Mailbox Department Entries

My company runs Exchange Server 5.5 in conjunction with
Outlook 2002.  Recently a number of departments have
either been renamed or merged.  I have amended the
Department entries on all the affected mailboxes,
including those for former employees which are hidden, but
when viewing the list of departments in Outlook the old
details are showing as well as the new details.

Can someone please help.

Geoff Major
0
gmajor (1)

Creating a Mailbox
Hi all, Is it possible to create a mailbox within the Exchange System Manager, eg, info@companyname.com without having to create a user. Im currently using exchange 2003 TIA, James Not really. What is the problem? JD wrote: > Hi all, > > Is it possible to create a mailbox within the Exchange System Manager, eg, > info@companyname.com without having to create a user. > > Im currently using exchange 2003 > > TIA, > > James You cannot create a mailbox in Exchange 2003 without creating a user account associated with it. However, if you just want an SMTP ad...

User explicitly denied "Full Mailbox Access"
I have an administrator account "Mark" that is explicitly denied the Full Mailbox Access permission in "Mailbox Rights". I am able to grant other adminstrators access to the same mailbox, even domain users. It seem the user is inheriting the single Deny permission, but I can't see where from. The user who's mailbox I am trying to grant access to is the domain\users OU. Mark is automatically denied full mailbox access to all users, even if I turn off inheritance in the security tab. Help? Thanks everyone in advance. Is his account listed in the exchange deleg...

mailbox limitations
Can anyone point me to any info on the size limitations for mailboxes & PST files..? I believe that beyond 2 GB MS says you're in a danger zone. I need further info to support our e-mail deletion policy PSTs have a limit of 2GB (corruption may happen even after 1GB). Mailboxes, on the other hand can be in the GB (but I wouldn't recommend it from an administrative standpoint). -- Nick Cavalancia MCSE/MCT/MCNE/MCNI nickc@remove-comsphere.com Comsphere - "Where Knowledge Transfer is Key" Web: http://www.comsphere.com Ph: 954.275.0114 Fax: 954.791.6763 "Mikeg"...

Is there a fle associated with additional mailboxes?
Is there a fle associated with additional mailboxes? Is there a file that keeps track of additional mailboxes that I have access to and are displayed in my outlook folder list? I want to know for migration reasons. Once migrated will I have to add the mailboxes again or is there a file that can be copied or even a utility that will make sure I do not lose any. I only have a few, but some of my co-workers are connected to as many as 15-20 I believe. Thanks for any help They are part of the profile and stored in the registry. See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/mru.htm - I don't rec...

mailbox split during mailbox move :(
If the mailbox move process dies in the middle of the mailbox and there is half of the mailbox on the new server and the other half on the old server. Is it possible to connect those two again? I had one of my mailboxes do this to me on my test domain and I ended up deleting (Purging) it since it wouldn't let me do anything with the part that was left on the source server. I am just wandering what if it would happen on my live server... do I have to bring the mailbox from .PST file or there is another way? Thank you in advance. On Wed, 31 May 2006 09:49:02 -0700, Volodymyr <vg@a...

PDK Timesheet entry window modification
Is it possible to modify the form for entering a timesheet in PDK? I would like to have the project name as well as the project number display on the time entry screen. ...

Read Only access to mailbox?
I know that in Active Directory you can grant someon 'Full mailbox access' to another person's mailbox. Can you give Read Only access to another person's mailbox in AD, or do you have to do that through Outlook permissions with delegates or folder permissions? Thanks. On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 08:00:04 -0700, SilverICE <SilverICE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I know that in Active Directory you can grant someon 'Full mailbox access' to >another person's mailbox. Can you give Read Only access to another person's >mailbox in AD, or do you h...

[OT] 1GB mailbox
i have find this site that offer 1 gb of space!! http://www.walla.com/ it's wonderful! "MMC" <ryuken_26@yahoo.it> said > i have find this site that offer 1 gb of space!! > > http://www.walla.com/ > > it's wonderful! > > No thanks. Since installing my SAN I now have a 10TB mailbox to play with. Andrew Mitchell <amitchell@removecasey.vic.gov.au> wrote in news:Xns95C7E0C461A29casey01@207.46.248.16: > No thanks. > Since installing my SAN I now have a 10TB mailbox to play with. Nice X-face! -- Arlo Clizer Exchange MVP FAQ...

