mail delivery problems #2

Hi,

Our email system has been working fine for about 12 months but now for what
seems like no apparent reason we are having problems.

The setup is exchange 2003.

The problem is that mail has stopped flowing from certain BE servers to a
FE\bridgehead server. Some BE servers are in different routing groups and one
BE server is inside the same routing group as the FE server. There is nothing
sitting between the servers other than routers.

Mail sent to the Internet from a BE server in the same RG as the FE server
stays in the Internet SMTP queue on the BE server. Until recently, these
emails would have been passed over to the FE\bridgehead server, which would
have sent them on their merry way.

I have now made this BE server the bridgehead server for this routing group
and mail is now flowing to the Internet. I have changed all the BE servers
with difficulties using the FE server to use this BE server as their remote
Bridgehead server and they too are now able to route email out to the
Internet.

So I am now left with trying to diagnose why the FE server has stopped
receiving emails from certain BE servers when I make it the bridgehead
server. Some BE servers are still able to use the FE server to route their
emails correctly.

To summarise:

Routing Group 1 consists of FE1 and BE1 server.

If I make FE1 the bridgehead server, BE1 fails to deliver mail to FE1. If I
make BE1 the bridgehead server it will send email to the Internet.

I can telnet from BE1 to FE1 Ok and get an ehlo response.

I can telnet from FE1 to BE1 and sometimes I am able to an ehlo response but
sometimes it is returned with an unrecognized command.

I have ran the exchange analyzer on FE1 server and it has not found any
problems.

Does anyone have any ideas where the problem could lie? Or does anyone know
of any tests that I could perform?

0
Paul297 (622)

This may or may not be somthing, but when I take the BE server out of the
list of local bridgeheads on the Internet SMTP connector mail stops flowing
and is queued in a connector called _ac8f9f1ebaf8034ab47c84d3e52c77ba_s(smtp
connector).

If mail flows correctly then the tempory connectors are usually called afer
the domain name they are being delivered to, so why is it when mail stops
flowing from BE to the bridgehead sever do they get queued in a connector
with a funny discription?

"Paul" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Our email system has been working fine for about 12 months but now for what
> seems like no apparent reason we are having problems.
>
> The setup is exchange 2003.
>
> The problem is that mail has stopped flowing from certain BE servers to a
> FE\bridgehead server. Some BE servers are in different routing groups and one
> BE server is inside the same routing group as the FE server. There is nothing
> sitting between the servers other than routers.
>
> Mail sent to the Internet from a BE server in the same RG as the FE server
> stays in the Internet SMTP queue on the BE server. Until recently, these
> emails would have been passed over to the FE\bridgehead server, which would
> have sent them on their merry way.
>
> I have now made this BE server the bridgehead server for this routing group
> and mail is now flowing to the Internet. I have changed all the BE servers
> with difficulties using the FE server to use this BE server as their remote
> Bridgehead server and they too are now able to route email out to the
> Internet.
>
> So I am now left with trying to diagnose why the FE server has stopped
> receiving emails from certain BE servers when I make it the bridgehead
> server. Some BE servers are still able to use the FE server to route their
> emails correctly.
>

> To summarise:
>
> Routing Group 1 consists of FE1 and BE1 server.
>
> If I make FE1 the bridgehead server, BE1 fails to deliver mail to FE1. If I
> make BE1 the bridgehead server it will send email to the Internet.
>
> I can telnet from BE1 to FE1 Ok and get an ehlo response.
>
> I can telnet from FE1 to BE1 and sometimes I am able to an ehlo response but
> sometimes it is returned with an unrecognized command.
>
> I have ran the exchange analyzer on FE1 server and it has not found any
> problems.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas where the problem could lie? Or does anyone know
> of any tests that I could perform?

0
Paul297 (622)
11/22/2006 3:54:03 PM
Paul <Paul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

					[ snip ]

>To summarise:
>
>Routing Group 1 consists of FE1 and BE1 server.
>
>If I make FE1 the bridgehead server, BE1 fails to deliver mail to FE1. If I
>make BE1 the bridgehead server it will send email to the Internet.
>
>I can telnet from BE1 to FE1 Ok and get an ehlo response.
>
>I can telnet from FE1 to BE1 and sometimes I am able to an ehlo response but
>sometimes it is returned with an unrecognized command.
>
>I have ran the exchange analyzer on FE1 server and it has not found any
>problems.
>
>Does anyone have any ideas where the problem could lie? Or does anyone know
>of any tests that I could perform?

Connectivity may be okay between the servers, but you haven't veriied
that the servers can authenticate with each other (which all Exchange
servers do).

Have you moved the server accounts in the AD? Did you restart the
server adter you did that?

Are the servers all in the Domain Exchange Servers group in their
respective domains? You might try shutting down Exchange, removing its
account from the group and then adding it back. Then restart the
server.

What does WinRoute tell you about the various connections, routing
groups, servers, etc.?

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

1. The servers have not been moved in AD.
2. Both the FE and BE servers are in their respective Domain Exchange
Servers Groups.
3. I am not sure what areas I should be looking at when I run WinRoute but
here is what I can see:

First glance it all looks OK, the FE and BE server are reporting they are
connected to the Master. Both servers and all connectors have the green ticks.

There is one routing group 'not found in Directory' this is an old routing
group that is in the trash can it has one server in this RG and no
connectors, unfortuatley the server in this old RG is not experiencing any of
my current problems.

I am going to guess this is not releated to my problem but one I need to
come back to and try and clean up at a later date!

Also the _ac8f9f1ebaf8034ab47c84d3e52c77ba_s adrress is the address of my
bridgehead server. So when mail is queued on the BE server in a queue called
_ac8f9f1ebaf8034ab47c84d3e52c77ba_s(smtp
connector) it must be waiting delivery to the bridgehead server.

"Rich Matheisen [MVP]" wrote:

> Paul <Paul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> 					[ snip ]
>
> >To summarise:
> >
> >Routing Group 1 consists of FE1 and BE1 server.
> >
> >If I make FE1 the bridgehead server, BE1 fails to deliver mail to FE1. If I
> >make BE1 the bridgehead server it will send email to the Internet.
> >
> >I can telnet from BE1 to FE1 Ok and get an ehlo response.
> >
> >I can telnet from FE1 to BE1 and sometimes I am able to an ehlo response but
> >sometimes it is returned with an unrecognized command.
> >
> >I have ran the exchange analyzer on FE1 server and it has not found any
> >problems.
> >
> >Does anyone have any ideas where the problem could lie? Or does anyone know
> >of any tests that I could perform?
>
> Connectivity may be okay between the servers, but you haven't veriied
> that the servers can authenticate with each other (which all Exchange
> servers do).
>
> Have you moved the server accounts in the AD? Did you restart the
> server adter you did that?
>
> Are the servers all in the Domain Exchange Servers group in their
> respective domains? You might try shutting down Exchange, removing its
> account from the group and then adding it back. Then restart the
> server.
>
> What does WinRoute tell you about the various connections, routing
> groups, servers, etc.?
>
> --
> Rich Matheisen
> MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
> Or to these, either: mailto:h.pott@pinkroccade.com mailto:melvin.mcphucknuckle@getronics.com mailto:melvin.mcphucknuckle@pinkroccade.com

0
Paul297 (622)
11/23/2006 10:29:02 AM
I have removed the FE server from the Domain Exchange Server Group and then
added it back in but still the same.

Again Just to Summarise

I have two servers in a routing group. I have a SMTP connector setup for
Internet mail. If on the SMTP connector I set the FE server as the bridgehead
server and remove the BE server from the list of servers mail stops flowing
and is backed up on the BE server in a queue with the the bridgehead ID
_ac8f9f1ebaf8034ab47c84d3e52c77ba (SMTP Connector). If I replace the FE
server with the BE server on the SMTP connector mail is routed to the
Internet.

If I try to connect to the FE server from the BE at a telnet session I get:

ehlo
250-Domain.co.uk Hello [192.168.20.45]
250-TURN
250-SIZE 20480000
250-ETRN
250-PIPELINING
250-DSN
250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES
250-8bitmime
250-BINARYMIME
250-CHUNKING
250-VRFY
250-X-EXPS GSSAPI NTLM LOGIN
250-X-EXPS=LOGIN
250-AUTH GSSAPI NTLM LOGIN
250-AUTH=LOGIN
250-X-LINK2STATE
250-XEXCH50
250 OK

Any thoughts would be much appreciated

"Paul" wrote:

