mailbox move-Exchange 2003

I cannot successfully move a mailbox from one storage group into another. I
keep getting the error message "mailbox cannot  be moved until cleanup
operations complete". I have run cleanup operations several times and it
still does not work. What else would cause this issue?
0
John1063 (943)

Is the a mailbox already present in the target store for the same user that
you might need to purge?
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

>I cannot successfully move a mailbox from one storage group into another. I
> keep getting the error message "mailbox cannot  be moved until cleanup
> operations complete". I have run cleanup operations several times and it
> still does not work. What else would cause this issue?

0
curspice6401 (3487)
11/17/2006 8:11:58 PM
No, the name only exists in the one information store.

"Ed Crowley [MVP]" wrote:

> Is the a mailbox already present in the target store for the same user that
> you might need to purge?
> --
> Ed Crowley
> MVP - Exchange
>
> "John" <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I cannot successfully move a mailbox from one storage group into another. I
> > keep getting the error message "mailbox cannot  be moved until cleanup
> > operations complete". I have run cleanup operations several times and it
> > still does not work. What else would cause this issue?

0
John1063 (943)
11/17/2006 8:28:02 PM
Ed, do you have any other suggestions?

"Ed Crowley [MVP]" wrote:

> Is the a mailbox already present in the target store for the same user that
> you might need to purge?
> --
> Ed Crowley
> MVP - Exchange
>
> "John" <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I cannot successfully move a mailbox from one storage group into another. I
> > keep getting the error message "mailbox cannot  be moved until cleanup
> > operations complete". I have run cleanup operations several times and it
> > still does not work. What else would cause this issue?

0
John1063 (943)
11/21/2006 7:25:01 PM
I would suggest you just wait until online maintenance completes
tonight, it may correct it.

James Chong

John wrote:
> Ed, do you have any other suggestions?
>
> "Ed Crowley [MVP]" wrote:
>
> > Is the a mailbox already present in the target store for the same user that
> > you might need to purge?
> > --
> > Ed Crowley
> > MVP - Exchange
> > "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!"
> >
> > "John" <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >I cannot successfully move a mailbox from one storage group into another. I
> > > keep getting the error message "mailbox cannot  be moved until cleanup
> > > operations complete". I have run cleanup operations several times and it
> > > still does not work. What else would cause this issue?

0
jamestechman (1266)

outlook 2003 custom form no RTF
I was using Outlook 2002 sp3 till now. Used to create custom forms, publish it (with the option, save form defination with item as 'NO') in the personal forms library. Send the custom form to myself, and when I receive it, it used to be in rich text format(RTF) and wud display the custom form as it is. But now, in the same machine, am using outlook 2003,and suddenly, the RTF, is not being displayed. Instead, the inbox has html file, so I can view the custom form.. Pls help.. Thanks in advance What's the value of the MessageClass property for the item you received? = Has your m...

Could NOT change mail address after windows server 2003 sp1
Exchange Server 20003 SP1 on Server 2003 Enterprise After upgrade to Win Server 2003 SP1 only users who are members of Local Administrators Group (in Exchange 2003 server) can change an email address. They can create new mail enabled users (with default addresses) The error message is An Exchange Server could not be found in the domain Check if the Microsoft System Attendant service is running on the Exchange Server ID no: c10308a2 Microsoft Active Directory - Exchange Extension What errors do you see in the event logs (specifically the application log and system log). That sounds rea...

adding gmail account in outlook on SBS 2003 R2
I'm running a SBS 2003 R2 and currently have each networked PC setup with an exchange email account. I have stopped using the exchange email accounts and would like to setup a (IMAP) Gmail account and I was able to setup the account through (outlook 2003) tools, account settings and adding a new account on a laptop that was not networked but when I try this on the networked PCs it does not work. I’m going to try to change some server settings but any help would be appreciated. -- TTK In article <F512405C-D5E6-4465-AFB0-1748EA5DC6C6@microsoft.com>,=20 TTK@discuss...

YAPTQ: Mixed data types in custom groups (Excel 2003)
Hello, I'm trying to get the following accomplished in Excel 2003: I have a column in a table that keeps track of how late a form was turned in. It can have an integer (for the number of days it was late) or one of several text strings ("On time," "Cannot determine," "Outside report dates.") I need to be able to generate the totals for: On time or within 7 days late, 8-15 days, More than 15 days Cannot determine Outside report dates It seems like it should be a straightforward procedure, where one can specify a range of numbers, or a list of values, but I ...

publisher 2003 can't upload site Please Help
Greetings, I have tried to upload my 2003 publisher website for 4 hours. I know how to use ftp, I know how to use http due to the wonderful directions I found through this website. When I use FTP I get 'Publisher could not save the fiel to the Web. Check your URL or network connection'. I check them and they are fine. When I use HTTP the programs stops responding, the page goes white and this can be verified by ctrl alt delete and you can clearly see the writing not responding. After I get it shut down I get a error report. Error signature: szAppName: MSPUB.EXE szAppVer:...

