Mailbox closed.

My Outlook 2003 client mailbox (on Exchange 2003) reached the storage limit &
got closed recently, so I exported about 50MB of old mail to a seperate PST
file.
Some junk mail I simply deleted permantly.

A few minutes after this was done, people still complained that mail sent to
me got bounced back to them as undelivered due to my full mailbox.

Once a mailbox is cleaned out as described above, does it take a while
(perhaps 30 minutes or so)before Exchange re-opens the mailbox, or how does
this actually work?

Please advise.
Thanks.
0
TonyV (3)

On Sat, 24 Mar 2007 05:51:08 -0700, TonyV
<TonyV@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>My Outlook 2003 client mailbox (on Exchange 2003) reached the storage limit &
>got closed recently, so I exported about 50MB of old mail to a seperate PST
>file.
>Some junk mail I simply deleted permantly.
>
>A few minutes after this was done, people still complained that mail sent to
>me got bounced back to them as undelivered due to my full mailbox.
>
>Once a mailbox is cleaned out as described above, does it take a while
>(perhaps 30 minutes or so)before Exchange re-opens the mailbox, or how does
>this actually work?
>
>Please advise.
>Thanks.

Could be more than a few minutes yes.
Does ESM show that its still over its limit?

0
adavid (8731)
3/24/2007 1:20:54 PM
On Mar 24, 9:20 am, Andy David  {MVP}
<ada...@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 24 Mar 2007 05:51:08 -0700, TonyV
>
> <T...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> >My Outlook 2003 client mailbox (on Exchange 2003) reached the storage limit &
> >got closed recently, so I exported about 50MB of old mail to a seperate PST
> >file.
> >Some junk mail I simply deleted permantly.
>
> >A few minutes after this was done, people still complained that mail sent to
> >me got bounced back to them as undelivered due to my full mailbox.
>
> >Once a mailbox is cleaned out as described above, does it take a while
> >(perhaps 30 minutes or so)before Exchange re-opens the mailbox, or how does
> >this actually work?
>
> >Please advise.
> >Thanks.
>
> Could be more than a few minutes yes.
> Does ESM show that its still over its limit?

I had this problem while I was on Exchange 2003 as well.  I solved it
by restarting the Information Store Service on my Exchange 2003 server.

Hi
there are some regitry entries to adjust the values how long quotas are
cached in memory.
You should read the following kb article
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/327378/en-us

Henry

"TonyV" wrote:

> My Outlook 2003 client mailbox (on Exchange 2003) reached the storage limit &
> got closed recently, so I exported about 50MB of old mail to a seperate PST
> file.
> Some junk mail I simply deleted permantly.
>
> A few minutes after this was done, people still complained that mail sent to
> me got bounced back to them as undelivered due to my full mailbox.
>
> Once a mailbox is cleaned out as described above, does it take a while
> (perhaps 30 minutes or so)before Exchange re-opens the mailbox, or how does
> this actually work?
>
> Please advise.
> Thanks.
0
Henry1 (156)
3/24/2007 3:57:00 PM
TonyV <TonyV@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> My Outlook 2003 client mailbox (on Exchange 2003) reached the storage
> limit & got closed recently, so I exported about 50MB of old mail to
> a seperate PST file.
> Some junk mail I simply deleted permantly.
>
> A few minutes after this was done, people still complained that mail
> sent to me got bounced back to them as undelivered due to my full
> mailbox.
>
> Once a mailbox is cleaned out as described above, does it take a while
> (perhaps 30 minutes or so)before Exchange re-opens the mailbox, or
> how does this actually work?
>
> Please advise.
> Thanks.

