Long time offline Database - Problem ?

Hi,

I heard that a long time offline set database in one storage group isn't
best practice but I can not remember the reason or problems.

Have anyone a short answer for this

Thank you
0
IngoHuber (38)

Macro to merge 3 rows multi times, columns A:K only
I have data in every 3 rows (5,8,11, etc), through column K. I need to keep columns L & M as is. I'd like a macro to merge A5:K7, A8:K10, A11:K13, etc, through a specific number of rows (the max number of rows would change depending on which sheet I was using) . Meaning one sheet would be through row 32 ( the last of the merged rows) another sheet the last of the merged rows would be through row 50, etc. I could identify the max row in a cell if the macro could use that number when it's run. Thanks, Steve ...

Restoring Dynamics Database
Hello gurus, We are are currently working on a test server where all user security has been setup. We will be moving to the production environment and will rather not have to re-do all the user security. I know company security information and common system files are stored in the Dynamics database. My questions are these: can we simply restore the Dynamics database to production? Any risks to doing this? Besides user security, what other information is updated in Dynamics database? My main concern is, as part of testing, we have processed several transactions, closed existing...

Adding hours to time in Excel
I'm trying to figure out a formula to correct add time to hours. For example, we have a job starting at 6AM and it will run for 5 hours. I want to the formula to automatically calculate that the next job will start at 11AM. Is there a formula for this? Thanks, SKA120 If A1 contains the start time then =A1+5/24 will show the time 5 hours later Just divide the extra hours by 24 -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200719 "ska120@gmail.com" wrote: > I'm trying to figure out a formula to correct add time to hours. > > For example, we have a job starting at 6AM a...

error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "long __cdecl _com_dispatch_method(struct IDispatch *,long,unsigned short,unsigned short,void *,wchar_t const *,...)" (?_com_dispatch_method@@YAJPAUIDispatch@
Hi, I have installed Visual Studio Express 2005, and the platform SDK. I'm trying to compile, but get this linker error. The only reference I found on the web was a post of this person describing the possible cause: http://www.eggheadcafe.com/ng/microsoft.public.platformsdk.sdk_install/post20679802.asp Any clues, hints.. ? Leo Well, since you didn't bother to put the error message in the body of the text, it is a bit hard to read. Please do not put content in the headers. I only see the first segment of the header in my reader. A header that contains interesting informatio...

Milo: What is microsoft.windowslive.translator.btn? Name too long
In "C:\Documents and Settings\[myname]\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows Live\Toolbar\Custom Buttons", there is a folder called microsoft.windowslive.translator.btn that is causing me to have trouble backing up my computer. I'm being told that that path or folder name is too long. At first I thought it was the path, but trying to copy microsoft.windowslive.translator.btn DIRECTLY into the MyDocuments folder caused the same error, so now I'm pretty sure that it’s the 36 characters in that folder name that is the problem. Sure enough, when I renamed a copy...

Keyboard shortcut for current date and time
Hi, Ctrl+ ; inserts current date and Ctrl+Shift+; inserts current ti me Ctrl+Shift+; inserts the current time with the date serial as 0 and not the current date's date serial. Presently I am adding the two (ie current date and time) to get the current date and time. Is there a keyboard shortcut that does this? Thanks in advance. Regards, Raj CTRL+; then SPACE then CTRL+SHIFT+; -or- =Now() -- Jim Cone Portland, Oregon USA http://www.mediafire.com/PrimitiveSoftware "Raj" <rspai9@gmail.com> wrote in message Hi, Ctrl+ ; inserts current dat...

CRM 4.0: Report Wizard - Query execution failed for data set 'DSMain'.
How come the following report made by Report Wizard fail ? An error has occurred during report processing. Query execution failed for data set 'DSMain'. The column 'accountid' was specified multiple times for 'account0'. The report is designed as follows: New Report, Start a new report, Reportname = "test" Primary record type : Accounts Use saved view: Active Accounts Add a single column = AccountName All the rest is default choices. Changing saved view to My Active Accounts yields the same result. Changing saved view to Accounts: Responded to Campaingns ...