Is there no way to view individual messages in Exchange 03?
After much Googling, I've learned: 1) Exchange 2003 disabled the "M drive" feature, and 2) Messing around with individual messages in the M drive is a bad idea anyhow. So, is there anyway from the Exchange 03 System Manager to view/open/manage individual email messages? Or must I use Outlook or OWA to do this? Thanks... N2 You need Outlook or OWA to do it... -- -- Brian Desmond Windows Server MVP desmondb@payton.cps.k12.il.us Http://www.briandesmond.com "N2" <none@nunya.com> wrote in message news:_VNud.4773$ve.2836@fed1read06... > After much Go...

disable forwarding feature exchange 2003 in OWA
Does anyone know of a way to disable this feature in outlook web access for exchange 2003? we would like to restrict mailbox forwarding to an administrative only task. thank you team! -- nick If you did this, what would prevent the user from simply using the "Reply" function and changing the recipients address or creating a new email and pasting in the contents of the messages they want to forward? On Mon, 3 May 2004 15:44:52 -0400, "Nicholas Oneil" <nick@logicworks.net> wrote: >Does anyone know of a way to disable this feature in outlook web access for &...

must press enter 2x to move cell focus
I now have to hit enter or tab twice after editing cell data to get cursor to move to next cell, but only on existing workbooks. New workbooks stil moves after first enter. Move after entry box is checked, tried unchecking, reopen excel, recheck, reopen excel, not fixing it. Excel 2003 on Win XP Pro, AV files current and running. Don't think I changed anything lately. Have compared settings, can't find any differences. Searched KB and newgroup posts but if answer is there I'm not searching on correct words... ...

Dealing with over-the-limit mailbox users
Gurus, I have recently taken a new post as an Exchange Administrator. The first thing I did was look at mailbox sizes on the storage groups. Many were large, some more than 1GB. I would like to send out a form email to the users but only starting off on a one-on-one basis until I get my wording down. I'm sure many of you in these groups are your companies Exchange Admins, and my question to you is what does a typical email to your end-user who is over the limit (and possibly even requesting more space) look like? What I am trying to get them to do is archive mail to local PST f...

Outlook 2003
Hi Am running outlook 2003 on a new Core2 duo running Vista Home Premium with all M$oft updates applied. When I receive emails that are supposed to have photos attached, I often receive them in plain text format with HTML code. The pictures are converted to a bunch of spurious characters eg; --_ab33f5dc-d792-409c-946f-7e6261a82e82_-- --_0b4657a7-168c-456f-a2b3-35bc796bdbf1_ Content-Type: image/jpeg Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="IMG_0434.JPG" /9j/4AAQSkZJRgABAAEAtAC0AAD//gAfTEVBRCBUZWNobm9sb2dpZXMgSW5jLiBWMS4wMQD/2wCE AAwICQsJCA...

HELP!!! Migrating to Exchange 2000 Exchange2k Setup always Fails! (REVISED)
I posted this before but here is a clearer explanation of what's going on. I have gone throught the procedure below 5 times now this is not a fluke. Please Help! I thought this would make things easier. This my test lab setup procedure from scratch. WHAT AM I DOING WRONG?! 1) Clean install NT4 PDC SP6a (with underscore in domain name to simulate production enviorment) 2) Clean install of NT4 as Member Server SP6a 3) Clean install of Exchange 5.5 and SP4 using domains built in admin account to simulate production enviorment. 4) Build a few mailboxes and user accounts, I don...

Average Exchange Rate
Does anyone have the exact calculation of the average exchange rate that GP uses during revaluation using either period balances or net change? The amounts we're getting are higher than any of the actual rates entered during the year. We don't have many transations so I'd like to recalculate manually to see if we have a problem iwth setup, data entry or the program itself. Thanks ...

Problem re-loading Office 2003
I have a fully certified copy of Office 2003 which was working fine and no problems at all - but after the hard-drive failed on my Vaio pc - I had to use the emergency disc to recover the XP system after a new hard-drive was installed. All my old programmes loaded like a dream - except Office 2003 that started the set up and then an error message came up - Waiting for cabinets to be cached - then missing file L2561412 and set up failed. I trawled through the web to try and find a solution and someone suggested that this was because 2003 was not locating the CD drive to locate...

Outlook 2003 Reminder for Past Appointments
This was a follow up on a previous post about reminders in outlook. I was looking for a way to turn off reminders for all items that I added prior to the current date and time (which was truely annoying). I could not find any setting that does this in outlook if you know of one please let me know! What I ended up doing is writing some code to turn them off when the appointment is added and I have listed it below for anyone else that is annoyed by this "feature". To use it just open outlook go to tools, macro, visual basic editor and paste the code in there. You will have to allo...

[Publisher 2003] Print large format on single page?!
Hello, can anyone tell me how I can print a large-format poster on one single smaller page? (I only find the option for distributing the poster on several pages.) Thanks! Frank Will your printer print a large format poster? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Frank Peters" <frank123.nospam@web.de> wrote in message news:c9078d$h9b$03$1@news.t-online.com... > Hello, > > can anyone tell me how I can print a large-format poster on one single > smaller page? (I only find the option for distributing the poster on > several pages.) > > Thanks! Fran...

