Mailbox movement between 2 exchange servers

Hello,

Does anyone have any idea how can I see when a mailbox was last moved frome
one server to another?
Or what auditing settings do I have to turn On in order to see it in Event
Log/Security?

Thx

--
Razvan Dragomir,
MCSA, Exchange & Windows System Administrator

you will see an entry in the application log when a mailbox is moved...but
unless it was fairly recently, the log has probably rolled and you won't be
able to see it...

--
Susan Conkey [MVP]

"Razvan Dragomir" <RazvanDragomir@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:68B27773-D429-4B76-A949-097D6655637E@microsoft.com...
> Hello,
>
> Does anyone have any idea how can I see when a mailbox was last moved
frome
> one server to another?
> Or what auditing settings do I have to turn On in order to see it in Event
> Log/Security?
>
> Thx
>
> --
> Razvan Dragomir,
> MCSA, Exchange & Windows System Administrator

0
sconkey (3059)
6/28/2006 3:53:39 PM
Thx for your quick answer, do you know also the event id?

Thx
--

"Susan" wrote:

> you will see an entry in the application log when a mailbox is moved...but
> unless it was fairly recently, the log has probably rolled and you won't be
> able to see it...
>
> --
> Susan Conkey [MVP]
>

> "Razvan Dragomir" <RazvanDragomir@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:68B27773-D429-4B76-A949-097D6655637E@microsoft.com...
> > Hello,
> >
> > Does anyone have any idea how can I see when a mailbox was last moved
> frome
> > one server to another?
> > Or what auditing settings do I have to turn On in order to see it in Event
> > Log/Security?
> >
> > Thx
> >
> > --
> > Razvan Dragomir,
> > MCSA, Exchange & Windows System Administrator

can't remember...it's been awhile since I moved one, but the category does
indicate a mailbox move...

--

message news:0DC6533A-78C3-4F19-B82E-D39B72A836F0@microsoft.com...
> Thx for your quick answer, do you know also the event id?
>
> Thx
> --
> Razvan Dragomir,
> MCSA, Exchange & Windows System Administrator
>

> "Susan" wrote:
>
> > you will see an entry in the application log when a mailbox is
moved...but
> > unless it was fairly recently, the log has probably rolled and you won't
be
> > able to see it...
> >
> > --
> > Susan Conkey [MVP]
> >

> > "Razvan Dragomir" <RazvanDragomir@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> > message news:68B27773-D429-4B76-A949-097D6655637E@microsoft.com...
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > Does anyone have any idea how can I see when a mailbox was last moved
> > frome
> > > one server to another?
> > > Or what auditing settings do I have to turn On in order to see it in
Event
> > > Log/Security?
> > >
> > > Thx
> > >
> > > --
> > > Razvan Dragomir,
> > > MCSA, Exchange & Windows System Administrator

0
sconkey (3059)
6/28/2006 4:21:21 PM
i think i found it 1154 - thx for help
--

"Susan" wrote:

> can't remember...it's been awhile since I moved one, but the category does
> indicate a mailbox move...
>
> --
> Susan Conkey [MVP]
>

> "Razvan Dragomir" <RazvanDragomir@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:0DC6533A-78C3-4F19-B82E-D39B72A836F0@microsoft.com...
> > Thx for your quick answer, do you know also the event id?
> >
> > Thx
> > --
> > Razvan Dragomir,
> > MCSA, Exchange & Windows System Administrator
> >

> > "Susan" wrote:
> >
> > > you will see an entry in the application log when a mailbox is
> moved...but
> > > unless it was fairly recently, the log has probably rolled and you won't
> be
> > > able to see it...
> > >
> > > --
> > > Susan Conkey [MVP]
> > >

> > > "Razvan Dragomir" <RazvanDragomir@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> > > message news:68B27773-D429-4B76-A949-097D6655637E@microsoft.com...

