Mail Routing Question.

I have an Exchange 2003 Server. My client would like for all mail to be sent
to the internet, no internal x400 mail. He wants this because he is away from
the office quuite a bit and syncs his phone with the ISP, receives all
external email, but none from his office. He does not have a compatible phone
yet for Exchange Activesync.
How would I set it up on the server to have all mail go through the
Internet. Thank you.

Keith
0
KeithC (17)

Your question is a little confusing please clarify. SMTP is native to
Exchange 2003 and while the X400 protocol is available by default it is not
used. If you setup Exchange and OMA in particular and provide a fqdn with a
public IP address your client will have access to his mail. If you explain
exactly what you hope to achieve we can offer more suggestions.

Nue
"Keith C" <KeithC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have an Exchange 2003 Server. My client would like for all mail to be
>sent
> to the internet, no internal x400 mail. He wants this because he is away
> from
> the office quuite a bit and syncs his phone with the ISP, receives all
> external email, but none from his office. He does not have a compatible
> phone
> yet for Exchange Activesync.
> How would I set it up on the server to have all mail go through the
> Internet. Thank you.
>
> Keith

0
imaneophyte (3004)
3/29/2006 1:36:47 PM
On Wed, 29 Mar 2006 05:11:02 -0800, Keith C
<KeithC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have an Exchange 2003 Server. My client would like for all mail to be sent
>to the internet, no internal x400 mail. He wants this because he is away from
>the office quuite a bit and syncs his phone with the ISP, receives all
>external email, but none from his office. He does not have a compatible phone
>yet for Exchange Activesync.
>How would I set it up on the server to have all mail go through the
>Internet. Thank you.
>
>Keith

Set up forwarding to his external account in ADUC. Create a
mail-enabled contact for the external SMTP address and forward to
that.
0
adavid (8731)
3/29/2006 1:56:34 PM

"Nuevo" wrote:

> Your question is a little confusing please clarify. SMTP is native to
> Exchange 2003 and while the X400 protocol is available by default it is not
> used. If you setup Exchange and OMA in particular and provide a fqdn with a
> public IP address your client will have access to his mail. If you explain
> exactly what you hope to achieve we can offer more suggestions.
>
> Nue
> "Keith C" <KeithC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have an Exchange 2003 Server. My client would like for all mail to be
> >sent
> > to the internet, no internal x400 mail. He wants this because he is away
> > from
> > the office quuite a bit and syncs his phone with the ISP, receives all
> > external email, but none from his office. He does not have a compatible
> > phone
> > yet for Exchange Activesync.
> > How would I set it up on the server to have all mail go through the
> > Internet. Thank you.
> >
> > Keith
>

> When my clients employees send him email, they go directly to his inbox. He wants them to go to outside to his ISP so he can pull it from his phone. Then when he is back in the office he will pull it to his desktop from the Outlook client.
Is there a better way of doing this?
0
KeithC (17)
3/29/2006 2:03:01 PM

"Andy David - MVP" wrote:

> On Wed, 29 Mar 2006 05:11:02 -0800, Keith C
> <KeithC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I have an Exchange 2003 Server. My client would like for all mail to be sent
> >to the internet, no internal x400 mail. He wants this because he is away from
> >the office quuite a bit and syncs his phone with the ISP, receives all
> >external email, but none from his office. He does not have a compatible phone
> >yet for Exchange Activesync.
> >How would I set it up on the server to have all mail go through the
> >Internet. Thank you.
> >
> >Keith
>

> Set up forwarding to his external account in ADUC. Create a
> mail-enabled contact for the external SMTP address and forward to
> that.

I am sorry, not sure where to setup forwarding in ADUC?
0
KeithC (17)
3/29/2006 2:40:03 PM
Right click on the user in AD users and computers, choose properties,
Exchange general, delivery options.

> "Andy David - MVP" wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 29 Mar 2006 05:11:02 -0800, Keith C
>> <KeithC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>> >I have an Exchange 2003 Server. My client would like for all mail to be
>> >sent
>> >to the internet, no internal x400 mail. He wants this because he is away
>> >from
>> >the office quuite a bit and syncs his phone with the ISP, receives all
>> >external email, but none from his office. He does not have a compatible
>> >phone
>> >yet for Exchange Activesync.
>> >How would I set it up on the server to have all mail go through the
>> >Internet. Thank you.
>> >
>> >Keith
>>

>> Set up forwarding to his external account in ADUC. Create a
>> mail-enabled contact for the external SMTP address and forward to
>> that.
>>

> I am sorry, not sure where to setup forwarding in ADUC?