Comparison of MS Money 2000 and MS Money 2003
I just upgraded and recently noticed with my transactions in comparison to MS Money 2000 which is much better and worked with all my SB Office Business tools 2000. MS Money 2003 SB Edition destroyed all links to MS Business Tools and also does not pick up all my financial transactions data so I would have to keep a paper copy anyway or go online to find the transaction to fill in the data. MS Money 2003 does not work properly with VersaCheck QuickPass 2004. TaxCut 2004 works great with MS Money 2003. You are pushing to upgrade MS Money 2005 and I read some of the support issues. In...

Outlook folders not saved in users Exchange mailbox store
I am the admin and I can see that my other users have log on time, number and size of messages, and log of time. I have one user that has log on and off times but no number and size of messages. Is it possible for a user to configure their account to hide this information? On Tue, 27 Mar 2007 19:00:56 -0700, jimsmith <jimsmith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am the admin and I can see that my other users have log on time, number and >size of messages, and log of time. I have one user that has log on and off >times but no number and size of messages. Is it possibl...

Export Exchange 5.5 Mailbox resouces to CSV file.
I know how to export the Private Information store--Mailbox resouces to a csv by Click on "Save Window Contents" Is there a way I can do this from the command line? I am trying to do it from a either a batch file or a VBScript Thanks for any input Mark http://www.imibo.com/imidev/Exchange/imims.htm IMI Mailbox Statistics - look for IMI Mailbox Statistics Console Application" (as separate download). With this add-on (which is totally independent application), most MS-Exchange administrators can to automate their tasks and be more productive. Add-on export information to Com...

Outlook 2003 wont display emails.
I have just exported all my details from outlook express to outlook 2003. When i receive my emails only the headers of the emails are shown and none of the content of the emails. Any suggestions how to allow this? I have used the options of viewing emails in rich text only etc. but no joy there. "pcloon" wrote: > I have just exported all my details from outlook express to outlook 2003. > When i receive my emails only the headers of the emails are shown and none of > the content of the emails. > Any suggestions how to allow this? > I have used the options of vi...

Importing Emails .pst format from 2007 to 2003 version
Hi: Can I do this? Rec'ng error msg. "brgwtrnj" <brgwtrnj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5D967048-A523-4FA8-8088-AD5245003720@microsoft.com... > Hi: > > Can I do this? Rec'ng error msg. > Do NOT use the import/export function to transfer data from one Outlook to another. (Courtesy of Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]) Importing an entire PST may well corrupt your profile and may create a ghost PST that you can't close. Importing PST's will lose: 1. Custom Forms 2. Custom Views 3. Connections between contacts and activities 4....

Windows 7 joining SBS 2003 R2 domain
I'm having an issue with connectcomputer and joining a Windows 7 Ultimate PC to our SBS 2003 R2 domain. When I attempt to join I get the following error: "An error occurred while trying to copy the Client Setup files. Check the following, and then try again: If you use a public proxy server to browse the Internet, clear the Internet Explorer connection setting for using a proxy server. To do this, from the Tools menu, click Internet Options, click the Connections tab, click LAN settings button, and then clear the check box in Proxy Server. If you on not have a pu...

Script auto configure Outlook 2003
Hi, I would like to know if is possible to configure a client using Outlook 2003 via script to use my Exchange 2003 Server. I know that Outlook 2007 will do all automatically finding the Exchange Server but I have to use version 2003. Regards S.F You're welcome to try the Exprofre tool, or look at a third-party solution like ProfileMaker. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Sanze" <sanzeyan@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23T1cJZQdHHA.2316@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Hi, > I would like to know if is...

Backup of Exchange Server
I am getting following error while backing the Microsoft Information Store. What might be the problem. Backup started on 27-Dec-04 at 5:30 PM. The 'Microsoft Information Store' returned 'Error returned from an ESE function call (d). ' from a call to 'HrESEBackupRead()' additional data '-'The 'Microsoft Information Store' returned 'Error returned from an ESE function call (d). ' from a call to 'HrESEBackupRead()' additional data '-' The operation was ended. What are you using to back up Exchange? 3rd party software (Veritas...

Trying to install Outlook 2003 after using trial version Office 2003
My trial version of Office has expired. I purchased Outlook 2003 and when I tried to convert from the trial version it told me that I needed to convert to Office. Am I going to have to buy the full Office package to use Outlook 2003? Thanks, Sherry Problem resolved. I don't know what happened but I noticed the icon on the bottom at the bottom of my screen. When I clicked on it Outlook opened with all my current email. Now, is it possible to find the email from the trial version and import it into the current version? Thanks again, Sherry Problem is back. I just rebooted my mac...

AVM Ken together with Exchange Server 2000
Hi ther has anyone experience in using AVM Ken together with Exchange Server200 Thank Andreas "mtsw" <ab@mtsw.de> wrote: >has anyone experience in using AVM Ken together with Exchange Server2000 I think it requires the companion product AVM Barbie. -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm ...