsoft have two child account like Windows and Office and Windos has two more child like Server and Clint and Office have also one child like MSWorld. I want to see only Microsoft at top then when user click the Microsoft and enter it then he will able to see Windows and Office and when enter in Windows then able to see Server and Client. In normal configrati...

Granting Admins full rights to all Mailboxes
Hi In our company we wish for the Exchange Admins to be able to open any users mailbox. Since our upgrade to exchange 2003 we have lost that abillity. I have followed the steps in in q821897 to restore this functionallity. The steps did not work, members of Domain Admins still do not have the abillity to open users mailboxes. If anyone has any ideas I would love to hear them Thank mar ...

Creating a work order in one store and picking it up in another
I'd be curious to know whether, in an HQ environment, it would be possible to start a work order in one store, but have it be picked up/delivered from another location. Has anybody run across this before? Any input would be appreciated. If any resaler would like to give me a lot more info on HQ please contact me at 310.719.1231 I really need to speak to someone who knows all the details of HQ >-----Original Message----- >I'd be curious to know whether, in an HQ environment, it would be possible >to start a work order in one store, but have it be picked up/delivered f...

Unable to access mailbox
Hi, I have suddenly encountered a problem with one of ourmailboxes (Exchange 2003 SP1), this is a monitored account where it is linked to a number of other mailboxes, but since last night, no one has any access to it. I can add the mailbox to my outlook profile, but when trying to open up the mailbox, I receive the error "Unable to expand the folder, the set of folders could not be opened. The informations tore could not be opened." I have tried with using the exchange primary service account (which had full acccess) as welll as seting a primary account for the account an...

Move mailbox increases the size of mailboxes
Hi, Doing a migration of Exchange 2000 to 2003, where mailboxes on an Exchange 2000 server is being moved to a newly installed Exchange 2003 SP2 server. After moving about dozen of users, we seem to notice a 20% increase of the size of the mailbox on Exchange 2003 from what it was on Exchange 2000... Is there any explaination for this ???, maybe single message storage or ??? Thanks !!! Single instance storage will be broken during the move. Nue "thinkpad21" <thinkpad21@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:27C8816D-9CF9-4E2F-96B4-CD172226F3D8@microsoft.com.....

Create an Excel file using a macro
Hi, I have a tempalte file to which some data needs to be entered. The data comes in a big list of about 200 rows, with five columns - so five cells have to be copied from each row into the template and saved seperately. What I would like to do is to create a macro that will copy the cells from each row into the template and save the template with the file name equal to the value of the first two cells. Can any one help? -- Cillian ...

Create a new slide from animation endpoint
I have used motion paths to animate a slide. I'd like my next slide to start from where the motion paths finish, but can't find a way to do this. If I copy the slide I get the start rather than end points. I have tried capture show but that doesn't give me a slide I can edit further. Only option seems to be to manually draw with the final positions which is annoying. Is there a way to create a new slide from the endpoint of a previous animation? Thanks (PP 2003) The Motion Path Tools add-in from http://skp.mvps.org/mptools.htm could help you here. - Chi...

Account Expiration Date
Looking for a feature that will allow me to create Sharepoint users with an expiration date. On (or prior to) expiration date, an alert would automatically be sent to the site owner(s). I also want this feature to provide the option to automatically disable the login on expiration date. Any idea where I can find such feature? Account expiration is set in Active Directory, not SharePoint. AD controls authentication for accounts. -- Daniel A. Galant Imagine what we could be... if we could just imagine. "Lenid2" <Lenid2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in...

Domain Admins + Full Mailbox Rights
Hi, I'm running Exchange 2003 and would like to give Domain Admins Full Mailbox access. I can give Full access rights Domain Admins in ADUC \ Mailbox rights, but then if want to remove the check from Domain Admins Full - Mailbox I can't. The tick shows as grey instead. Any ideas please? I think the users object is inhereting permissions from its parent. Regards, Kashif "PL3" wrote: > Hi, > > I'm running Exchange 2003 and would like to give Domain Admins Full Mailbox > access. I can give Full access rights Domain Admins in ADUC \ Mailbox rights, >...

Duplicate tasks being created
I am using Outlook 2007. I have not used task bar much until now. Each time I create a task I get two items showing in tasks window. All action on one i.e. updates, settings, details are repeated on the other and if I delete the other one is deleted. Any thoughts from any daring soul!!! "Pravesh" <pravesh.prasher@gmail.com> wrote in message news:54A1AB35-703F-437D-B1EE-F6B4C94F24C6@microsoft.com... >I am using Outlook 2007. I have not used task bar much until now. Each time >I create a task I get two items showing in tasks window. All action on one >i.e. upda...

mailboxes for multiple domains
I'm trying to set up several of my users to be able to receive email addressed to either of our two domains. The element that I don't get is how the user can tell to which address the email message was sent, user@acme1.com or user@acme2.com. I have already added the second domain's SMTP to a test account, and can receive mail sent to user@acme2.com just fine, but I need to see that that is the case. Any help is greatly appreciated. On 23 Aug 2005 11:18:54 -0700, mathew.schreiber@gmail.com wrote: >I'm trying to set up several of my users to be able to receive email >a...