Mailbox management -- recipient policy age limit weirdness

I've been testing a couple recipient policies, and I come across this kind
of thing now and then. I end up with a report that shows a few users with
something like this when absolutely nothing should get tagged for deletion
on them:

----------
Cleaning Mailbox user@domain.com
Recipient Policy: Test1
Folder / Contents: 1 Items (27.00 KB)
Folder / Contents: 1 Items (27.00 KB)
Folder / Done: 0 Items Processed, 1 Items Would Be Moved or Deleted
(2097409 KB)
Folder /Outbox Contents: 0 Items (5.00 KB)
Folder /Outbox Contents: 0 Items (5.00 KB)
Folder /Outbox Done: 0 Items Processed, 0 Items Would Be Moved or Deleted
(0 KB)
Mailbox user@domain.com Contents (before processing): 1 Items (31.00 KB)
Mailbox user@domain.com Done: 2 Folders Processed, 1 Items Would Be Moved
Or Deleted (2097409 KB)

Where the deuce is the 1 item coming from? And why is it so big? And why is
the same sized item reported for the other small fraction of users who also
show this?

Obviously to me from looking at the store, no such items exist. So what's
this weird artifact? Would anything in this mailbox be in jeopardy if I ran
the policy live, rather than just reporting?

--

Scott

Almost summer!   http://snipurl.com/trebuchet

The folder with 1 item is the mailbox root folder (one level up from inbox, outbox etc.). I'm not sure where the item is coming from but it is possible to post or move items to that folder. Also, it could have to do with the email client that the users are using. For instance in Outlook XP you can go to the folder properties and set a web page to be displayed by default when that folder is clicked. Then there is another option to make the web page content available offline and perhaps this offline content is being stored in that folder

- Geneviev

     ----- Scott Marquardt wrote: ----

     I've been testing a couple recipient policies, and I come across this kin
     of thing now and then. I end up with a report that shows a few users wit
     something like this when absolutely nothing should get tagged for deletio
     on them

     ---------
     Cleaning Mailbox user@domain.co
     Recipient Policy: Test
[...]

0
gorchard (10)
5/22/2004 12:51:03 AM
Genevieve Orchard opined thusly on May 21:
> The folder with 1 item is the mailbox root folder (one level up from inbox,
>outbox etc.). I'm not sure where the item is coming from but it is possible to
>post or move items to that folder. Also, it could have to do with the email client
>that the users are using. For instance in Outlook XP you can go to the folder
>properties and set a web page to be displayed by default when that folder is
>clicked. Then there is another option to make the web page content available
>offline and perhaps this offline content is being stored in that folder.

Will check that with our users.

What I can't explain, though, is the enormous number of bytes specified.
It's gotta be an artifact.

--

Scott

Almost summer!   http://snipurl.com/trebuchet
I had the same problem.

It took me a while to figure out why this was doing this
in my environment, we updated from Notes.

And the mailboxes getting tagged, when NONE of the
criteria matched, had NOTES type addresses, I removed
them and they did not match again.  This may not help you
much, but if you dump those accounts, with ldifde and
compare against very similar accounts that are not coming
up, you should find the consistency between them.

0
anonymous (74723)

Row limit in Excel #2
Is there a row limitation in Excel ? Reason why I ask, I have a control that reads rows out of a Database. I have the option of creating this report by dates. With one date, it will yield 5965 rows and I can open up that report. Now with just the next day's date, it will yield 6060 rows and the Excel file will be created, but it encounters a Microsoft error. There is no difference in the data. I can in fact make the dates shift and include the date range that was failing but it wouldn't go to the current - i.e. 4/23/2004 to 3/29/05 will fail but 4/24/05 - 03/29/05 will wor...

user manager server unavailable
Hello, I have installed CRM 1.2 with SQL 2K on Win 2K3 Install was successful, however, when I go to crm deployment manager and then user manager, I get the following error: "The server localhost is not responding. This might happen if it is currently unavailable, it is not a Microsoft CRM server, or you do not have sufficient privileges to run User Manager..." I have added the server to the pre-win 2k user group in AD; I am able to connect to the web server and login as administrator just fine - nothing else works (even the exchange mail routing piece) any advice would be much a...

