Mailbox move while server down

Hi,

Is it possible to move a mailbox from server A to server B in the same
organisation and within one AD domain, while server A is down?

It is not important that the mail is recovered from the existing
mailbox on server A.

Setup:
W2K3 AD SP1
one domain
Exchange 2003 SP1
Outlook 2003

Regards,

Trumpeteer

0
arjan (2)

Interesting..... I don't see how you can avoid creating a new mailbox on
server B and manually updating/recreating the Outlook profile on the
client.....

Regards,
Hank Arnold

Trumpeteer wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to move a mailbox from server A to server B in the same
> organisation and within one AD domain, while server A is down?
>
> It is not important that the mail is recovered from the existing
> mailbox on server A.
>
> Setup:
> W2K3 AD SP1
> one domain
> Exchange 2003 SP1
> Outlook 2003
>
> Regards,
>
> Trumpeteer

0
rasilon1 (689)
4/24/2006 7:53:46 AM
Should i then use "delete mailbox", or "Remove Exchange Attributes"?
After that create a new mailbox, correct?

0
arjan (2)
4/24/2006 8:10:21 AM
That would work.  But you will have to manually fix the profile in Outlook.
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

"Trumpeteer" <arjan@kauffman.tk> wrote in message
> Should i then use "delete mailbox", or "Remove Exchange Attributes"?
> After that create a new mailbox, correct?

0
curspice6401 (3487)

Unable to open shared mailbox
We have a town gov. department with two users with the own email accounts and a common shared email account with the name of the department. We set up permissions for both users the same but only one user can access the mailbox. When the second user tries to open the folder they get "unable to Expand the Folder" We have checked and rechecked the permissions and they seem the same. I can add the mailbox to my account successfully in the same manor (Tools-email account- view or change- change- more settings- advanced- mailboxes add...) Re-installing OutLook does not ch...

CRM and Exchange Server 2007
I have three servers in my organization. One of them is DC and Exchange Server 2007 (Server A). One of them is Dynamics CRM and SharePoint 2007 (Server B). One of them is ISA Server 2006 (Server C). How can I install CRM Exchange E-mail Router in ServerA. The documentation of Router Update (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=f7656f0f-4195-4a7d-b654-2786787e1422&DisplayLang=en) indicates the following: "Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server or Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 must be installed and operational on the computer that the Router is to be installed. NOTE...

mailbox size over 2gb
we are in Exchange 2003 SBS Standard environment.... one of the major user have over 2 gb of mails in his account... and i'm afraid he won't be able to send or recieve mails after few more megabytes... what is the best solution to tackle this issue ? (knowing that deleting mails is not an options) -- MS The size of the mailbox on the server itself is of no concern. There are no limits placed on mailboxes. You do start having performance problems with large mailboxes, but that is not due to the size, rather the number of items in a folder. Where mailboxes >2gb bites you i...

Old DPM server can still manage moved protection server
Recently I needed to move some protected servers from DPM1 to DPM2. So on the protected servers I successfully ran the SetDPMServer.exe command to point it to DPM2. Then on DPM2, I ran the Attach- ProductionServer.ps1 cmdlet. I've done this dozens of times and all the commands worked fine. I created a protection group for the protected server on DPM2, the replicas were created successfully, and backups are fine. However back on DPM1, the protected server still shows up as OK under Management -> Agents. This must have happened last week as well, because I did the same process ...

Moving some users to new mailbox database fails
A new client of mine runs Exchange 2007 Standard SP1 on a single server. Today their Information Store shutdown due to being over 250GB in size (300GB to be exact). The site has 120 users and do not want to be limited on email storage space. We created a new Database and tried moving seven users over. Only four moved successfully. The other three genereated events: 9660, 1022, 8507, and 1008. The users mailbox size varies from 1.5GB to 4.5GB. For troubleshooting, I have already verified the account I'm using has FullAccess permissions to the account. I've also verifie...

Event ID 7010 and 7004 between EX2003 servers
Hello, I have 3 different exchange servers, different domains also. To send mail between the servers i use an SMTP connector and for 2 of the 3 servers this works fine. For the third server i can send e-mail to internet e-mail, get mail from over the internet, get mail from the other 2 servers but when i want to send e-mail to the other two servers i get this on my third new server (sending server): Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeTransport Event Category: SMTP Protocol Event ID: 7004 Date: 16/07/2004 Time: 23:24:43 User: N/A Computer: SPSERVER10 Description: This is an SM...

Reporting Services and CRM Server in same directory
I have installed Reporting Services and the CRM Server in the same directory. This is a pilot program install. I am now getting the below error which is addressed with KB Article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/948012 which resolution 2 does not seeem to work. I am now faced with reinstalling the CRM Server or Reporting Server, which is easier to recover from if I have to do them? An internal error occurred on the report server. See the error log for more details. (rsInternalError) Get Online Help Error executing child request for /ReportServer/Pages/ ReportViewer.aspx. The type Microsoft.Crm...