Setting x axis scale to time with variable intervals
I want to chart observations made at random intervals throughout the day on an area chart. If i use x-y scatter, the x-axis spacing is correct (points are proportional to the time), but i can't get an area chart. If I use the area chart, the observations are all spaced equally along the x axis. Does anyone know how to make the x-axis plot time for normal charts? The XY Scatter chart is what I call a "normal" chart, because the X and Y axes are both numerical. That's my scientific background coming out. Other types of charts, such as column, line, and area, have a ...

rows delete via macro needs too much time
Hello all, I wrote a macro which have to delete some rows in a sheet. The sheet contains many sum formulas. When I start the macro, it work very well but after 10 deletes it needs more time than before and after 20 deletes it needs over 30 seconds for one delete. When I break the macro and do the delete manually, the same happen. Post the code. Also, have you tried turning off screenupdating and calculation whilst it is running, and then putting it back on at the end:- Sub xyz() Application.ScreenUpdating = False Application.Calculation = xlCalculationManual Code................ ...

negative times.
I am comparing two times (mm:ss) by substraction, but Excel does not show negative times. How do I solve this? You can use Tools|Options|Calculation tab|Check the 1904 date system. Be aware that any existing date will be adjust by 4 years and one day. And copying dates between workbooks with different date system settings will have that same 4 years and 1 day change. Jim 3975 wrote: > > I am comparing two times (mm:ss) by substraction, but Excel does not show > negative times. How do I solve this? -- Dave Peterson ...

Services timeing out
i get the following errors in my system log Timeout (30000 milliseconds) waiting for a transaction response from the IMAP4Svc service. it dose this for IISADMIN, SMTPSVC , POP3 IMPA4,RESvc and W3SVC I found the patch for kb831572, which did not do anything. If i reboot the server seems fine for awhile then it just fills up the event log with service contorl errors. If any one has any sugestions, please let me know. It seems to be starting with the IISADMIN service first. That is where i have started looking first. ...

Open Access Database with VBA
I have created a macro in an Excel workbook to do various things with a web query, then export one sheet of the workbook as a txt file. I then get the macro to open Access. What I am wanting to do is:- I want my macro to, not only open Access, but to open a specific Access Database and if possible, run a macro within that database to import the data that I have exported from Excel. Any ideas? Thanks Try this Keith Sub test() On Error Resume Next Set ac = GetObject(, "Access.Application") If ac Is Nothing Then Set ac = GetObject("", "Access.Applicat...

Long Filename Hunter
hello, is the anyone know of a program/freeware that can search the disk for files with "long" file names? it is laborious to drill down dozens of folders and hundreds/thousands of subfolders hunting down down long file names. for example I found a couple of tiles with filenames as long as a sentence, obviously using all the amount allotted for naming a file. thanks... ~db -- db���`�...�><)))�> DatabaseBen, Retired Professional - Systems Analyst - Database Developer - Accountancy - Veteran of the Armed Forces - Microsoft Partner...

tracking time
greetings all, I have a file where i am tracking time. periodically a new line is added with the new time. for reason difficult to explain, periodically, the time gets reset to zero i.e. starts over. currently i am using format dd:hh:mm:ss this works well but occasionally the time runs beyond 30 days(1 month) and the above format resets to day 1 when it goes beyond 30 day(1 month?). i have tried dilffernts format to try and make the days roll over ie 35:00:00:00 but to no avail. [dd]:hh:mm:ss doesn't work. can someone give me some pointers/tips/directions on my dilima. he...

Find emails in Finder using Time Machine?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange Hi- <br><br>I apologize but I really don't understand Entourage so bear with me. I had to erase and install everything on my Mac. I have many Time Machine backups of my Mac. I reinstalled Entourage 2008 and got it working with Exchange with no problems. What I am missing are the emails that did NOT sit on the Exchange server but rather were on my hard drive. Please tell me where (in my Time Machine backups) are the local emails located so I can drag them to *same* folder on my...

Outlook knocks me offline
In the past week whenever and everytime I Receive or Send E-mail I am disconnected. I have 2 accounts to receive mail from. I am using the latest version of Outlook. I talked to my ISP (ALLTEL) and they discovered no problems on their end. ...

Project data and time imported into Excel
Hi I am exporting date fields from Microsoft Project into Excel, the problem I am having is finding a way of getting rid of the time portion as it is interferring with the calculation. I understand that a date and time is stored as a double, the integer part is the date and the decimal part is the time. I would like to easily remove the decimal part of the imported part. Any help would be good. thanks daryl You might want to split the time and date into two separate columns. If your date/time is in A1, you can split them like this: B1: =INT(A1) C1: =MOD(A1,1) Format the cell...

