Mailbox Manager - Exclude specific boxes?

I tried posting this to a different group and got nothing back...

I've got a single server, single storage group Exchange 2003. I have 4
Recipient Policies:
Pri 1: main domain
Pri 2: other domains
Pri 3: Mailbox Cleanup
Lowest: Default Policy

The priority 3 policy (Mailbox Cleanup) is the only one that has
Mailbox Manager Settings. I have constructed a query as follows:
Find:
	"Exchange Recipients"
General Tab:
	Show these recipients: "Users with Exchange mailbox"
Storage Tab:
	"Mailboxes on any server"
Advanced Tab:
	Condition List: "Member Of   Is no  "CN=NoMailboxLimit,
CN=USERS, DC=mydomain, DC=COM"

The filter rule listed is:
(&(&(&(& (mailnickname=*) (|
(&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=user)(|(homeMDB=*)(msExchHomeServerName=*)))
)))(objectCategory=user)(!memberOf=CN=NoMailboxLimit,CN=Users,DC=mydomain,DC=com)))

When I run the the policy (as "Generate report only") the report shows
it's going to affect mailboxes that are in the "NoMailboxLimit" group.

How do I exclude certain mailboxes from the cleanup policy??

Q288115 is How to Exclude a Single Mailbox, Multiple Mailboxes from Mailbox
Manager.  I've gone through the process, but cannot get it to exclude.  I
have tried groups (you must REBUILD--not just update, the RUS).  Single
exclusion has also failed.  In the group policy, a couple of the mailboxes
were excluded, but not all.  Anyone else run into this?  Solutions?

Thanks,
Sandy

"Brad Shapiro" wrote:

> I tried posting this to a different group and got nothing back...
>
> I've got a single server, single storage group Exchange 2003. I have 4
> Recipient Policies:
> Pri 1: main domain
> Pri 2: other domains
> Pri 3: Mailbox Cleanup
> Lowest: Default Policy
>
> The priority 3 policy (Mailbox Cleanup) is the only one that has
> Mailbox Manager Settings. I have constructed a query as follows:
> Find:
> 	"Exchange Recipients"
> General Tab:
> 	Show these recipients: "Users with Exchange mailbox"
> Storage Tab:
> 	"Mailboxes on any server"
> Advanced Tab:
> 	Condition List: "Member Of   Is no  "CN=NoMailboxLimit,
> CN=USERS, DC=mydomain, DC=COM"
>
> The filter rule listed is:
> (&(&(&(& (mailnickname=*) (|
> (&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=user)(|(homeMDB=*)(msExchHomeServerName=*)))
> )))(objectCategory=user)(!memberOf=CN=NoMailboxLimit,CN=Users,DC=mydomain,DC=com)))
>
> When I run the the policy (as "Generate report only") the report shows
> it's going to affect mailboxes that are in the "NoMailboxLimit" group.
>
> How do I exclude certain mailboxes from the cleanup policy??

0
M (188)

user manager server unavailable
Hello, I have installed CRM 1.2 with SQL 2K on Win 2K3 Install was successful, however, when I go to crm deployment manager and then user manager, I get the following error: "The server localhost is not responding. This might happen if it is currently unavailable, it is not a Microsoft CRM server, or you do not have sufficient privileges to run User Manager..." I have added the server to the pre-win 2k user group in AD; I am able to connect to the web server and login as administrator just fine - nothing else works (even the exchange mail routing piece) any advice would be much a...

Query with drop down box
Hi, i wanted to create a query that would run and like a parameter query you have enter a criteria and then run the query, is there a way of creating a query that provides you with a drop down box or list so that you can choose the values/criteria you want? Thanks Sure, start by opening a form! and in the combo box after update event, write code to start the query, getting the parameter from the combo box in the form. So, instead of starting with a query, you start with a form, but the end result is the same... you get a parameter of a query read from a form's combo box. Egg-c...

Creating a Mailbox
Hi all, Is it possible to create a mailbox within the Exchange System Manager, eg, info@companyname.com without having to create a user. Im currently using exchange 2003 TIA, James Not really. What is the problem? JD wrote: > Hi all, > > Is it possible to create a mailbox within the Exchange System Manager, eg, > info@companyname.com without having to create a user. > > Im currently using exchange 2003 > > TIA, > > James You cannot create a mailbox in Exchange 2003 without creating a user account associated with it. However, if you just want an SMTP ad...

User explicitly denied "Full Mailbox Access"
I have an administrator account "Mark" that is explicitly denied the Full Mailbox Access permission in "Mailbox Rights". I am able to grant other adminstrators access to the same mailbox, even domain users. It seem the user is inheriting the single Deny permission, but I can't see where from. The user who's mailbox I am trying to grant access to is the domain\users OU. Mark is automatically denied full mailbox access to all users, even if I turn off inheritance in the security tab. Help? Thanks everyone in advance. Is his account listed in the exchange deleg...

import from Excel to cash flow management transactions
would like to see an import function from Excel to the cash flow management transactions window ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=668a708b-ef61-43e3-b22a-4ba1...

