mail size restriction

how to restrict the maximum size of message is 2MB for all
user to send through my exchange server 5.5 both local and
ims
0
anonymous (74722)

You can set restrictions on the IMS,.
Local user restrictions in 5.5 are a bit more tricky. However,  by
forcing messages through the MTA and applying the limits on the MTA,
you can accomplish that as well.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSExchangeIS\ParametersSystem
Value : No Local Delivery
Type: DWORD
Value: 0x1

Test of course!

On Sat, 1 May 2004 22:37:43 -0700, "jameel"

>how to restrict the maximum size of message is 2MB for all
>user to send through my exchange server 5.5 both local and
>ims

0
adavid (8731)

Attachments in a mail merge document
HI I am trying to do an e-mail merge from Microsoft word. I have been successful with just formatted text. I would like to however, send an attachment along with these emails. I have tried various methods to achieve this, but have not been successful. Can someone please point me in the right direction? Is Outlook 2002 (XP) capable of doing an e-mail merge with attachments? regards, Andrew No. You would have to use a 3rd party mass mailing program if you need to send attachments. Look here for a list of possible programs: http://www.slipstick.com/addins/mail.htm#massmail -- ...

Mail Merge Page Setup
I would like to know how to keep the same document settings from a mail merge template to the merged documents. I would like to set up features for printing etc in page set up. When I do this in my mail merge template the features do not move into the merged new document. Is this possible? How can I make this work? Thanks ...

how to keep someone from e-mailing
We have a need to stop certain groups of users from e-mailing people in another e-mail domain. We cannot stop all incoming e-mail from that domain, but we want to deny specific users. We currently have an Exchange 5.5 e-mail organinzation, but within 6 months this 5.5 organization will be collapsed into the Parent domain running Exchange 2000. Also once this collapse is completed this e- mailing will also need to be in place. Any suggestions for a short term and long term resolution? Thanks Hello Brent, Thank you for your post. On the user A, that you do not want UserB to be able t...

Cannot Send Mail on Dialup But Can On Broadband #3
I use Outlook 2000 on my desktop and Outlook 2003 on my laptop. In each case, I have it configured to send/receive mail from about a dozen accounts on two different servers. On my laptop, I am able to both send and receive mail when I am connected via broadband, but only send when on dialup. I have noticed this in hotels and at worksites. For example, when staying in a hotel, if I dial in (I use AOL), I can receive mail but cannot send it. However, if I decide to purchase the hotel's broadband option, I can both send and receive. I found the same thing while working at a client. I ...

send outside e-mail address
when I send outside e-mail address, the mail goes to administrator account when the address is not a contact or other objects in AD. How this could be solve? Thx. see other post of yours "lamlam" <lamlam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CA46EB16-18E4-42A5-AD98-3C9472D05FC0@microsoft.com... > when I send outside e-mail address, the mail goes to administrator account > when the address is not a contact or other objects in AD. How this could be > solve? > > Thx. > ...

VBA Macro or rule to automatically move e-mails sent/received to a specific contact/mail folder?
I'm sure this question has been asked a million times, but here goes again. I'd like to have e-mail messages that are received from, or sent to, specific e-mail addresses AUTOMATICALLY moved from the Inbox (or Sent Items) folder in to specific folders (one per contact) I have created. I believe a VBA macro may be the best way of doing this - I have looked at message rules but don't like the idea of having to define/maintain hundreds and hundreds of rules which are the same but differ only for e-mail address/destination folder. The e-mail addresses are defined as Outlook contacts...

Exchange 2003 Web Mail.. Disappearing content.
I have a strange situation brewing that I haven't been able to figure out yet. About once a day, my Exchange 2003 server forgets how to display email content. That is, when a user tries to open ANY email, it opens, but there is NO content. The only solutions I have come up with are temporary: 1) Reboot the server (which can take in excess of 15 minutes), or 2) Restart the MS Exchange Store service. Sometimes I have to restart the IIS web site where webmail is configured and running Specs on the server are 2ghz P3 with 1gig RAM w/ Windows 2003 Enterprise Serve Exchange 200 IIS6. I wo...

Can't Delete, Copy, or Move a mail Item (Exch 2003
I cannot delete, move or copy a mail item from a users mailbox. A message is displayed that says "The item could not be deleted. It was either moved or already deleted, or access was denied." So the message is stuck I've already tried disabling Cached Exchange Mode but that did not work. I've found one item in the Knowledge Base related to this issue (ID:3263296 Title: XADM: Cannot Delete or Move Messages in Messaging Client) but it relates to Exchange 2000 Only. We are running Exchange 2003 with Outlook 2003 as the mail client. Is there any thing I can do. Would an ...