Moving form to top
on my main form I have a subform. I am highlighting record from a subform and on subform's Form DoubleClick event i have the following code Parent.Recordset.FindFirst "[CustomerID]=" & Me.[CustomerID] However every time selected record is loaded into main form, form stops in a middle of the screen and I have to scroll eveyt ime to get to the top of the form. Is there is a code that will bring mainf form all wat downt to top? To move to the first record in the form you can use Docmd.GoToRecord , , acFirst Or, using Requery will refresh the form and move to the first...

HELP ! Windows Server 2003 SP2 boots indefinitely
Hello, Since the last Microsoft Update (last week) two of my servers Windows server 2003 SP2, where the update was accepted, boot and reboot indefinitely. The other servers Win 2003 which didn't accept the update are running fine. How can I get rid of this last update ? Or can we correct this awful bug? I need your help ! Thanks You can uninstall it from the recovery console. From the recovery console command line navigate to; %SystemRoot%\$NtUninstallKBxxxxxx$\spuninst where xxxxxx is the KB article number you want to uninstall. and execute BATCH spuninst.t...

migrate 5.5 mailbox to 2003
i'm trying to use migration wizard to migrte mailboxses fro 5.5(NT) to 2003 but i'm getting this error .Please if any one can help Failed to logon to the target mailbox with the address 'x500:/o=GOV/ou=EDUC/cn=Recipients/cn=test23'. Have you used ADC to replicate from 5.5 to 2003? "drabee" <drabee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8E5DCA60-13B9-47BD-B153-D3E3C13E8A23@microsoft.com... > i'm trying to use migration wizard to migrte mailboxses fro 5.5(NT) to > 2003 > but i'm getting this error .Please if any one can help >...

Anyway to see if limits are NOT set on a mailbox without opening it?
I want to be able to see is some of my mailboxes do not have any limits set. I added STORAGE LIMITS to the view but that does not show anything if I have ISSUE WARNING checked but NOTHING checked under PROHIBITED SEND AND RECIEVE. I would like to be able to see which mailboxes have my default PROHIBIT SEND AND RECIEVE and which one do not have any PROHIBIT SEND AND RECIEVE. Currently, I have to open each mailbox. Is there a way I can do this? Thanks. With Storage limits showing the following should apply: Below Limit....................Below warning limits Issue Warning...........

Problem with Mailbox Storage Limits
Ok... here is one that is bugging the hell out of me. I have a EVS server called NYMAIL1. In the mailbox store properties under Limits, I set up a Prohibit Send at 125000 (kb). I have no other settings for warning or prohibit send/receive. I have a user John that likes to have a large email mailbox. I set up on his ADUC account under Exchange General / Storage Limits... a Prohibit Send setting of 800000 (kb). I have prohibit send/received unchecked and send warning unchecked. I also have use mailbox store limits unchecked for his mailbox. John's mailbox is currently 575...

Outlook signature moves after sending
I have a user with Outlook 2002 with a signature which moves up above the message text of the email after it is sent. The signature is from an rtf file and this only happens with plain text messages. He'll type his message then insert the signature after the text. After the email is sent, and you check the Sent Items copy, the message text has been placed below the signature. The email looks fine before it's sent. I tried creating a new signature for him and it still does it. ...

Saving a password for an Exchange mailbox
Hello everybody, Outlook keeps asking me for my password when I log in to my Exchange server - I would like to save the password, though, and have Outlook log me in automatically. I presume this is possible because it works fine with my pop accounts. Any help is greatly appreciated. Cheers, Oliver What is the authentication type set under your Exchange server properties? Have you tried talking to your Exchange Admin about the password problem? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) viru...

changing IP of the exchange server
Hi, I have windows 2003 with exchange 2003 server, running perfectly fine. Recently I have been assigned with a new IP address from my ISP and so I have to use the new IP address instead of the old one(It is a public IP address.) My query is can I change the old IP address to the new one without affecting the functionality of the server. Is this a working scenario.I don't want to try and disturb the current setup Please advice. Regards Vic On Sun, 11 Dec 2005 16:01:51 +0400, "Vikrant" <vikrant_nath@hotmail(removethispart).com> wrote: > >Hi, > >I ha...

Outlook Express mailbox
I created a new user account on an XP machine and I want to move my mailbox over to the new user from the old. Is there an equivalent of a pst file for outlook express that I can import? Thanks "Mike G." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:026101c3d61a$3c86b220$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I created a new user account on an XP machine and I want > to move my mailbox over to the new user from the old. Is > there an equivalent of a pst file for outlook express > that I can import? > > Thanks Backup and Restore OE http://insideoe.tomsterd...