Using a Check Box as a Condition
In tblHorseDetails I have a 4 Fields [HorseID] Number [OwnerID] Number [OwnerPercent] Number [Invocing] Yes/No, (Check Box) Effectively you set your horse up with one or more Owners with there percent in that 1 Horse I am trying to do is that when that record has a False in Invoicing it will not create an Invoice Below is the Code for Distributing the Invoice at the end of the month Or do you think it has to been done in subSetInvoiceValues 16 row down Any help would be much appreciated...............Bob Private Sub cmdSave_Click() With recInvoice Dim recHorseOwners As New ADODB...

mailbox limitations
Can anyone point me to any info on the size limitations for mailboxes & PST files..? I believe that beyond 2 GB MS says you're in a danger zone. I need further info to support our e-mail deletion policy PSTs have a limit of 2GB (corruption may happen even after 1GB). Mailboxes, on the other hand can be in the GB (but I wouldn't recommend it from an administrative standpoint). -- Nick Cavalancia MCSE/MCT/MCNE/MCNI nickc@remove-comsphere.com Comsphere - "Where Knowledge Transfer is Key" Web: http://www.comsphere.com Ph: 954.275.0114 Fax: 954.791.6763 "Mikeg"...

mailbox split during mailbox move :(
If the mailbox move process dies in the middle of the mailbox and there is half of the mailbox on the new server and the other half on the old server. Is it possible to connect those two again? I had one of my mailboxes do this to me on my test domain and I ended up deleting (Purging) it since it wouldn't let me do anything with the part that was left on the source server. I am just wandering what if it would happen on my live server... do I have to bring the mailbox from .PST file or there is another way? Thank you in advance. On Wed, 31 May 2006 09:49:02 -0700, Volodymyr <vg@a...

Is there a fle associated with additional mailboxes?
Is there a fle associated with additional mailboxes? Is there a file that keeps track of additional mailboxes that I have access to and are displayed in my outlook folder list? I want to know for migration reasons. Once migrated will I have to add the mailboxes again or is there a file that can be copied or even a utility that will make sure I do not lose any. I only have a few, but some of my co-workers are connected to as many as 15-20 I believe. Thanks for any help They are part of the profile and stored in the registry. See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/mru.htm - I don't rec...

Read Only access to mailbox?
I know that in Active Directory you can grant someon 'Full mailbox access' to another person's mailbox. Can you give Read Only access to another person's mailbox in AD, or do you have to do that through Outlook permissions with delegates or folder permissions? Thanks. On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 08:00:04 -0700, SilverICE <SilverICE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I know that in Active Directory you can grant someon 'Full mailbox access' to >another person's mailbox. Can you give Read Only access to another person's >mailbox in AD, or do you h...

select multiple fields in a lookup box or text box
I need to find the controls to add multiple selections from a list box or text box or combo box within a data access page....

[OT] 1GB mailbox
i have find this site that offer 1 gb of space!! http://www.walla.com/ it's wonderful! "MMC" <ryuken_26@yahoo.it> said > i have find this site that offer 1 gb of space!! > > http://www.walla.com/ > > it's wonderful! > > No thanks. Since installing my SAN I now have a 10TB mailbox to play with. Andrew Mitchell <amitchell@removecasey.vic.gov.au> wrote in news:Xns95C7E0C461A29casey01@207.46.248.16: > No thanks. > Since installing my SAN I now have a 10TB mailbox to play with. Nice X-face! -- Arlo Clizer Exchange MVP FAQ...

Mailbox Access
I use Veritas Backup Exec to performa backups of our information stores and user mailboxes. During the course of the backups I get warnings from some mailboxes about e-mails that are corrupt. My question is, how do I get to the e-mail/mailbox level to find out what is wrong with the particular message and if need be, eliminate them? Thanks you. http://mail.tekscan.com/nomailboxes.htm Bill Van Loon wrote: > I use Veritas Backup Exec to performa backups of our information stores and > user mailboxes. During the course of the backups I get warnings from some > mailboxes about e-...

How do i make Combo box items non editable?
Yes, it may be simple but i do not know how to accomplish this. It doesn't seem like this can be done through the property page as one would expect. I really wonder why MFC makes it so hard to do anything usefull fast. Thanks for any help. JB Bredal Jensen wrote: > Yes, it may be simple but i do not know how to accomplish this. > It doesn't seem like this can be done through the property page as > one would expect. I really wonder why MFC makes it so > hard to do anything usefull fast. It is quite easy once you know how. you have two ways of doing it, With the edit...

cannot delete mailbox in 5.5
when i try to delete a mailbox i get the following error: "failure to delete mailbox" event id is 1203. it suggests to stop and re-start the services, but that does not correct the issue. any suggestion on how to remove the mailbox that is not needed? thx.. Any help from http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;178757 tim wrote: > when i try to delete a mailbox i get the following error: "failure to delete > mailbox" event id is 1203. it suggests to stop and re-start the services, but > that does not correct the issue. any suggestion on how ...