0
imaneophyte (3004)
3/29/2006 2:53:19 PM
OK, I found the delivery options. How do I create a mail-enabled contact for
the external SMTP address? Will that then double all of his email messages or
just forward the ones sent internally. Thanks and sorry about all the
questions.

"Nuevo" wrote:

> Right click on the user in AD users and computers, choose properties,
> Exchange general, delivery options.
>
> Nue
> "Keith C" <KeithC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >

> > "Andy David - MVP" wrote:

> >> Set up forwarding to his external account in ADUC. Create a
> >> mail-enabled contact for the external SMTP address and forward to
> >> that.
> >>

> > I am sorry, not sure where to setup forwarding in ADUC?

0
KeithC (17)
3/29/2006 3:11:03 PM
Right click in the ADUC user or container where you want to create the
contact and choose new contact. Fill in the information. Then go back to the
properties of the user and forward to that contact. You have a couple of
options with forwarding, copy to both places or just forward, leaving no
copy on the server. This will forward any messages his Exchange account
receives.

> OK, I found the delivery options. How do I create a mail-enabled contact
> for
> the external SMTP address? Will that then double all of his email messages
> or
> just forward the ones sent internally. Thanks and sorry about all the
> questions.
>
> "Nuevo" wrote:
>
>> Right click on the user in AD users and computers, choose properties,
>> Exchange general, delivery options.
>>
>> Nue
>> "Keith C" <KeithC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>> > I am sorry, not sure where to setup forwarding in ADUC?

0
imaneophyte (3004)
3/29/2006 3:18:35 PM
This method does not seem like it will work. Let me see if I can explain this
better.

I have a domain called Test.com. I setup user Joe Smith and his email
address is Joe@test.com. In the Email Address tab in ADUC he had Joe@test.com
and Joe@test.local. When he is out of the office, his employees send him
email and it goes directly to his INBOX. He wants this inner office mail to
go out to Joe@test.com not local. He then can sync with the test.com site and
retrieve all email, both internal and external. Sorry for the confusion.

"Nuevo" wrote:

> Right click in the ADUC user or container where you want to create the
> contact and choose new contact. Fill in the information. Then go back to the
> properties of the user and forward to that contact. You have a couple of
> options with forwarding, copy to both places or just forward, leaving no
> copy on the server. This will forward any messages his Exchange account
> receives.
>
> Nue
> "Keith C" <KeithC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > OK, I found the delivery options. How do I create a mail-enabled contact
> > for
> > the external SMTP address? Will that then double all of his email messages
> > or
> > just forward the ones sent internally. Thanks and sorry about all the
> > questions.
> >
> > "Nuevo" wrote:
> >
> >> Right click on the user in AD users and computers, choose properties,
> >> Exchange general, delivery options.
> >>
> >> Nue
> >> "Keith C" <KeithC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
KeithC (17)
3/29/2006 3:40:03 PM
Any other suggestions?

"Keith C" wrote:

> This method does not seem like it will work. Let me see if I can explain this
> better.
>
> I have a domain called Test.com. I setup user Joe Smith and his email
> address is Joe@test.com. In the Email Address tab in ADUC he had Joe@test.com
> and Joe@test.local. When he is out of the office, his employees send him
> email and it goes directly to his INBOX. He wants this inner office mail to
> go out to Joe@test.com not local. He then can sync with the test.com site and
> retrieve all email, both internal and external. Sorry for the confusion.
>
> "Nuevo" wrote:
>
> > Right click in the ADUC user or container where you want to create the
> > contact and choose new contact. Fill in the information. Then go back to the
> > properties of the user and forward to that contact. You have a couple of
> > options with forwarding, copy to both places or just forward, leaving no
> > copy on the server. This will forward any messages his Exchange account
> > receives.
> >
> > Nue
> > "Keith C" <KeithC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > OK, I found the delivery options. How do I create a mail-enabled contact
> > > for
> > > the external SMTP address? Will that then double all of his email messages
> > > or
> > > just forward the ones sent internally. Thanks and sorry about all the
> > > questions.

0
KeithC (17)
3/29/2006 5:32:03 PM
Is the test.com example you use a reference to an AD domain or a domain for
which Exchange is responsible for mail? If not then remove the test.com
address from Joe and add it to the contact and forward as previously
described. If it is then you're going to have give more information about
how mail flow is setup and how you're ISP fits into this picture.

