Mail messages not visible

Hi,

I have an odd one: I have a user who can only see 82 messages in his
mailbox - nothing from before the 5th of this month when these should go
back more than a year. Checking the mailbox in our mailstore with Exchange
Manager I see he has 1,200 in his mailbox and our backup software agrees. He
sees the same number (82) when checking via OWA. So far as I can tell he is
the only person with this problem.

I have removed caching from his instance Outlook but am at a loss as to the
next step.

We are running Win2003/EX2003 and he is using XP/Outlook2003.

All suggestions gratefully recieved,

Pete

0
Pete

Pete Halasovski wrote:

> I have an odd one: I have a user who can only see 82 messages in his
> mailbox - nothing from before the 5th of this month when these should go
> back more than a year. Checking the mailbox in our mailstore with Exchange
> Manager I see he has 1,200 in his mailbox and our backup software agrees. He
> sees the same number (82) when checking via OWA. So far as I can tell he is
> the only person with this problem.
>
> I have removed caching from his instance Outlook but am at a loss as to the
> next step.
>
> We are running Win2003/EX2003 and he is using XP/Outlook2003.

What view is used on the folder?  Are you using "mailbox" as a generic
term for the Inbox folder shown in Outlook?
0
VanguardLH
11/11/2009 5:49:36 PM
I'll bet it's the Last Seven Days view.
-Peter

> Pete Halasovski wrote:
>
>> I have an odd one: I have a user who can only see 82 messages in his
>> mailbox - nothing from before the 5th of this month when these should go
>> back more than a year. Checking the mailbox in our mailstore with
>> Exchange
>> Manager I see he has 1,200 in his mailbox and our backup software agrees.
>> He
>> sees the same number (82) when checking via OWA. So far as I can tell he
>> is
>> the only person with this problem.
>>
>> I have removed caching from his instance Outlook but am at a loss as to
>> the
>> next step.
>>
>> We are running Win2003/EX2003 and he is using XP/Outlook2003.
>
> What view is used on the folder?  Are you using "mailbox" as a generic
> term for the Inbox folder shown in Outlook?

0
Peter

New mail appearing as old deleted item
When new mail arrives in inbox an old long deleted item appears in place of the new mail showing in bold as new mail. The real new mail is not visible at all and is therefore lost. This problem also used to happen in Windows Mail so I bought Outlook 2007 but it still happens intermittantly. -- Kate What do you see in your Unread Mail folder? "Kate B" <KateB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D9A95DD7-CFC4-423F-9B2B-F8B72177E2CE@microsoft.com... > When new mail arrives in inbox an old long deleted item appears in place of > the new mail...

"Messaging interface has returned an unknown error"
I'm running Outlook 02 on Win XP Pro SP2. I think this may have been caused by the DST time zone update utility, but I'm not certain. Here's the situation. If I try to open a calendar item I get the following error: "Can't open this item. The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook." If I try to create a new message or appointment from the quick start toolbar, or clicking a mailto: link on a web page: "The operation failed." If I click the "to" "cc" or "bcc" button while...

Unable to move messages
Hi, I am unable to move messages between Inbox and PF in OWA. I know its a limitation of OWA. But any workarounds? On Fri, 16 Jun 2006 04:38:01 -0700, Jack Dorson <JackDorson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I am unable to move messages between Inbox and PF in OWA. >I know its a limitation of OWA. > >But any workarounds? Only using another application such as Outlook (RPC over HTTPS) ...

Macro warning message
Anyone else had this problem. We installed Excel97 on an NT Server.We then installed Excel2000 over it, and set the macros security setting to low. We re using NetOp to connect to that server, and when we open an Excel workbook with macros, no problems. However, if the screensaver kicks in, and a workbook is opened by a scheduled job, we get a dialog box regarding the macros. If we are connected, we can respond, but as we run 300 Excel queries, and as we won't be connected to the server most of the time, this is a problem. Anyone else experienced it, and know the solution? Bob ...