Checking mailbox usage
Hi, I'm using EX 2003 at the moment, and am pretty new to this, so this is probably really dumb question but... How can I find out the size of users' mailboxes from the server? I've looked everywhere, but can't seem to find it. We are running out of room on our mail server, and I want to find out who the biggest culprits are... Hope somebody can get back to me asap :) TIA Exchange System Manager | Administrative Groups | yourAdmin Group name | Servers | Your Server | your Storage Group Name | Mailbox Store | Mailboxes. Next to each mailbox in that store you'll see ...

integration manager
I'm trying to access a section of a source XML file (exported from Perfect Commerce) from a field script in an Integration Manager mapping. The ContactValue field is repeated several times and I can only access the first instance using the path SourceFields("ContactList.ContactInfo.ContactValue") Is it possible to use the SourceFields object to get to the email and fax instances of the ContactInfo field? Is there some other way? <ContactList> <ContactInfo> <ContactValue>555-555-5555</ContactValue> <ContactType>phone</C...

Granting Admins full rights to all Mailboxes
Hi In our company we wish for the Exchange Admins to be able to open any users mailbox. Since our upgrade to exchange 2003 we have lost that abillity. I have followed the steps in in q821897 to restore this functionallity. The steps did not work, members of Domain Admins still do not have the abillity to open users mailboxes. If anyone has any ideas I would love to hear them Thank mar ...

Seeking boot manager that fits on a floppy
Would boot manager would you guys recommend that would fit on a floppy disk. b11_ wrote: > Would boot manager would you guys recommend that would fit on a floppy disk. it depends on which operating systems you wish to use I dual boot WinXP and Win98 with GAG. No problems. http://gag.sourceforge.net/ Gene b11_ wrote: >Would boot manager would you guys recommend that would fit on a floppy disk. -- Message posted via WindowsKB.com http://www.windowskb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/windows-98-general/201001/1 Thanks easymike I need that one in my TOOL BOX! "easym...

Unable to access mailbox
Hi, I have suddenly encountered a problem with one of ourmailboxes (Exchange 2003 SP1), this is a monitored account where it is linked to a number of other mailboxes, but since last night, no one has any access to it. I can add the mailbox to my outlook profile, but when trying to open up the mailbox, I receive the error "Unable to expand the folder, the set of folders could not be opened. The informations tore could not be opened." I have tried with using the exchange primary service account (which had full acccess) as welll as seting a primary account for the account an...

Move mailbox increases the size of mailboxes
Hi, Doing a migration of Exchange 2000 to 2003, where mailboxes on an Exchange 2000 server is being moved to a newly installed Exchange 2003 SP2 server. After moving about dozen of users, we seem to notice a 20% increase of the size of the mailbox on Exchange 2003 from what it was on Exchange 2000... Is there any explaination for this ???, maybe single message storage or ??? Thanks !!! Single instance storage will be broken during the move. Nue "thinkpad21" <thinkpad21@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:27C8816D-9CF9-4E2F-96B4-CD172226F3D8@microsoft.com.....

Domain Admins + Full Mailbox Rights
Hi, I'm running Exchange 2003 and would like to give Domain Admins Full Mailbox access. I can give Full access rights Domain Admins in ADUC \ Mailbox rights, but then if want to remove the check from Domain Admins Full - Mailbox I can't. The tick shows as grey instead. Any ideas please? I think the users object is inhereting permissions from its parent. Regards, Kashif "PL3" wrote: > Hi, > > I'm running Exchange 2003 and would like to give Domain Admins Full Mailbox > access. I can give Full access rights Domain Admins in ADUC \ Mailbox rights, >...

mailboxes for multiple domains
I'm trying to set up several of my users to be able to receive email addressed to either of our two domains. The element that I don't get is how the user can tell to which address the email message was sent, user@acme1.com or user@acme2.com. I have already added the second domain's SMTP to a test account, and can receive mail sent to user@acme2.com just fine, but I need to see that that is the case. Any help is greatly appreciated. On 23 Aug 2005 11:18:54 -0700, mathew.schreiber@gmail.com wrote: >I'm trying to set up several of my users to be able to receive email >a...

Time-Based Wait in Workflow Manager
I want to automatically create a task for an opportunity 1 day before an appointment date (I have not yet created/used a field for this) that is entered for that opportunity. The "Time-Based Wait" in the Workflow Manager seems to be the best tool to do this, but the "createdon" field is the only one that seems to be available to select in a time-based wait. I see that there are several fields with datetime datatype in the Opportunity schema, so I expected these fields to appear as options in the time-based wait as well. Any suggestions? -- Marc Wojtowicz ...

Integration Manager #9
When I open an Integration in IM, I receive an error. ** Invalid Procedure call or argument Source : CBOMlib.StandAloneRecordset.IPersistvariant_load Message: Invalid Procedure call or argument Number : 5 ** I receive this message on 3 workstations in Windows 2000 and XP. I have 5 others workstation where IM is OK. What can I do to correct the problem. My guess would be to look at permissions to the im.mdb file. Do the users have appropriate access on the network? shane "Jeff" wrote: > When I open an Integration in IM, I receive an error. > > ** > Invalid Proc...