MAC and Exchange IM

Good Day Folks,

Do any of you have any experience with any applications that would permit a
MAC client to function with the Exchange 2003 IM application? I have not
been able to find any. The only thing I have come across would be the new
Messenger client for MAC which only supports Comm. Server.

Thanks

DeWayne E. Cusick
VP, Implementation Strategy and Management
Medidata Solutions, Inc.

0
dcusick (1)

On Sun, 16 Oct 2005 17:58:50 -0400, DeWayne Cusick <dcusick@mdsol.com>
wrote:

>Good Day Folks,
>
>Do any of you have any experience with any applications that would permit a
>MAC client to function with the Exchange 2003 IM application? I have not
>been able to find any. The only thing I have come across would be the new
>Messenger client for MAC which only supports Comm. Server.
>
>Thanks
>

>DeWayne E. Cusick
>VP, Implementation Strategy and Management
>Medidata Solutions, Inc.

There is no Exchange 2003 IM application.

LCS / Communicator  integrates with Outlook /Sharepoint etc...

0
adavid (8731)
10/16/2005 10:06:14 PM
I have to agree with Andy and with you, DeWayne.

The Messenger for Mac is only supported by Live Communications Server 2005.
It is based upon the SIP protocol, an industry standard/recognized protocol.

Unfortunately, to the best of my knowledge, there is not an IM product for
the Mac which supports the RVP protocol, used by the Exchange 2000
Collaboration Server.  As Andy already noted, there is not an Exchange 2003
IM server.

Cheers,

Bob

--
Bob Christian II
MVP - LCS

"Andy David - Exchange MVP" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in
message news:cjj5l1tll8uoi935o7b13ck6lhipqqorpb@4ax.com...
> On Sun, 16 Oct 2005 17:58:50 -0400, DeWayne Cusick <dcusick@mdsol.com>
> wrote:
>
>>Good Day Folks,
>>
>>Do any of you have any experience with any applications that would permit
>>MAC client to function with the Exchange 2003 IM application? I have not
>>been able to find any. The only thing I have come across would be the new
>>Messenger client for MAC which only supports Comm. Server.
>>
>>Thanks
>>

>>DeWayne E. Cusick
>>VP, Implementation Strategy and Management
>>Medidata Solutions, Inc.
>

> There is no Exchange 2003 IM application.
>
> LCS / Communicator  integrates with Outlook /Sharepoint etc...

0
BobChristian (293)

Rename Exchange MBX Folders
Hi. How do you rename folders in the M: drive? Ex. Inbox to Bandeja de entrada. Ive tried using the Exmerge.exe program, however it doesnt work. Thanks The M: drive is a virtual drive. Pretend that it doesn't exist. Do not interfere with it. People have corrupted their information stores when playing with the M: drive. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchange.co.uk "alonso" <alonso.alamo@cajacirculo.es> wrote in message news:0c5b01c3d603$265cfca0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Hi. > > How do you rename folde...

Force uninstall of Exchange
I have a Windows 2003 server with Exchange 2003 I don't know what has been done on the machine (I think that it has been moved from one domain to another), but my problem is now that Exchange won't uninstall (I need to reinstall it). Every time I try uninstalling, I get: "Setup failed while installing sub-component Exchange Active Sync with Error code 0x80005000" And when you click through, it fails with some other sub-components ending up with no change. I have been following: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/833396 but it still has Microsoft Exchange Messaging and Col...

Switch to Mac?!
Dear all! I am seriously contemplating switching to Apple.... I usually hear screams of horror at this point, but given this is a Mac forum !... I have long been a Microsoft addict. I have the SPV phone, a Dell Axim, I have 3 pc desktops, 3 laptops- all running some form of Windows. I am even a Microsoft beta tester. BUT, I am sick of it. I want a change. One of my primary concerns about the switch is Office. I love office 2003 for the pc- BUT error messages are constant and outlook keeps crashing. I've looked on the Microsoft mactopia website and it all looks very good but of course...

ADC to multiple exchange 5.5 organizations. #2
Hello, My company was recently involved in a merger. Prior to the merger we were in the process of migrating to exchange 2003 from 5.5. I now have the responsibility of collapsing the new companies 5.5 org into our current 5.5/2003 org. Am I able to setup multiple ADC's? Basically one ADC for current 5.5/2003 organization and another ADC for the new 5.5 organization? Thanks for your replies! ...

Parent/Child Exchange Setup
My org is running Exchange 2003 with the exchange server itself on a parent domain controller, and my user's accounts on a child domain, on a domain controller at another site. My question is, if all child domain controllers goes down or are not contactable for the child domain, will exchange users in the child domain still be able to authenticate, say through Outlook Web Access. There are Global Catalog Servers at all sites and Active Directory Replication is configured and working properly. Authentication will not be a problem for OWA, Outlook or otherwise. Exchange builds a ...

Exchange 2003 server not updating proxy addresses
I have a SBS 2003 server and when I create a new user account a mailbox for the user is not created and no proxy addresses either. I tried updating the recipient policies manually but that still did not work. The user account is supposed to have this updated automatically from AD. Any ideas? How much time have you given it? Anything in the app event log? bernardl wrote: > I have a SBS 2003 server and when I create a new user account a mailbox for > the user is not created and no proxy addresses either. I tried updating the > recipient policies manually but that still did not...

Office for Mac apps "unexpectedly quit"
I am running Office X for Mac (2001 version) on my Powerbook G4 with OS X Tiger 10.4.11 I have never had any problems using my office suite until yesterday when I tried to open Word by clicking on the Word Icon in my Dock. It started to open and then a window came up saying "word has unexpectedly quit." I tried numerous times and each time got the same message. This also happens if I try to open Excel or Powerpoint. Interestingly, if I double click on an existing word, powerpoint or excel document the program opens with no problem. It just won't open by double clicking on the ap...

Migrating Exchange 2003 to New Hardware and Hostname
Hello Everyone, I am looking for a whitepaper or some instruction on how to migrate Exchange 2003 from old hardware to new hardware with a new hostname. In this case imaging will not work. I guess really what I'm looking for is how to get the servers to communicate with each other during the migration. I would like to perform a parallel install and migrate user mailboxes over a week or two if possible. Is there an automated way to have Outlook clients start picking up their mail from the new server according to where their mailboxes are located without having to script a change ...

Is this possible in Exchange Server 2000..?
We have an estimating dept in our firm consisting of 4 people. Until this week these people have not had Exchange mailboxes. My boss doesn't want these individuals to have personal email addresses but wants them all to be part of a distribution group called estimating which has the email address estimating@xyz.com If any one of these individuals sends an email, the reply address is to be estimating@xyz.com. How can this be done, without each person having a personal smtp address??? Many thanks for any help offered. paul. -- Using Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://...

2004 Mac Microsoft Excel: Lost corner! Can NOT shrink the window!! #3
I am new to Mac, so if anyone can tell me how to fix this problem I have, it will be appreciated. When I launch Excel, open an existing file by choosing 'open' under 'File' at toolbar, Excel opens up a window to show all the files, folders etc. from my computer HD and extermal HD etc. in one window with the tile 'Open: Microsoft Excel'. Somehow, this winow in my Excel program has corner push down out of screen. Therefore, I can not grab the corner to shrink the window to fit my computer screen. I barely see 'Cancel' and 'Open' icons at the bottom of the...

Exchange Sync deletes calendar items older than 2 weeks..
Hi, Have several Wireless PDA all running Exchange Sync. It appears as though that any calendar items older than 2 weeks old are deleted from the smartphone. These are Palm Phones and there is NOT a setting for Calendar retension only the inbox. Wired Sync allow all items (no matter how old). Exchange Sync syncs delete anything older than 2 weeks. Palm says this is Microsoft Exchange Portable Devices default. Anyone know how to keep items older than 2 weeks old? Is this an Exchange Server setting for mobile devices? Is there a registry key that can override it? On Tue, 30...

The future of Exchange data storage
I read in a recent article that the next version of Exchange will store, not only e-mail, but also faxes, voicemail, etc. It seems inevitable to me (and has for a few years now) that the Exchange storage architecture is going to have to move away from the current JET technology and to SQL. I've heard rumors that this is the future direction of Exchange. Can anyone confirm or deny this claim. If it is true, will the next version of Exchange include this transition to SQL (at least on the Enterprise Edition) or is it further in the future? "The E12 release will continue to rely ...

Exchange as secondary MX
Hi Guys, looking for a how-to on setting up Exchange as secondary or backup MX. Closest I can find is Sharing SMTP address spaces in Exchange 2000 Server and Exchange Server 2003 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/321721 which isn't really it but makes me believe: I create a Recipient Policy for the domain but uncheck 'This Exchange Organization is responsible for all mail delivery to this address'. I create a new SMTP connector specifying 'Forward all mail...' and the Primary's name/ip then 'Allow messages to be relayed to these domains '. Is this and DN...

SMTP on MS EXCHANGE 2000 Server
I have an exchange server set up in our environment but the clients have been set up as pop clients and not as exchange clients. I wont go into the details as to why we have gone for that. The question is that when a client sets its pop server as "abc.mail.com" it receives mails so thats fine but when it writes "abc.mail.com" in SMTP it doesnt send and gives an error as NO TRANSPORT SERVER AVAILABLE. At the moment the clients are using the ISP's SMTP. SMTP connector has been created on mail server and if a client is setup as an EXCHANGE client then there are no issues,...

Backup of remote Exchange Server, any Gotchas?
I administer a multisite network. Our head office is in Perth, a branch office is in Sydney. The two sites are connected via 2Mbit VPN link. The head office has approx 100 users, the branch around 20. We run an Exchange 2007 server in Perth. I am considering placing an Exchange 2007 server in the branch office, and using DPM in Perth to back it up. The total mailbox data size in Sydney will be about 6Gb. Questions: 1. Is this a valid configuration? 2. How well does DPM manage bandwidth in this sort of scenario? I hope to be able to just do a delta copy each night after h...