Mailbox Access
I use Veritas Backup Exec to performa backups of our information stores and user mailboxes. During the course of the backups I get warnings from some mailboxes about e-mails that are corrupt. My question is, how do I get to the e-mail/mailbox level to find out what is wrong with the particular message and if need be, eliminate them? Thanks you. http://mail.tekscan.com/nomailboxes.htm Bill Van Loon wrote: > I use Veritas Backup Exec to performa backups of our information stores and > user mailboxes. During the course of the backups I get warnings from some > mailboxes about e-...

cannot delete mailbox in 5.5
when i try to delete a mailbox i get the following error: "failure to delete mailbox" event id is 1203. it suggests to stop and re-start the services, but that does not correct the issue. any suggestion on how to remove the mailbox that is not needed? thx.. Any help from http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;178757 tim wrote: > when i try to delete a mailbox i get the following error: "failure to delete > mailbox" event id is 1203. it suggests to stop and re-start the services, but > that does not correct the issue. any suggestion on how ...

Journal Entries In Outlook 2010
I just upgraded from Outlook 2003 to Outlook 2010. Outlook 2010 is using the same pst file, and all my contacts came up. However, when I'm in a contact and I click Activities, no journal entries appear. This appears to be the same area where I used to go to look at journal entries for a contact; but none of them appear. I have "All Items" showing. Also, if I go into Journal in the side bar, all the journal entries are there, both old and new ones. But they don't show under their associated contacts. How can I view journal entries for a contact while in that contact, ...

Checking mailbox usage
Hi, I'm using EX 2003 at the moment, and am pretty new to this, so this is probably really dumb question but... How can I find out the size of users' mailboxes from the server? I've looked everywhere, but can't seem to find it. We are running out of room on our mail server, and I want to find out who the biggest culprits are... Hope somebody can get back to me asap :) TIA Exchange System Manager | Administrative Groups | yourAdmin Group name | Servers | Your Server | your Storage Group Name | Mailbox Store | Mailboxes. Next to each mailbox in that store you'll see ...

Granting Admins full rights to all Mailboxes
Hi In our company we wish for the Exchange Admins to be able to open any users mailbox. Since our upgrade to exchange 2003 we have lost that abillity. I have followed the steps in in q821897 to restore this functionallity. The steps did not work, members of Domain Admins still do not have the abillity to open users mailboxes. If anyone has any ideas I would love to hear them Thank mar ...

Unable to access mailbox
Hi, I have suddenly encountered a problem with one of ourmailboxes (Exchange 2003 SP1), this is a monitored account where it is linked to a number of other mailboxes, but since last night, no one has any access to it. I can add the mailbox to my outlook profile, but when trying to open up the mailbox, I receive the error "Unable to expand the folder, the set of folders could not be opened. The informations tore could not be opened." I have tried with using the exchange primary service account (which had full acccess) as welll as seting a primary account for the account an...

Manufacturing Order Entry error
I am getting the error message: 'Your manufacturing order routing has errors, either a work center is undefined, or the earliest work cetner effective date is invalid. I looked in TK, and found nothing for either of these error messages. I havelooked through my routing and looks ok, can anyone suggest where specifically to look in the routing to correct this? I dont understand why error messages like this are not in techknowledge... -- Doug Doug- On the Work Center Setup window you probably need to enter a value in the "Display Date" field. See Work Center Setup in th...

Counting Text Entries
Hi everyone, I have a large database of information which includes columns of text entries. Is there a way of counting these text entries? e.g.: HBO SL SL MN RTA HBO SL SL MN RTA HBO SL SL MN RTA Counting the number of HBO, RTA,SL entries etc. The database consists of 26 worksheets, is it also possible to get the total results from all worksheets to appear on a single summary page? Thanks very much for any help. Jack -- JackJJW ------------------------------------------------------------------------ JackJJW's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid...