> > > frome
> Event

Count / Frequency #2
Hi Duane, Thank you for reply, formula works well. I just tweaked the cell referencing: =COUNTIF(C$19:$C19,C19) so that it counted 1 from my top most cell; i.e C19 (criteria), so didn't need the +1. However, How can I get this Formula to work on Filtered Rows: so tha COUNTIF sequentially counts ONLY the Filtered Visible Cells (and doe not include the non-filtered data)? Thanks Tin´┐Ż duane Wrote: > > the top row gets a 1 in column B > then place this in the 2nd row in column B > > (this assumes the top row is 5) > =COUNTIF(A5:$A$5,A6)+1 > > copy down col...

user manager server unavailable
Hello, I have installed CRM 1.2 with SQL 2K on Win 2K3 Install was successful, however, when I go to crm deployment manager and then user manager, I get the following error: "The server localhost is not responding. This might happen if it is currently unavailable, it is not a Microsoft CRM server, or you do not have sufficient privileges to run User Manager..." I have added the server to the pre-win 2k user group in AD; I am able to connect to the web server and login as administrator just fine - nothing else works (even the exchange mail routing piece) any advice would be much a...

AGNES #2
LOV U ...

Exchange 2003 service
Hi all How long should the exchange 2003 information store take to stop? I have just attempted to stop the service on an 18 gig information store and it was still stopping after 45 mins. I eventually just restarted the server. Is there anything I can do to speed up the shutdown of the services? Thanks Gary Is Exchange 2003 installed on a domain controller? If so http://www.petri.co.il/slow_shutdown_of_exchange_2003_server_installed_on_dc.htm "Gary Hindson" <garyhindson@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eUaYjVYZGHA.3400@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi all > &...

Row limit in Excel #2
Is there a row limitation in Excel ? Reason why I ask, I have a control that reads rows out of a Database. I have the option of creating this report by dates. With one date, it will yield 5965 rows and I can open up that report. Now with just the next day's date, it will yield 6060 rows and the Excel file will be created, but it encounters a Microsoft error. There is no difference in the data. I can in fact make the dates shift and include the date range that was failing but it wouldn't go to the current - i.e. 4/23/2004 to 3/29/05 will fail but 4/24/05 - 03/29/05 will wor...

Creating a Mailbox
Hi all, Is it possible to create a mailbox within the Exchange System Manager, eg, info@companyname.com without having to create a user. Im currently using exchange 2003 TIA, James Not really. What is the problem? JD wrote: > Hi all, > > Is it possible to create a mailbox within the Exchange System Manager, eg, > info@companyname.com without having to create a user. > > Im currently using exchange 2003 > > TIA, > > James You cannot create a mailbox in Exchange 2003 without creating a user account associated with it. However, if you just want an SMTP ad...

mailbox limitations
Can anyone point me to any info on the size limitations for mailboxes & PST files..? I believe that beyond 2 GB MS says you're in a danger zone. I need further info to support our e-mail deletion policy PSTs have a limit of 2GB (corruption may happen even after 1GB). Mailboxes, on the other hand can be in the GB (but I wouldn't recommend it from an administrative standpoint). -- Nick Cavalancia MCSE/MCT/MCNE/MCNI nickc@remove-comsphere.com Comsphere - "Where Knowledge Transfer is Key" Web: http://www.comsphere.com Ph: 954.275.0114 Fax: 954.791.6763 "Mikeg"...

Server 2003 Setup (what services needed)
We recently had Positive Technology, Setup up our domain and install RMS 1.3 We are having a database connectivity problem on Registers 1,2,3. Many errors in the Event viewer. One error said to Make sure MS-DTC is running. I chaecked the server MS-dtc is not installed and of course not configured for Network Transactions What are all the "Default OFF" services for Server 2003 sp1 that need to be turned on and configured. So that RMS will run correctly in a Domain Client Network 1 location. -- RMS 1.3, MSDE 3 Lanes, 5 Back Office Clients XP sp2 Server 2003 sp1 Domain Static IP...

Resources #2
In Exchange 2003 how do I create resources for rooms, projectors, etc. that people can use when scheduling meetings? They are simply mailboxes. Check out http://www.swinc.com/erm. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "David Mendes" <someone@here.com> wrote in message news:O3V7HzLqFHA.208@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > In Exchange 2003 how do I create resources for rooms, projectors, etc. > that people can use when scheduling meetings? > ...

