Mailbox Migration from Gmail to Exchange 2010

Hi All,

Could you any one of you tell me how to migrate the mails form Gmail to
Exchange server 2010

Thanks in advance

You can try the Microsoft Transporter Suite.  I don't know if it works with
Exchange 2010 yet or not, though.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=35FC4205-792B-4306-8E4B-0DE9CCE72172&displaylang=en
--
Ed Crowley MVP
..

"Saravana Kumar" <Saravana Kumar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> Could you any one of you tell me how to migrate the mails form Gmail to
> Exchange server 2010
>
> Thanks in advance

0
Ed
6/6/2010 11:19:48 PM
This is your job to know if it works or not loser. Don't know why you are MVP.

"Ed Crowley [MVP]" wrote:

> You can try the Microsoft Transporter Suite.  I don't know if it works with
> Exchange 2010 yet or not, though.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=35FC4205-792B-4306-8E4B-0DE9CCE72172&displaylang=en
> --
> Ed Crowley MVP
> "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
> ..
>
> "Saravana Kumar" <Saravana Kumar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi All,
> >
> > Could you any one of you tell me how to migrate the mails form Gmail to
> > Exchange server 2010
> >
> > Thanks in advance
>
> .

On Mon, 7 Jun 2010 08:11:32 -0700, Thierry Frache <Thierry
Frache@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>This is your job to know if it works or not loser. Don't know why you are MVP.

I'm pretty sure Ed has a day job. I know I do. Neither of us know
everything.

Feel free to jump in with an answer yourself -- or not.
---
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
0
Rich
6/7/2010 11:31:18 PM
You could try imapsync.
"Saravana Kumar" <Saravana Kumar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> Could you any one of you tell me how to migrate the mails form Gmail to
> Exchange server 2010
>
> Thanks in advance

0
Fritz

Exchange 2003 service
Hi all How long should the exchange 2003 information store take to stop? I have just attempted to stop the service on an 18 gig information store and it was still stopping after 45 mins. I eventually just restarted the server. Is there anything I can do to speed up the shutdown of the services? Thanks Gary Is Exchange 2003 installed on a domain controller? If so http://www.petri.co.il/slow_shutdown_of_exchange_2003_server_installed_on_dc.htm "Gary Hindson" <garyhindson@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eUaYjVYZGHA.3400@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi all > &...

Migrating from 5.5 to 2k3
We are considering from moving from MSES 5.5 on NT4 to MSES 2003 on W2003 on a new server. We would also like to change the MSES Organisation name and W2003 domain name in the process. We would have to run W2003 in mixed mode as some NT4 servers will remain. We have about 50 users. What is the best method to do this? Thanks in advance David ...

SHARING CALENDAR W/O EXCHANGE SERVER
is it possible to share outlook calendars (files) without using an exchange serever. We have a workgroup with a few persons, nothing fancy. thanks. smokiibear, you wrote on Wed, 22 Feb 2006 14:46:29 -0800: > is it possible to share outlook calendars (files) without using an exchange > serever. We have a workgroup with a few persons, nothing fancy. You need a third-party tool like http://www.mapilab.com/groupware/server/ -- Best Regards Christian Goeller smokiibear <HHDTNZONPAKN@spammotel.com> wrote: > is it possible to share outlook calendars (files) without using ...

How do I add a new domain to my exchange server?
How do I add a new domain to my exchange server? I have been browsing the menues to find where the domains from which I receive mail is set up - without any luck. Thanks in advance, Henning Have a look at the Recipient Policy. You can configure the environment to be responsible for a new domain using Recipient Policy. Then you can use SMTP address to address the user. -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples (if any) are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm * Please d...

password error when setting up first 2003 exchange server in domain
we have done the forestprep, doing domainprep from the exchange tools. had windows 2000 domain, windows 2000 server with 2000 exchange, have installed new server running windows 2003, installing exchange 2003 on that server. did forestprep, worked okay, but problem with domainprep. we keep getting an error and when we look at the exchange logs it says: ScSetPasswordOnSystemMailboxAccounts (f:\titanium\admin\src\libs\exsetup\dsmisc.cxx:1146) Error code 0X800708C5 (2245): The password does not meet the password policy requirements. Check the minimum password length, password ...

Creating a Mailbox
Hi all, Is it possible to create a mailbox within the Exchange System Manager, eg, info@companyname.com without having to create a user. Im currently using exchange 2003 TIA, James Not really. What is the problem? JD wrote: > Hi all, > > Is it possible to create a mailbox within the Exchange System Manager, eg, > info@companyname.com without having to create a user. > > Im currently using exchange 2003 > > TIA, > > James You cannot create a mailbox in Exchange 2003 without creating a user account associated with it. However, if you just want an SMTP ad...

