Mailbox Manager for 5.5

I am trying to use the Mailbox Manager to clean the
mailboxes in my organization.  It works the very first
time after installation, but then either through manually
starting the clean or using the scheduled scan method, it
doesn't work.  It runs, but it says that it processed 0
mailboxes.
After uninstall and re-install of Mailbox Manager, it
works again the first time, but then doesn't work again.

I'm using Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5 SP4 and have
installed the MM from SP4 CD.
0
bwaiser (1)

Make sure you don't have Outlook on the server. It has been known that
running Outlook (or any other programs running on the server that use MAPI)
will wipe-out or modify the profile used by Mailbox Manager.

Another step that has shown past success is to create a new dedicated
account that can be assigned service account permissions at the
org/site/config levels, and then install Mailbox Manager using the new
dedicated service account rather than an admin account. Though it doesn't
sound intuitive, it has worked for customers in the past that had the same
symptoms as yourself, despite the fact that they had the post-SP4 rollup
installed.

By the way, you can get the post SP4 roll-up from
309010 XADM: Exchange Server 5.5 Post-Service Pack 4 Mailbox Cleanup Agent
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=309010

Vincent Yim
Microsoft PSS

"Brian" <bwaiser@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I am trying to use the Mailbox Manager to clean the
> mailboxes in my organization.  It works the very first
> time after installation, but then either through manually
> starting the clean or using the scheduled scan method, it
> doesn't work.  It runs, but it says that it processed 0
> mailboxes.
> After uninstall and re-install of Mailbox Manager, it
> works again the first time, but then doesn't work again.
>
> I'm using Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5 SP4 and have
> installed the MM from SP4 CD.

0
vyim (3)

Migrating from 5.5 to 2k3
We are considering from moving from MSES 5.5 on NT4 to MSES 2003 on W2003 on a new server. We would also like to change the MSES Organisation name and W2003 domain name in the process. We would have to run W2003 in mixed mode as some NT4 servers will remain. We have about 50 users. What is the best method to do this? Thanks in advance David ...

user manager server unavailable
Hello, I have installed CRM 1.2 with SQL 2K on Win 2K3 Install was successful, however, when I go to crm deployment manager and then user manager, I get the following error: "The server localhost is not responding. This might happen if it is currently unavailable, it is not a Microsoft CRM server, or you do not have sufficient privileges to run User Manager..." I have added the server to the pre-win 2k user group in AD; I am able to connect to the web server and login as administrator just fine - nothing else works (even the exchange mail routing piece) any advice would be much a...

Creating a Mailbox
Hi all, Is it possible to create a mailbox within the Exchange System Manager, eg, info@companyname.com without having to create a user. Im currently using exchange 2003 TIA, James Not really. What is the problem? JD wrote: > Hi all, > > Is it possible to create a mailbox within the Exchange System Manager, eg, > info@companyname.com without having to create a user. > > Im currently using exchange 2003 > > TIA, > > James You cannot create a mailbox in Exchange 2003 without creating a user account associated with it. However, if you just want an SMTP ad...

Cannot remove Exch. 5.5 Server after migration
I am trying to remove my exchange 5.5 server from my organization after a successful migration to Exchange 2k3. I have had the 5.5 server shut down for several months to make sure everything worked without it. Now after following all the instructions in the technet article on how to remove it I get the follwing error when trying to delete it: "The server could not be deleted because some public folders were not successfully moved to a different server. You do not have the permissions required to complete the operation on the information store." I have all the public folders I need on...

User explicitly denied "Full Mailbox Access"
I have an administrator account "Mark" that is explicitly denied the Full Mailbox Access permission in "Mailbox Rights". I am able to grant other adminstrators access to the same mailbox, even domain users. It seem the user is inheriting the single Deny permission, but I can't see where from. The user who's mailbox I am trying to grant access to is the domain\users OU. Mark is automatically denied full mailbox access to all users, even if I turn off inheritance in the security tab. Help? Thanks everyone in advance. Is his account listed in the exchange deleg...

import from Excel to cash flow management transactions
would like to see an import function from Excel to the cash flow management transactions window ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=668a708b-ef61-43e3-b22a-4ba1...

Cost Variance posting in 7.5 vs 9.0
My client just upgraded from 7.5 to 9.0. When they do a PO shipment receipt for an item where a cost override exists, 9.0 is automatically making and posting cost variance adjustments to the GL. In 7.5, the adjustments printed on the journal but had to be made manually in GL. Is this new functionalty in 9.0? Is there a way to turn off posting to GL just for cost variances? Thanks! This is a new feature in version 9.0. One of the weaknesses of GP 8.0 and lower was the calculation of average costs in inventory. As you know, the average cost of an item will change when inventory is rec...