2 Contact folders #2
I have 2 Contact folders named A and B. When I click To.. folder A opens. How do I make folder B open first? Set that option in your address book view: Tools > Options -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Invalid" <invalidl@invalid.com> wrote in message news:Xns9A4B6C39EDDA7rleasycom@208.49.82.28... >I have 2 Contact folders named A and B. When I click To.. folder A opens. > How do I make folder B open first? > "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]" <russval@gmail.com> wrote in news:477266CE- 2D4F-47A4-B4E6-001FF4029BC8@microsoft.com: > Set that opt...

User explicitly denied "Full Mailbox Access"
I have an administrator account "Mark" that is explicitly denied the Full Mailbox Access permission in "Mailbox Rights". I am able to grant other adminstrators access to the same mailbox, even domain users. It seem the user is inheriting the single Deny permission, but I can't see where from. The user who's mailbox I am trying to grant access to is the domain\users OU. Mark is automatically denied full mailbox access to all users, even if I turn off inheritance in the security tab. Help? Thanks everyone in advance. Is his account listed in the exchange deleg...

Send/Receive at Startup #2
In Outlook 2003 is there any way to eliminate sending and receiving automatically at program startup? Thanks, Ron Gaynor South Garolina Tools>Options>Mail Setup untick were appropriate "Ron" <rongaynor@sc.rr.com> wrote in message news:eqEV0Ug9HHA.464@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > In Outlook 2003 is there any way to eliminate sending and receiving > automatically at program startup? > > Thanks, > Ron Gaynor > South Garolina "Ron" <rongaynor@sc.rr.com> wrote in message news:eqEV0Ug9HHA.464@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > In Outlook 20...

ondraw #2
Hello, I have MFC app that keeps calling ondraw over and over upon resizing of the window holding a cveiw object. This occurs on maximize and restore and when I resize the window. I put in a static counter and it is definitely the calls to ondraw If I execute onleftclick (overridden in the view) the calls stop and the program acts normaly until I resize. this cview has many listboxes created dynamically if I delete the create function for the list boxes, the problem does not occur. Thanks, T. ...

Need Help Programming #2
Yes, I want to use a variable inflation rates. I don't want to see each years figure. If I was using a calculator, I would do 100*1.03*1.03*1.03*1.03*1.03, if I was doing that for 5 years and then I want to store that value i a cell. I don't want any cells to have fixed values. My material of var. My percent is var. My number of years if var. Thanks! AlfD Wrote: > Hi! > > If you want to see each year's figure: > > Put 1995, 1996,..... across row 1 > In A2 put 100 > In B2 put =A2*1.03 > Copy across row 2. > Format the row as currency. > > Yo...

mailbox split during mailbox move :(
If the mailbox move process dies in the middle of the mailbox and there is half of the mailbox on the new server and the other half on the old server. Is it possible to connect those two again? I had one of my mailboxes do this to me on my test domain and I ended up deleting (Purging) it since it wouldn't let me do anything with the part that was left on the source server. I am just wandering what if it would happen on my live server... do I have to bring the mailbox from .PST file or there is another way? Thank you in advance. On Wed, 31 May 2006 09:49:02 -0700, Volodymyr <vg@a...

exchange 2000 server urgente
chiedo aiuto in merito ho un dominio aziendale dove tutti i pc sono sotto dominio e sottostanno alle regole del dominio stesso. vengo al problema voglio installare un server exchange 2000 tramite small business server pero' mi capita questo: dopo tutta l' istalllazione se provo acollegarmi da una qualunque macchina della rete con un ip fisso il pc mi vede il server di exchange e quindi si autentica e mi fa vedere la cassetta postale a me dedicata , ma se invece uso il collegamento in dhcp(quello usato di norma nella mia rete) allora il server exchange non mi riconosce e quindi n...

