mail-enabled user question

Hi, everyone. I created mailbox-enabled user accounts for all employees and
mail-enabled user accounts for external clients.  when i tried to forward
those mail-enabled accounts with their external account like abc@hotmail.com,
there is no such an option on the client account properties panel.  i was
told to setup mailbox enabled accounts for the clients and disable those
accounts.  I can certainly do that, but just want to differentiate two types
of accounts by creating mail-enabled accounts for them. Is there anyway to
use mail-enabled account to do mail forwading.  i'm pretty new to exchange
admin so bear with me if this question doesn't make any sense.  thanks !

You need to create contact objects now with their external SMTP address.
Then in the properties of the mailbox enabled user go under exchange general
then delivery options then forward to: and select the contact object and the
options below that to specify your situation.

"Michael L." wrote:

> Hi, everyone. I created mailbox-enabled user accounts for all employees and
> mail-enabled user accounts for external clients.  when i tried to forward
> those mail-enabled accounts with their external account like abc@hotmail.com,
> there is no such an option on the client account properties panel.  i was
> told to setup mailbox enabled accounts for the clients and disable those
> accounts.  I can certainly do that, but just want to differentiate two types
> of accounts by creating mail-enabled accounts for them. Is there anyway to
> use mail-enabled account to do mail forwading.  i'm pretty new to exchange
> admin so bear with me if this question doesn't make any sense.  thanks !
0
MarkKing (10)
5/5/2005 9:06:09 PM
Hi, Mark. thanks  for your reply, but what i want to know is how to let
mail-enabled users (not mailbox-enabled users) to check their emails using
theri own email acocunts like abc@hotmail.com instead of abc@mydomain.com.
I'm a bit confused with mailbox-enabled account and mail-enabled account.
Some examples or scenarios would be appreciated.  thanks

"Mark King" wrote:

> You need to create contact objects now with their external SMTP address.
> Then in the properties of the mailbox enabled user go under exchange general
> then delivery options then forward to: and select the contact object and the
> options below that to specify your situation.
>
> "Michael L." wrote:
>
> > Hi, everyone. I created mailbox-enabled user accounts for all employees and
> > mail-enabled user accounts for external clients.  when i tried to forward
> > those mail-enabled accounts with their external account like abc@hotmail.com,
> > there is no such an option on the client account properties panel.  i was
> > told to setup mailbox enabled accounts for the clients and disable those
> > accounts.  I can certainly do that, but just want to differentiate two types
> > of accounts by creating mail-enabled accounts for them. Is there anyway to
> > use mail-enabled account to do mail forwading.  i'm pretty new to exchange
> > admin so bear with me if this question doesn't make any sense.  thanks !
0
MichaelL (7)
5/6/2005 1:12:03 PM
For user to check his mail you have to have mailbox somewhere. This somewhere could
be hotmail.com or mydomain.com. Tell us where you want their's mailbox.

Michael L. wrote:

> Hi, Mark. thanks  for your reply, but what i want to know is how to let
> mail-enabled users (not mailbox-enabled users) to check their emails using
> theri own email acocunts like abc@hotmail.com instead of abc@mydomain.com.
> I'm a bit confused with mailbox-enabled account and mail-enabled account.
> Some examples or scenarios would be appreciated.  thanks
>
> "Mark King" wrote:
>
> > You need to create contact objects now with their external SMTP address.
> > Then in the properties of the mailbox enabled user go under exchange general
> > then delivery options then forward to: and select the contact object and the
> > options below that to specify your situation.
> >
> > "Michael L." wrote:
> >
> > > Hi, everyone. I created mailbox-enabled user accounts for all employees and
> > > mail-enabled user accounts for external clients.  when i tried to forward
> > > those mail-enabled accounts with their external account like abc@hotmail.com,
> > > there is no such an option on the client account properties panel.  i was
> > > told to setup mailbox enabled accounts for the clients and disable those
> > > accounts.  I can certainly do that, but just want to differentiate two types
> > > of accounts by creating mail-enabled accounts for them. Is there anyway to
> > > use mail-enabled account to do mail forwading.  i'm pretty new to exchange
> > > admin so bear with me if this question doesn't make any sense.  thanks !

