Mailbox Access

I use Veritas Backup Exec to performa backups of our information stores and
user mailboxes.  During the course of the backups I get warnings from some
mailboxes about e-mails that are corrupt.

My question is, how do I get to the e-mail/mailbox level to find out what is
wrong with the particular message and if need be, eliminate them?

Thanks you.

0
bvanloon (4)

http://mail.tekscan.com/nomailboxes.htm

Bill Van Loon wrote:

> I use Veritas Backup Exec to performa backups of our information stores and
> user mailboxes.  During the course of the backups I get warnings from some
> mailboxes about e-mails that are corrupt.
>
> My question is, how do I get to the e-mail/mailbox level to find out what is
> wrong with the particular message and if need be, eliminate them?
>
> Thanks you.

0
kpalagin1 (1216)

Creating a Mailbox
Hi all, Is it possible to create a mailbox within the Exchange System Manager, eg, info@companyname.com without having to create a user. Im currently using exchange 2003 TIA, James Not really. What is the problem? JD wrote: > Hi all, > > Is it possible to create a mailbox within the Exchange System Manager, eg, > info@companyname.com without having to create a user. > > Im currently using exchange 2003 > > TIA, > > James You cannot create a mailbox in Exchange 2003 without creating a user account associated with it. However, if you just want an SMTP ad...

User explicitly denied "Full Mailbox Access"
I have an administrator account "Mark" that is explicitly denied the Full Mailbox Access permission in "Mailbox Rights". I am able to grant other adminstrators access to the same mailbox, even domain users. It seem the user is inheriting the single Deny permission, but I can't see where from. The user who's mailbox I am trying to grant access to is the domain\users OU. Mark is automatically denied full mailbox access to all users, even if I turn off inheritance in the security tab. Help? Thanks everyone in advance. Is his account listed in the exchange deleg...

How do I query non-donors in Access?
I have an Access 2003 database that is used for our mailing list and keeps donor records. How do I make a query that will tell me all of the donors that have not given in the last five years? I was able to do a query that gave me everyone that had donated more than $100 in the last five years but I can't figure out how to find the donors that have not given. Any suggestions? Thanks!! Jenny Patterson Shelter for Help in Emergency Without knowing your table structure, I'll assume you have a Donors table and a Donations table, both of which have a Donor_ID. The following query ...

mailbox limitations
Can anyone point me to any info on the size limitations for mailboxes & PST files..? I believe that beyond 2 GB MS says you're in a danger zone. I need further info to support our e-mail deletion policy PSTs have a limit of 2GB (corruption may happen even after 1GB). Mailboxes, on the other hand can be in the GB (but I wouldn't recommend it from an administrative standpoint). -- Nick Cavalancia MCSE/MCT/MCNE/MCNI nickc@remove-comsphere.com Comsphere - "Where Knowledge Transfer is Key" Web: http://www.comsphere.com Ph: 954.275.0114 Fax: 954.791.6763 "Mikeg"...

mailbox split during mailbox move :(
If the mailbox move process dies in the middle of the mailbox and there is half of the mailbox on the new server and the other half on the old server. Is it possible to connect those two again? I had one of my mailboxes do this to me on my test domain and I ended up deleting (Purging) it since it wouldn't let me do anything with the part that was left on the source server. I am just wandering what if it would happen on my live server... do I have to bring the mailbox from .PST file or there is another way? Thank you in advance. On Wed, 31 May 2006 09:49:02 -0700, Volodymyr <vg@a...

A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. #2
Every time my Outlook starts up I get a message that says: "A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this?" In the same dialog I get an option to allow this access for a period of time (default is one minute). My question is "how can I tell which program is trying to do this? I have Starfish (sync up with Motorola cell phone) and MapPoint installed. Can it be one of these? How can I be sure it is not a virus or a worm that is trying to do this? Did you notice it started right after you installed a new program, or did it ...

Is there a fle associated with additional mailboxes?
Is there a fle associated with additional mailboxes? Is there a file that keeps track of additional mailboxes that I have access to and are displayed in my outlook folder list? I want to know for migration reasons. Once migrated will I have to add the mailboxes again or is there a file that can be copied or even a utility that will make sure I do not lose any. I only have a few, but some of my co-workers are connected to as many as 15-20 I believe. Thanks for any help They are part of the profile and stored in the registry. See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/mru.htm - I don't rec...