Mail Relaying denied error message, how can it be fixed???
I setup outlook express smtp to use incoming: mail.tpg.com.au and outgoing: mail.tpg.com.au I can successfully receive emails and read newsgroup but I can't send out emails because it keep on return the below error message, how can it be fixed so that I can send emails? Thanks... The error message when sending is::: The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was 'huy9876@hotmail.com'. Subject 'Re: Again', Account: 'mail.tpg.com.au', Server: &...

how do i forward an e-mail?
I have one new employee, that can not forward a fax from a public fax folder, but can forward e-mails from his e-mail account? Here is the error I keep getting. You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. MSEXCH:MSExchangeIS:/DC=local/DC=hivalley:HVSBS1 What rights do they have in the public folder? "Gloria" wrote: > I have one new employee, that can not forward a fax from a public fax folder, > but can forward e-mails from his e-mail account? Here is the error I keep > getting. >...

invalid use of property message
I am trying to cre4ate a macro that checks the value of a number of sheets to determine if they are already visible and if so it will not close them - With Sheets("Pay Inflation - Biometrics") Sheets ("Statistics") Sheets ("Direct Cost Savings Breakdown") Sheets ("OT Reduction") Sheets ("Nurse OT Reduction") Sheets ("Premium Labor Utilization") Sheets ("Pay inflation - Timestamp") Sheets ("Calculation Error") Sheets ("Le...

copy an e-mail
I sent an e-mail to my e-mail office address with the intention of forwarding it tomorrow morning, I then realized I forgot to edit a very important part of it. Is there a way I can edit an e-mail that was sent to me by myself from another locale then forward to others in my office ...

Excel 2003 / Send To / Mail Recipient / body text is removed
When a user is working in Excel 2003 and hits File.. Send To.. Mail Recipient.. it takes the spreadsheet and places it in an Outlook 2003 email as an Attachment. If they type any text into the body of the email it is replaced with <<...>> How can I change this ? If you don't get a good reply here, you may want to post in one of the .Outlook newsgroups. jmaynard2 wrote: > > When a user is working in Excel 2003 and hits File.. Send To.. Mail > Recipient.. it takes the spreadsheet and places it in an Outlook 2003 email > as an Attachment. > > If they typ...

OL 2003 will not send some messages (replies-to)
hi, I'm running OL 2003 SP2 on a laptop running XP. I'll reply to someone and hit the send button, but the message will appear in the outbox, highlighted, not italicized, and simply won't send. Occasionally this would happen with my old machine running W2k and and older version of OL, but I could reopen the message within the outbox and hit the send button, and the message would then appear italicized and ready to send. When I reopen the message in OL 2003 in the outbox, the send button does not appear. Some messages send fine. I think, not sure, that the problem is wi...

How to show debug messages from MFC application on command line?
Hi all, I would like to show some text messages from my MFC application on commandline (or better in the Output window in Visual Studio 2005). I tried to call cout << "some text" << endl; but it doesn't seem to work. What am I doing wrong? Thanks for any help. >I would like to show some text messages from my MFC application on >commandline (or better in the Output window in Visual Studio 2005). Bob, For the latter, use OutputDebugString. Dave >>I would like to show some text messages from my MFC application on >>commandline (or better in t...

Windows Live Mail Error
For the last two days I have been trying to send some emails, but I'm getting and error message: Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC68 That's not the complete error message. Right-click on your error message, copy, then paste it into a reply = here.=20 We can't do much troubleshooting without the complete error message. =20 --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com "Teresita" <Teresita@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:3123D0B2-59CE-4F44-BFA6-25883FB7F6BC@microsoft.com... ...

E-mail "Send To" name list
All the names in the pop-up "Send To" address list are alpha by FIRST names, which is dumb, annoying and time consuming. How do I switch the list to alpha by LAST name and make that default??? ...

Mail Merge Word 2007
I've created a mail merged document from an Access 2007 database. I've inserted a field from the database that I want to have as bold. In every other part of the document that happens (it bold's) except in one place in the middle of a paragraph. Any idea? Why would the bold format take in every other part of the document for that field but not in the middle of a particular paragraph? The field properties are identical throughout the word file were that field has been inserted. Any help is greatly appreciated! (8^>)-]=[ Sorry I got my answer \*Charform...

outlook contacts & mail merge subject
Hi, 2 Questions: - After performing a mail merge an activity is added to the recipients included in the mail merge, the subject is set to "Microsoft Mail Merge...". Can you alter this subject for each mail merge, so you can specify more detailed information in the subject line. Altering the subject for each contact/lead/account individually is too much work. - If you create a crm contact from outlook, a contact record is created both in outlook and in crm. But when migrating contacts from another db with the cdf tables this will only create contacts in crm. I want to create ...