> Hi Paul,
>
> 1. The servers have not been moved in AD.
> 2. Both the FE and BE servers are in their respective Domain Exchange
> Servers Groups.
> 3. I am not sure what areas I should be looking at when I run WinRoute but
> here is what I can see:
>
> First glance it all looks OK, the FE and BE server are reporting they are
> connected to the Master. Both servers and all connectors have the green ticks.
>
> There is one routing group 'not found in Directory' this is an old routing
> group that is in the trash can it has one server in this RG and no
> connectors, unfortuatley the server in this old RG is not experiencing any of
> my current problems.
>
> I am going to guess this is not releated to my problem but one I need to
> come back to and try and clean up at a later date!
>
> Also the _ac8f9f1ebaf8034ab47c84d3e52c77ba_s adrress is the address of my
> bridgehead server. So when mail is queued on the BE server in a queue called
> _ac8f9f1ebaf8034ab47c84d3e52c77ba_s(smtp
> connector) it must be waiting delivery to the bridgehead server.
>

> "Rich Matheisen [MVP]" wrote:
>
> > Paul <Paul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> >
> > 					[ snip ]
> >
> > >To summarise:
> > >
> > >Routing Group 1 consists of FE1 and BE1 server.
> > >
> > >If I make FE1 the bridgehead server, BE1 fails to deliver mail to FE1. If I
> > >make BE1 the bridgehead server it will send email to the Internet.
> > >
> > >I can telnet from BE1 to FE1 Ok and get an ehlo response.
> > >
> > >I can telnet from FE1 to BE1 and sometimes I am able to an ehlo response but
> > >sometimes it is returned with an unrecognized command.
> > >
> > >I have ran the exchange analyzer on FE1 server and it has not found any
> > >problems.
> > >
> > >Does anyone have any ideas where the problem could lie? Or does anyone know
> > >of any tests that I could perform?
> >
> > Connectivity may be okay between the servers, but you haven't veriied
> > that the servers can authenticate with each other (which all Exchange
> > servers do).
> >
> > Have you moved the server accounts in the AD? Did you restart the
> > server adter you did that?
> >
> > Are the servers all in the Domain Exchange Servers group in their
> > respective domains? You might try shutting down Exchange, removing its
> > account from the group and then adding it back. Then restart the
> > server.
> >
> > What does WinRoute tell you about the various connections, routing
> > groups, servers, etc.?
> >
> > --
> > Rich Matheisen
> > MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
> > MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm
> > Don't send mail to this address mailto:h.pott@getronics.com
> > Or to these, either: mailto:h.pott@pinkroccade.com mailto:melvin.mcphucknuckle@getronics.com mailto:melvin.mcphucknuckle@pinkroccade.com

0
Paul297 (622)
11/23/2006 2:44:01 PM
Paul <Paul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi Paul,

I thought YOU were Paul!

>1. The servers have not been moved in AD.
>2. Both the FE and BE servers are in their respective Domain Exchange
>Servers Groups.
>3. I am not sure what areas I should be looking at when I run WinRoute but
>here is what I can see:
>
>First glance it all looks OK, the FE and BE server are reporting they are
>connected to the Master. Both servers and all connectors have the green ticks.
>
>There is one routing group 'not found in Directory' this is an old routing
>group that is in the trash can it has one server in this RG and no
>connectors, unfortuatley the server in this old RG is not experiencing any of
>my current problems.
>
>I am going to guess this is not releated to my problem but one I need to
>come back to and try and clean up at a later date!

Cleaning a stale route is possible by having PSS inject a message into
the linkstate data. Or, if you have only a few servers, shut them all
off -- at the same time. When all of the Exchange servers are powered
off at the same time you can power them back on, but they /ALL/ have
to be off to "forget" the linkstate info that's kept only in memory
and propagated everywhere.

>Also the _ac8f9f1ebaf8034ab47c84d3e52c77ba_s adrress is the address of my
>bridgehead server. So when mail is queued on the BE server in a queue called
>_ac8f9f1ebaf8034ab47c84d3e52c77ba_s(smtp
>connector) it must be waiting delivery to the bridgehead server.

Have you changed the FQDN on the FE server's SMTP Virtual Server? Did
you add an A record to your internal DNS to represent that name?

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

I had changed the FQDN on the virtual server and as you correctly diagnosed
I had failed to add the zone \ A record. I had changed the FQDN to our
external mail addrress so when I clicked on the check DNS button it resolved
correctly and gave me the idea it was all setup correctly. The problem was
because I had not put our external name on the inside some traffic was coming
back through the ISA server.