0
kpalagin (1838)
5/6/2005 3:14:45 PM
we have a part-time contractor who just wants to have an email address in our
company (abc@mydomain.com).  We setup an mail-enabled account for her but
don't want her to logon to our domain, so her account was disabled. Now, she
would like to forward all her emails from abc@mydoamin.com to
abc@hotmail.com. How to do that? thanks !

"Kirill Palagin" wrote:

> For user to check his mail you have to have mailbox somewhere. This somewhere could
> be hotmail.com or mydomain.com. Tell us where you want their's mailbox.
>
> Michael L. wrote:
>
> > Hi, Mark. thanks  for your reply, but what i want to know is how to let
> > mail-enabled users (not mailbox-enabled users) to check their emails using
> > theri own email acocunts like abc@hotmail.com instead of abc@mydomain.com.
> > I'm a bit confused with mailbox-enabled account and mail-enabled account.
> > Some examples or scenarios would be appreciated.  thanks
> >
> > "Mark King" wrote:
> >
> > > You need to create contact objects now with their external SMTP address.
> > > Then in the properties of the mailbox enabled user go under exchange general
> > > then delivery options then forward to: and select the contact object and the
> > > options below that to specify your situation.

0
MichaelL (7)

re-downloading mail on Outlook 2003
I just upgraded from Office 97 to Office 2003. Using Outlook 97, my wife and I were able to use different computers but share one email account. The same mail was downloaded to each PC one time. Now, the same mail gets downloaded over and over again on each PC. I obviously can choose to delete the mail from the server so that it only gets read once, but then the second PC will never see it. How can I get the same behavior from Outlook 2003 that I used to have? Reading 500 messages every 10 minutes makes the upgrade really unusable. Try creating a new mail profile on each comput...

How do you a mail message to everyone in your mail database
How do you sending a mail message to everyone is your mail database? I have switched internet dial-up links and need to send a message to everyone. -- Michael Felix felix@attglobal.net You can select all items in your Contacts folder (assuming they all have valid e-mail addresses -- if not, set a filter first so that only those with valid e-mail addresses are showing) and then click Actions | New message to contact. Of course, if you have a lot of contacts, your ISP may balk at sending to so many at once -- if so, you'll have to break up the list somehow. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP -...

Question about KillFocus()
Hi everyone, Can I post this: PostMessage(WM_KILLFOCUS, NULL, 0); I have a CListBox that I want to lock while being able to select items in it and show the selection. What I want to do is post the message above whenever the list is in focus. Right now, in the OnSetfocus() message handler of my dialog, I do: m_stcListTitle.SetFocus(); where 'm_stcListTitle' is the static control of the list's title. This is working fine; but I want to create a class derived from CListBox to handle this. I appreciate any help. Thank you, Geo >Can I post this: PostMessage(WM_KILLFOCUS, N...

CRM Security Question
I am trying to enable access to a few features in our MS CRM installation (specifically New/Case and New/Article). If I log in as the Domain Administrator on our MS CRM server, I can access CRM using the "CRM Management" shortcut. Once into the CRM Web Interface, I drop down on the New menu and see "Case" and "Article" in their own section of the menu. However, if I login with my own account ID from my workstation, I do not see these options in the New menu. I have matched my login settings with the settings for the Domain Administrator in CRM (Busines...

OL2003 unable to send mail
Hi In OL2003 when I try to send email I get; 'Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. The following recipient(s) could not be reached: .... None of your email accounts could send to this recipient.' The pc is connected to the internet via a router. Other pcs connected to the router can send mail fine. What is the problem and how can I fix it? Thanks Regards Do you require authentication to send email? check with your provider. "John" <John@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote in message news:%23AzlAxUQFHA.3196@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi ...

Safe sendershould not go to junk mail
Hi, I have an web application sends email, I found outlook 2003 puts the emails to the junk mail folder if multiple emails were sent within a short period of time, about 1 minute. The initial one was ok went to inbox, while the followings went to junk mail. but if the gap between multiple emails sent time was longer, the problem went away. (each one went to inbox). This only happened for outlook 2003, not for outlook xp. The sender address is in the global address list, with the same domain with all my users. (so I think it qualified as safe sender.) Question: How can I turn off this filt...