Some fonts not visible in drop down window
When using the font drop down box to change fonts most of them are listed using the actual style as a sample. Some, however (i.e. Baby Kruffy, Alba, etc.) are only visible in a generic font until I actually select them. I noticed the same problem on my aunt's computer so I know I'm not alone. Any fixes out there? Now what version of Windows and Publisher are you using? -- The US should free all those illegally held prisoners they are torturing, abusing and denying human rights being held at Guantanamo Bay. ...

How can I know the folders of searched out mails?
Hello, If I search for mails - particularly those already in Archive folders, I get a list of such mails and can of cours open them etc., but I do not see any way to establish in which folder they are actually stored. Harry120 You'll need to use google or windows desktop search (or other search tool) - outlook won't give you folder paths. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net ...

Mail not being received....
I have been using outlook for years with no problems. Sometime after upgraded to 2003 my problem began. I receive mail without a proble and i thought I was sending it ok as well as I received no erro messages, but.... I was notified by a recipient that they did no receive my mail. I have since done many tests and found that none o my mail is being received, although it seems to be sent and i get n errors. I can use webmail and it gets received without a problem. have uninstalled 2003 and reinstalled xp and the problem remians. have deleted all acounts and reinstalled - problem persi...

Messages not being Delivered
I am getting the following message when sending e-mail to earthlink accounts: There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator. <wgrsvr02.wgrfurniture.com #5.5.0 smtp;550- EarthLink does not recognize your computer (24.106.38.90) as connecting from an EarthLink connection. If this is in error, please contact technical support.> We are only getting this with earthlink addresses. Any help would be apprechiated Joe I think you can be out of the Earth link network to receive email. To send email th...

Tracing e-mail back to its source on a LAN
I am running Exchange Server 2003 on a small LAN. I have reason to believe that a virus has infected something on the LAN and is sending outbound e-mails. I have scanned each system and cannot find a problem but our volume of outbound email is much higher than it should be. I want to setup logging so I can track all of the outbound e- mails to their source and hopefully find the computer that is infected. I do not have much experience with Exch Server 2003. Could someone point me to a good beginners article or howto that will show me how to setup logging so I can trace the source...

Blocking e-mail for old accounts
When I disable an account, does it automatically block new e-mail from going to that account? If I want to have the ability to view the e-mail in that account does it have to be active? Thanks Depends, and Yes. "microsoft" <ayzen1@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OAUmeWJ3DHA.1924@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > When I disable an account, does it automatically block new e-mail from going > to that account? If I want to have the ability to view the e-mail in that > account does it have to be active? > > Thanks > > You have a few options. If you leave the...

Hyperlink to a movie popup message
I am using Powerpoint 2007 and save my presentations to be compatible with 2003. I have video inserted into slides but I also use hyperlinks to link some slide titles to video clips. My problem is that when I click on a hyperlink I get a popup warning. "Opening C:\Users\Farley\'movietitle.mov Some files can contain viruses or otherwise be harmful to your computer It is important to be certain that this file is from a trustworthy source. Would you like to open this file?" This is obviously a nuisance when presenting. Can this be avoided in anyway? Thanks, farley595...

Using XP with Outlook 2000 Messages stay in outbox
I am using Outlook 2000 with XP. When I send a message it stays in my outbox. ????????????? I tried all the troubleshooting options on the Microsoft website and non of them are working. Any suggestions. ...

New mail not showing till I click away from InBox then click back
Hi all, What a weird problem, Outlook 2002 (I suspect it could also happen on outlook 2003). Not sure if its a client problem or server. Exchange 2003, new build. New mail doesnot appear in an InBox (even after send recieve is pushed) till the user clicks another folder EG contacts then opens the InBox again, all the mail will now be visible. I haven't got a clue what is causing this and would appreciate any suggestions. -- Vince UDP notifications are being blocked, which is how new email is notified. Most probably you're on Windows XP SP2 with the firewall service running - yo...

File Error
After performing an append query on a list containing duplicates, I exported the new table as a new sheet into a pre-existing Excel file containing approximately nine other sheets. When I click on the file to open it, I get an error message stating File Error: Data May Be Lost. When the file opens, the first worksheet appears to be fine, but the other nine plus the new one that I exported from Access are jumbled as if the file had been corrupted. I tried the "Open and Repair" option but to no avail. Is there anything I can do to restore the data? I am an intermediate level us...