> Any other suggestions?
>
> "Keith C" wrote:
>
>> This method does not seem like it will work. Let me see if I can explain
>> this
>> better.
>>
>> I have a domain called Test.com. I setup user Joe Smith and his email
>> address is Joe@test.com. In the Email Address tab in ADUC he had
>> Joe@test.com
>> and Joe@test.local. When he is out of the office, his employees send him
>> email and it goes directly to his INBOX. He wants this inner office mail
>> go out to Joe@test.com not local. He then can sync with the test.com site
>> and
>> retrieve all email, both internal and external. Sorry for the confusion.
>>
>> "Nuevo" wrote:
>>
>> > Right click in the ADUC user or container where you want to create the
>> > contact and choose new contact. Fill in the information. Then go back
>> > to the
>> > properties of the user and forward to that contact. You have a couple
>> > of
>> > options with forwarding, copy to both places or just forward, leaving
>> > no
>> > copy on the server. This will forward any messages his Exchange account
>> > receives.
>> >
>> > Nue
>> > "Keith C" <KeithC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
imaneophyte (3004)
3/29/2006 5:44:12 PM
Test.com is a domain hosted by a 3rd party. Our Exchange server just pulls
the mail from the Test.com site.  Thanks.

Keith

"Nuevo" wrote:

> Is the test.com example you use a reference to an AD domain or a domain for
> which Exchange is responsible for mail? If not then remove the test.com
> address from Joe and add it to the contact and forward as previously
> described. If it is then you're going to have give more information about
> how mail flow is setup and how you're ISP fits into this picture.
>
> Nue
> "Keith C" <KeithC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Any other suggestions?
> >
> > "Keith C" wrote:
> >
> >> This method does not seem like it will work. Let me see if I can explain
> >> this
> >> better.
> >>
> >> I have a domain called Test.com. I setup user Joe Smith and his email
> >> address is Joe@test.com. In the Email Address tab in ADUC he had
> >> Joe@test.com
> >> and Joe@test.local. When he is out of the office, his employees send him
> >> email and it goes directly to his INBOX. He wants this inner office mail
> >> go out to Joe@test.com not local. He then can sync with the test.com site
> >> and
> >> retrieve all email, both internal and external. Sorry for the confusion.

0
KeithC (17)

re-downloading mail on Outlook 2003
I just upgraded from Office 97 to Office 2003. Using Outlook 97, my wife and I were able to use different computers but share one email account. The same mail was downloaded to each PC one time. Now, the same mail gets downloaded over and over again on each PC. I obviously can choose to delete the mail from the server so that it only gets read once, but then the second PC will never see it. How can I get the same behavior from Outlook 2003 that I used to have? Reading 500 messages every 10 minutes makes the upgrade really unusable. Try creating a new mail profile on each comput...

Question about KillFocus()
Hi everyone, Can I post this: PostMessage(WM_KILLFOCUS, NULL, 0); I have a CListBox that I want to lock while being able to select items in it and show the selection. What I want to do is post the message above whenever the list is in focus. Right now, in the OnSetfocus() message handler of my dialog, I do: m_stcListTitle.SetFocus(); where 'm_stcListTitle' is the static control of the list's title. This is working fine; but I want to create a class derived from CListBox to handle this. I appreciate any help. Thank you, Geo >Can I post this: PostMessage(WM_KILLFOCUS, N...

How do you a mail message to everyone in your mail database
How do you sending a mail message to everyone is your mail database? I have switched internet dial-up links and need to send a message to everyone. -- Michael Felix felix@attglobal.net You can select all items in your Contacts folder (assuming they all have valid e-mail addresses -- if not, set a filter first so that only those with valid e-mail addresses are showing) and then click Actions | New message to contact. Of course, if you have a lot of contacts, your ISP may balk at sending to so many at once -- if so, you'll have to break up the list somehow. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP -...

CRM Security Question
I am trying to enable access to a few features in our MS CRM installation (specifically New/Case and New/Article). If I log in as the Domain Administrator on our MS CRM server, I can access CRM using the "CRM Management" shortcut. Once into the CRM Web Interface, I drop down on the New menu and see "Case" and "Article" in their own section of the menu. However, if I login with my own account ID from my workstation, I do not see these options in the New menu. I have matched my login settings with the settings for the Domain Administrator in CRM (Busines...