Calendar question #4
Is there a clean way to show that I'm not available except during office hours? I could give myself two daily appointments, and appointments in the weekends, but now my calendar is all cluttered up. The only thing I know of is setting the bounds of your work day but I don't think that marks the rest of the day as 'busy' "Howard Brazee" <howard@brazee.net> wrote in message news:ek4nLfzpFHA.620@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Is there a clean way to show that I'm not available except during office > hours? > I could give myself two daily appointments,...

multiple e-mails
Usin' Outlook or Outlook Express, for some reason I keep gettin' repeat emails. Somebody can send me one and I get the same message two or three times! What can I do, if anything, to cure this problem? Anybody had the same problem? Please don't tell me I'm the only one that has had this problem... Rayce texican@coastaccess.com ...

roadwarrior + principal + multigig e-mail + psts = ???
hi all, here's the deal. we have a principal who travels all the time. she gets an insane amount of legit e-mail with small to large attachments (we cap it at 15 MB, 5 MB is fairly common). her mailbox is capped at 700 MB. this is not enough. we have to archive for her every other month. she has almost 2GBs of PST archives on the network. she wants to have access to them all the time. so we have set up offline files to sync the pst folder. ick. sometimes she'll actually edit the psts on the road and when she gets back she's asked to choose between the network version and her loca...

SeriesCollection question
Very simple question.... Is there a way to get the max number of the SeriesCollection? The reason I am asking is that I use a date range to properly configure my chart Based off the dates, I may have different amount if seriescollections. I'm not sure what you're asking for. I hope this brackets your question, or at least gives you a hint. The maximum number of series in a chart: 255 The number of points in a series: ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(i).Points.Count The maximum Y value in a series: WorksheetFunction.Max(ActiveChart.SeriesCollection(i).Values) The maximum X ...

e-mail #17
Microsoft Outlook does not respond to making it my default for e-mail. I have checked all that I know how to. It is checked as my default under "Other" Tab but it continues to send my e-mail to Outlook Express. Why? What am I doing wrong? Orville Cruea <ocruea@columbus.rr.com> wrote: > Microsoft Outlook does not respond to making it my > default for e-mail. I have checked all that I know how > to. It is checked as my default under "Other" Tab but it > continues to send my e-mail to Outlook Express. Why? What > am I doing wrong? What you are doi...

mails are not going out side of my domain
hi , i have an exchange 2003 (sp1) with windows server 2003(sp1) i have an smtp filter for exchange which filters the mails coming in my exchange server , the scenario is like that , first i have an router then pix firewall and then smtp filter then my exchange comes ,he domain controller and exchnage are on same machine. today i am getting a problem is that the mails from hotmail and yahoo are coming to my exchange but the mails from my exchange are not going outside ,the error i am getting is given below. "Your message with Subject: hi test mail could not be delivered to the fo...

Sync. question for .pst file. #3
If anyone can help, I would like to sync my .pst file from my office PC to my laptop. Now I am using the sync program in Windows 2K and I get the error that says this type of file is unable to be Synchronized. I have done this before, I know you can go into the Registry and change what types of files can and can't be Synchronized. Can anyone tell me where that setting is. It's been a while since I had to do this and I completely forgot. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me. P.S. Running Win 2K and Office 2003. ...

Importing old MS Mail folders
I need to import the shared folders and global address book from an old MS Mail postoffice. I have seen some discussions concerning migrating mailboxes but very little at that. Can anyone point me in the right direction? THanx! ...

Counts for Mail Folders #2
I'd like to have the total number of messages in all the folders and subfolders of my mailbox to appear on the status bar. I don't think that's possible "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:21235507-8D1A-49F6-8ACA-AEFF12922B79@microsoft.com... > I'd like to have the total number of messages in all the folders and > subfolders of my mailbox to appear on the status bar. ...

