Mailbox Management

Hi
I have created a Recipiant Policy - Mailbox Management with the filter mail=user@domain.com an
When starting the Mailbox management process and its done I can see that 4 other mailboxes are also running this policy. In the log I can see that these mailboxes are using 'Default Policy' and then all folders are listed
The Default Policy is used to create addresses for new users and the Mailbox Management is not marked
Any ideas about this

0
anonymous (74722)

Hello Stefan

I dont even fully understand you question, how many policies do you have and what are they intented to do ... what 4 other mailboxes ???

I suppose you create a Mailbox Management policy that will be used for a single user ??

Just note that the "mail" is the Field "E-mail" visible in the General tab of user properties (aka not enforced unique

When you created your Mailbox Management Policy, the search result, did that give back the correct user(s) ?

Make sure you used the correct LDAP filte
for example for a single user
(&(objectClass=person)(sAMAccountName=<Value of Pre Windows 2000 Logon UserName>)
Or use the attribute userPrincipalName, but use something that is guranteed to be unique .

Greetz

Dirk
0
anonymous (74722)
4/23/2004 11:46:01 AM
Its only one policy for this job  and the filter gives me the mailbox i want (When using the Find Now
So the log should only report one mailbox that was processed
When I get the report it tells me that 5 mailboxes were processed?!
and when you verify the log, you can see that only the mailbox specified in policy was initiated by that policy, the other 4 mailboxes was initiated by 'Default Policy'?!? and still the report shows me folder status for all of them..
The default policy is a standard address policy..
Very weird...
0
anonymous (74722)
4/23/2004 12:01:04 PM
Hello Stefan

Very weird indeed .... I just verified these settings in my environment and everything works fine ... I'm using E2K SP 3 on W2 SP4 ... Maybe looking at the attributes of the Default Policy through LDAP might turn something up ????

Is it the standard Default Policy or did you delete it at some time and recreate it

Kinda interested in the solution, so if you resolve this matter, can you let me know

Greetz

Dirk
0
anonymous (74722)
4/23/2004 1:21:03 PM
Its the original 'Default Policy', just changed the smtp address to %g.%s@domain.com
I let you know if I find the reason for this...
0
anonymous (74722)

Move OWA emails to new mailbox
I have an OWA account where they are change their email address. I know I can get new emails to them but how can I get emails that are stored on the server moved to the new OWA account. On 14 Jul 2006 11:45:08 -0700, wcutler@gmail.com wrote: >I have an OWA account where they are change their email address. I >know I can get new emails to them but how can I get emails that are >stored on the server moved to the new OWA account. Explain that again, you don't make sense here, even if you did ask the question three times. On 14 Jul 2006 11:45:08 -0700, wcutler@gmail.com wrote: ...

Report Manager add-in on excel 2003
Hi, I tried to install add-in Report Manager but only I found it fo excel 2002. I wanted install for excel 2003 but it doesn�t work. Does somebody knows if exist this add-in for excel 03 ? thank yo -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I don't use xl2003, but there have been posts by xl2003 users saying that this xl2002 addin works ok in xl2003. You may want to try downloading it again or post back with more information about how it didn't work--download problems, installation problems, or actual problems when running it. "loparque <" wrote: > > Hi, ...

is contact manager for outlook 2003 good for shared contacts and distributionlist?
how about shared calendars? Your experience and expertise is well appreciated. oops , did not see the other posting. "learner" <learner@nomail.nil> wrote in message news:usethUgQFHA.648@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > how about shared calendars? > > Your experience and expertise is well appreciated. > ...

Exchange 2003 Mailboxes / Timestamps
Is it possible to determine what time an Exchange 2003 mailbox was created? I know it is possible to determine what time a user account is created (on the Object tab in Active Directory Users and Computers), but do not know how to find out what time the account was mail enabled. Thanks in advance, On Wed, 25 Oct 2006 15:31:01 -0700, chrsta <chrsta@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is it possible to determine what time an Exchange 2003 mailbox was created? I >know it is possible to determine what time a user account is created (on the >Object tab in Active Directory Use...

Moving Mailboxes Problem Excahnge 2010
I am not able to move certain mailboxes to our new exchange 2010 server. I get the error message: Error: Active Directory operation failed on {Domain Controller Name}. This error is not retriable. Additional information: Insufficient access rights to perform the operation. Active directory response: 00002098: SecErr: DSID-03150E8A, problem 4003 (INSUFF_ACCESS_RIGHTS), data 0 The user has insufficient access rights. I even tried using the main Domain Admin account and it still will not move the box. I have to go in manually and cancel the request. I have receiced thi...

Conflict recovering old mailbox
I have a problem with an old deleted mailbox and a new mailbox. At some level they must share the same DN because if I try to reconnect the old mailbox (Jobs) to a different user it informs me that the "DN/...CN/Jobs" "The specified value is already in use by Jobs". I created a new user, Jobs2. I deleted Jobs and the new mailbox. I can reattach either the old or new mailbox to Jobs2 but when I try to reconnect the other mailbox I receive the same error as above with Jobs2 listed. Is there a way I can use adsi edit or Exchange raw to reassociate this mailbox with a d...

