Mail REFUSED to Public folder

My piblic folders are not allowing certain groups of users to send mail to
mail enabled public folders.  These public folders had been working for
quite sometime and all of a sudden they don't.  I read articles 319753 and
323728 but they do not fix the problem.  Does anyone have an idea as to how
fix this.  All my mail-enabled public folders are down.  Is there a way to
search the AD for groups that the Exchange Enterprise Group cannot read?

Thanks,

Paul

0
plago (3)

Can't Minimize File->Send To->mail Recipient as attachment
This just started possibly due to one of the latest security patches from Microsoft. As an administrator I have no problem but my domain users are unable to minimize the mail window when using the send to function. They used to be able to do this. They could open several "send to" windows and combine all of the files if they wanted to. But not now. If anyone has experienced this and can shed some light I would appreciate it. There are no critical updates I need to install right now. I am up to date. I am running Citrix XPs on a Win2k server. I am running Office 2000 on this ...

Re-order Folder List
Does anyone know of a way to re-order the folder list on the left hand side of the Outlook view. The default is alphabetical - but can this be changed? Thanks for your help. Not possible, but you can use the Outlook Shortcut Bar and put shortcuts in the order you like, and then hide the folder list. Mark wrote: > Does anyone know of a way to re-order the folder list on > the left hand side of the Outlook view. The default is > alphabetical - but can this be changed? > > Thanks for your help. ...

Rights error creating Calendar in Public Folders
OK this is maddening because it should be so simple. I am trying to create a Calendar in the root of All Public Folders. I click File/New/Folder, select All Public Folders, type the name and select Appointment Items as the "contains" type and it errors with: Unable to create the folder. You do not have sufficient permission to perform this operation on this object. See the folder contact or your system administrator. This is Exchange 5.5. I am logged onto NT4 as the Administrator account and I am logged into Outlook using the e-mail account associated with the Administr...

How do I make my e-mail newsletter longer?
I want to use the existing e-mail templates to create my newsletter but I need more space. When I use File, Page Set-up I can make the page longer but it places all the text boxes in the middle of the lengthened page. What should I do? Thanks, You will have to adjust the elements. Even if you make the page longer, Publisher will only send the standard size page as an email message and all the elements will be attached rather than embedded. Convert the publication to a web page. Setup up your email to send HTML, copy and paste your publication, it will then be embedded. Be aware most f...

Deliver new mail to the following location (none)
How do I change the (none) to something Outlook will recognize so that Outlook will statrt What version of Outlook? Do you have a mail account configured? Do you have an Outlook Data file configured? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Philip asked: | How do I change the (none) to something Outlook will | recognize so that Outlook will statrt ...

Synchronizing folders?
Hello, Outlook 2007 is taking an extremely long time to open, about 1 hour. I thought it may be becuase I turned on my Pop3 scan on my antivirus, but turned it off and still having problem. There is an icon in the taskbar with the control tip, Synchronizing folders. It came up yesterday, for the first time, and now is appearing again. Could that be the problem? I have been receiving 1 email for the longest time now. Thanks for any help and God Bless, Mark A. Sam Reboot your PC, start outlook using the Safe switch does it still take forever to start? Run Outlo...

I am not getting any incoming e-mail messages
I can send but no messages arrive. At my Bell South e-mail page, they are all there, but zero comes in on Outlook. What happens when you try? Are there any errors and error messages? -- Kathleen Orland Blessed are the crack''d, for it is they who let in the light Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ "Harvey G." wrote: > I can send but no messages arrive. At my Bell South e-mail page, they are all > there, but zero comes in on Outlook. I click on the mail icon on my Bell South home page, and Outlook comes up, but always sh...

Desktop folder redirection, Terminal Server 2008
I have a Server 2008 Terminal Server installed in an SBS 2003 network. I cannot get the desktop to redirect to the network profiles folder. I have followed the documentation, have the TS in its own OU and have a TS GP created. I have folder redirection enabled and pointed to a share on another folder and it works. However, the TS users desktop is still local and I do not want this. I have installed the Server 2008 client-side extensions on the SBS 2003 server but this has not made a difference. I would also like to hide the 'Personal Folder' from the star menu so the ...