User explicitly denied "Full Mailbox Access"
I have an administrator account "Mark" that is explicitly denied the Full Mailbox Access permission in "Mailbox Rights". I am able to grant other adminstrators access to the same mailbox, even domain users. It seem the user is inheriting the single Deny permission, but I can't see where from. The user who's mailbox I am trying to grant access to is the domain\users OU. Mark is automatically denied full mailbox access to all users, even if I turn off inheritance in the security tab. Help? Thanks everyone in advance. Is his account listed in the exchange deleg...

Cannot remove Exch. 5.5 Server after migration
I am trying to remove my exchange 5.5 server from my organization after a successful migration to Exchange 2k3. I have had the 5.5 server shut down for several months to make sure everything worked without it. Now after following all the instructions in the technet article on how to remove it I get the follwing error when trying to delete it: "The server could not be deleted because some public folders were not successfully moved to a different server. You do not have the permissions required to complete the operation on the information store." I have all the public folders I need on...

mailbox limitations
Can anyone point me to any info on the size limitations for mailboxes & PST files..? I believe that beyond 2 GB MS says you're in a danger zone. I need further info to support our e-mail deletion policy PSTs have a limit of 2GB (corruption may happen even after 1GB). Mailboxes, on the other hand can be in the GB (but I wouldn't recommend it from an administrative standpoint). -- Nick Cavalancia MCSE/MCT/MCNE/MCNI nickc@remove-comsphere.com Comsphere - "Where Knowledge Transfer is Key" Web: http://www.comsphere.com Ph: 954.275.0114 Fax: 954.791.6763 "Mikeg"...

Is there a fle associated with additional mailboxes?
Is there a fle associated with additional mailboxes? Is there a file that keeps track of additional mailboxes that I have access to and are displayed in my outlook folder list? I want to know for migration reasons. Once migrated will I have to add the mailboxes again or is there a file that can be copied or even a utility that will make sure I do not lose any. I only have a few, but some of my co-workers are connected to as many as 15-20 I believe. Thanks for any help They are part of the profile and stored in the registry. See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/mru.htm - I don't rec...

exchange 2000 server urgente
chiedo aiuto in merito ho un dominio aziendale dove tutti i pc sono sotto dominio e sottostanno alle regole del dominio stesso. vengo al problema voglio installare un server exchange 2000 tramite small business server pero' mi capita questo: dopo tutta l' istalllazione se provo acollegarmi da una qualunque macchina della rete con un ip fisso il pc mi vede il server di exchange e quindi si autentica e mi fa vedere la cassetta postale a me dedicata , ma se invece uso il collegamento in dhcp(quello usato di norma nella mia rete) allora il server exchange non mi riconosce e quindi n...

mailbox split during mailbox move :(
If the mailbox move process dies in the middle of the mailbox and there is half of the mailbox on the new server and the other half on the old server. Is it possible to connect those two again? I had one of my mailboxes do this to me on my test domain and I ended up deleting (Purging) it since it wouldn't let me do anything with the part that was left on the source server. I am just wandering what if it would happen on my live server... do I have to bring the mailbox from .PST file or there is another way? Thank you in advance. On Wed, 31 May 2006 09:49:02 -0700, Volodymyr <vg@a...

Exchange Shared Calendars and Notifications
I have a few shared calendars set up on my Exchange 5.5 server and when a user adds a appointment and wants to be reminded of the appointment in the shared calendar they recieve this message. " The reminder for %example% will not appear because the item is not in your Calendar or Tasks folder. Is this OK?" Is there something in Exchange to where I can change this to notify the owners of this calendar ?? No. That is a limitation of Exchange / Outlook. -- regards, Michael Abbaticchio MVP for Exchange Server http://exchange.mvps.org "RayM" <raven7241@hotmail.com>...

Entering Multiple Items in a Single Cell
In gmail, when I click 'Compose Mail' the cursor is placed in the 'To:' textbox. The behavior that takes place in this textbox is what i'd like to achieve in Excel. When I begin to type a contact name, a smart dropdown list presents all the contacts that begin with the text that i have typed. This dropdown refreshes with every keystroke I make. By default, the first item in the dropdown is always selected. If the first item is the right one, I can click the 'Tab' key and the contact's name is completed in the textbox. I could have also opted to arrow...

is not available or the message has left the Exchange organization
We are unable to track down a message that an Exchange user recieved an NDR. We are trying to track down a message that was sent from Entourage through Exchange Server 2003. When we enter the sender, recipient and server in the Message Tracking center and click on the results, every one says: "The tracking database on <name> is not available or the message has left the Exchange organization. Facility: Microsoft Exchange Management ID No: c1032751 Microsoft Exchange Management." Also, when we look in the senders SENT mail folder, we can find no instance of the messa...

Read Only access to mailbox?
I know that in Active Directory you can grant someon 'Full mailbox access' to another person's mailbox. Can you give Read Only access to another person's mailbox in AD, or do you have to do that through Outlook permissions with delegates or folder permissions? Thanks. On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 08:00:04 -0700, SilverICE <SilverICE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I know that in Active Directory you can grant someon 'Full mailbox access' to >another person's mailbox. Can you give Read Only access to another person's >mailbox in AD, or do you h...