Exchange Serive and Outside pop server
Can someone help me setting this up, I running exchange 5.5 on a windows 2000 server, I also have an outside pop server. When a outlook client chooses an exchange recepient to mail to I want it to route to the pop server NOT directly to the recepients exchange mailbox. I have outlook setup with an pop3 account and exchange. Thanks so much! "=?Utf-8?B?TWFudWVsIFJvYmxlcw==?=" <Manuel Robles@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:34EDEC7F-C670-48A6-82E2-ED46AA55AB01@microsoft.com: > Can someone help me setting this up, I running exchange 5.5 on a > windows 2000 ser...

moving cells to new sheets
I am trying to tidy up a fairly large and complex workbook that is all (quite confusingly) kept on one sheet. Is there any way to move cells to other worksheets and have them hold on to their original reference from the original sheet? e.g. easily copy cell from Sheet 1 with say, (=R1/2) to Sheet2 so it now has the formula (='Sheet1'!R1/2) Thanks David Try: Cut (from Sheet 1) > Paste (in Sheet 2) D Abramovich <youdontneed@myemail.add> wrote in message news:0a4b01c38f05$65235a50$a401280a@phx.gbl... > > I am trying to tidy up a fairly large and complex workbook ...

Backup SQL Server 2008
Hi, I am trying to backup databases on my SQL Server 2008 X64 running on Server 2008. This has always worked nicely, but lately for some reason, I am unable to see the SQL databases in the DPM console, and therefore i cannot add the databases to the protection group. I am currently testing DPM 2010 but the problem was also in DPM 2007. Any advise on how to troubleshoot this? /Rune Is SQL Writer Service running on the SQL sever? -- Santhosh Sivarajan | MCTS, MCSE (W2K3/W2K/NT4), MCSA (W2K3/W2K/MSG), CCNA Houston, TX http://blogs.sivarajan.com/ http://www.sivarajan.c...

Object Explorer doesn't connect to server specified at startup
Hi Everybody, I'm constantly trying to shrink regular responsibilities into a single- click icon. Want me to check the server's hard drive size? I've got a script that gets hard drive space and sends a text report via SQL mail; all I need to do is click the SQLCMD batch file on my desktop. When starting SQL Server Management Studio (2005), I don't want to specify my server name, login, password, or the database I need; I prefer to run my desktop batch file that contains the following command: SqlWb.exe -E -S myservername -d testdb -nosplash This gets me into...

How do I enable a mailbox that has been disabled?
The disabled address is the one I want to be the primary address. How do I enable it? You didn't mention what type of mailbox you are working with, but if it is an Exchange 200x mailbox, then you need to re-enable the Active Directory account that it associated with. "Khaki" <Khaki@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:580E36C4-2EB2-41C5-B244-9AF2F1C00E02@microsoft.com... > The disabled address is the one I want to be the primary address. How do I > enable it? ...

Error message when using Excel on Terminal Server
Hi, We have been using Excel 2003 on a Windows 2003 Terminal server for about a year with no problems until yesterday. Now when we open Excel we get a message that says "C:\documents and sattings\administrator.rco1\application data\microsoft\addins\c:\program files\common files\microsoft shared\geography\mpoai9.dll is not a valid office addin". We click ok and excel opens fine. I think it is because we deleted some mapping software that must have tied into excel. It has not been a problem but we want it to go away because it is preventing us from exporting things from oth...

How can I determine what is causing Watson to be invoked on MOSS 2007 server
A dozen or so times a day (varies from day to day) we are seeing 12 hive log messages referencing Watson. I am not familar with what tools one has to deal with locating and resolving the issues leading to these exceptions. Here's a sample of one of the error "passages" 03/05/2010 06:00:04.59 mssdmn.exe (0x1E34) 0x1698 Search Server Common PHSts 0 Monitora ble CSTS3Accessor::Init: Return error to caller, hr=80041206 - File:d:\offic e\source\search\search\gather\protocols\sts3\sts3acc.cxx Line:347 03/05/2010 06:00:04...

How to move about in a document
How do you move to a certain page or to the end of a document? You can use F5 to display the goto dialog. There you can enter the page or section number you want to go to. CTRL+END will get you straight to the end of the document. Yves "richard" <rmk@wonderland.net> wrote in message news:%232Ukeb%23uKHA.4752@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > How do you move to a certain page or to the end of a document? You can also use the DocMap which lets you select Sections/Headings to navigate the document. -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP "richard" <rmk...

share GAL between 2003 exch servers
Hello, I have two companies with win2003 server and exchange 2003 server. they are both working fine. Now i want in company A the global address list from company B so that the users just can click a name and send an e-mail to the user of the other company. I thought i could do this with InterOrg but interorg only replicates public folders and free/busy info. How can i do this for my global address list ? regards, Phil MIIS + the Feature Pack is Microsoft solution. Other products such as SimpleSynch would do the same for you. Al "phil" <anonymous@discussions.microsof...