Public Folders have disappeared
Unfortunately I have created a problem for myself. I was modifying the permissions for the public folders as follows: 1. Navigated to Administrative Groups > First Administrative Group > Folders; 2. Right-clicked on the Public Folder Tree and selected Properties; 3. Selected the Security tab; 4. Removed all groups from the security listing (excluding administrator), thinking this would stop users seeing the folders in Outlook; 5. Restarted the server; 6. Encountered the following problem: I now find that the public folders have disappeared from the Exchange system manager. However, ...

No security of local (downloaded) mails
Hi, I have Outlook 2003 running on my PC and connects to the company's exchange server. I let many of my friends access my Pc in my absence. I would like my mails to be inaccessible to them -- Currently, when i open Outlook, even though it asks for a password, that is only for downloading new mail. Those mails which are already downloaded (last time I logged in) are visible and very much accessible even without logging in. We can just say "cancel" for the login dialog, and browse through the existing mails. Can I somehow make the inbox appear only AFTER the authentication s...

Public folder has many numbered email addresses
Exchange Enterprise Edition 6.5 (6944.4) When I review the email addresses on one of the top level public folders it has a very large number of SMTP entries. Here are a few examples: 10254d@domain.com 1027cd@domain.com 103654@domain.com 103b26@domain.com .... I have no idea where they came from. I created another folder at the root level and it does not have these. Has anyone seen this before or might be able to shed some light as to how they ended up in there? Over the last few days I've been perfroming an inter-org migration from Exchange 5.5 but I did not migrate public folders. ...

Encrypting Mail in OL2K
My boss wants to send "Private" mail to set individuals and wants to know how to "Encrypt" this email (He looked in the OL Help file.) I have looked at this alittle bit but when I go to the MS site referenced for a Digital ID I get a 404 error. Does anyone have info on Outlook encryption? Thanks in Advance! ...

SMTP:Mail to Certain Domain Stuck in Categorizer
Messages to anyone in one particular domain are either getting stuck in the categorizer or delayed for several hours. There are no NDRs or event log indications that seem to relate to this. Nslookup for the mail server in question resolves to the correct address. I have had a look at KB281800 and several of the links thereon but I am stumped. Can someone please help me to troubleshoot this? Cheers, Bill This sounds like a routing issue. What version of Exchange are you running? Wes >-----Original Message----- >Messages to anyone in one particular domain are either getting ...

Can't open default e-mail folder
Office 2000 / Outlook 2000 I have experienced some trouble initially due to a login script running on my laptop when I joined a domain that is using Exchange Server and internet e-mail (I think). Initially, it caused my Outlook interface looked different, and was kind of quirky, but it looked like it was sort of working. While fiddling with it, I selected "internet e-mail", which is when it all stopped working. When I try to open Outlook, I get the message "Unable to open your default e-mail folders. Could not open the item. Try again." Hitting OK prompts the next dia...

Removing e-mail hyperlink
Hi. How would I disable Excel from automatically creating hyperlinks for e-mail addresses. For instance, if I enter mike@hotmail.com, Excel automatically makes this a hyperlink. Thanks, Mike. Hi Mike depends on your Excel version. Excel 2002+ has this option under 'Tools - Autocorrect'. for previous versions have a look at http://www.mcgimpsey.com/macoffice/excel/nohyperlinks.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Mike wrote: > Hi. How would I disable Excel from automatically > creating hyperlinks for e-mail addresses. For instance, > if I enter mike@hotmail...

offline folders #7
When a user is setup for offline folders and connect back to the network they will receive duplicate copies of the messages each and every time they reconnect. ...

INternet Mail and exchange
I have a user that when he tries to send internet mail, it says he is sending on behalf of himself, and it doesn't work. If I remove the exchange out of his profile, that goes away from sent messages and it works. Internet mail is not routed through exchange, but through an external smtp server. It works fine for everyone else. I'm puzzled about this. -- Rich Hall I am having exactly the same problem. Receipients cannot reply to my mail because it shows the email coming from our local server, not through my internet mail provider. Please please help! "Rich Hall"...

