Lost mail after mailbox move - possibly Entourage problem

I have the following issue.

I have two exchange 2003 advanced servers - an old one and a new one and am
in the process of moving mailboxes between the two.

I moved a whole storage group of Outlook users to the new one the other
night. All was OK, Outlook picked up the new server and adjusted itself as
expected.

Unbeknown to me one user also uses Entourage on a Mac, having both Mac and
PC Outlook logged into the same account at the same time.

Surprisingly Entourage seemed to continue to operate, I would have thought
it would not connect to the new server but it seemed to manage.

The following morning mail would come into the inbox in Outlook then
disappear within a few secs. Sometimes it would hang around for longer. Also
many subfolders under inbox are now empty, along with sent items.

There is another strange thing happening - there is an inbox and an inbox
(1) as well as two outboxes, sent items, calendar etc.

I have moved this mailbox back to the original server but the problem
persisted.
I set up a rule on the PC to copy all incoming mail to a copiedmail folder
and this seems to be working fine, saving any news mails.

I have stopped the problem happening by changing the users password causing
Entourage to error when connecting to Exchange.

My immediate problem is locating the missing mail. I cannot see it within
any folders in Outlook or Entourage or deleted items or recover deleted items.

Anyone any ideas or explanation.
I have no brick level backups but have full backups (140GB !) which will
take me all night to restore.

outlook mail problem #2
i am running windows xp professional when i try to send a email a error comes up that says: does not recognize one or more names i recive mail find . can anyone help thanks gt gregg trenor <gt@irsauction.com> wrote: > i am running windows xp professional when i try to send > a email a error comes up that says: > does not recognize one or more names > i recive mail find . can anyone help thanks gt Please report, stating the exact text of the error messane, you Outlook version, and the type of account you're using. This isn't alt.psychic.read.my.mind -- Brian T...

Missing All Externally Received E-mail
Running Exchange 2003 in a clustered environment. User uses OWA exclusively. Mailbox had about 10,000 messages in the inbox. One day all externally sent E-mail was gone. Info store mounts and all E-mails from internal users are still there. This info is extremely important. Backups went back only 3 days (managed/hosted exchange provider). Has anyone ever experienced this? What "could" be the problem? STM file got hosed? Quarantined by AV? I'm hoping the file I need is still on the server but was moved after a corruption was found / storage limit was reached. ...

Lost Formatting When tab is copied
My problem would seem to be very basic. I have a table that has values with dollars in columns and then a rate (i.e. one cell less another and then divide) in percentage format. When I copy an existing tab either into the same workbook or into a new workbook, many of my percent formats change to dollar format. This happens no matter what page I copy and it happens on pages that I am not even touching or copying. Often times these cells that lose their formatting are next to cells that are in dollar format that are pulling their data from pivot table. Could this have anything to do with it? ...

Opening other user's folder in Entourage X
Does anyone know how to open other user's folders, such as Calendar, in Entourage X (Mac version of Outlook)? Thanks for your assistance, John Try posting in a Mac Entourage group - the applications are very different. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, john smith asked: | Does anyone know how to open other user's folders, such as Calendar, | in Entourage X (Mac version o...

how to remove e-mail attachments from public folders
Is there way to configure public folders to strip and remove e-mail attachments, when users move emails from their inbox to the public folders? In my public folders I have setup a lets say projects folder for users to move e-mails they get from outside vendors involving different projects. The problem I have is this; E-mails come with file attachments and users forget to delete the attachments before they move the e-mails to the project folder. As result my public folder has grown too large. Is there a way I can set things up when an e-mail is moved from the users inbox to the public fo...

SOT
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_012F_01C55179.E34527A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Is it possible to use non-Exchange Mail servers with Outlook (I'm = thinking of the free Mercury that comes from Pegasus initially - are = there others?) and if so, are there any recommended web sites to tell me = both how to set up the mail server and also connect Outlook to it? Thanks --=20 Gordon Burgess-Parker Interim Systems and Management Accounting www.gbpcomputing.co.uk ------=_NextPart_000...