OL2003 unable to send mail
Hi In OL2003 when I try to send email I get; 'Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. The following recipient(s) could not be reached: .... None of your email accounts could send to this recipient.' The pc is connected to the internet via a router. Other pcs connected to the router can send mail fine. What is the problem and how can I fix it? Thanks Regards Do you require authentication to send email? check with your provider. "John" <John@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote in message news:%23AzlAxUQFHA.3196@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi ...

Calendar question #4
Is there a clean way to show that I'm not available except during office hours? I could give myself two daily appointments, and appointments in the weekends, but now my calendar is all cluttered up. The only thing I know of is setting the bounds of your work day but I don't think that marks the rest of the day as 'busy' "Howard Brazee" <howard@brazee.net> wrote in message news:ek4nLfzpFHA.620@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Is there a clean way to show that I'm not available except during office > hours? > I could give myself two daily appointments,...

Safe sendershould not go to junk mail
Hi, I have an web application sends email, I found outlook 2003 puts the emails to the junk mail folder if multiple emails were sent within a short period of time, about 1 minute. The initial one was ok went to inbox, while the followings went to junk mail. but if the gap between multiple emails sent time was longer, the problem went away. (each one went to inbox). This only happened for outlook 2003, not for outlook xp. The sender address is in the global address list, with the same domain with all my users. (so I think it qualified as safe sender.) Question: How can I turn off this filt...

multiple e-mails
Usin' Outlook or Outlook Express, for some reason I keep gettin' repeat emails. Somebody can send me one and I get the same message two or three times! What can I do, if anything, to cure this problem? Anybody had the same problem? Please don't tell me I'm the only one that has had this problem... Rayce texican@coastaccess.com ...

Titan/4.0 Question -- Customizing Sales Quotas
Hi, Does anyone know with Titan/4.0 if there is a way to get at the sales quotas and add additional fields there? Right now it is all dollar based and we want to add a couple more attributes (i.e., units, type, etc.) to it. It appears that Quotas are associated with the Fiscal Calendar Entity but I can't seem to find a way to modify that. Anyone know? Alan ...

SeriesCollection question
Very simple question.... Is there a way to get the max number of the SeriesCollection? The reason I am asking is that I use a date range to properly configure my chart Based off the dates, I may have different amount if seriescollections. I'm not sure what you're asking for. I hope this brackets your question, or at least gives you a hint. The maximum number of series in a chart: 255 The number of points in a series: ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(i).Points.Count The maximum Y value in a series: WorksheetFunction.Max(ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(i).Values) The maximum X ...

roadwarrior + principal + multigig e-mail + psts = ???
hi all, here's the deal. we have a principal who travels all the time. she gets an insane amount of legit e-mail with small to large attachments (we cap it at 15 MB, 5 MB is fairly common). her mailbox is capped at 700 MB. this is not enough. we have to archive for her every other month. she has almost 2GBs of PST archives on the network. she wants to have access to them all the time. so we have set up offline files to sync the pst folder. ick. sometimes she'll actually edit the psts on the road and when she gets back she's asked to choose between the network version and her loca...

mails are not going out side of my domain
hi , i have an exchange 2003 (sp1) with windows server 2003(sp1) i have an smtp filter for exchange which filters the mails coming in my exchange server , the scenario is like that , first i have an router then pix firewall and then smtp filter then my exchange comes ,he domain controller and exchnage are on same machine. today i am getting a problem is that the mails from hotmail and yahoo are coming to my exchange but the mails from my exchange are not going outside ,the error i am getting is given below. "Your message with Subject: hi test mail could not be delivered to the fo...

e-mail #17
Microsoft Outlook does not respond to making it my default for e-mail. I have checked all that I know how to. It is checked as my default under "Other" Tab but it continues to send my e-mail to Outlook Express. Why? What am I doing wrong? Orville Cruea <ocruea@columbus.rr.com> wrote: > Microsoft Outlook does not respond to making it my > default for e-mail. I have checked all that I know how > to. It is checked as my default under "Other" Tab but it > continues to send my e-mail to Outlook Express. Why? What > am I doing wrong? What you are doi...

Sync. question for .pst file. #3
If anyone can help, I would like to sync my .pst file from my office PC to my laptop. Now I am using the sync program in Windows 2K and I get the error that says this type of file is unable to be Synchronized. I have done this before, I know you can go into the Registry and change what types of files can and can't be Synchronized. Can anyone tell me where that setting is. It's been a while since I had to do this and I completely forgot. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me. P.S. Running Win 2K and Office 2003. ...