How to skip the enable update confirmation?
I have imported a web link to be updated once this file is opened, it requests for enable update confirmation whenever it opens. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to skip this confirmation? Thanks in advance for any suggestions Eric ...

repititive e-mails
Outlook 2002 in Office XP When sending, the mail does not leave the outbox and sends over and over again, never making it to the sent items folder. The recipients are getting it multiple times. How to fix? ...

Mail receiveing but not sending
Since setting up my mail to use SMTP instead of pop3 I can recieve mail fine but when I send mail it goes but doesn't turn up at the other end! I used the ICW in sbs 2003 to configure it. I've checked the queues on the exchange server but there all empty. My exchange Small Business SMTP connector Properties are set to forward all mail through a smart host. currently smtp.ozemail.com.au!! Not sure why this is happening! Any help would be appreciated! Thanks Any help from SBS newsgroup? John wrote: > Since setting up my mail to use SMTP instead of pop3 I can > recie...

Unable to send e-mails, but can receive e-mail.
I have re-installed Windows Outlook 2000 but now I can not receive e-mails. My network configuration is correct. My IP address and server are correctly labeled, but I still can not receive e-mail. Everyone on the server are not having any problems. What should I do? Hi - which is it you're having a problem with? Your subject line & message content are contradictory... Are you connecting to an Exchange server? What kind of mail account are you having problems with? What errors do you get? GJimenez wrote: > I have re-installed Windows Outlook 2000 but now I can not > receive...

How can I resume a download if the user gets disconnected (I am using CHTMLfile )?
How can I resume a download if the user gets disconnected (I am using CHTMLfile )? I use Seek() but I think that isnt good idea, becouse when I want to set a start point, Seek goes to exeption In the bottom is my code thanks for any kind of help if (!destFile.Open(pFileName, CFile::modeWrite | CFile::shareExclusive | CFile::modeNoTruncate, &ex)) { destFile.Open(pFileName, CFile::modeWrite | CFile::shareExclusive | CFile::modeCreate, &ex); dwLength = 0; } else { dwLength = destFile.GetLength(); } CInternetSession *pHttpSess...

Replicate mail boxes?
is it possable to replicate mail boxes? I would like to do this while we migrate fully over to our new server? What are you trying to accomplish? replicate Stores? At byte and block levels using 3rd party products like NSI, or from storage vendors like NetApp (SnapMirror) and EMC. Exchange 12 is reported to have log shipping. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "Josh" <Jsawyer@insightbb.com> wrote in message news:e$ZlNv66FHA.4076@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > is it possable to replicate mail...

Incoming mail server changes to "localhost" after windows is restarting
hi... this is the problem i am facing...can anyone help me "Incoming mail server changes to "localhost" after windows is restarting" pls reply in vijai@fourdtech.co.in" Thanks & Regards Vijay The most likely reason is that you have an antivirus solution installed that can scan e-mail as it is downloaded. You would need to disable the scanning of e-mail to get what you describe to stop. "vijai@fourdtech.co.in" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:146d01c4a20a$b5ca8e60$a301280a@phx.gbl... > hi... > > this is ...

GP 8 Security Reporting Question
I need to generate a list of everyone in the system (Dynamics GP 8) that has access to post journal entries, by company. Is there any way to do this without manually reviewing every GP user in every company? We have quite a few companies and users, and I am looking for the most efficient way to accomplish this. Thanks for any help that anyone can provide. ...

delete blocked senders messages on receipt why junk mail them?
Why is it that after going to all the trouble of putting people onto a blocked senders list the filter still puts their messages into the junk mail folder for you to delete them? Or am I understanding the training wrong? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane....

Mailing in a test enviornment
I have a CRM ans SQL server configure on a single machine and the Domain controleer along with exchange Server on a seperate machine. Till some time back Mails could be sent via CRM and they could be seen in the history tab. Suddenly when i try to send mails vai CRM, it gives me the following error: Unexpected Error for more information contact your system administrator. I have checked all the necessary services required for the excahnge enviornment. The exchange router has been reinstalled as well. Still cannot figure out why I am getting this error. Thank for your help in advance Jus...