Thanks for the help and now I'm off to sort out the stale record I
discoverred earlier.

"Rich Matheisen [MVP]" wrote:

> Paul <Paul@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Hi Paul,
>
> I thought YOU were Paul!
>
> >1. The servers have not been moved in AD.
> >2. Both the FE and BE servers are in their respective Domain Exchange
> >Servers Groups.
> >3. I am not sure what areas I should be looking at when I run WinRoute but
> >here is what I can see:
> >
> >First glance it all looks OK, the FE and BE server are reporting they are
> >connected to the Master. Both servers and all connectors have the green ticks.
> >
> >There is one routing group 'not found in Directory' this is an old routing
> >group that is in the trash can it has one server in this RG and no
> >connectors, unfortuatley the server in this old RG is not experiencing any of
> >my current problems.
> >
> >I am going to guess this is not releated to my problem but one I need to
> >come back to and try and clean up at a later date!
>
> Cleaning a stale route is possible by having PSS inject a message into
> the linkstate data. Or, if you have only a few servers, shut them all
> off -- at the same time. When all of the Exchange servers are powered
> off at the same time you can power them back on, but they /ALL/ have
> to be off to "forget" the linkstate info that's kept only in memory
> and propagated everywhere.
>
> >Also the _ac8f9f1ebaf8034ab47c84d3e52c77ba_s adrress is the address of my
> >bridgehead server. So when mail is queued on the BE server in a queue called
> >_ac8f9f1ebaf8034ab47c84d3e52c77ba_s(smtp
> >connector) it must be waiting delivery to the bridgehead server.
>
> Have you changed the FQDN on the FE server's SMTP Virtual Server? Did
> you add an A record to your internal DNS to represent that name?
>

> --
> Rich Matheisen
> MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
> Or to these, either: mailto:h.pott@pinkroccade.com mailto:melvin.mcphucknuckle@getronics.com mailto:melvin.mcphucknuckle@pinkroccade.com

0
Paul297 (622)

re-downloading mail on Outlook 2003
I just upgraded from Office 97 to Office 2003. Using Outlook 97, my wife and I were able to use different computers but share one email account. The same mail was downloaded to each PC one time. Now, the same mail gets downloaded over and over again on each PC. I obviously can choose to delete the mail from the server so that it only gets read once, but then the second PC will never see it. How can I get the same behavior from Outlook 2003 that I used to have? Reading 500 messages every 10 minutes makes the upgrade really unusable. Try creating a new mail profile on each comput...

Problem with calender creation in Outlook
Hi NG, I installed CRM these days and got a bigger problem. (Outlook 2007) When I am creating a calender item in outlook (not crm client plugin, as usually in outlook) and then create a connection to a crm lead or anything like that, I get the error, that maybe the CRM server isn´t availible. If I click ok, I get one more error telling me there is an error with the item and if I wanna ignore it or not. (no matter what I click the result is the same). In my outlook calender, the appointment/item is there like it should be, but not at the crm part. Anyone got an idea how to solve th...

How do you a mail message to everyone in your mail database
How do you sending a mail message to everyone is your mail database? I have switched internet dial-up links and need to send a message to everyone. -- Michael Felix felix@attglobal.net You can select all items in your Contacts folder (assuming they all have valid e-mail addresses -- if not, set a filter first so that only those with valid e-mail addresses are showing) and then click Actions | New message to contact. Of course, if you have a lot of contacts, your ISP may balk at sending to so many at once -- if so, you'll have to break up the list somehow. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP -...

OL2003 unable to send mail
Hi In OL2003 when I try to send email I get; 'Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. The following recipient(s) could not be reached: .... None of your email accounts could send to this recipient.' The pc is connected to the internet via a router. Other pcs connected to the router can send mail fine. What is the problem and how can I fix it? Thanks Regards Do you require authentication to send email? check with your provider. "John" <John@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote in message news:%23AzlAxUQFHA.3196@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi ...

Security problem
Hello folks... I have an annoying problem here in the office :( We have a file on a shared folder that is protected by microsoft excel xp password security so, when users open the file they have to type a password to use it. Only 1 user in the whole office is allowed to open the file w/o password prompt! Why? I'm going mad... Thank you for attention :) ...