Exchange Router / Deployment Manager
Hi, we have two diffrent issues with CRM 3.0. (But i think they belong togehter, perhaps?) 1. In Deployment Manager i can't browse the domain. (all windows are empty) But i can add users via web interface. 2. On the Exchange -> CRM E-Mail Router -> All users which i have added via Web GUI generate a "Failure" by locating the CRM Users with the Rule Deployment Wizard Thanks for your help! Have you managed to resolve this issue as we're facing the same problem. Any help would be gratefully received. Many thanks, Nick. "TN" wrote: > Hi, > &g...

Domain Admin access to Mailboxes
Is there a way that members of the Domain/Enterprise Admins group can be restricted from not only accessing other users' mailbox folders, but also from being able to grant themselves access to those folders? Thanks! -db No. Admins can do pretty much anything they want. Enable auditing, don't let anyone have the default domain admin password, give each admin their own regular user account for everyday use, and an admin-equivalent account for occasions where it's needed. Force complex passwords and regular password changes. And, of course, hire only admins you trust. Dave B. w...

Huge Internet Mail Service Mailbox
I have noticed that my Internet Mail Service mailbox has 450MB of messages. The default account is listed as 'Administrator', but the administrator mailbox is empty. Does anyone know how to access the mailbox and then clear the stored messages down. The properties page for the internet mail service mailbox is exactly the same as the administrator mailbox and so the default account cannot be changed. This is causing a space issue on one of the disks on the server - can anyone help? http://exchange.mvps.org/how_to_access_ims_mailbox_frames.htm Gotta love our MVPs. Thanks guys ...

Customers Quotation Management (Open Bids)
I am currently using quickbooks in my company and we plan on getting GP. Quickbooks has a feature where you can generate the customers project Estimate (Quotation) and submit it to the client by creating a "job" for a specific "customer". You can then go and update the status of that "job" by selecting from a drop down menu: Awarded, Lost, In progress, Completed. And you can specify the start and completion dates, and if it is lost, you can state what the reasons were. This estimate or "quotation" is later on used as your base for budgeting and ...

Exchange 2003 error MSExchangeIS Mailbox Event ID 1173
All, Any idea on how to track down this folder within the mailbox store so I can repair the view? Event Type: Warning Event Source: MSExchangeIS Mailbox Store Event Category: Views Event ID: 1173 Date: 11/30/2005 Time: 11:36:01 AM User: N/A Computer: EXCHANGE SERVER Description: Error 0x6bb deleting unused restricted view from folder 1-56A5C1A on database "First Storage Group\Mailbox Store (EXCHANGE SERVER)". Microsoft Exchange Information Store will try to delete the view again at the next maintenance interval. For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentre...

Business Contact Manager and Exchange 2003
Is it possible to run BCM if you connect to Exchange via POP3, IMAP4, or HTTP? I will not be using SBS. Or will it be necessary to configure Outlook 2003 with a seperate profile just for BCM? Thanks for any help on this. -- Matt Hickman The air is so pure [in the Tricorn] that it really ought to be voted a medal by the Society for the Suppression of Evil thoughts. Robert A. Heinlein (1907 -1988) _Podkayne of Mars_ 1963 No. Yes. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After...

restore Exchange 2007 mailbox
I have tried to restore a mailbox to a recovery storage group but receive the following error message. The DPM Server is up and available and it is accessible from the Exchange Server. No firewall or AV on either machine. I'm not using backup LAN. Affected area: First Storage Group Occurred since: 3/24/2010 2:02:17 PM Description: The recovery jobs for Storage group First Storage Group that started at Wednesday, March 24, 2010 1:55:02 PM, with the destination of ExchangeServer, have completed. Most or all jobs failed to recover the requested data. (ID 3111) DPM failed t...

How to administer Exchange 2000 mailbox premissions?
Hi, I have a problem in that somehow all the mailboxes in my Exchange 2000 environment has the "Everyone" group in it and that group has full control of all mailbox accounts, this is allowing anyone to access anyone's mailbox. How do I safely remove the "Everyone" group from the mailbox premissions and restrict access so that only the person who owes the mailbox has access to it? Regards, FredT Is the permission inherited or explicit? Check the security settings in Exchange System Manager. It sounds like the Everyone group has been added and/or given full access...

Cannot create mailbox in Exchange 2000
Hello, I have to domains in the same forest (domain1 and domain2, no child domain). My exchange 2000 server is in domain1, and everything works fine in this domain. When I create a user in domain2 and I want to create a mailbox for that user (exchange tasks -> create mailbox) from the exchange server (also dc and gc), the process hangs at "updating attributes, and I get the error message : Error: Updating attributes (user details...) RPC Server Unavailable. There is a two-way trust between the two domains DNS seems ok, connectivity too. Thanks in advance! -- Sebastien L...