Hi - I replied to this identical message in another group. In the future,
please don't multipost - if you need to post to multiple groups, it's best
to crosspost instead, by posting a single message to a handful of relevant
groups (separate the NG names with commas) so that everyone can follow the
thread. Thanks :-)

See http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm

0
lanwench (7567)

Creating a Mailbox
Hi all, Is it possible to create a mailbox within the Exchange System Manager, eg, info@companyname.com without having to create a user. Im currently using exchange 2003 TIA, James Not really. What is the problem? JD wrote: > Hi all, > > Is it possible to create a mailbox within the Exchange System Manager, eg, > info@companyname.com without having to create a user. > > Im currently using exchange 2003 > > TIA, > > James You cannot create a mailbox in Exchange 2003 without creating a user account associated with it. However, if you just want an SMTP ad...

automatically close excel
is it possible to automatically close excel after no changes have been made for a certain time? thanks in advance Patrick Patrick, From a previous post............ If you want, I can send you a workbook with the code. John <snip> Upon opening the workbook, start a timer to detect activity. Close Workbook after a certain time of inactivity. Original code was found in Google from Tom Ogilvy. Modified code per OP request to bring up a UserForm alerting the user that their time had elapsed and if they chose to continue, the timer would restart and they could continue working else the...

User explicitly denied "Full Mailbox Access"
I have an administrator account "Mark" that is explicitly denied the Full Mailbox Access permission in "Mailbox Rights". I am able to grant other adminstrators access to the same mailbox, even domain users. It seem the user is inheriting the single Deny permission, but I can't see where from. The user who's mailbox I am trying to grant access to is the domain\users OU. Mark is automatically denied full mailbox access to all users, even if I turn off inheritance in the security tab. Help? Thanks everyone in advance. Is his account listed in the exchange deleg...

mailbox limitations
Can anyone point me to any info on the size limitations for mailboxes & PST files..? I believe that beyond 2 GB MS says you're in a danger zone. I need further info to support our e-mail deletion policy PSTs have a limit of 2GB (corruption may happen even after 1GB). Mailboxes, on the other hand can be in the GB (but I wouldn't recommend it from an administrative standpoint). -- Nick Cavalancia MCSE/MCT/MCNE/MCNI nickc@remove-comsphere.com Comsphere - "Where Knowledge Transfer is Key" Web: http://www.comsphere.com Ph: 954.275.0114 Fax: 954.791.6763 "Mikeg"...

Is there a fle associated with additional mailboxes?
Is there a fle associated with additional mailboxes? Is there a file that keeps track of additional mailboxes that I have access to and are displayed in my outlook folder list? I want to know for migration reasons. Once migrated will I have to add the mailboxes again or is there a file that can be copied or even a utility that will make sure I do not lose any. I only have a few, but some of my co-workers are connected to as many as 15-20 I believe. Thanks for any help They are part of the profile and stored in the registry. See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/mru.htm - I don't rec...

mailbox split during mailbox move :(
If the mailbox move process dies in the middle of the mailbox and there is half of the mailbox on the new server and the other half on the old server. Is it possible to connect those two again? I had one of my mailboxes do this to me on my test domain and I ended up deleting (Purging) it since it wouldn't let me do anything with the part that was left on the source server. I am just wandering what if it would happen on my live server... do I have to bring the mailbox from .PST file or there is another way? Thank you in advance. On Wed, 31 May 2006 09:49:02 -0700, Volodymyr <vg@a...

Read Only access to mailbox?
I know that in Active Directory you can grant someon 'Full mailbox access' to another person's mailbox. Can you give Read Only access to another person's mailbox in AD, or do you have to do that through Outlook permissions with delegates or folder permissions? Thanks. On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 08:00:04 -0700, SilverICE <SilverICE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I know that in Active Directory you can grant someon 'Full mailbox access' to >another person's mailbox. Can you give Read Only access to another person's >mailbox in AD, or do you h...

[OT] 1GB mailbox
i have find this site that offer 1 gb of space!! http://www.walla.com/ it's wonderful! "MMC" <ryuken_26@yahoo.it> said > i have find this site that offer 1 gb of space!! > > http://www.walla.com/ > > it's wonderful! > > No thanks. Since installing my SAN I now have a 10TB mailbox to play with. Andrew Mitchell <amitchell@removecasey.vic.gov.au> wrote in news:Xns95C7E0C461A29casey01@207.46.248.16: > No thanks. > Since installing my SAN I now have a 10TB mailbox to play with. Nice X-face! -- Arlo Clizer Exchange MVP FAQ...

