Mailbox Manager and Recurring Appointments

We've got some serious performance problems which manifest themselves in
Outlook caused by the sheer quantity of items in user's Calendars. We want to
run Mailbox Manager to remove all Calendar appointments over 2 years old from
our Exchange 2003 servers. However, when we've tested it Mailbox Manager
seems to completely ignore any recurring items, even those that have
finished. This means we're potentially stuck with years worth of recurring
appointments in Exchange. Does anyone know if this is by design, or if
there's a way around this, or can suggest any other tools that might help us?

Thanks in advance!

Pete
0
MSPlats (3)

On Tue, 14 Mar 2006 04:20:30 -0800, MSPlats
<MSPlats@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>We've got some serious performance problems which manifest themselves in
>Outlook caused by the sheer quantity of items in user's Calendars. We want to
>run Mailbox Manager to remove all Calendar appointments over 2 years old from
>our Exchange 2003 servers. However, when we've tested it Mailbox Manager
>seems to completely ignore any recurring items, even those that have
>finished. This means we're potentially stuck with years worth of recurring
>appointments in Exchange. Does anyone know if this is by design, or if
>there's a way around this, or can suggest any other tools that might help us?
>
>Thanks in advance!
>
>Pete

I believe that is by design.

You can try sorting the appointments in the calendar and manually
delete or use the built-in archiving in Outlook. Not sure if that
grabs recurring appointments either.
Another option is try Exmerge.

0
adavid (8731)
3/14/2006 2:01:23 PM
Thanks for the response Andy. We're after something automatic, so that our
10,000+ users don't have to spend time manually removing items - and more to
the point accidentally deleting meetings and then needing a restore! ExMerge
is an interesting idea - we'll have a look at that.

"Andy David - MVP" wrote:

> On Tue, 14 Mar 2006 04:20:30 -0800, MSPlats
> <MSPlats@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >We've got some serious performance problems which manifest themselves in
> >Outlook caused by the sheer quantity of items in user's Calendars. We want to
> >run Mailbox Manager to remove all Calendar appointments over 2 years old from
> >our Exchange 2003 servers. However, when we've tested it Mailbox Manager
> >seems to completely ignore any recurring items, even those that have
> >finished. This means we're potentially stuck with years worth of recurring
> >appointments in Exchange. Does anyone know if this is by design, or if
> >there's a way around this, or can suggest any other tools that might help us?
> >
> >Thanks in advance!
> >
> >Pete
>

> I believe that is by design.
>
> You can try sorting the appointments in the calendar and manually
> delete or use the built-in archiving in Outlook. Not sure if that
> grabs recurring appointments either.
> Another option is try Exmerge.

0
MSPlats (3)

Mailbox Permissions
Having read through numerous posts, it seems my request may be the opposite to most others: Exchange 2003: As domain administrator, I am able to "Open Other User's Folder" and get their inbox open in my Outlook. I need to prevent access to mailboxes to anyone other than the owner and maybe any other system required entities. We are in the financial sector, and are heavily regulated. This goes against our security policies. I can see where I might remove permissions (mailbox store>properties>security>, however, I am concerned that by making changes I might break someth...

Sync between Sent Items-mailbox when using OWA and Sent Items in P
Dear Sir In my office I use outlook connected to exchange server through a LAN, where I send and receive emails normally. I use Personal Folders so I find all received emails in Inbox and all sent emails in Sent Items of the personal folder. At weekend I close my outlook before I go home in order to keep all my received emails in the mail box of the server, I use Outlook Web Access (OWA) connected to the exchange server through the internet where I send and receive email normally and I find all the received emails in the Inbox and all the sent emails in the Sent Items of the...

Enterprize Manager
When we open a table in enterprize manager or ssms, is this a connected or disconnected model? Meaning, does this block updates to this table? Thanks in advance RG (nobody@nowhere.com) writes: > When we open a table in enterprize manager or ssms, is this a connected or > disconnected model? Meaning, does this block updates to this table? Once that data has been loaded you don't block updates. But you should not use this casually in a production table. If you click open table and the table has 10 million rows, you will cause problems. -- Erland Sommarskog, SQ...

'Restore to Mailbox' is greyed out in the redirection tab.HELP
Even I selected only one single mailbox. I am using Veritas BackupExec 7.3. The account I am logon has the local administrator rights. Any suggestions? Thanks. Bernard Jen ...

I need to give the whole mailbox of A to B
Hi all I have exc2003, outlook2003, win xp and need to do the following. User A was in the company and have a 550MB mailbox. She is now gone and user B has been appointed in her place. How do i get all User A's mail to user B. User B log on with different credentials onto the domain in winxp. Thanks guys This might work for you. You could give User B full mailbox access to User A (AD permissions for User A), then get User B to open User A mailbox in Outlook (Tools - Email Accounts - Next - Change - More Settings - Advanced - Add). From there they will have a set of folders for...