Make e-mail bigger
when I receive e-mail, the screen is to small to see the whole thing. I have to move bars up & down or across & back to see the whole thing. How do I fix this? Thanks Sorry, this newsgroup is intended for questions about Access, the database product that's part of Office Professional. Since you posted this using Outlook Express, I'm assuming that that's the e-mail client in which you're interested. Try reposting your question to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress Note: when you repost, I'd recommend that you munge your e-mail address...

Copy of sent e-mails in customized folder
Hi, is there an easy way to make OL2007 saving sent e-mails as original in sent items and as copy in an user-defined folder? Using the OL-standard-function to save sent e-mails will only save the mail in the selected folder, but I need the sent mail in the sent items-folder, too. Thanx Carsten "Carsten" <Carsten@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:19EEF9A2-4965-466D-85CE-8E6F889CB70F@microsoft.com... > is there an easy way to make OL2007 saving sent e-mails as original in sent > items and as copy in an user-defined folder? > >...

Windows mail setup 01-25-10
I am trying to set up Windows mail to read my Microsoft Office Live mail. Has anyone done this? All I get is that I need Outlook, but Windows mail says it replaces Outlook,, but the steps I have taken do not work per the e-mail I received from Microsft Office via an e-mail I sent from the site. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Bob For your Yahoo account or do you mean from a Live account (or both)? You just set each of them up in Tools - Accounts. Yahoo must be a "Plus" account - see: http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/original/mailplus/po...

E-mail with attachments
I sent an e-mail message with six pictures taken with A Sony Cybershot camera DSC-W55 7.2 Megapixels. The message in in the "sent" folder but the recipients have not received it. I repeated the process several times with the same result. Any words of wisdom? Since this is a forum for Dynamics GP, an accounting system, my words of wisdom would be please take a little care in choosing where you are posting your questions! -- Lyle U ormeagzone wrote: > I sent an e-mail message with six pictures taken with A Sony > Cybershot camera DSC-W55 7.2 Megapixels. The message in in...

what is the maximum size for emails?
what is the maximum size for emails? -- Kevin Shafer hdgkevin@twcny.rr.com On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 10:43:47 -0500, "HARMONY DESIGN GROUP" <hdesigng@twcny.rr.com> wrote: >what is the maximum size for emails? I don't know the maximum size, but I have used Outlook to send and receive files that are over 20 MB. Most people run into another problem with large emails. Their Internet provider only allows a certain size, sometimes 6 or 10 MB. I had a need to send and receive these large files, so I contracted with an outside mail provider to handle them. (www.tuffmail.co...

Extract Data for Mail Merge
Hello All, I am using Office 2000 and have a workbook named Master.xls with Sheet1 having 100+ columns of data running several hundred rows down. A1, B1, C1....... are headers like Name, LastName, Address1, Address2............and so on I want to use Master.xls for generating about 20+ mail merge letters in MS Word. I have designed the Mail Merge file in Word with all the required fields... I wish to know how is it possible for me to generate the Mail Merge letters in MS Word while I am working on the Master.xls file. 1) Do I need to close the Master.xls file and then generate each and ev...

Cannot send E-mail from within CRM 3.0
HI All can someone please help I have CRM 3.0 install for about 10 users, we have Exchange 2003 and Exchange 2007. Exchange 2003 holds the E-mail router and exchange 2007 is running as the Mailbox server. A user will attempt to send a e-mail back to a external customer and the following error appears. Server Error in '/' Application. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Server was unable to process request. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for...

Proper sizing of a frame with splitter window
Could someone please give me some ideas on what a proper method of sizing a frame containing splitter window is? I'm looking for a similar functionality that ResizeParentToFit() provides for CScrollView. I'd like to programmatically set the frame size so it tightly wraps around a static splitter with 2 columns. I'd appreciate any examples and/or pointers. Bogdan ...

email file size limits with MSN
I am unable to send or receive emails larger than about 200Kbt with Outlook 2002 HTTP and MSN dial-up connection. After about a minute I get an error message from MSN that the connection has been broken due to a "time out" event. I have been told by Microsoft that there is a known problem with HTTP mail servers and I should shift to POP3 server. MSN tells me POP3 is not available to me. How can I fix this problem or will it go away if I change ISP to Earthlink? THANKS ! ! ! ! ...