Close MDI Child Window Fail ???
in my MDI app.......I inserted a CRecordView-base Class named CLogin when I input my ID and my Password .... I want this form disappear but when app run to this line GetDocument()->OnCloseDocument(); Login Form is hide and a Error MessageBox show Unhandled exception in QLBH.exe (MFCD42D.DLL): 0xC0000005: Access Violation. and cursor point to this line in DBCORE.CPP like following: BOOL CRecordset::IsOpen() const // Note: assumes base class CRecordset::Close called { if (m_hstmt == NULL) // Error in this line // return FALSE; ...... } I tried use: SendMessage(WM_CLOSE) or S...

Mailbox Access
I use Veritas Backup Exec to performa backups of our information stores and user mailboxes. During the course of the backups I get warnings from some mailboxes about e-mails that are corrupt. My question is, how do I get to the e-mail/mailbox level to find out what is wrong with the particular message and if need be, eliminate them? Thanks you. http://mail.tekscan.com/nomailboxes.htm Bill Van Loon wrote: > I use Veritas Backup Exec to performa backups of our information stores and > user mailboxes. During the course of the backups I get warnings from some > mailboxes about e-...

cannot delete mailbox in 5.5
when i try to delete a mailbox i get the following error: "failure to delete mailbox" event id is 1203. it suggests to stop and re-start the services, but that does not correct the issue. any suggestion on how to remove the mailbox that is not needed? thx.. Any help from http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;178757 tim wrote: > when i try to delete a mailbox i get the following error: "failure to delete > mailbox" event id is 1203. it suggests to stop and re-start the services, but > that does not correct the issue. any suggestion on how ...

Checking mailbox usage
Hi, I'm using EX 2003 at the moment, and am pretty new to this, so this is probably really dumb question but... How can I find out the size of users' mailboxes from the server? I've looked everywhere, but can't seem to find it. We are running out of room on our mail server, and I want to find out who the biggest culprits are... Hope somebody can get back to me asap :) TIA Exchange System Manager | Administrative Groups | yourAdmin Group name | Servers | Your Server | your Storage Group Name | Mailbox Store | Mailboxes. Next to each mailbox in that store you'll see ...

Granting Admins full rights to all Mailboxes
Hi In our company we wish for the Exchange Admins to be able to open any users mailbox. Since our upgrade to exchange 2003 we have lost that abillity. I have followed the steps in in q821897 to restore this functionallity. The steps did not work, members of Domain Admins still do not have the abillity to open users mailboxes. If anyone has any ideas I would love to hear them Thank mar ...

Unable to access mailbox
Hi, I have suddenly encountered a problem with one of ourmailboxes (Exchange 2003 SP1), this is a monitored account where it is linked to a number of other mailboxes, but since last night, no one has any access to it. I can add the mailbox to my outlook profile, but when trying to open up the mailbox, I receive the error "Unable to expand the folder, the set of folders could not be opened. The informations tore could not be opened." I have tried with using the exchange primary service account (which had full acccess) as welll as seting a primary account for the account an...

Move mailbox increases the size of mailboxes
Hi, Doing a migration of Exchange 2000 to 2003, where mailboxes on an Exchange 2000 server is being moved to a newly installed Exchange 2003 SP2 server. After moving about dozen of users, we seem to notice a 20% increase of the size of the mailbox on Exchange 2003 from what it was on Exchange 2000... Is there any explaination for this ???, maybe single message storage or ??? Thanks !!! Single instance storage will be broken during the move. Nue "thinkpad21" <thinkpad21@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:27C8816D-9CF9-4E2F-96B4-CD172226F3D8@microsoft.com.....

icons refresh to much when close folders
When i close my windows exploer or any folder pc keep refreshing icons & slows pc down, i herd there fix for this? using win xp sp3, i have my folder set to list mode so i see the text & windows classic mode not the current xp style. thanks Go here: http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm Scroll to Line 157, left side "Prevent automatic icon and folder refresh" It's a registry file...right-click the link and save it to your desktop: http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs_edits/disablerefresh.reg Double-click the "disablerefresh.reg"...