Counts for Mail Folders #2
I'd like to have the total number of messages in all the folders and subfolders of my mailbox to appear on the status bar. I don't think that's possible "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:21235507-8D1A-49F6-8ACA-AEFF12922B79@microsoft.com... > I'd like to have the total number of messages in all the folders and > subfolders of my mailbox to appear on the status bar. ...

Importing old MS Mail folders
I need to import the shared folders and global address book from an old MS Mail postoffice. I have seen some discussions concerning migrating mailboxes but very little at that. Can anyone point me in the right direction? THanx! ...

repititive e-mails
Outlook 2002 in Office XP When sending, the mail does not leave the outbox and sends over and over again, never making it to the sent items folder. The recipients are getting it multiple times. How to fix? ...

Unable to send e-mails, but can receive e-mail.
I have re-installed Windows Outlook 2000 but now I can not receive e-mails. My network configuration is correct. My IP address and server are correctly labeled, but I still can not receive e-mail. Everyone on the server are not having any problems. What should I do? Hi - which is it you're having a problem with? Your subject line & message content are contradictory... Are you connecting to an Exchange server? What kind of mail account are you having problems with? What errors do you get? GJimenez wrote: > I have re-installed Windows Outlook 2000 but now I can not > receive...

Mail receiveing but not sending
Since setting up my mail to use SMTP instead of pop3 I can recieve mail fine but when I send mail it goes but doesn't turn up at the other end! I used the ICW in sbs 2003 to configure it. I've checked the queues on the exchange server but there all empty. My exchange Small Business SMTP connector Properties are set to forward all mail through a smart host. currently smtp.ozemail.com.au!! Not sure why this is happening! Any help would be appreciated! Thanks Any help from SBS newsgroup? John wrote: > Since setting up my mail to use SMTP instead of pop3 I can > recie...

Incoming mail server changes to "localhost" after windows is restarting
hi... this is the problem i am facing...can anyone help me "Incoming mail server changes to "localhost" after windows is restarting" pls reply in vijai@fourdtech.co.in" Thanks & Regards Vijay The most likely reason is that you have an antivirus solution installed that can scan e-mail as it is downloaded. You would need to disable the scanning of e-mail to get what you describe to stop. "vijai@fourdtech.co.in" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:146d01c4a20a$b5ca8e60$a301280a@phx.gbl... > hi... > > this is ...

Replicate mail boxes?
is it possable to replicate mail boxes? I would like to do this while we migrate fully over to our new server? What are you trying to accomplish? replicate Stores? At byte and block levels using 3rd party products like NSI, or from storage vendors like NetApp (SnapMirror) and EMC. Exchange 12 is reported to have log shipping. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "Josh" <Jsawyer@insightbb.com> wrote in message news:e$ZlNv66FHA.4076@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > is it possable to replicate mail...

GP 8 Security Reporting Question
I need to generate a list of everyone in the system (Dynamics GP 8) that has access to post journal entries, by company. Is there any way to do this without manually reviewing every GP user in every company? We have quite a few companies and users, and I am looking for the most efficient way to accomplish this. Thanks for any help that anyone can provide. ...

change mail format for contacts
For the iphone, attachments come over as winmail.dat and the solution is to change the mail format in options, mail format to HTML. Also the individual contacts needs to be changed by double clicking the email address and changing the internet format to Send Plain Text only. After these changes are made, the attachments come over fine. I have had problems with this issue with some contact before. I would love to be able to make this change globally instead of having to edit all contacts. Can this be done. It can be done with some VBA code, which you'll find here: ht...

Mailing in a test enviornment
I have a CRM ans SQL server configure on a single machine and the Domain controleer along with exchange Server on a seperate machine. Till some time back Mails could be sent via CRM and they could be seen in the history tab. Suddenly when i try to send mails vai CRM, it gives me the following error: Unexpected Error for more information contact your system administrator. I have checked all the necessary services required for the excahnge enviornment. The exchange router has been reinstalled as well. Still cannot figure out why I am getting this error. Thank for your help in advance Jus...

delete blocked senders messages on receipt why junk mail them?
Why is it that after going to all the trouble of putting people onto a blocked senders list the filter still puts their messages into the junk mail folder for you to delete them? Or am I understanding the training wrong? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane....