mail box rights it only shows "SELF"

Once the user has been created, checking the Email address tab show nothing
(empty), I pointing rus to the right DC, this solve that problem, but i have
still have the next problem:
under the mail box rights it only shows "SELF"  where as all
the other account show 8 or more system users?
exchange 2003

Gr,
Marco

0
Marco243 (55)

On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 13:10:27 -0800, "Marco"
<Marco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Once the user has been created, checking the Email address tab show nothing
>(empty), I pointing rus to the right DC, this solve that problem, but i have
>still have the next problem:
>under the mail box rights it only shows "SELF"  where as all
>the other account show 8 or more system users?
>exchange 2003
>
>Gr,
>Marco

Once the mailbox is logged onto, the account will be updated with the
applicable permissions.
0
adavid (8731)
2/21/2006 9:13:25 PM
Hi,

This is normal.

The actual mailbox is not yet created (won't be till the user starts Outlook
/ OWA or when it receives an email). At this point you can see all inherited
permissions.

Leif

"Marco" <Marco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Once the user has been created, checking the Email address tab show
> nothing
> (empty), I pointing rus to the right DC, this solve that problem, but i
> have
> still have the next problem:
> under the mail box rights it only shows "SELF"  where as all
> the other account show 8 or more system users?
> exchange 2003
>
> Gr,
> Marco

see this article, it will explain the answer for your question
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=272153
;)
--
Loay Olabi
MCSA, MCSE

"Leif Pedersen [MVP]" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> This is normal.
>
> The actual mailbox is not yet created (won't be till the user starts Outlook
> / OWA or when it receives an email). At this point you can see all inherited
> permissions.
>
> Leif
>
> "Marco" <Marco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Once the user has been created, checking the Email address tab show
> > nothing
> > (empty), I pointing rus to the right DC, this solve that problem, but i
> > have
> > still have the next problem:
> > under the mail box rights it only shows "SELF"  where as all
> > the other account show 8 or more system users?
> > exchange 2003
> >
> > Gr,
> > Marco

0
loay (36)

Cannot receive e-mail mailed to myself
Recently my home computer crashed. I restored the operating system and all program files from an image backup. Since then, when I e-mail to or from my office the sending computer gets the e-mails but the receiving computer gets nothing. Any help for that? What version of Outlook? What kind of mail server? (POP? IMAP? Exchange?). When you say "the sending computer gets the e-mails" do you mean they appear in the Inbox as if newly received? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com Author - The Lawyer&...

Exchange makes itself default e-mail account
I work with a small non profit organization and we just started using SBS 2003. We have been using a POP3 e-mail server. We would like to use Exchange to share calendars, and group lists, but DO NOT want to have exchange manage our e-mail. In other words we would like to have the POP3 continue to manage incoming and outgoing email, and use Outlook to veiw the e-mail. I told this to the guys that installed our server and there did not seem to be a problem. They set up the server and e-mail accounts. Each Outlook client has a POP3 account (for e-mail) and an Exchange account for sharing cl...

self signed certificate with IE8/windows 7
Hello everyone, best wishes for 2010. I am trying to install a certificate so that I don't get the "There is a problem with this website's security certificate." message each time. it is the firewall's certificate (not ISA). No matter which store I install the certificate to, doesn't seem to install it. looking at the store after installation the certificate doesn't even exist. Is this a problem with Ie8? Thanks in advance Here is how I got it to work: 1) Go to the website in question, http://xxx.yyy.com, for instance, 2) Click through until yo...

Sorry, this is a repost, cuz i didn't explain myself right
Sorry, my initial said only count the "P", but i know need=20 it to count all the codes. >-----Original Message----- >I put >=3DCOUNTIF(D9:H9, "p") >and it works, but the row may have several different=20 >codes, so i need it to be able to count whether its p or=20 a=20 >or h > >=3Dcountif(d9:h9,"p", "a") doesnt work >>-----Original Message----- >>Try with >> >>=3DCOUNTIF(TheRange, "p") >> >>where TheRange is a reference to the range that contains=20 >the p's and h's. >&g...

Rule to Forward Incoming Mail Fails when item is itself a replied-to or forwarded e-mail
Is there a fix or programming activity which will defeat the apparent Outlook 2003 bug which causes rules to forward mail to fail when the incoming e-mail is a forwarded or replied-to e-mail? Steven Bookman <steve@bookman.net> wrote: > Is there a fix or programming activity which will > defeat the apparent Outlook 2003 bug which causes > rules to forward mail to fail when the incoming e-mail > is a forwarded or replied-to e-mail? Can you give an example? What fails? -- Brian Tillman On Thu, 6 Apr 2006 15:30:01 -0400, "Brian Tillman" <tillman1952@yahoo.com&g...