How to establish MS Access database connection in Visual C++ 4.0 M
I use Visual C++ 4.0. How to connect the database connection with Microsoft Access? Thank you very much. Landon wrote: > I use Visual C++ 4.0. > > How to connect the database connection with Microsoft Access? > > Thank you very much. > Landon: Why are you using Visual C++ 4.0? This must be around 12 years old. But I would imagine you can use CDataBase and ODBC. -- David Wilkinson Visual C++ MVP I think they had CRecordset back then. But I can't remember. I have a copy of 4.0 at home but I would be afraid to install it. :o) AliR. "Landon" <Lan...

Replace Cell Address in A Long Formula
From time to time, I need to do some change in some very long formula. For example: =TRIM(IF(ISERROR(FIND(" ",B46,FIND(" ",B46,1)+2)),MID(B46,FIND(" ",B46,1)+1,LEN(B46)),MID(B46,FIND(" ",B46,FIND(" ",B46)+2),LEN(B46)))) I want to replace all the "B46" with "F18". Is there a easier way? Thanks. One quick and dirty way is to Edit>Replace B46 with F18. HTH Anders Silven "plumstone" <plumstone@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i meddelandet news:29A2448B-1055-4847-9779-EA0FDDA5C05D@microsoft.com... > From...

Working Times
I want to breakup the working times into small chunks to match a university's class schedule to assign resources (i.e. instructors, rooms, and equipment). However, i am only able to create 5 working times. I am looking to create up to 10 in one day. Is there away to accomplish this? Hi Pirate Pete, Sorry, no. However an option would be to create separate calendars to control the specific scheduling of classes. Then simply assign a task calendar to the sessions. Please be aware that I would not recommend Project for what you are suggesting as scheduling classes would ...

Long Long Long Nested If Function
Hello, I need some help on a very long nested if formula. Or at least thats the type that I have been trying to use to get the calculations on my spreadsheet. I have this formula which is working for me but it is only one of the 5 variables I need to include in it. 1) =IF(B5="cdy",IF(P23=20,1625,(IF(P23=40,1875,2200)))) to this formula I need to add =IF(B5="nwr",IF(P23=20,850,(IF(P23=40,935,1260)))) =IF(B5="lsp",IF(P23=20,1125,(IF(P23=40,1225,1550)))) =IF(B5="mtrl",IF(P23=20,1035,(IF(P23=40,1150,1500)))) =IF(B5="trto",IF(P...

Date and Time #2
I see how that NOW() function works but is it possible to display only the time and not the date? Nick Use now(), then format the cell to only show time format=>Cells=>Number Tab, select time and pick a format. -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy Lord Of The Morning <Not@aol.com> wrote in message news:vmjrr6dsduv569@corp.supernews.com... > I see how that NOW() function works but is it possible to display only the > time and not the date? > Nick > > Yes, with TIME you'll get only the (current) time "Lord Of The Morning" <Not@aol.com> wrote in message...

Outlook security
Hi I just wanted to know if there is a better way to get around outlook security than the admin pack? As far as I am aware it only works if it is setup through a windows 2000 pc? There are less and less windows 2000 pcs around. What does one to do if all pcs are winxp in a network? Thanks Regards Your options depend on your scenario and Outlook client version; see = http://www.outlookcode.com/d/sec.htm=20 There is no requirement that you use Windows 2000 to set up the Outlook = Security Settings folder.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 200...

Date/Time Calculation
Hello, I have a form that I need to calculate duration. I'm sure it is somewhat simple to do but I'm just not sure how to do it. I have to fields, one is start time and the other is end time and both have the medium time input mask on them. All I want to do is calculate the duration in the duration field based on what is entered in the start and end time fields. How do I do this? Any help is appreciated. Thanks -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/200802/1 Look up DATEDIFF function in Access help -Dorian "...

time format- enter 25:01 it becomes 1:01
I have it set to time with type 13:30 at Number tab fo Format Cells. Whenever I enter 25:01 (for 25 min 1 sec), it is changed to 1:01 in the cell. From entry fiedl on the top it shows 1/1/1900 1:01:00 AM. What can I do for it to retain to the text I typed besides change the type of text? Thanks. You need to enter the time as 0:25:01 (i.e. with the leading zero and colon) and use a custom format on the cell of [mm]:ss. An alternative is to enter 25:01.0 so that Excel knows that the 25 relates to minutes. Without either of these, Excel thinks you have entered 25 hours and 1 minute, i.e. 1 d...