Exch 5.5 to 2003
Can anyone tell me in automating the move or copy of users mailbox from one domain (NT) to AD 2003 Native? Exmerge the best? Whats the fastest? Sample work / process would be great! thx. Exmerge is not the best way to migrate as you will loose single instance storage and your database will grow considerably. Upgrade existing domain to AD, introduce E2k3 to E55 site, move mailboxes one by one, leave E55 running for some time and then properly decommission it. Sammy wrote: > Can anyone tell me in automating the move or copy of users mailbox from one > domain (NT) to AD 2003 Nat...

mailbox limitations
Can anyone point me to any info on the size limitations for mailboxes & PST files..? I believe that beyond 2 GB MS says you're in a danger zone. I need further info to support our e-mail deletion policy PSTs have a limit of 2GB (corruption may happen even after 1GB). Mailboxes, on the other hand can be in the GB (but I wouldn't recommend it from an administrative standpoint). -- Nick Cavalancia MCSE/MCT/MCNE/MCNI nickc@remove-comsphere.com Comsphere - "Where Knowledge Transfer is Key" Web: http://www.comsphere.com Ph: 954.275.0114 Fax: 954.791.6763 "Mikeg"...

mailbox split during mailbox move :(
If the mailbox move process dies in the middle of the mailbox and there is half of the mailbox on the new server and the other half on the old server. Is it possible to connect those two again? I had one of my mailboxes do this to me on my test domain and I ended up deleting (Purging) it since it wouldn't let me do anything with the part that was left on the source server. I am just wandering what if it would happen on my live server... do I have to bring the mailbox from .PST file or there is another way? Thank you in advance. On Wed, 31 May 2006 09:49:02 -0700, Volodymyr <vg@a...

Is there a fle associated with additional mailboxes?
Is there a fle associated with additional mailboxes? Is there a file that keeps track of additional mailboxes that I have access to and are displayed in my outlook folder list? I want to know for migration reasons. Once migrated will I have to add the mailboxes again or is there a file that can be copied or even a utility that will make sure I do not lose any. I only have a few, but some of my co-workers are connected to as many as 15-20 I believe. Thanks for any help They are part of the profile and stored in the registry. See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/mru.htm - I don't rec...

Printing Problem #5
I've made a spread sheet where the cells contain text. At the begining of the cell I have a some text, then I used spaces to place a number at the end of the cell. Many cells are set up this way. On my screen I see exactly what I want. All cells are left justified and the numbers line up perfectly. When I print some cells have the number not spaced far enough to the right, while other cells have the numbers pushed over so far that if the particular cell has text wrapping turned on the cell becomes 2 lines in height. Note 1: Print preview shows the error, so I don't beleiv...

Read Only access to mailbox?
I know that in Active Directory you can grant someon 'Full mailbox access' to another person's mailbox. Can you give Read Only access to another person's mailbox in AD, or do you have to do that through Outlook permissions with delegates or folder permissions? Thanks. On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 08:00:04 -0700, SilverICE <SilverICE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I know that in Active Directory you can grant someon 'Full mailbox access' to >another person's mailbox. Can you give Read Only access to another person's >mailbox in AD, or do you h...

Microsoft Outlook 2003 client on a SBS 4.5,
When setting a new appointment in a shared calendar using a Microsoft Outlook 2003 client on a SBS 4.5, only the user who sets the appointment can view the appointment. The user who owns the calendar can only view hours after it was set. Sometimes that user can't view the appointment at all. In addition, the user which sets the appointment has problems viewing reoccurring events. Some of the reoccurring events are viewed by that user and some aren't. In news:D0A98849-59FC-46D8-904F-E370B385ACC9@microsoft.com, ?? <@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > When setting a ...

[OT] 1GB mailbox
i have find this site that offer 1 gb of space!! http://www.walla.com/ it's wonderful! "MMC" <ryuken_26@yahoo.it> said > i have find this site that offer 1 gb of space!! > > http://www.walla.com/ > > it's wonderful! > > No thanks. Since installing my SAN I now have a 10TB mailbox to play with. Andrew Mitchell <amitchell@removecasey.vic.gov.au> wrote in news:Xns95C7E0C461A29casey01@207.46.248.16: > No thanks. > Since installing my SAN I now have a 10TB mailbox to play with. Nice X-face! -- Arlo Clizer Exchange MVP FAQ...

.pst files #5
After I have archived my inbox folders into a .pst file, I try to open the archived folder and I get a message that the .pst file is not a personal file folder - and it will not open the archived folder. Any ideas? Where is the archived .pst file stored? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, todd asked: | After I have archived my inbox folders into a .pst file, I | try to open the...