Template for Managing accts while employee is on vacation
I am trying to develop a Excel Template or some other MSO based Template for my company so when my employees go on vacation tthere is a standard sheet for those covering their accounts can get the key information for each client. Any ideas out there? ...

Exchange 2003 individual mailbox restoration
The previous administrator created a mailbox associated with one user. I removed the mailbox from the user and wanted to retore or connect if you will the removed mailbox to another user. I thought I could do this using the mailbox recovery center but I am unable to find the mailbox that I removed. I am new to exchange so I just figure I am missing a step somewhere. I know I could recover the mailbox from tape but it still does not solve the problem of moving the box from one user to another. Any help out there? -- Terri Touchton Systems Administrator Cambridge Maryland If you go i...

Resource Management
I am currently running Exchange 2003 and Office 2003 on all workstation. I created a new user called Main Conference Room and Engineering Conference Room. I logged in as each user in Outlook and set the automatically accept meeting requests and decline conflicts. Everything appears to be working fine. My question is, is there a way to have Outlook default the Main Conference room as a Resource instead of the Required Attendee? ...

Deny emails for Room Mailbox
When setting up a Room Mailbox in Exchange 2007, is there a setting to reject regular emails? When creating a meeting request a lot of users still add in the Room mailbox as an attendee and not a resource. If there's not a setting what's the best way to accomplish this? A rule? On Tue, 6 Mar 2007 12:47:12 -0800, cannedsoda <cannedsoda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >When setting up a Room Mailbox in Exchange 2007, is there a setting to reject >regular emails? When creating a meeting request a lot of users still add in >the Room mailbox as an attendee and ...

Making appointments
I have 3 users using the Web Interface of CRM and two laptop users on the road using the Outlook interface, they sync up in the evening when they get home. Appointments will be made by the girls in the office and also by the guys on the road making their own appointments. How do I best manage this situation with CRM to avoid double booking etc. Many thanks We have a Add-On the "GroupCalendar for MS CRM 1.2" which is made to address this problem. It allows your girls in the office to view the appointments of other users in the WebClient. SO it should be no problem for your gir...

Message larger than system limit or mailbox is full
One our users had a problem where someone was trying to email him a 12MB zip file, but the email got bounced back to the sender with: This message is larger than the current system limit or the recipient's mailbox is full. Create a shorter message body or remove attachments and try sending it again. Our receive message size is set to a maximum of 20,000KB (i.e. 20MB), and there are no limits set on the user's mailbox. Are there any other limits that I might be missing somewhere? The exchange logs indicate that the message came in and a NDR was sent out. The appli...

how to access exchange2k3 user's mailbox
how to access exchange2k3 all user's mailbox��just like exchang2k's M DISK! See http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;821897 Drive M: has been removed by default from Exchange 2003; you really don't need to add it back. :) -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links, and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "iori" <iori.zang@ferventwheels.com> wrote in message news:%23qYMSyGBGHA.2512@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > how to access exchange2k3 all user's mailbox��just like exchang2k's M > DISK! > > > ...

Exchange directory name of mailbox has heap of numbers, eg. jsmith2356634346
I have added some text from another post as people will probably search on something out of the exmerge log to find this post. Does anyone know why Exchange 2003 will automatically adds extra numbers to the end of a directory for a mailbox, when you look at the AD user profile, it all looks fine, mailbox name looks fine. The only thing that i can see that it effects is exmerge when it is looking for a PST with a heap of numbers at the end. Does any one have the answer? The simple solution is to rename the pst to what the directory name is, but that dont answer my question of why the number...

Integration Manager #11
I am looking at setting up an Integration to import Cash Receipts. National Accounts are used. The Customer sends remittance from Head Office and doesn't list the Child Accounts. Is there a script to use that compares the document number on the report to the document number in the Databse and assign the correct Child to the payment. -- Mick Mick, Here is a script you could use in the Destination Mapping window in the Document Number field. Change the connection string and SourceFields("Query1.Invoiceno") as needed. HS ----------------------------------------- www.DynExtra....

Integration manager and customer fields
In GP 9.0, using the Integration Manager, is it possible to import into user defined fields created in the Human resources cards? Right now, we are integrating into the Payroll master but can not seem to import into any of the custom created fields. Thanks. Integration Manager does not have an adapter that will import into the HR fields. There may be a 3rd Party tool available - check ISV Central, they may have something there. "Jerry Flatto" wrote: > In GP 9.0, using the Integration Manager, is it possible to import into user > defined fields created in the Human res...

Veritas version 10 "Exchange Mailbox backup" has slowed way down
WIndows 2003/Exchange 2003 environment. Exchange server is across the LAN from the server with the tape drive. I know the Mailbox back is slower anyway, however My total back up job used to take 8 hours. The one day it jumped to 10:30 hours. There was no increase in data size being backup. (total 300GB) If you look in the Veritas logs it is clear that ALL the time increase can be cresdited to the mailbox part of Exchange increasing by like 600% in time to back it up. Went from like 45 minutes to 230 minutes in one day! Now, it has stayed there consistenly (10:30 hours) for 2 wee...