Creating a Mailbox
Hi all, Is it possible to create a mailbox within the Exchange System Manager, eg, info@companyname.com without having to create a user. Im currently using exchange 2003 TIA, James Not really. What is the problem? JD wrote: > Hi all, > > Is it possible to create a mailbox within the Exchange System Manager, eg, > info@companyname.com without having to create a user. > > Im currently using exchange 2003 > > TIA, > > James You cannot create a mailbox in Exchange 2003 without creating a user account associated with it. However, if you just want an SMTP ad...

User explicitly denied "Full Mailbox Access"
I have an administrator account "Mark" that is explicitly denied the Full Mailbox Access permission in "Mailbox Rights". I am able to grant other adminstrators access to the same mailbox, even domain users. It seem the user is inheriting the single Deny permission, but I can't see where from. The user who's mailbox I am trying to grant access to is the domain\users OU. Mark is automatically denied full mailbox access to all users, even if I turn off inheritance in the security tab. Help? Thanks everyone in advance. Is his account listed in the exchange deleg...

import from Excel to cash flow management transactions
would like to see an import function from Excel to the cash flow management transactions window ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=668a708b-ef61-43e3-b22a-4ba1...

mailbox limitations
Can anyone point me to any info on the size limitations for mailboxes & PST files..? I believe that beyond 2 GB MS says you're in a danger zone. I need further info to support our e-mail deletion policy PSTs have a limit of 2GB (corruption may happen even after 1GB). Mailboxes, on the other hand can be in the GB (but I wouldn't recommend it from an administrative standpoint). -- Nick Cavalancia MCSE/MCT/MCNE/MCNI nickc@remove-comsphere.com Comsphere - "Where Knowledge Transfer is Key" Web: http://www.comsphere.com Ph: 954.275.0114 Fax: 954.791.6763 "Mikeg"...

mailbox split during mailbox move :(
If the mailbox move process dies in the middle of the mailbox and there is half of the mailbox on the new server and the other half on the old server. Is it possible to connect those two again? I had one of my mailboxes do this to me on my test domain and I ended up deleting (Purging) it since it wouldn't let me do anything with the part that was left on the source server. I am just wandering what if it would happen on my live server... do I have to bring the mailbox from .PST file or there is another way? Thank you in advance. On Wed, 31 May 2006 09:49:02 -0700, Volodymyr <vg@a...

Is there a fle associated with additional mailboxes?
Is there a fle associated with additional mailboxes? Is there a file that keeps track of additional mailboxes that I have access to and are displayed in my outlook folder list? I want to know for migration reasons. Once migrated will I have to add the mailboxes again or is there a file that can be copied or even a utility that will make sure I do not lose any. I only have a few, but some of my co-workers are connected to as many as 15-20 I believe. Thanks for any help They are part of the profile and stored in the registry. See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/mru.htm - I don't rec...

Read Only access to mailbox?
I know that in Active Directory you can grant someon 'Full mailbox access' to another person's mailbox. Can you give Read Only access to another person's mailbox in AD, or do you have to do that through Outlook permissions with delegates or folder permissions? Thanks. On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 08:00:04 -0700, SilverICE <SilverICE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I know that in Active Directory you can grant someon 'Full mailbox access' to >another person's mailbox. Can you give Read Only access to another person's >mailbox in AD, or do you h...

Limit on # of worksheets in a workbook
Does anyone know the Excel limit on the # of worksheets/tabs allowed in a workbook? I have read that there are no limit on number of sheets in a workbook, but you will get a memory problem with lots of sheets witch contain lots of data. Maximum number of worksheets in a new workbook is 256, default is 3 (?) but you may change that. knut "HTC" <HTC@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding news:AD711D19-DF48-413C-8C8A-86A3CC12A581@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know the Excel limit on the # of worksheets/tabs allowed in a > workbook? Go to "Tools", t...