2010 charts will not move or resize
tried out the office 2010 and in excel: cannot move charts that are created on the worksheet cannot resize charts that are created on the worksheet using handles is this a bug or a feature? sorry if this is the wrong newsgroup, i have not found one specifically for excel 2010 or office 2010. regards to the group, banjo banjo, Where, how did you get a copy of Office 2010 ? -- Jim Cone Portland, Oregon USA "rud" <rdewberry@gmail.com> wrote in message tried out the office 2010 and in excel: cannot move charts that are created on the worksheet cannot resize charts that...

How to configure outlook from internet only mail to corporate/workgroup mail
Hello all Can anyone help me please. I have configured my outlook to internet only email. I now need to configure it to use corporate/workgroup email. Can someone help me please For information on choosing a support version or changing to the other support version, look here: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/choosingmode.htm -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Mark Young" <ymark@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message news:07da01c3ba54$4b268260$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Hello all > > Can anyone help me please. I have configured my outlook > to internet only email. I...

problem deleting mailbox
I had some trouble with a echange mailbox. So i deleted the mailbox from the user, and created a new one again. All problems are over now, so that worked... but..... When i now go to the exchange system manager, and i go to: Servers->servername->first storage group->mailbox store->mailboxes i get a overview of all users mailboxes sizes etc... But the user from wich i deleted his mailbox and then added it again, now has 2 Mailboxes in this overview!?! is this normal? Why didn't exchange remove the old mailbox completely? it is a pretty large mailbox of about 500Mb, so now, if ...

Delivering mails to a distribution group separately?
Hello! I�m using an Exchange 2000 Enterprise Server. Our mail accounts are hosted by a provider. The Clients are receiving there mails directly from the provider by using POP. In order to send mails to external addresses we use a single SMTP account known by the Exchange Server. This works beautyfully for ditribution groups with less than 250 receipients. With larger distribution groups we have got the problem that they are blocked by our provider. Does anybody know how to force Exchange to deliver the mails separately or in packages smaller than a determined value? Many Thanks Bernd ...

What was lost is found
Some of you may recall my frantic thrashing around here when I reinstalled my OS (Win XP) and had to reinstall Publisher 98 but could not find the installation disk. With a tweak here and a cludge there I was able to reinstall from the Publisher directory on the drive. (Don't ever install to the Windows/Program Files directory. Give each application its own root directory.) But the reinstall, though good enough to retrieve all my *.pub files and create new ones, lacks a few features, like hyphenation, spellcheck, etc. But today, what was lost is found. The installation disk turned ...

Moving mailboxes with LDIF
We have an in-house developed provisioning system that runs from the HR system on a IBM mainframe. Currently we can add users, mailbox enable them, etc. However, when employees change locations we would like to have the HR system move their mailbox to the appropriate mail server. Does anyone know if it is possible to move Exchange 2003 mailboxes to a different server using LDIFs? I know it can be done using VBScript w/ADSI but that really is not an option because this is being done from a non-Windows ( IBM 390) platform. Thanks in advance. It isn't possible. LDIF will only change th...

ActiveSync and Ipaq to push e-mail?
Hi, I have Exchange 2003 SP2and would like to try the push feature of ActiveSync. I'm a noob on this, and we don't have any Windows Mobile phones yet. Can I use my IPAQ pocket PC via the Internet to do the same thing? I assume thats what a phone is doing? Thanks ...

new to windows mail
i am purely trying to use this program to respond to ads in craigslist. I am new to this program and have no idea how to set it up. When i click on the address of the ad i would like to respond to an error message pops up saying "the host 'yahoo' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly." Well how do I change the server name. Honestly, I just want to get this thing working so please help this not so computer savvy person. You may be asking the wrong question. Do you really want to get Windows Mail working, or do you just...

2005 Deluxe
Upgraded from 2003. Seems like I've lost functionality. Can't find how to separate catagory entry between category and subcategory (all one entry now). Also can't find the MoneySide FollowUP Notes that I used to have on the home page. Am I not looking in the right place? Thanks. MoneySide has been gone since M04. You are, IIRC, the second person to post here having noticed. As to dual cat lists: see http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=161. BTW, you are supposed to prefer single list. "Elliot" <Elliot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E9082426-5...

Mail preview in e-mail folders
Hi.... I've learned many years ago that the preview pane in email folders in outlook was a sin. The email had to be opened to be shown, and that could lead to the activation of malicious code. Even to day as I make new folders, the preview pane is automatically there. I have many, many email folders in my outlook 2007, all of which has gotten their preview pane reactivated after a recent hard disk crash. Now I wonder: Is using the preview pane lowering the security level? Is there an easy one step way to turn off the preview pane in all folders? Is there a way to prevent Outlook to ...

Shared Mailbox #2
We have an Exchange 5.5 Server and Outlook 2003 clients and want to create a shared mailbox called 'Secretary' for two secretaries. Currently we have one secretary with a named mailbox (let's say Jane Doe) I am going to rename Jane's mailbox to Secretary and add the new secretary (Let's say Julie Citizen) to the permissions. I want the following to be able to occur: 1) Both Jane and Julie use the single shared mailbox 2) External Users can email either "Secretary" or Jane or Julie by name (jane.doe@company.com) and the mail will go to this single mailbox 3) Inte...

Exchange 5.5 disable mail relay
Hi, I have an Echange 5.5 server SP4 running on Windows 2000 server. I disabled relay but still get about 200 spam e- mails in my queue. I can delete all files under the out folder restart IMC and with 1 to 2 minutes my queue is full. I configured IMC for inbound messages until I find a fix. Please advise on what I need to do next Is the group account enabled - if it is disable it. The guest account allows mail to be sent anonymously even if relaying has been prohibited SColville "nathan@v-1.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5b4f01c3ad28$c...

lost save file
I had a hard drive crash....was able to retrive everything from outlook express except my "SAVE FOLDERS"....I'm sure they are there...any ideas where I should look or what I need to do???? I really need the folders. Thanks Search for .eml files . . . . . "Tink" <Tink@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:468CD94A-33D3-45C1-8F1E-1DD5ADC164F2@microsoft.com... > I had a hard drive crash....was able to retrive everything from outlook > express except my "SAVE FOLDERS"....I'm sure they are there...any ideas > where...

Accessing documents in public folders slow after move
I originally had a single server Exchange 2000 orgnization and decided to upgrade to Exchange 2003 by adding a an Exchange 2003 server and performing the steps in kb art. 822931, "How to Remove the First Exchange 2003 Server Computer from the Site". I have not uninstalled Exchange from the original server yet, but it is turned off for a few days to see if any problems arise without it. The problem i observe is this: When opening documents that have been published in PF`s Outlook appears to hang, a 20k word document may take up to two minutes to load. Plenty bandwith avail...

Moving Exchange 5.5 to another server
I set up a new Exchange 5.5 server in my site, moved all mailboxes and public folders from the old server to the new server. I have followed the instructions in KB 152959 How to Remove the First Exchange Server in a Site. However, my first Exchange server is still sending out NDR's when email with invalid addresses come into our domain. All other email is sent by the new server. I don't want to shut down the old one until I know this is OK. Will my new server take over the sending of NDR's after the old server is shut down or is there another step I have to complete to ma...

Problem reassigning Business Unit
Hello, When we try to reassign a users Business Unit, the operation fails, and this message appears in the event log: "Error: The server is unwilling to process the request." Has anyone had a similar problem? It turns out that the user did not have Active Directory Groups configured properly. Once I fixed that, we could reassign the user. jeremy.mitchell@gmail.com (Jeremy) wrote in message news:<74ddd64d.0408091002.59e01681@posting.google.com>... > Hello, > When we try to reassign a users Business Unit, the operation fails, > and this message appears in the event log...

Lost security on modified reports
It appears that access has been lost to modified reports. I checked security and access to the appropriate modified reports is selected, but I can not access them, nor can other users. We work in a Citrix environment and all users access the forms and reports from the server, not local workstations. I have unmarked and marked access and logged out and back in, but with no luck. Any suggestions? Have you tried using Advanced Security's Verify Security feature to check that all the security records are correct, valid and undamaged? It is worth a try. PS: You can also use Advan...

Default mailbox -- third attempt
Unfortunately, the good people at technet insist that I MUST use the HTTP pages to submit questions and this is my third attempt of doing so. It is a shame I cannot use (according to technet folks) a real newsreader to do this instead of having all messages time out and NEVER get posted. There, now, off of my soapbox and on the the question at hand. Is there a way to configure a default mailbox that receives all messages who's address is unresolved? This would eliminate the bogus address NDR's and allow us to check for misspelled e-mail addresses instead of having the user co...