Safe sendershould not go to junk mail
Hi, I have an web application sends email, I found outlook 2003 puts the emails to the junk mail folder if multiple emails were sent within a short period of time, about 1 minute. The initial one was ok went to inbox, while the followings went to junk mail. but if the gap between multiple emails sent time was longer, the problem went away. (each one went to inbox). This only happened for outlook 2003, not for outlook xp. The sender address is in the global address list, with the same domain with all my users. (so I think it qualified as safe sender.) Question: How can I turn off this filt...

multiple e-mails
Usin' Outlook or Outlook Express, for some reason I keep gettin' repeat emails. Somebody can send me one and I get the same message two or three times! What can I do, if anything, to cure this problem? Anybody had the same problem? Please don't tell me I'm the only one that has had this problem... Rayce texican@coastaccess.com ...

Problem #8
Purchased new computer 5/30/07. I was receiving e-mails ok, but was not sending ok until I removed the trial McAfee. Now can send, but not receive. Was told by internet provider that I needed the link to reformat Outlook 2007. "SavannahUMC" <SavannahUMC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:886634E3-43B5-4AD7-932F-088DFE14F2D2@microsoft.com... > Purchased new computer 5/30/07. I was receiving e-mails ok, but was not > sending ok until I removed the trial McAfee. Now can send, but not > receive. > Was told by internet provider that I needed th...

Windows 7 disk drive problem.
January 23, 2010 Subject: Windows 7 disk drive problem. I can't copy files from my HP Windows 7 disk drive to my hard drive and visa versa. When I got HP support to try to solve the problem my computer crashed. It took them an hour of remote control to get it back running without the original problem of the disk drive resolved. Does anyone know how to do it. Thank you. Gerald On Sat, 23 Jan 2010 22:21:00 GMT, Gerald Hansen <ghansen@tds.net> wrote: >January 23, 2010 > >Subject: Windows 7 disk drive problem. I can't copy files from my HP >Win...

roadwarrior + principal + multigig e-mail + psts = ???
hi all, here's the deal. we have a principal who travels all the time. she gets an insane amount of legit e-mail with small to large attachments (we cap it at 15 MB, 5 MB is fairly common). her mailbox is capped at 700 MB. this is not enough. we have to archive for her every other month. she has almost 2GBs of PST archives on the network. she wants to have access to them all the time. so we have set up offline files to sync the pst folder. ick. sometimes she'll actually edit the psts on the road and when she gets back she's asked to choose between the network version and her loca...

comparing 2 files with Vlookup possible?
I have been asked to use Vlookup to flag similar entries in two files using vlookup. Is it possible? Thanks An easy way to do this is to start your formula and then select the other area and then touch the enter key. =vlookup(a2, now open the other file >goto the lookup range>highlight it>touch the enter key>complete the formula. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "dindigul" <padhye.m@gmail.com> wrote in message news:%23Lm%23AUunHHA.3952@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... >I have been asked to use Vlookup to flag similar entries in two files...

e-mail #17
Microsoft Outlook does not respond to making it my default for e-mail. I have checked all that I know how to. It is checked as my default under "Other" Tab but it continues to send my e-mail to Outlook Express. Why? What am I doing wrong? Orville Cruea <ocruea@columbus.rr.com> wrote: > Microsoft Outlook does not respond to making it my > default for e-mail. I have checked all that I know how > to. It is checked as my default under "Other" Tab but it > continues to send my e-mail to Outlook Express. Why? What > am I doing wrong? What you are doi...

mails are not going out side of my domain
hi , i have an exchange 2003 (sp1) with windows server 2003(sp1) i have an smtp filter for exchange which filters the mails coming in my exchange server , the scenario is like that , first i have an router then pix firewall and then smtp filter then my exchange comes ,he domain controller and exchnage are on same machine. today i am getting a problem is that the mails from hotmail and yahoo are coming to my exchange but the mails from my exchange are not going outside ,the error i am getting is given below. "Your message with Subject: hi test mail could not be delivered to the fo...

XMLnodelist and XPATH Problem
I am having a problem selecting nodes using the XMLnodelist Selectnodes using XPATH when I use XML SPY is successfully queries but when is use VB.net it comes up with nothing. Here is my code Dim nodess As XmlNode nodess = myNode.SelectSingleNode("//Web[@Url= 'http://localhost']") If nodess Is Nothing Then SQLrw.Delete() End If nodess = Nothing The myNode Properites ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ {System.Xml.XmlElement} [System.Xm...