[OT] 1GB mailbox
i have find this site that offer 1 gb of space!! http://www.walla.com/ it's wonderful! "MMC" <ryuken_26@yahoo.it> said > i have find this site that offer 1 gb of space!! > > http://www.walla.com/ > > it's wonderful! > > No thanks. Since installing my SAN I now have a 10TB mailbox to play with. Andrew Mitchell <amitchell@removecasey.vic.gov.au> wrote in news:Xns95C7E0C461A29casey01@207.46.248.16: > No thanks. > Since installing my SAN I now have a 10TB mailbox to play with. Nice X-face! -- Arlo Clizer Exchange MVP FAQ...

limit to list
thank you ================= The text you entered isn't an item in the list Select an item from the list, or enter text that matches one of the listed items ============== How can change this message with custom On Dec 28, 2:30 pm, "a" <A...@a.com> wrote: > thank you > > ================= > > The text you entered isn't an item in the list > > Select an item from the list, or enter text that matches one of the listed > items > > ============== > > How can change this message with custom Use the control's NotInList to event...

Mailbox Access
I use Veritas Backup Exec to performa backups of our information stores and user mailboxes. During the course of the backups I get warnings from some mailboxes about e-mails that are corrupt. My question is, how do I get to the e-mail/mailbox level to find out what is wrong with the particular message and if need be, eliminate them? Thanks you. http://mail.tekscan.com/nomailboxes.htm Bill Van Loon wrote: > I use Veritas Backup Exec to performa backups of our information stores and > user mailboxes. During the course of the backups I get warnings from some > mailboxes about e-...

cannot delete mailbox in 5.5
when i try to delete a mailbox i get the following error: "failure to delete mailbox" event id is 1203. it suggests to stop and re-start the services, but that does not correct the issue. any suggestion on how to remove the mailbox that is not needed? thx.. Any help from http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;178757 tim wrote: > when i try to delete a mailbox i get the following error: "failure to delete > mailbox" event id is 1203. it suggests to stop and re-start the services, but > that does not correct the issue. any suggestion on how ...

integration manager
I'm trying to access a section of a source XML file (exported from Perfect Commerce) from a field script in an Integration Manager mapping. The ContactValue field is repeated several times and I can only access the first instance using the path SourceFields("ContactList.ContactInfo.ContactValue") Is it possible to use the SourceFields object to get to the email and fax instances of the ContactInfo field? Is there some other way? <ContactList> <ContactInfo> <ContactValue>555-555-5555</ContactValue> <ContactType>phone</C...

Granting Admins full rights to all Mailboxes
Hi In our company we wish for the Exchange Admins to be able to open any users mailbox. Since our upgrade to exchange 2003 we have lost that abillity. I have followed the steps in in q821897 to restore this functionallity. The steps did not work, members of Domain Admins still do not have the abillity to open users mailboxes. If anyone has any ideas I would love to hear them Thank mar ...

Checking mailbox usage
Hi, I'm using EX 2003 at the moment, and am pretty new to this, so this is probably really dumb question but... How can I find out the size of users' mailboxes from the server? I've looked everywhere, but can't seem to find it. We are running out of room on our mail server, and I want to find out who the biggest culprits are... Hope somebody can get back to me asap :) TIA Exchange System Manager | Administrative Groups | yourAdmin Group name | Servers | Your Server | your Storage Group Name | Mailbox Store | Mailboxes. Next to each mailbox in that store you'll see ...

Unable to access mailbox
Hi, I have suddenly encountered a problem with one of ourmailboxes (Exchange 2003 SP1), this is a monitored account where it is linked to a number of other mailboxes, but since last night, no one has any access to it. I can add the mailbox to my outlook profile, but when trying to open up the mailbox, I receive the error "Unable to expand the folder, the set of folders could not be opened. The informations tore could not be opened." I have tried with using the exchange primary service account (which had full acccess) as welll as seting a primary account for the account an...