Exchange 2003 Recoevery without Systemstate
My Exchange 2003 Raid-5 Menber Server crashes, the only Backup from this System was the Full Backup of the Exchange Informations Store, no systemstate Backup available. I set up the new Server (2003 plus Exch2003) and tried to restore the Exchange Database with ntbackup. This Restore fails with the 9635 Event. Any ideas how to restore my 6 GB Database. If you use RSG or you trying to restore to the original location, you should use exactly the same names and locations for the SG and Store, if not otherwise mentioned. also, On the Database tab of the Mailbox Store Properties dialog box for...

[OT] 1GB mailbox
i have find this site that offer 1 gb of space!! http://www.walla.com/ it's wonderful! "MMC" <ryuken_26@yahoo.it> said > i have find this site that offer 1 gb of space!! > > http://www.walla.com/ > > it's wonderful! > > No thanks. Since installing my SAN I now have a 10TB mailbox to play with. Andrew Mitchell <amitchell@removecasey.vic.gov.au> wrote in news:Xns95C7E0C461A29casey01@207.46.248.16: > No thanks. > Since installing my SAN I now have a 10TB mailbox to play with. Nice X-face! -- Arlo Clizer Exchange MVP FAQ...

Urgent questions about Exchange 2003
Hello: 1) How can I get the version of MS Exchange which is installed in my computer? (By a command or C++ code). 2) How could I automatically create a new public folder in MS Exchange 2003? Thanks a lot. Manuel. Code/dev-related issues will get a better response if posted to microsoft.public.exchange.development. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT -------------------------------- "Manu" <Manu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F5295DFE-5931-4C29-BF23-70585847268A@microsoft.com... > Hello: > > 1) How can I get the version of MS Exchange which is install...

Help with Gmail
I have tried to connect my gmail account to Outlook 2002. When i click the "test account settings" button, an error shows up that tells me "Sent test email message: Unable to sent test Message. Please verify the email address field." I am positive that the email address is typed in correctly, so whhy the error?! Thank in advance. Hello Laura You could try the autoconfiguration tool for Gmail. You can find it here http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=13276&query=outlook%202002&topic=&type=f&ctx=search CreloX << The most exciting...

cannot delete mailbox in 5.5
when i try to delete a mailbox i get the following error: "failure to delete mailbox" event id is 1203. it suggests to stop and re-start the services, but that does not correct the issue. any suggestion on how to remove the mailbox that is not needed? thx.. Any help from http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;178757 tim wrote: > when i try to delete a mailbox i get the following error: "failure to delete > mailbox" event id is 1203. it suggests to stop and re-start the services, but > that does not correct the issue. any suggestion on how ...

Mailbox Access
I use Veritas Backup Exec to performa backups of our information stores and user mailboxes. During the course of the backups I get warnings from some mailboxes about e-mails that are corrupt. My question is, how do I get to the e-mail/mailbox level to find out what is wrong with the particular message and if need be, eliminate them? Thanks you. http://mail.tekscan.com/nomailboxes.htm Bill Van Loon wrote: > I use Veritas Backup Exec to performa backups of our information stores and > user mailboxes. During the course of the backups I get warnings from some > mailboxes about e-...

Exchange Router configuration
I have setup the Exchange router, email is routing fine, but I was wondering if there was a way to have all emails relating to accounts/contact to get archived without having all emails sent to the CRM? or have unrelated emails purged? I want more than just emails sent from CRM in the history, but I don't want all the unrelated emails in the CRM. Is this possible? Thanks, Tareef Hi Tareef, As far as I know, there will be no solution, which is provieded and supported by microsoft. You can not select or have no choice for accounts/contacts etc. for incoming mails. -- Ich hoffe...

Exch 2000 to Exch 2003 migration and DC upgrade to 2003
We currently have 2 DC's running Windows 2000 Standard server and a member server running Windows 2000 Adv Server and Exchange 2000 Standard. All in a single AD domain. We would like to Upgrade our DC's to Windows 2003 Standard R2 Add a new member server running Windows 2003 R2 Enterprise and Exchange 2003 Enterprise. Remove the old Exchange server from the domain. Is there a required/preffered order in which the above steps are taken. That is should we 1. Upgrade the domain controllers to Windows 2003 R2 Standard 2 Add new member server running Windows 2003 Enterprise and install...

Granting Admins full rights to all Mailboxes
Hi In our company we wish for the Exchange Admins to be able to open any users mailbox. Since our upgrade to exchange 2003 we have lost that abillity. I have followed the steps in in q821897 to restore this functionallity. The steps did not work, members of Domain Admins still do not have the abillity to open users mailboxes. If anyone has any ideas I would love to hear them Thank mar ...