Importing old MS Mail folders
I need to import the shared folders and global address book from an old MS Mail postoffice. I have seen some discussions concerning migrating mailboxes but very little at that. Can anyone point me in the right direction? THanx! ...

Counts for Mail Folders #2
I'd like to have the total number of messages in all the folders and subfolders of my mailbox to appear on the status bar. I don't think that's possible "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:21235507-8D1A-49F6-8ACA-AEFF12922B79@microsoft.com... > I'd like to have the total number of messages in all the folders and > subfolders of my mailbox to appear on the status bar. ...

repititive e-mails
Outlook 2002 in Office XP When sending, the mail does not leave the outbox and sends over and over again, never making it to the sent items folder. The recipients are getting it multiple times. How to fix? ...

Mail receiveing but not sending
Since setting up my mail to use SMTP instead of pop3 I can recieve mail fine but when I send mail it goes but doesn't turn up at the other end! I used the ICW in sbs 2003 to configure it. I've checked the queues on the exchange server but there all empty. My exchange Small Business SMTP connector Properties are set to forward all mail through a smart host. currently smtp.ozemail.com.au!! Not sure why this is happening! Any help would be appreciated! Thanks Any help from SBS newsgroup? John wrote: > Since setting up my mail to use SMTP instead of pop3 I can > recie...

Unable to send e-mails, but can receive e-mail.
I have re-installed Windows Outlook 2000 but now I can not receive e-mails. My network configuration is correct. My IP address and server are correctly labeled, but I still can not receive e-mail. Everyone on the server are not having any problems. What should I do? Hi - which is it you're having a problem with? Your subject line & message content are contradictory... Are you connecting to an Exchange server? What kind of mail account are you having problems with? What errors do you get? GJimenez wrote: > I have re-installed Windows Outlook 2000 but now I can not > receive...

Ex2003 Wierd Problem
Our Organization LAN network infrastructure is as follows. 1] One server running windows server2003, DC,DNS,DHCP & Ex2003 sp2 2] Another server running ISA 2004 with OWA, RPC/HTTP rules to allow users access from the internet. We have a POP account hosted at our service providers end & on our Exchange server we use a POP connector to download mails from the internet to our exchange server. We had this setup running without any problem for years, but since a few days ago the following is happening. When certain users send a email to certain other users {not all) the email is del...

Replicate mail boxes?
is it possable to replicate mail boxes? I would like to do this while we migrate fully over to our new server? What are you trying to accomplish? replicate Stores? At byte and block levels using 3rd party products like NSI, or from storage vendors like NetApp (SnapMirror) and EMC. Exchange 12 is reported to have log shipping. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "Josh" <Jsawyer@insightbb.com> wrote in message news:e$ZlNv66FHA.4076@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > is it possable to replicate mail...

Incoming mail server changes to "localhost" after windows is restarting
hi... this is the problem i am facing...can anyone help me "Incoming mail server changes to "localhost" after windows is restarting" pls reply in vijai@fourdtech.co.in" Thanks & Regards Vijay The most likely reason is that you have an antivirus solution installed that can scan e-mail as it is downloaded. You would need to disable the scanning of e-mail to get what you describe to stop. "vijai@fourdtech.co.in" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:146d01c4a20a$b5ca8e60$a301280a@phx.gbl... > hi... > > this is ...

delete blocked senders messages on receipt why junk mail them?
Why is it that after going to all the trouble of putting people onto a blocked senders list the filter still puts their messages into the junk mail folder for you to delete them? Or am I understanding the training wrong? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane....

Mailing in a test enviornment
I have a CRM ans SQL server configure on a single machine and the Domain controleer along with exchange Server on a seperate machine. Till some time back Mails could be sent via CRM and they could be seen in the history tab. Suddenly when i try to send mails vai CRM, it gives me the following error: Unexpected Error for more information contact your system administrator. I have checked all the necessary services required for the excahnge enviornment. The exchange router has been reinstalled as well. Still cannot figure out why I am getting this error. Thank for your help in advance Jus...

change mail format for contacts
For the iphone, attachments come over as winmail.dat and the solution is to change the mail format in options, mail format to HTML. Also the individual contacts needs to be changed by double clicking the email address and changing the internet format to Send Plain Text only. After these changes are made, the attachments come over fine. I have had problems with this issue with some contact before. I would love to be able to make this change globally instead of having to edit all contacts. Can this be done. It can be done with some VBA code, which you'll find here: ht...