Upgrade Mac MSO v.X To Mac MSO 2004 To Mac MSO 2008
I own a G4 iMac 15-inch which runs 10.4.11. I plan to purchase an Intel iMac 24-inch soon. I am a registered user of MSO v.X. I wish to purchase the MSO 2004 upgrade at the discounted upgrade price which often sells for $203.99. Then I wish to upgrade MSO 2004 to MSO 2008 for the $6.99 upgrade price. Does my MSO v.X version qualify for the MSO 2004 upgrade price? Will the MSO 2004 installer recognize my MSO v.X installation as a qualifying upgradeable package? Is my MSO v.X to MSO 2008 upgrade path legitimate? On a sidebar, I plan to perform a fresh installation of MSO 2008 on the Inte...

reply address ?
trixie wrote: This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002 & 2003 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie55.outlookexpress for OE 5.5x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress for OE 6.x microsoft.public.internet.mail.mac for the Macintosh version of OE If those groups aren't carried on the news server that's ...

Automatic Switching between Exchange/POP3
How do I configure Outlook 2003 to automatically change accounts from POP3 to Exchange when I am sending an email? Outlook XP never had trouble with this but with 2003 I have to manually choose the account to send the email by. No version of Outlook "automatically changed" - you always had to manually change the sending account. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com...

Exchange logs and AWStats
I am attempting to use AWStats to generate a report for my Exchange 2003 server. The log files that my server creates are nothing like the log formats AWStats suggests and I am having a hard time mapping them. Does anyone out there use AWStats? Do you have a working LogFormat in your config file? I need to map client host, receiver host, method, url, bytes and time. I am worried about the format of the time and really do not know what they want for method or url. Thanks in advance... ...

SQL Server Notifications and migration to Exchange 2003
I have some 30 SQL Servers that use an Exchange 5.5 mailbox to send job notifications. It is now time to migrate this mailbox to the new Exchange 2003 Server. Will this interupt the SQL service in any way? Has anyone seen any issues that our DBAs need to be aware of? Dave "David Ashe" <davida@telephia.com> wrote: >I have some 30 SQL Servers that use an Exchange 5.5 mailbox to send job >notifications. >It is now time to migrate this mailbox to the new Exchange 2003 Server. > >Will this interupt the SQL service in any way? nope. >Has anyone seen any i...

Excel addon for Mac
For my marketing college class I had to buy a textbook that comes with Excel addon software. However, the software is Windows only. I own a Mac with office, Excel included. Does anyone know if there if a copy of the software for Macs? Textbook: Basic Marketing Research: Using Microsoft Excel Data Analysis Software: XL Data Analyst OS: Mac OS X 10.4.4 Office: Mac office 2004 Teacher/Student Edition I have also contacted the publisher of the book and they said they could not find a Mac version of the addon. A search of google leads to http://xldataanalyst.com/Basic/ -- Regards, Tush...

imsext.dll in Exchange 5.5
Hi, We have a need to append a disclaimer to outgoing mail. I've been reading on the functionality of the imsext.dll in this regard, and it appears as if it could cause me some relaying grief if implemented incorrectly. I am wondering if anyone here can comment on it's use, whether it works or not, and what the correct method is to implement it to ensure I don't block the routing of inbound mail or allow relaying on my server? The MSKB article I've look at is this one: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;258206&Product=ech I've also looked at t...

DR for Exchange 2007
Hello I am running a standalone 2007 mbx server and two ht\cas servers, we currently have no SCR or CCR in place. I want to know what my recovery options are in the event the mailbox servers hardware needs to be replaced, and i have to reinstall windows and reinstall exchange on new hardware? Exchange 2007 is currently at sp2 and its running on windows 2008 Many thanks Restore from backup. -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems." .. "skip" <skip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

Mac Stuff CDs, A to Z, updated 2007/September/20, and Win & Mac programs, 'WinMac', 'PC/MaC', 'Win-Mac', 'Multi', 'Multi-Platform', 'MultiFormat', 'MULTIOS', 'HYBRID'
Mac Stuff CDs, A to Z, updated 2007/September/20, and Win & Mac programs, 'WinMac', 'PC/MaC', 'Win-Mac', 'Multi', 'Multi-Platform', 'MultiFormat', 'MULTIOS', 'HYBRID' please send e-mail loa210@mail.gr , loa210@mailbox.gr , -------------------------------------------------------- 08/22/2007 Mac OS X Tiger 10.4.10 X86 08/14/2007 Adobe CS3 Master Collection MAC OSX UB D1 .DVD 08/09/2007 Digidesign Pro Tools V7.3 LE MAC OSX 05/11/2007 Altiverb 5.1 .MAC. .PPC. OSX 04/26/2007 VTC Macromedia D...

Exchange 2003 and archiving
I have a client that is wanting to monitor email for a specific user. They want to archive all incoming and outgoing messages to a specific mailbox(s). Any suggestions on how to do this or where to get started looking? only way to really do this is to use Journaling... http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2003/library/journaling.mspx -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Jeremy Henry" <JeremyHenry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0F492B10-8DEB-4997-91F2-8B33B341751A@microsoft.com... >I have a client that is wanting to monitor email for a specif...