HR Self-Service Suite
We are looking to purchase and implement the HR Self-Service suite for GP but we have some questions about it functionality and performance before taking the plunge. I would love to talk to a company that has actually implemented it and is currently using it. We have close to 200 employees with a high turn over rate so this is one issue we have regarding the overall performance. Please respond through Please, no sales emails or spam. Thanks. email: tknecht@inbalance.net ...

Self password Reset
i've win2k3 domain and i need to create a web page for self password reset..Are there any options available to do so.Or if there are any low cost solutions available. Can anyone help I know Anixis has one, we use another product of theirs that is very reasonable but I can't tell you what they charge. I doubt you will find a free version of this type of software. http://www.anixis.com/products/apr/default.htm -- Paul Bergson MVP - Directory Services MCITP - Enterprise Administrator MCTS, MCT, MCSE, MCSA, MCP, Security +, BS CSci 2008, Vista, 2003, 2000 (Early Ach...

Self-Replicating e-mails
Request a recommendation on what action I may need to take, please. I greatly appreciate your help: System: two computers, home-networked. computer(1): hp desktop, pentium 4, XP w/ MS Outlook (2003) computer(2): compaq presario 1700, ME w/ MS Outlook (2002) Internet Service Provider: Road-Runner via cable modem. Both computers have updated virus protection programs - neither one found a virus after a complete system scan. Description of Problem: computer(1)send a newsletter to ca. 150 recipients, 74 kb in size, via Outlook. Computer user (2) opened Outlook, updated e-mail via 'send...

oulook sends mail by itself
the problem is it sends before I even have the chance to=20 type anything, it totally acts on its own, sometimes it=20 allows me to type 1 word and sometimes a few sentences=20 and then sometimes it sends when I hit the reply button=20 on a piece of mail I recieved. >-----Original Message----- >The obvious solution is to hit save when you think you=20 have finished a piece >of mail. This will save it to your drafts folder or=20 your in-box. then, >when you are sure you want to send the mail, hit the=20 send button. > >--=81 >Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] >peter beu...

win i delate an email from the in box the outlook restart it self
im useing apop mail, gmail on the outlook win i delate an email from the in box the programe (the outlook) restart it self or shut down ' plz help me what it can be th e proplem What version of Outlook are you using? Also, have you tried running ScanPST.EXE on your PST file? A post of the details of the error might be nice also. "azmi" <azmi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7C123E2A-CDBA-47EB-B77F-C9A39128D5E3@microsoft.com... > im useing apop mail, gmail on the outlook win i delate an email from the > in > box > the programe (the outl...

Allow ability to only send e-mail to self - Similiar to a "Suggestion Box"
We are creating an e-mail account that will be shared by everyone. User will send messages to our "HR department. It is being set up so that everyone can send e-mail without revealing the person who sent it. Similiar to a "Suggestion box" using e-mail. Any ideas ? How do stop a mailbox from sending to a outside account if I am unable to remove the SMTP address, which I could do in 5.5 Thanks in advance Kevin You can deny the account the ability to send mail out of the Default Virtual SMTP server or your SMTP connector. Bob "Kevin" <emer777@hotmail.com> wrot...

Self Generating Mail
A client's Exchange 5.5 server is generating mail all by itself. Thousands of outbound messages are being generated with no one logged in. If I stop the IMC, the flow quits and the messages can be deleted from the queue, but will regenerate as soon as the IMC is restarted. The server is on Exchange 5.5 SP4, running NT4.0 and SP6a with critical patches loaded. It will fill the outbound queues and bring the server to a standstill. Has anyone else seen this? Please help. Did you secure the server from being an open relay? Also disable authenticated relay if it isn't needed.... ...

HR Self Service
We would like to request that the capability to add or change the State W-4 Withholding allowances be added to the HR Self Service Suite functionality. So that similar processes can be used for both the Federal and State W-4. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message...

Shared workbook keeps renaming self #2
hi there. if anyone has any ideas, i could really use some help here.... thank guys -- three6ohchri ----------------------------------------------------------------------- three6ohchris's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1319 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26226 ...

Is it possible to setup a self-updating master list?
I want to setup a master data spread sheet that will update automatically from data entered in muliple other sheets. Bassically if I enter data additional data into the existing sheets that data would automatically appear in the Master data sheet. Does Anyone have any answers? mbh: You might try using either VLOOKUP formulas or linking the main tab with the others. Could you be more specific or post an example spreadsheet with what you are trying to do? -- cparaske ------------------------------------------------------------------------ cparaske's Profile: http://www.excelforum...