Outlook 2003 junk mail is still the same ole' piece of junk!
I recently contacted Microsoft since I get some junk mail that has no sender, no recipient, no subject, and no content in the e-mail; in other words it's just blank! Once you've looked carefully at the Rules options, you'll find that you cannot set up a rule when there's no data so that's out. You would need at least a sender, a subject, or content in the e-mail, without any of that Microsoft has no rule to handle this After numerous e-mails with their support system (a waste of time), the solution-----contact that persons ISP and report it! Can you believe that!? The p...

Mail Queues
Hello In Mail Queues I found some strange mail witch no content Message ID, Sender Subject, and Recipients its all blank! How to delete mail in Queues wich no Message ID, Sender Subject, and Recipients, satus its olways retry. When I right click on mail its show only properties. How to delete it??? Thanks Armarn O.R. Hi Armarn, If you right click on the queue itself in the left hand pane and choose to delete all mail(no ndr). Hope this helps, -- Patrick Genova Pgenova@online.microsoft.com Please do not send mail directly to this alias. This alias is for Newsgroup purposes only. Th...

mail not deleted off server
I am using Outlook 2002 on Windows 2000 Pro accessing a POP3 server. Mail is no longer being deleted off the server. Just keeps being downloaded again and again. I have: - tried repair option - uninstall/re-install - wiped out and compacted mail files - deleted all rules - cussed, swore and jumped up and down I have also set up Outlook Express to rule out ISP. Express has no problem removing mail from the server. TIA, Rick "rick campbell" <rick_soup@ rogers.com> wrote in message news:lxgCc.465343$Ar.147937@twister01.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com... &g...

Recieving Emails in Public Folders
Is there a way to get copies of all incoming and/or outgoing emails in a public folder ? I basically need to be able to monitor all company-wide email by having it in a public folder that only I could access. Make a new mailbox to hold all the messages. In ESM, right click on your mailbox store. General tab. Tick Archive all messages sent or received by mailboxes on this store. Pick the mailbox. Neal "Mourad" <Mourad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:47D0316F-3D55-46DE-B205-0728D4D1BCC5@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to get copies of all incomi...

outlook mail merge from category
How do I separate out a particular category from my contacts to do a mail merge? Doesn't the "By Category" View of the Contacts Folder work for you? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "vedaggett" <vedaggett@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1CAD3829-DB46-4F94-9A79-9716640842DF@microsoft.com... > How do I separate out a particular category from my contacts to do a mail > merge? ...

Recover mail downloaded and deleted via pop3
I have a user that used pop3 to download their mail and they had the leave copy of messages on the server unchecked. The mail is no longer recoverable on the client's side. Does the deleted items recovery feature work for mail removed in this manner? Is there any way to get these messages back? Paul wrote: > I have a user that used pop3 to download their mail and they had the > leave copy of messages on the server unchecked. The mail is no > longer recoverable on the client's side. Does the deleted items > recovery feature work for mail removed in this manner? Is ...

Lost timestamp when imported Outlook Express mails to Outlook 2002!!!
Hi there, Just decided to switch from OE6 to Outlook 2002. I followed the instructions on the Microsoft support page to import all the existing emails from OE6 to Outlook. However, I have noticed that a handful of emails were imported with the timestamp set to the current import time instead of the original timestamp of the emails. I opened these emails and the timestamps were indicated correctly next to the "Sent:" text. So what gives? Is there anyway for me to ensure proper import of these emails? Thanks in advance. Kenny Export from within OE instead. -- Robert Sp...

OL 2003 "571 mail relay is not allowed"
Using Outlook 2003 on XP Tablet on a LAN with SLMAIL 5.1 on an NT4 SP6A srvr. We are seeing intermittently outgoing email failures(the failure appears instantly) to known good email addresses that work again a while later and especially after running the email test under email account setup. SLMAIL logs show no indication that such an outgoing email ever existed. The OL2003 INBOX suddenly has this apparent email from "System Administrator" subject: Undeliverable.... In the body of this apparent email are details about the recipients and "571 mail relay is not allowed". ...