Read Only access to mailbox?
I know that in Active Directory you can grant someon 'Full mailbox access' to another person's mailbox. Can you give Read Only access to another person's mailbox in AD, or do you have to do that through Outlook permissions with delegates or folder permissions? Thanks. On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 08:00:04 -0700, SilverICE <SilverICE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I know that in Active Directory you can grant someon 'Full mailbox access' to >another person's mailbox. Can you give Read Only access to another person's >mailbox in AD, or do you h...

Shared Access: Need ideas for flagging the bosses e-mails
Office 2003 I have shared access to my bosses e-mail. I would like ideas on how we can communciate back and forth on items that have been dealt with or need to follow up on. ...

passwords for access 2007
how do i create username or group with passwords in .accdb. I need some form information protected from some users. I would like to have a checkbox on the main form to allow the other users to access the infomation. Is the possible, getting very confused with the process. Christine, Are you talking about creatig your own? Because ULS was removed from .ACCDB format. -- Gina Whipp 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access) "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!" - Tremors II http://www.regina-whipp.com/index_files/TipList.htm "Christine&q...

provs using outlook to access office web based email
Our tech suggested we use outlook as a more secure means to send and receive mail as we send digital xrays back and forth. He set it up on one office computer, but all users need to access email. How do I set the other machines to use this same process? When users select outlook, they get like an install message. Do I go ahead? I feel silly calling the tech, and every call costs money. Yes, it needs to install. You'll also need to know the email server names to set up the accts. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common ...

Access to Quickbooks
If this isn't the place to post this question, please redirect me. I would like my Access database to be able to "talk" to Quickbooks. (I don't know any other way to phrase that) For example, if I'm keeping track of my inventory with Access, could I link the same information to Quickbooks? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Matt, First off, yes this can be done. Sadly though, it is hard to find examples and help as I have found out. You'll need to download and install the developer's SDK for your version of quickbooks. http://developer.intuit.c...

[OT] 1GB mailbox
i have find this site that offer 1 gb of space!! http://www.walla.com/ it's wonderful! "MMC" <ryuken_26@yahoo.it> said > i have find this site that offer 1 gb of space!! > > http://www.walla.com/ > > it's wonderful! > > No thanks. Since installing my SAN I now have a 10TB mailbox to play with. Andrew Mitchell <amitchell@removecasey.vic.gov.au> wrote in news:Xns95C7E0C461A29casey01@207.46.248.16: > No thanks. > Since installing my SAN I now have a 10TB mailbox to play with. Nice X-face! -- Arlo Clizer Exchange MVP FAQ...

Updating 20k+ rows from Excel to access. vbscript? VBA? SQL?
Any suggestions? Some of these rows only need a few columns updated, and others need all of them updated. If possible if say row 800 column 'S' is filled in the access DB but is blank on the excel spreadsheet, if possible i like to keep the existing data in access and over right it with a blank cell. The spreadsheet is a export of the access DB, changes were made/merged from other spreadsheets so the Unique ID is the same and in column A. A script suggestions to complete this? Thanks :) dim dbe dim db dim ssql set dbe = createobj("dao.dbengine.36") set db = dbe.openda...

XDocument Exclusive Access
I can successfully do the following: xdocument doc = xdocument.load(... my file); xelement bla = doc.descendants.("it").first(); .... do stuff ... doc.save("myfile"); the above works great. however, i want to interact with the file with exclusive access so that no other files can open it/write to it/etc. while i'm doing stuff with it. i know that there's the normal FileStream.open (etc., fileshare.none), but the xdocument class doesn't take a stream as a constructor. is there any way i can do this without having to use the xmldocument class? Thanks. H...