Seeking boot manager that fits on a floppy
Would boot manager would you guys recommend that would fit on a floppy disk. b11_ wrote: > Would boot manager would you guys recommend that would fit on a floppy disk. it depends on which operating systems you wish to use I dual boot WinXP and Win98 with GAG. No problems. http://gag.sourceforge.net/ Gene b11_ wrote: >Would boot manager would you guys recommend that would fit on a floppy disk. -- Message posted via WindowsKB.com http://www.windowskb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/windows-98-general/201001/1 Thanks easymike I need that one in my TOOL BOX! "easym...

Smartlist Builder should let me limit the amount of records displ.
I want to create Smartlists with Smartlist Builder that only display a specific number of records. By limiting the amount of records that diplay, I can give access to the Smartlist to more people in my company. For instance, I don't want my order processing staff to have access to my Sales Transaction Smartlist because the owner of the company doen't want them to be able to extract certain sales data on the company from it. By creating a Smartlist that limits the number of records the user can access they could have a chopped verision of the Sales Transaction list that they coul...

Move mailbox increases the size of mailboxes
Hi, Doing a migration of Exchange 2000 to 2003, where mailboxes on an Exchange 2000 server is being moved to a newly installed Exchange 2003 SP2 server. After moving about dozen of users, we seem to notice a 20% increase of the size of the mailbox on Exchange 2003 from what it was on Exchange 2000... Is there any explaination for this ???, maybe single message storage or ??? Thanks !!! Single instance storage will be broken during the move. Nue "thinkpad21" <thinkpad21@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:27C8816D-9CF9-4E2F-96B4-CD172226F3D8@microsoft.com.....

Domain Admins + Full Mailbox Rights
Hi, I'm running Exchange 2003 and would like to give Domain Admins Full Mailbox access. I can give Full access rights Domain Admins in ADUC \ Mailbox rights, but then if want to remove the check from Domain Admins Full - Mailbox I can't. The tick shows as grey instead. Any ideas please? I think the users object is inhereting permissions from its parent. Regards, Kashif "PL3" wrote: > Hi, > > I'm running Exchange 2003 and would like to give Domain Admins Full Mailbox > access. I can give Full access rights Domain Admins in ADUC \ Mailbox rights, >...

mailboxes for multiple domains
I'm trying to set up several of my users to be able to receive email addressed to either of our two domains. The element that I don't get is how the user can tell to which address the email message was sent, user@acme1.com or user@acme2.com. I have already added the second domain's SMTP to a test account, and can receive mail sent to user@acme2.com just fine, but I need to see that that is the case. Any help is greatly appreciated. On 23 Aug 2005 11:18:54 -0700, mathew.schreiber@gmail.com wrote: >I'm trying to set up several of my users to be able to receive email >a...

Time-Based Wait in Workflow Manager
I want to automatically create a task for an opportunity 1 day before an appointment date (I have not yet created/used a field for this) that is entered for that opportunity. The "Time-Based Wait" in the Workflow Manager seems to be the best tool to do this, but the "createdon" field is the only one that seems to be available to select in a time-based wait. I see that there are several fields with datetime datatype in the Opportunity schema, so I expected these fields to appear as options in the time-based wait as well. Any suggestions? -- Marc Wojtowicz ...

Integration Manager #9
When I open an Integration in IM, I receive an error. ** Invalid Procedure call or argument Source : CBOMlib.StandAloneRecordset.IPersistvariant_load Message: Invalid Procedure call or argument Number : 5 ** I receive this message on 3 workstations in Windows 2000 and XP. I have 5 others workstation where IM is OK. What can I do to correct the problem. My guess would be to look at permissions to the im.mdb file. Do the users have appropriate access on the network? shane "Jeff" wrote: > When I open an Integration in IM, I receive an error. > > ** > Invalid Proc...