Mailbox Access
I use Veritas Backup Exec to performa backups of our information stores and user mailboxes. During the course of the backups I get warnings from some mailboxes about e-mails that are corrupt. My question is, how do I get to the e-mail/mailbox level to find out what is wrong with the particular message and if need be, eliminate them? Thanks you. http://mail.tekscan.com/nomailboxes.htm Bill Van Loon wrote: > I use Veritas Backup Exec to performa backups of our information stores and > user mailboxes. During the course of the backups I get warnings from some > mailboxes about e-...

cannot delete mailbox in 5.5
when i try to delete a mailbox i get the following error: "failure to delete mailbox" event id is 1203. it suggests to stop and re-start the services, but that does not correct the issue. any suggestion on how to remove the mailbox that is not needed? thx.. Any help from http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;178757 tim wrote: > when i try to delete a mailbox i get the following error: "failure to delete > mailbox" event id is 1203. it suggests to stop and re-start the services, but > that does not correct the issue. any suggestion on how ...

integration manager
I'm trying to access a section of a source XML file (exported from Perfect Commerce) from a field script in an Integration Manager mapping. The ContactValue field is repeated several times and I can only access the first instance using the path SourceFields("ContactList.ContactInfo.ContactValue") Is it possible to use the SourceFields object to get to the email and fax instances of the ContactInfo field? Is there some other way? <ContactList> <ContactInfo> <ContactValue>555-555-5555</ContactValue> <ContactType>phone</C...

Granting Admins full rights to all Mailboxes
Hi In our company we wish for the Exchange Admins to be able to open any users mailbox. Since our upgrade to exchange 2003 we have lost that abillity. I have followed the steps in in q821897 to restore this functionallity. The steps did not work, members of Domain Admins still do not have the abillity to open users mailboxes. If anyone has any ideas I would love to hear them Thank mar ...

Checking mailbox usage
Hi, I'm using EX 2003 at the moment, and am pretty new to this, so this is probably really dumb question but... How can I find out the size of users' mailboxes from the server? I've looked everywhere, but can't seem to find it. We are running out of room on our mail server, and I want to find out who the biggest culprits are... Hope somebody can get back to me asap :) TIA Exchange System Manager | Administrative Groups | yourAdmin Group name | Servers | Your Server | your Storage Group Name | Mailbox Store | Mailboxes. Next to each mailbox in that store you'll see ...

Unable to access mailbox
Hi, I have suddenly encountered a problem with one of ourmailboxes (Exchange 2003 SP1), this is a monitored account where it is linked to a number of other mailboxes, but since last night, no one has any access to it. I can add the mailbox to my outlook profile, but when trying to open up the mailbox, I receive the error "Unable to expand the folder, the set of folders could not be opened. The informations tore could not be opened." I have tried with using the exchange primary service account (which had full acccess) as welll as seting a primary account for the account an...

Seeking boot manager that fits on a floppy
Would boot manager would you guys recommend that would fit on a floppy disk. b11_ wrote: > Would boot manager would you guys recommend that would fit on a floppy disk. it depends on which operating systems you wish to use I dual boot WinXP and Win98 with GAG. No problems. http://gag.sourceforge.net/ Gene b11_ wrote: >Would boot manager would you guys recommend that would fit on a floppy disk. -- Message posted via WindowsKB.com http://www.windowskb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/windows-98-general/201001/1 Thanks easymike I need that one in my TOOL BOX! "easym...

Exchange 5.5: 1 site, 2 servers
My continued quest to move to a new server with the Ed Crowley Method. I have added the new server to the existing site. Some mailboxes have been migrated over and those are working fine. The IMS was setup on the new server duplicating the settings of the IMS on the old server. The MX record (out where our DNS is hosted) was updated and the new server given a lower cost than the old server. Both IMS connections are still running. From what I can tell from the event long, the new server is accepting new connections (A new TCPIP connection has been made.....). If I send an email to a pe...

Move mailbox increases the size of mailboxes
Hi, Doing a migration of Exchange 2000 to 2003, where mailboxes on an Exchange 2000 server is being moved to a newly installed Exchange 2003 SP2 server. After moving about dozen of users, we seem to notice a 20% increase of the size of the mailbox on Exchange 2003 from what it was on Exchange 2000... Is there any explaination for this ???, maybe single message storage or ??? Thanks !!! Single instance storage will be broken during the move. Nue "thinkpad21" <thinkpad21@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:27C8816D-9CF9-4E2F-96B4-CD172226F3D8@microsoft.com.....