CSV Import with Data Migration Manager
Hi Everyone, I am trying to migrate from goldmine 6.5 to Microsoft CRM 4.0 and I am having some trouble at the final hurdle. I have imported all company data as Accounts, then I import individual people as Contacts, but I leave the Company Name column in and map it to parent customer -> account name. This works to a degree, but for some reason will only accept 1 of each company, so if there are multiple contacts under one account then it takes the first one and rejects the rest. It looks like the relationship is stuck at 1-1 for the import, but I can then manually change it afterwards, s...

mailbox manger
Hi all Running Exchange 2003 Sp2. I think i have a rough recipient policy, as i get a detailed report emailed to me for a few inboxes, but when i check my recipient policys none of them have mailbox manger settings all recipient policies are for email address stamping only. So why am i getting this report from System attendant mailbox? whats also strange is the report only runs againts 100 mailboxes, i have 400 on my server. I need to know what is generating this to run? Thanks ...

Re-associating users with mailbox
I am using Exchange 2003. I'm new to it, and have been using it about two weeks. I have accidentally deleted several users that have mailboxes. The mailboxes remained intact, but when I re-created the users in AD, new mailboxes were created as well, with the same names of course. How can I re-associate the users with their original mailboxes, most of which contain material that needs to accessed? Thanks for your time. Hi Holo20, Within Active Directory Users and Computers, identify the newly created user accounts. These accounts are going to be connected to the old mailboxes, so...

Customizing warning message sent when mailbox has reached certain size.
Hi All, Just wondering if there is a way to customize the warning message that Exchange sends when a user has reached a limit? Currently we have the warning message sent @ 200 MB but actual send/receive is stopped @ 300 MB. The message sent by Exchange is confusing in that it tells the user that they have reached a limit when in actuality we only want to give them a warning that they are getting close to the limit... Hope that makes sense ;-) Any help would be much appreciated! Thnx. Tom no way to do this without hiring Microsoft Consulting Services... "Tom Kostis" &l...

Multi Line SOP Transaction using Integration Manager
I am using Integration Manager 7.0 to try and load a Sales Quote that has several hundred line items. I am using 2 text files as the source. The first is the header file which hasthe SOP Doc Number and other fields. The second is the detail file, and has the SOP Doc Number, item qty, date site etc. I am joining them by SOP Doc Number in the query relationships window, and checking Option 3 in the relationship type window. The destination is Sales Transactions and I am using the Dynamics/eEnterprise 7.0 adapter. (Not the SQL optimized) When I run the integration, only the first recor...

mailbox name not allowed or chunk too large
Hello - I have a client who can't email us. Everytime he does, it bounces back to him and he gets this error message: <IHA4.IHA-CENTRAL.local #5.5.0 smtp;553 Requested action not >> taken: mailbox name not allowed or chunk too large - on relay of: MAIL >> FROM:<Mike_O'Donnell@theirdomain.com>> I found this link: http://www.faqs.org/qa/rfcc-193.html FW: DELIVERY FAILURE: 553 Requested action not taken: mailbox name not allowed or chunk too large. Apostrophies (') not supported in smtp address (reply to) by recepient server. So, looking at the erro...

moving mailboxes across sites 5.5 to 2003
Hello, I would migrate an consolidate a Exchange 5.5 Site to a existing Exchange 2003 Administrative group. The source and destination domain is Windows 2000. In the destination Domain there are a Exchange 2003 SP1 Cluster. The domains are childdomains in a forest. When I use Exchange Task and Move a mailbox from the remotedomain, then I get back a Error 0xc1041724. The Account have in both domains the right domain Administrator an on the remote Exchange 5.5 Site also Exchange Service Account permission. In the Exchange 2003 Administrative Group also delegate Admin-Rights. I create a...

Problem w/ Task Manager
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01CB4835.4C042E00 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am running a laptop with WIndows XP SP3. I am not sure what changed or = happened but my task manager now only shows the processes tab. The tabs = are mising for me to change views as well as the title bar for my task = manager windo and the menu bar i also gone. How can I correct it? Thanks ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01CB4835.4C042E00 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8...

manage messages
Hi, I created a folder called SPAM under folder inbox for each Outlook mailboxes, I use this folder to relocate the email spam, my question is , it is possible to create a rules on the server Exchange 2000 to delete emails on my folder spam older than 1 month on all mailboxes ? I create this task on my Exchange 2000 not on the client Outlook thanks Ben You should be able to add them as custom folder types in Mailbox Manager (just make sure you enter the exact name). Here's a link on using the Mailbox Manager: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF012.html -- Neil Hobson Exc...