Domain Admins + Full Mailbox Rights
Hi, I'm running Exchange 2003 and would like to give Domain Admins Full Mailbox access. I can give Full access rights Domain Admins in ADUC \ Mailbox rights, but then if want to remove the check from Domain Admins Full - Mailbox I can't. The tick shows as grey instead. Any ideas please? I think the users object is inhereting permissions from its parent. Regards, Kashif "PL3" wrote: > Hi, > > I'm running Exchange 2003 and would like to give Domain Admins Full Mailbox > access. I can give Full access rights Domain Admins in ADUC \ Mailbox rights, >...

mailboxes for multiple domains
I'm trying to set up several of my users to be able to receive email addressed to either of our two domains. The element that I don't get is how the user can tell to which address the email message was sent, user@acme1.com or user@acme2.com. I have already added the second domain's SMTP to a test account, and can receive mail sent to user@acme2.com just fine, but I need to see that that is the case. Any help is greatly appreciated. On 23 Aug 2005 11:18:54 -0700, mathew.schreiber@gmail.com wrote: >I'm trying to set up several of my users to be able to receive email >a...

OWA Rights to Mailbox problem
We have installed and additional Exchange 5.5 server to our site with OWA and IIS. OWA works fine on original server but if we move a mailbox to the new server, the user cannot forward, delete or send a new message using OWA. The mailbox recieves new mail and it can be read, but it ends there. Can't add to Calander or contacts. Missing some permissions setting, just can't find it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Dan ...

Setting up different mailboxes
Hi I'm sure that this question has been asked many times before. I would like to know how to setup my system, so that different users can get only their own mail. I have created seperate profiles and and acounts, but some how the e-mails goes to who ever downloads their e-mails. POlease help Adriaan What version of Outlook are you using, and if 98 or 2000, what mail support mode? If you're not sure, look at the second line of Help | About Microsoft Outlook -- it should say "Internet Mail Only" or "Corporate/Workgroup". (Outlook 97, 2002, and 2003 don't ...

"Message creation failed; mailbox is full."
how do i delete e-mails Highlight the message and hit the Delete key -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "darren" <darren@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CA78A9C4-7C29-4372-9443-6601C65D2341@microsoft.com... > how do i delete e-mails That doesn't sound like an error message from Windows Mail. Are you using webmail? --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) Microsoft MVP Program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com "darren&...

How to use Mailbox Management?
I need to setup a policy that user's Deleted Items that are older than 90 days are automatically deleted from the system. It looked easy to setup in the Default Policy Properties, but to my surprise it didn't actually DO anything. After the management process runs, the old deleted items are still there. The report says 0 items removed. Puzzled. http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF012.html Did you do all those steps? -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address,...

forward all mail in the mailbox
We have a rather high turn over rate where I work and I find that most of the time the dept head wants all of the email in the terminated persons mailbox. I have played around with a few different options and was just looking for your input on some ways to do it. currently I find that the best way is to give myself permission to the mailbox and load it in Outlook and forward them as needed but that seems to be a bit of a pain to me. Thanks for any suggestions. Justin use exmerge.exe to make a copy of the mailbox to a pst file...then the department head can mount the pst as a perso...

Receives TVN_ENDLABELEDIT after closing the dialog and the app cra
Hi How do I handle the situation where I'm editing a label in a tree view inside a dialog, and while editing I just click the dialog's close button. The TVN_ENDLABELEDIT notification is received AFTER the WM_CLOSE is handled. 'OnEndlabeleditTree' is run AFTER the 'OnClose' method has been run. This cause the app to crash. What kind of check should I do in the 'OnEndlabeledit' method to handle this situation? Look forward for your suggestions. Regards Kjell Arne Johansen OK, first issue: what is the manifestation of the "crash"? (PLEASE do no...

how to close an application using automation
Hi I am writing an application using VB.NET and office 2003. I write some data into the Excel sheetand tehn close it but, I can still see teh excel.exe running in the task manager. .Please help me...:(( The code I am using is : Dim Excel As New Excel.ApplicationClass ' Get a new workbook Dim oBook As Excel._Workbook = CType (Excel.Workbooks.Add(oTemplate), Excel._Workbook) ..... .... oBook.SaveAs("c:\SearchResults.xls") Excel.ActiveWorkbook.Close(False) System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ReleaseComObject (oBook) ' releases the workbook object oBoo...