what makes pst files get bigger in size?
what makes pst files get bigger in size? I have a pst file which is 75 MB and I dont see the reason why its so big. I do not have files attached in the calnder or so... Is there a way to reduce the size? exciter, you wrote on Tue, 20 Dec 2005 12:28:45 +0100: > Is there a way to reduce the size? Try to reduce the size by compacting the file. Control Panel | Mail | Datfiles | Settings | Compact -- Best Regards Christian Goeller exciter <t24680@hotmail.com> wrote: > what makes pst files get bigger in size? You add items to them, like incoming mail, appointments, tasks,...

Get back mail adresses from mails inside an outlook folder
Hi, I would like to get back mail adresses from mails i've received in order to make a reply on them with a mail already written. Could you help me? Olivier You can right click on an address in the header of an email and choose to add it to your Contacts, if that would help you. "Olivier" <opontecaille@partnerinterim.com> wrote in message news:dsuuob$5do$1@s1.news.oleane.net... > Hi, > I would like to get back mail adresses from mails i've received in order > to > make a reply on them with a mail already written. > Could you help me? Olivier <...

possible to default?: Format Comment > Alignment > Automatic Size
Rather than selecting the "Automatic Size" for each cell comment ONE AT A TIME, is it possible to set your options so that all cell comments start out with the automatic size feature enabled? Thank you. The change comments at one time with a macro http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/ccomment.htm#resize To catch comments and resize them when the workbook is opened see Stephen Bullen's reply in http://groups.google.com/groups?th=4e1723a41570510d --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/exc...

Disabling incoming e-mail?
If we want to leave an e-mail account open but stop any e-mails from coming in, how do we do this? For example a shared mailbox by several people belongs to someone no longer work with the company. Thanks! If they just need access, remove the smtp addresses, and exclude it from being stamped by the RUS. You might just mangle the address as well. Mail will come in, but it will bounce... "Boe" <boe_d@notspam.hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23UpxNtWTGHA.5900@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > If we want to leave an e-mail account open but stop any e-mails from > ...

Unable to view outlook express (OE) mail imported into WL-Mail
Hi, I have a new notebook running Windows7. I was running XP on my old laptop and using OE. Following advice posted in other discussions, I have imported the OE mail into Windows Live Mail BUT I can't view any messages in the Imported folder. The Import process appears to work fine because I can see WLM importing the OE messages - but, as I say, i can't actually see them anywhere! Any suggestions?? Many thanks, Richard You may have to click on the little triangle to expand the Imported folder. -- Ron Sommer MS MVP-Mail "Richard" <Richard@di...

Specify additional host in Internet Mail Service Connections
Can somebody tell me the proper way to specify an additional host to accept mail messages from my Internet Mail Service? In the Internet Mail Service Properties under the 'Connections' Tab I have an IP address specified in the 'Message Delivery' portion of the screen. The option to 'Forward all messages to host:' is selected. If I were to want to forward to another host (for load balancing purposes) can I simply enter a comma and a second IP address or is there more to it? If so what else do I have to do if I want to forward my mail to two different SMTP ...

Rejected E-mails to Specific Domain
I'm running Exchange Server 2003 SP1. We have two domains I'll call DomainOne.com and DomainTwo.com which are on two different subnets and at two separate sites. The Exchange Server is in DomainOne. Also, on an Active Directory server (ADServer01) in DomainOne is a secondary zone for DNS replication from DomainTwo.com. We do this to be able to resolve PC names through a VPN from DomainOne.com to DomainTwo.com. For e-mail, DomainTwo.com uses an external pop3 e-mail provider I'll call POPEmail.com. Their e-mail addresses use the following format: jsmith@DomainTwo.com. So, all ...

Saving E-Mail Messages in HTML Format
I am ugprgading from Windows XP Pro and Outlook 2003 to Windows 7 and Outlook 2007. When I was using Outlook 2003, I saved all of my e-mail to my hard drive as HTML files. These files could be read by either Word 2003 or Windows Explorer. Now that I am using Windows 7 and Outlook 7, when I save my e-mail messages as HTML files, I create both an HTML file and an HTML folder. This is really frustrating. Word 2007 cannot open the HTML files, and I am creating HTML folders which are cluttering up the folders used to store e-mail. This is really crazy. What is Microsoft tryin...