Shared workbook keeps renaming self
we have shared workbooks that can be used by up to 40 employees at an give time. occasionally the workbooks will magically rename themselve to things like 78097B00 or 6D8CD100 and when going to properties i states "type of file: file" can anything offer any explanation as to what is causing this and ho to stop it? it has become very troublesome since it takes a while t fix. thanks -- three6ohchri ----------------------------------------------------------------------- three6ohchris's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1319 View this thre...

Why don't Microsoft issue Self-pace RMS Text book
I find for material to study but cannot, why don't ms issue rms text book There is a training manual you could buy for around $100. Have you read the RMS manual and practiced with the sample database and used the RMS help files? Rick Brown DataBasics "falunkai" <falunkai@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3483C77A-EAD9-40DF-AF32-345C62B8B88C@microsoft.com... >I find for material to study but cannot, why don't ms issue rms text book There's also a Web Based training - around 20 hours and self paced for about $300. It's what our new t...

I locked my self out of CRM
I sure did it this time. I accidently unchecked System Administrator for my CRM Admin account while changing user roles. Is there anyway to give my admin account those priviledges back or do I need to rip the whole installation and start over. River Try and see if you can add the CRM Admin role to the administrator in Active Directory. The roles are stored there. Never tried it, but I think it should work Regards Rob Bakker Accenture Hi River, I did exactly the same thing as you did. Only proper solution to this is actuallty to install the whole thing... Not that great, but since you l...

sending mail on behalf of myself??!!
I'm conected to an exchange 2003 server, using outlook 2000. When I send an email it says Jeff Gross [jgross@somedomain.com]; on behalf of Jeff Gross. What's up with that? How can I set this up so that it's sending direct and not on behalf of myself. It's windows XP Professional on a laptop. Yes I'm logging in directly to the domain. Yes I only have 1 user ID.. Yes the machine is a member of the domain. sounds like youre a delegate on your own mailbox. check and remove the delegation if it exists "DJ Jeff Rush" <jgross@quonix.net> wrote in message ...

Move through records with self made buttons only
I'm currently busy with the following: I have made the navigation buttons on my forms invisible, and added my own buttons on the form instead. Future users (without any knowledge of access) can scroll between forms with these buttons. The problem I'm facing now: I can still navigate between records without using my buttons, using the scroll wheel on the mouse, as well as the tab-button on my keyboard. This can be distracting for future users of the form. My question: How do I make sure that navigating between records is ONLY possible using my self made buttons? Assumin...

outlook sends mail by itself
the problem is it sends before I even have the chance to=20 type anything, it totally acts on its own, sometimes it=20 allows me to type 1 word and sometimes a few sentences=20 and then sometimes it sends when I hit the reply button=20 on a piece of mail I recieved. >-----Original Message----- >The obvious solution is to hit save when you think you=20 have finished a piece >of mail. This will save it to your drafts folder or=20 your in-box. then, >when you are sure you want to send the mail, hit the=20 send button. > >--=81 >Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] > >Post ...

How do you rid yourself of unwanted dialog boxes?
I use Microsoft Excel. I had a oilfield management program installed when I purchased the computer. When I open this menu up file not found dialog boxes are in front of the menu. I have to click off these boxes to use menu. This started happening only recently. It is now up to 7 boxes. Help, I am a novice. MIkeT Hi is this an Excel application?. If yes what error messages appear eaxctly -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "mtwin@telus.net" <mtwin@telus.net@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:9C75E7A3-C24E-41B3-BB84-3B284FF94B03@microsoft.com... &...

Recommendations for self-teaching material for 2005/2008 Business Intelligence Platform?
Hello, can someone recommend a self-teaching material for the Business Intelligence Platform 2005/2008 (Analysis Services, Reporting Services, Data Mining, etc.)? Thanks! Thomas Have you looked at the tutorials in BOL? SQL Server 2008 ships with several and there is even a link to them from the start menu (next to the BOL entry). -- Jay Konigsberg SQL Server DBA in Sacramento, CA (looking for work) http://www.linkedin.com/in/jaykonigsberg Live in Sacramento, CA? Join the Sacramento SQL Server User Group on LinkedIn http://www.linkedin.com/groups?home=&gid...

User CC's self, and it disapears from inbox
I've never seen this before. - A user CCs himself on an e-mail. - The message shows up as unread in the Inbox. - Outlook 97 freezes for about a minute. - When O97 unfreezes, the message has disappeared from the inbox. It's not in Deleted Items. The other recipents received their copy. Message Tracking on the Exch2000 server shows it as delivered: "SMTP Store Driver: Message Delivered Locally to Store to user@domain" All other e-mail (read and unread) shows up in the mailbox, and he can send e-mail to others. Does anyone have any ideas? I'm stumped. Than...

Do not receive mail when I Cc myself
When I send out a Distribution List I Cc myself but I do not recevie the e-mail. My mail is going through an exchange server 5.5. Any ideals? ...