Mailbox size #11
Hello all... I know this is a tough question to answer, as there are so many variables. I am trying to get mailbox size limits implemented, and need some info on determining the recommended mailbox size allowed. I'm just looking for general info, as I know there is no well-defined rule. I would appreciate it if I can get a document from MS, so I have some ammo at the meeting. Thank you. Ed On Wed, 20 Sep 2006 11:05:20 -0400, "Ed" <ed.jackson@americantower.com> wrote: >Hello all... >I know this is a tough question to answer, as there are so many variables. I ...

Outlook 2003 Business Contact Manager Update
I am wondering if anyone has tried the Outlook 2003 Business Contact Manager Update. I am formerly from Maximizer 8 Contact Manager and what I read look good. I have 3 machines and thought I would experiment with the update on the machine containing Windows XP Home edition. However, everything goes fine until installing the SQL data engine. At that point it runs into a problem and cannot continue so it just automatically uninstalls everything. Opinions??? Paul The place to ask would be in the microsoft.public.outlook.bcm newsgroup. You didn't say what version of Outlook you hav...

Mounting new mailbox store problem
I have en Exchange 2003 Enterprise with 3 storage groups. I want to create new Storage group with mailbox store. I can create new Storage Group (OK), I can create new mailbox store (OK) but I Can not to mount new mailbox store Any idea? Where is the problem? I have an error in application log: Error 0x80040102 starting database "Users_Storage\Users" on the Microsoft Exchange Information Store. Regards Pawel Jawien http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=299680 and From MS KB 827283: This issue may occur if one of the following conditions is true: � The mailbox store does not...

Events Management
I have imported the Events Management Template into the Contacts Management Template in order to show who attended what event. In the Event Details form there is an e-mail option. I would like to send out meeting/event invitations to members of the Contacts Management Database and be able to collect the list of invitees and the response as a part of the event details. Help! -- Thanks ; ) do you want your application to email people automatically if so we will need to know yoru email client i have code for groupwise others might have code for outlook Regards Kelvan Thi...

"Delivered" mail not in users mailboxes
Hello! I am trying to help a friend with an Exchange 2003 Enterprise SP2 server on Windows Server 2003 SP1. Several users report randomly not getting email, yet a review of the Exchange tracking logs shows event IDs 1023 and 1028, indicating successful delivery to their mailboxes. Is there any way to examine the Information Store on a deeper level than just using Outlook for the users' accounts? I would like to be able to search the whole store to see if it ended up anywhere else. Thank you! Gregg Hill Have you tried turning on message tracking and confirming delivery that w...

Reconnecting an exchange mailbox over a trust two a 2003 Domain account
We are currently migrating to a new company domain. We (domain A with active directory 2000) have an exchange 2003 server. They (domain B with active directory 2003). We have a two way trust between the domains. We would like to delete the user on domain A and let the exchange mailbox set itself for deletion then create the new user on domain B and then go into the exchange server on domain A and reconnect to the new user on domain B over the trust. When attempting this I get the error "you do not have the rights to complete this operation, ID #:c1030728 exchange system manager" ...

Mailbox security issue: Who's reading my mails?
Is there a way to monitor who's accessing your mailbox (ip, nt id,..) ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Encumbrance Management vs PO Commitments & FRx Reporting of Both
Hi, Is there a resource that explains the differences between these two modules functionality? Also, I was surprised to see the encumbered amounts showing up in FRx with system budget IDs. Does this work the same with both modules? And, is there any way within FRx to drill down/report on the encumbered POs? I assume not, as the info is made available through a budget (which normally doesn't have detail associated with it). Thanks ...

Removing mailbox from System manager
Hi everyone I would like to delete a users mailbox from the Exchange manager. We are using Exchange 2003. I really would like to delete the user off as i then need to recreate them again and then do a restore to their mailbox. If i just recreate the users mailbox i have 2 mailboxes with exactly the same name and trying to restore some mailbox content causes a problem! Thanks Simon After u delete a users mailbox, purge the mailboxes, by first running cleanup agent on the mailbox store & then choosing to purge the desired orphaned mailbox. "Simon" wrote: > Hi everyon...

Setting Retention times for Mailboxes
Using Exchange 2000 SP3. Have a user that claims some email are missing from Outlook inbox from over a year ago. Is there a default setting within Exchange in which mailbox items get deleted after a certain period of time? (I am not talking about deleted item retention periods) Thanks On 18 Jan 2006 06:27:27 -0800, melickas@yahoo.com wrote: >Using Exchange 2000 SP3. Have a user that claims some email are missing >from Outlook inbox from over a year ago. Is there a default setting >within Exchange in which mailbox items get deleted after a certain >period of time? (I am not talk...