A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. #2
Every time my Outlook starts up I get a message that says: "A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this?" In the same dialog I get an option to allow this access for a period of time (default is one minute). My question is "how can I tell which program is trying to do this? I have Starfish (sync up with Motorola cell phone) and MapPoint installed. Can it be one of these? How can I be sure it is not a virus or a worm that is trying to do this? Did you notice it started right after you installed a new program, or did it ...

Is there a fle associated with additional mailboxes?
Is there a fle associated with additional mailboxes? Is there a file that keeps track of additional mailboxes that I have access to and are displayed in my outlook folder list? I want to know for migration reasons. Once migrated will I have to add the mailboxes again or is there a file that can be copied or even a utility that will make sure I do not lose any. I only have a few, but some of my co-workers are connected to as many as 15-20 I believe. Thanks for any help They are part of the profile and stored in the registry. See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/mru.htm - I don't rec...

Essential Business Server and removing/disabling TMG
Hi there, whilst I was on vacation my collegues did our first EBS install. According to them it's not possible to disable or remove the TMG server. Is this true? We use UTM appliances and therefore have no use for TMG. It just clutters the setup. Kind regards TMG is an integral part of EBS and is installed on the Security or Edge server. You can set the rules for it to be minimally invasive, but removing it isn't an option. -- Charlie. http://msmvps.com/blogs/russel "Freaky" <wontsay@ondeja.com> wrote in message news:eCjP5Q8hKHA.5020@TK...

column labels #2
My excel columns are labeled with numbers instead of letters. Can anyone help me change the labels back into letters? Dawn, Go to the Tools menu and choose Options then the General tab. There, uncheck the "R1C1 reference style" setting. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Dawn" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:147501c3a886$8c838760$a601280a@phx.gbl... > My excel columns are labeled with numbers instead of > letters. Can anyone help me change the labels back > i...

Watermark #2
I know I have seen this before, so please excuse me for asking again. How is a watermark inserted into an excel document. Thank You in Advance for your help. Hi Brenda You can use Word Art, remove the lines, color with 25% gray, click semi-transparent (or in latest version set the transparency to your desire). Rotate to desired angle. On the screen, when you type over the mark, it looks a bit fuzzy but prints out wonderfully If you have many to do try this: Here is some code from L. Howard Kittle. In this Zip file you can find 4 example workbooks with code to insert watermarks in to yo...

is not available or the message has left the Exchange organization
We are unable to track down a message that an Exchange user recieved an NDR. We are trying to track down a message that was sent from Entourage through Exchange Server 2003. When we enter the sender, recipient and server in the Message Tracking center and click on the results, every one says: "The tracking database on <name> is not available or the message has left the Exchange organization. Facility: Microsoft Exchange Management ID No: c1032751 Microsoft Exchange Management." Also, when we look in the senders SENT mail folder, we can find no instance of the messa...

The set of folders could not be opened. #2
Using Outlook 2003, with latest Office updates applied and using WinXP. I am getting the following error message: "Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Unable to open the Outlook window. The set of folders could not be opened. The server is not available. Contact your administrator if this condition persists." This happens about once on a daily basis. This is what I am doing to get over it right now - once this message comes up, I re-boot (Start-Shutdown-Restart) my machine and everything works fine after the re-boot. If I just Log Off instead of restarting the computer, the prob...

Read Only access to mailbox?
I know that in Active Directory you can grant someon 'Full mailbox access' to another person's mailbox. Can you give Read Only access to another person's mailbox in AD, or do you have to do that through Outlook permissions with delegates or folder permissions? Thanks. On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 08:00:04 -0700, SilverICE <SilverICE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I know that in Active Directory you can grant someon 'Full mailbox access' to >another person's mailbox. Can you give Read Only access to another person's >mailbox in AD, or do you h...

email notifications #2
Is there any way to get a notification sent to my mailbox when there is a problem sending or receivng email on Exchange server 2003 if there's a problem sending or receiving email on your server, that could be due to many things, but most of the reasons would also prohibit your receiving a notification email that something was wrong... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Dave" <Dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B71A0A5C-2206-4D5D-A656-152C1230CCCA@microsoft.com... > Is there any way to get a notification sent to my mailbox when there is a > problem sendin...