Move mailbox increases the size of mailboxes
Hi, Doing a migration of Exchange 2000 to 2003, where mailboxes on an Exchange 2000 server is being moved to a newly installed Exchange 2003 SP2 server. After moving about dozen of users, we seem to notice a 20% increase of the size of the mailbox on Exchange 2003 from what it was on Exchange 2000... Is there any explaination for this ???, maybe single message storage or ??? Thanks !!! Single instance storage will be broken during the move. Nue "thinkpad21" <thinkpad21@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:27C8816D-9CF9-4E2F-96B4-CD172226F3D8@microsoft.com.....

How do I stop Outlook 207 from deleting my calendar entries
When outlook does a save in personal folders it deletes new entries to my calendar. How do I stop this? I use save after entering the entries so don't know why this happens. Where is your calendar? If you want copies of the appointment on 2 calendars, you need to copy it, not move it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:E...

Domain Admins + Full Mailbox Rights
Hi, I'm running Exchange 2003 and would like to give Domain Admins Full Mailbox access. I can give Full access rights Domain Admins in ADUC \ Mailbox rights, but then if want to remove the check from Domain Admins Full - Mailbox I can't. The tick shows as grey instead. Any ideas please? I think the users object is inhereting permissions from its parent. Regards, Kashif "PL3" wrote: > Hi, > > I'm running Exchange 2003 and would like to give Domain Admins Full Mailbox > access. I can give Full access rights Domain Admins in ADUC \ Mailbox rights, >...

Customer/Vendor Consolidation Entries don't post through GL?
We have Sales and Purchasing Transaction Origins set to "Post Through General Ledger Files". When we enter and post RM Cash Receipts, Receivables Transaction, and Payables Transactions everything posts through the GL as expected. However, when we post Customer/Vendor Consolidation transactions (Consolidate Documents) the GL Entries for the Misc Charge PM Trx and RM Debit Memos do not post through the GL. Is there a way to turn on "Post Through General Ledger Files" for Customer/Vendor Consolidations? Thanks No. This feature is by design. In summary, not all transacti...

mailboxes for multiple domains
I'm trying to set up several of my users to be able to receive email addressed to either of our two domains. The element that I don't get is how the user can tell to which address the email message was sent, user@acme1.com or user@acme2.com. I have already added the second domain's SMTP to a test account, and can receive mail sent to user@acme2.com just fine, but I need to see that that is the case. Any help is greatly appreciated. On 23 Aug 2005 11:18:54 -0700, mathew.schreiber@gmail.com wrote: >I'm trying to set up several of my users to be able to receive email >a...

OWA Rights to Mailbox problem
We have installed and additional Exchange 5.5 server to our site with OWA and IIS. OWA works fine on original server but if we move a mailbox to the new server, the user cannot forward, delete or send a new message using OWA. The mailbox recieves new mail and it can be read, but it ends there. Can't add to Calander or contacts. Missing some permissions setting, just can't find it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Dan ...

Setting up different mailboxes
Hi I'm sure that this question has been asked many times before. I would like to know how to setup my system, so that different users can get only their own mail. I have created seperate profiles and and acounts, but some how the e-mails goes to who ever downloads their e-mails. POlease help Adriaan What version of Outlook are you using, and if 98 or 2000, what mail support mode? If you're not sure, look at the second line of Help | About Microsoft Outlook -- it should say "Internet Mail Only" or "Corporate/Workgroup". (Outlook 97, 2002, and 2003 don't ...

"Message creation failed; mailbox is full."
how do i delete e-mails Highlight the message and hit the Delete key -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "darren" <darren@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CA78A9C4-7C29-4372-9443-6601C65D2341@microsoft.com... > how do i delete e-mails That doesn't sound like an error message from Windows Mail. Are you using webmail? --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) Microsoft MVP Program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com "darren&...

Modifying the Assembly transaction entry window-X in corner
I would like to modify the window that pops open after you change anything on the Assembly Transaction entry window (Transaction>Inventory>Assembly Entry) This window is labelled: Microsoft Dynamics GP and the question is: Do you want to sasve changes or delete document number xxxxx (I would like to remove the delete button) How do I find this window in modifier? thanks -- Doug That is a dialog box, and it does not exist as a "window" that can be modified. To accomplish what you want you would need to modify the behavior of the Assembly Trx window to prevent ...