Mailbox Access
I use Veritas Backup Exec to performa backups of our information stores and user mailboxes. During the course of the backups I get warnings from some mailboxes about e-mails that are corrupt. My question is, how do I get to the e-mail/mailbox level to find out what is wrong with the particular message and if need be, eliminate them? Thanks you. http://mail.tekscan.com/nomailboxes.htm Bill Van Loon wrote: > I use Veritas Backup Exec to performa backups of our information stores and > user mailboxes. During the course of the backups I get warnings from some > mailboxes about e-...

cannot delete mailbox in 5.5
when i try to delete a mailbox i get the following error: "failure to delete mailbox" event id is 1203. it suggests to stop and re-start the services, but that does not correct the issue. any suggestion on how to remove the mailbox that is not needed? thx.. Any help from http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;178757 tim wrote: > when i try to delete a mailbox i get the following error: "failure to delete > mailbox" event id is 1203. it suggests to stop and re-start the services, but > that does not correct the issue. any suggestion on how ...

integration manager
I'm trying to access a section of a source XML file (exported from Perfect Commerce) from a field script in an Integration Manager mapping. The ContactValue field is repeated several times and I can only access the first instance using the path SourceFields("ContactList.ContactInfo.ContactValue") Is it possible to use the SourceFields object to get to the email and fax instances of the ContactInfo field? Is there some other way? <ContactList> <ContactInfo> <ContactValue>555-555-5555</ContactValue> <ContactType>phone</C...

Images in Access 2002
I like to display an image in a form for Identification (IDs) . I have a table with the ImageID field and PictureFilename Field. I also have a table with subjectID, firstnameID and lastnameID and the table have relationship. Can I create a form that will display a image (jpg), I though I ‘d have form with a subform to display the image? The image will be in the same folder as the database. How can this be done if it can? Put an image control on the form (can be the main form) that has the PictureFilename field in the form's RecordSource query. Set its Picture property to =Curren...

Checking mailbox usage
Hi, I'm using EX 2003 at the moment, and am pretty new to this, so this is probably really dumb question but... How can I find out the size of users' mailboxes from the server? I've looked everywhere, but can't seem to find it. We are running out of room on our mail server, and I want to find out who the biggest culprits are... Hope somebody can get back to me asap :) TIA Exchange System Manager | Administrative Groups | yourAdmin Group name | Servers | Your Server | your Storage Group Name | Mailbox Store | Mailboxes. Next to each mailbox in that store you'll see ...

Insert Clipart in a Access 2007 Form ?
How can the clipart be inserted in an Access Form Created thru form Wizard where the clipart gallary becomes available to choose from? Clueless in KY, Not sure what you mean... The Clipart Gallery does not become active while creating the form. You can insert an image by using an image control OR creating a background image on a form via the Properties on the form. Perhaps if you explained better what you are trying to do it will help us to assist you... -- Gina Whipp 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access) "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!"...

Granting Admins full rights to all Mailboxes
Hi In our company we wish for the Exchange Admins to be able to open any users mailbox. Since our upgrade to exchange 2003 we have lost that abillity. I have followed the steps in in q821897 to restore this functionallity. The steps did not work, members of Domain Admins still do not have the abillity to open users mailboxes. If anyone has any ideas I would love to hear them Thank mar ...

Unable to access mailbox
Hi, I have suddenly encountered a problem with one of ourmailboxes (Exchange 2003 SP1), this is a monitored account where it is linked to a number of other mailboxes, but since last night, no one has any access to it. I can add the mailbox to my outlook profile, but when trying to open up the mailbox, I receive the error "Unable to expand the folder, the set of folders could not be opened. The informations tore could not be opened." I have tried with using the exchange primary service account (which had full acccess) as welll as seting a primary account for the account an...

Move mailbox increases the size of mailboxes
Hi, Doing a migration of Exchange 2000 to 2003, where mailboxes on an Exchange 2000 server is being moved to a newly installed Exchange 2003 SP2 server. After moving about dozen of users, we seem to notice a 20% increase of the size of the mailbox on Exchange 2003 from what it was on Exchange 2000... Is there any explaination for this ???, maybe single message storage or ??? Thanks !!! Single instance storage will be broken during the move. Nue "thinkpad21" <thinkpad21@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:27C8816D-9CF9-4E2F-96B4-CD172226F3D8@microsoft.com.....

Domain Admins + Full Mailbox Rights
Hi, I'm running Exchange 2003 and would like to give Domain Admins Full Mailbox access. I can give Full access rights Domain Admins in ADUC \ Mailbox rights, but then if want to remove the check from Domain Admins Full - Mailbox I can't. The tick shows as grey instead. Any ideas please? I think the users object is inhereting permissions from its parent. Regards, Kashif "PL3" wrote: > Hi, > > I'm running Exchange 2003 and would like to give Domain Admins Full Mailbox > access. I can give Full access rights Domain Admins in ADUC \ Mailbox rights, >...